Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Hudson, WI USA)

Page: 1 | 2
TYC 5390032 Toyota/Pontiac Driver Side Power Non-Heated Replacement Mirror
TYC 5390032 Toyota/Pontiac Driver Side Power Non-Heated Replacement Mirror
Price: $34.35
19 used & new from $32.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for my '06 Vibe, December 6, 2014
It arrived sooner than Amazon initially promised, and installing it on my '06 Pontiac Vibe was pretty easy. In addition to removing the triangular trim panel that covers the the side mirror's bolts, I also had to remove the door panel in order to access the electrical connector. Youtube taught me how to remove the door panel (be sure to watch both the video that talks about how to remove the panel and the one that explains how to avoid breaking anything), but I had trouble disconnecting the unit that has the window control buttons on it-- I decided to leave it connected, and that worked fine. To replace the mirror, I needed a 3/8 inch socket wrench, a medium sized philips head screwdriver, a small flat head screw driver and a medium flat head screwdriver. The actual work of replacing the mirror took less than an hour.

Ranch Rewards Bulk Pressed Rawhide Bones  -  Flavored Treats for Dogs, 6", 90-Count
Ranch Rewards Bulk Pressed Rawhide Bones - Flavored Treats for Dogs, 6", 90-Count
Offered by One Way Pet
Price: $113.66
5 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An economical option for determined chewers..., May 17, 2013
My dog can get chew through a normal rawhide bone in no time at all. He needs to chew, and these last long 4-5 times longer than a standard rawhide bone.

This is a good price too. Cheaper than the farm store where I was getting them.

Air Hogs TITAN Glider [1.2 M - 4 Feet!]
Air Hogs TITAN Glider [1.2 M - 4 Feet!]

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun for a little while, May 5, 2013
We've had a blast with this-- it's a lot of fun to take to the park and take turns throwing. My son says it's the best thing he's ever played with, and my older girls (even the impossible to impress 12 year old)liked it a lot. It is not the kind of toy that will last a long time however. It crashes almost every time it lands, and that's hard on a plane.

We bought it for @ $10, and if we get 6 hours of fun out of it, I'll be thrilled.

Gooseberry Bluff Community College of Magic: The Thirteenth Rib
Gooseberry Bluff Community College of Magic: The Thirteenth Rib
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun speculative fiction..., February 17, 2013
The setting is a cool mix of reality and magic-- it's almost our world in the present day, but magic exists and everyone knows. The characters are believable and interesting, quirky without being caricatures.

I'm looking forward to the next episode!

Pastiche
Pastiche
Offered by AMA INC
Price: $54.99
6 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Strategy Game that isn't about war or money, June 24, 2012
This review is from: Pastiche (Toy)
I have a game-playing family. We love Settlers of Catan, Carcasonne, Monopoly and Risk. But Pastiche takes strategy in a very different direction. Instead of building cities or armies or a real estate portfolio, you're collecting colors for famous paintings. It is a strategy game-- colors are created on a shared mixing area (it's complicated to explain, but clear once you're playing) and you need to create your more challenging colors while you can, while making it difficult for your opponents to do the same, and you also need to make decisions about whether to go for more complex higher commission works, or to aim for simpler ones, knowing you'll need to complete more of them to win. However, there is a less combative feel to Pastiche compared to games where you're competing in a more direct way, and it's fun to chat about the art as you play.

Pastiche is a bit complicated at first. My kids (ages 9 & 11) who can easily play Settlers of Catan struggled to get started with Pastiche, and we have played a less intense version where we all share which paintings we're working on, so the adults can offer advice when necessary.

I'm happy to own Pastiche. It's fun to play and a change of pace from many of our favorites.

Insect Shield 442ZLB Wide Brim Hat, Light Brown (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Insect Shield 442ZLB Wide Brim Hat, Light Brown (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, high quality hat that keeps bugs away, June 24, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised by this hat-- it is much better quality than hats of similar price that I've purchased at Target. The hat itself is attractive and durable. There is an elastic band around the inner rim that keeps the hat on my head when it's breezy, and the strap means I won't have to chase it across the yard if the wind picks up. I have worn it in very buggy places, and it does an excellent job of keeping mosquitoes off my face and shoulders, and it's a good sun shade too. All around, it does what it ought to, and for a reasonable price.

Dollhouse Miniature The Shadybrook Cabin Dollhouse Kit
Dollhouse Miniature The Shadybrook Cabin Dollhouse Kit
Offered by Hobby Builder's Supply
Price: $32.99
3 used & new from $32.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun kit, for the price but not for the complete novice..., January 16, 2012
My husband and 9 year old daughter worked together to assemble this kit over about 3 weekends. There was a lot of sanding to prepare surfaces for painting. The wood used in the kit was cheap-- there were voids in the inner layers. Also, the instructions could use some proofreading, but they were able to figure it out. The result is adorable and looks just like the picture. My daughter is thrilled.

Comfy Cone Pet E-Collar, Large, Black
Comfy Cone Pet E-Collar, Large, Black
Price: $26.99
26 used & new from $13.44

3.0 out of 5 stars Not ideal for a determined dog..., June 24, 2011
This is a good product-- it's well made and comfortable for the dog, or at least as comfortable as a cone can be.

We did stumble on a couple drawbacks to the design, and I wanted to share them, in case someone finds it helpful. We are using the cone for a difficult case-- a dog with very long legs who is chewing his paws. The comfy cone does reduce the chewing, but it hasn't eliminated it altogether, because the dog has learned a couple techniques for pushing the cone against either the floor or a wall to make it bend so he can get to his feet. Also, the cone is heavily padded, which makes it hot.

editing to add: After a week and a half, the dog has become so good at defeating the cone, it is of no use. I would NOT recommend it for keeping a smart dog from chewing his feet or lower legs.

Made for Trade
Made for Trade
Offered by bestfaves
Price: $34.98
32 used & new from $9.76

3.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to love this..., February 5, 2009
This review is from: Made for Trade (Toy)
We are a big game-playing family, and often use games as a part of our homeschooling. Based on the other reviews, I was excited to buy this game, but now that we have it, it gets very little use. The game can take a very long time to play, there is little room for strategy, and the way that it introduces historical facts is a little heavy-handed for my taste.

To play the game, each player chooses a character (there are several with Colonial-sounding names). The characters travel around the board, hoping to land on spaces that will let them enter shops, and then hoping to roll the right number so that they can buy the things they need to complete their shopping list (the point of the game). As you travel around the board, there are "event" spaces, which prompt the player to draw an event card, which includes an interesting historical factoid, along with the usual "lose a turn" or "go directly to gaol" We find that the game relies on so much luck that it gets tedious long before anyone has managed to win.

If you really need your kids to learn the facts introduced by the game, the game probably beats just drilling them with flashcards, but it's not a game we play for fun.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2012 10:51 AM PDT

The First Years  Take & Toss Spill Proof Cups  24 Pack (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
The First Years Take & Toss Spill Proof Cups 24 Pack (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars BPA and Phthalate-free..., May 7, 2008
These have been our favorite sippy for two kids. Because neither of our kids are chewers, some of the sippy cups were durable enough to be handed down. When the news about BPA and phthalates came to my attention, I did some research, and discovered that these sippy cups are made of #5 plastic and are therefore phthalate and BPA-free.

In my experience, these inexpensive sippy cups are durable, don't leak, and are tough for a toddler to open (my kids like to pour). Knowing that they're made of safe plastic is quite a relief!

Page: 1 | 2