Profile for Muriel C. MacMahon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Muriel C. MacMahon RSS Feed (New Hampshire, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Merrell Women's Bare Access Arc 3 Trail Running Shoe,Saxony Blue,5.5 M US
Merrell Women's Bare Access Arc 3 Trail Running Shoe,Saxony Blue,5.5 M US
Offered by Orva Stores
Price: $55.86
2 used & new from $55.86

5.0 out of 5 stars ... a pair of the Merrell's arc 2 which I loved but had put a lot of miles on, July 10, 2014
I already had a pair of the Merrell's arc 2 which I loved but had put a lot of miles on. Also, with the warming temps, I noticed my feet sweelling more and really needed a half size bigger. These shoes are just as great. Went for a run (parts of it on a dirt road) and didn't have any issues with the smalls rocks hurting my feet. Shoes felt very comfortable.

Korg GA-30 Ultra Compact Guitar and Bass Tuner
Korg GA-30 Ultra Compact Guitar and Bass Tuner
13 used & new from $6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I was looking for., January 12, 2010
I had been using an old Arion tuner that I got maybe 20 years ago for next to nothing. The guy at the music store said he couldn't sell if he wanted to, them because no one wants a tuner that takes four size "N" batteries. I had an AC adapter that fit it so for the couple bucks he was asking, it was a deal.

Then, a few weeks back I was trying out a guitar in a music store, when the sales guy ran over to tune it real quick. He sets this Korg GA-30 on top of a nearby amp and played an unplugged electric near it and the thing worked like a charm, just using built-in mic.

I bought one a few days later and couldn't believe the improvement. I can tune my acoustic in just seconds. It might not be the most expensive, sensitive, or stylish tuner out there, but it's small, takes two AAA batteries (included!) and fits in the guitar case with ease.

And the red and green LED indicators are nice for low light situations.

HIGHLY recommended.

Timberland PRO Men's 47019 Titan 8" Waterproof Safety Toe Boot
Timberland PRO Men's 47019 Titan 8" Waterproof Safety Toe Boot
Price: $99.99 - $169.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfort, comfort, comfort, November 3, 2009
OK, I haven't had a chance to put these through the wringer outdoors. I just got them, but they fit like they were custom molded to my feet.

Conservco Dsl-1 Hose Bibb Lock
Conservco Dsl-1 Hose Bibb Lock
Offered by Life and Home
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A landlord's best friend, September 11, 2009
Tenants washing their cars and filling their wading pools, running your water bill through the roof? Not anymore. Works great. Easy on and off. Just what I was looking for.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2013 9:31 AM PST

BlackBerry Leather Pocket for BlackBerry 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130
BlackBerry Leather Pocket for BlackBerry 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130
Offered by Seller1ON1
Price: $2.93
3 used & new from $2.93

5.0 out of 5 stars One word: Perfect, September 11, 2009
Needed a new case for the Blackberry, but I'm not crazy about belt clips, as I'm always sticking the phone in my jacket or pants pocket. I wanted something thin that would keep pocket lint and dirt out of the buttons and trackball.

The quality is better than the impression I got from the photo here. On the "back side" there's a extra strip of leather that's sown over a narrow gap that runs the length of the holster. This protects the trackball from being bumped. At least, that's how I'm using it.

Fit is perfect. It's just what I was looking for. And you'd be hard pressed to beat the price of nine cents! OK, $2.89 for shipping, but still...

Greatest Hits II
Greatest Hits II
40 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Tailor-made for the new Kenny Chesney fan, May 19, 2009
This review is from: Greatest Hits II (Audio CD)
As a relatively new fan of Kenny Chesney's music, I can say that this CD is ideal for someone like me, who doesn't have all the earlier CD releases. Could use a couple more tracks, but I'll wait for those to show up on Volume III, as they inevitably will.

For the record, Summertime is my favorite song to mention Yoo-Hoo in the lyrics. I hope to catch him on tour this summer, if I can get a pair of tickets for less than a mortgage payment.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2011 8:28 AM PDT

Casio Advanced Scientific Calculator with 2-Line Natural Textbook Display (FX-115ES)
Offered by EXCELLENT ELECTRONICS
Price: $24.75
19 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT calculator, lousy manual, March 14, 2009
If there's a better calculator out there in the <$20 range, I haven't seen it. This is a huge step up from my wife's old fx-180P I had planned on using for the PRAXIS II math test (until I picked it up the other day and it rattled as I shook it).

The road map-style manual is the only reason I took a star away from it. A booklet manual with an index would be a big improvement.

PRAXIS II Middle School Mathematics (0069) - (REA): The Best Teachers' Test Prep (PRAXIS Teacher Certification Test Prep)
by Mel H. Friedman
Price: $23.42
52 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Have they heard of proofreaders at REA?, March 8, 2009
I should have checked in here before buying this study guide, but I have less than a week to refresh my memory on all this stuff, and didn't have the time. I think the 2008 edition is supposed to be the "corrected" edition, based on the some of the examples of errors listed in these reviews.

I've found three very obvious mistakes so far that weren't picked up earlier by the publisher (if they even tried to find them).

p.37, column 2 section (B):

Should read: r1 + r2 = -b/a (not c/a)

p. 77, column 2, item (2):

Should read: The radius of a regular hexagon (not polygon) is congruent to its side.

p. 126, column 2:

The standard deviation is

s (not s^2) = ... = 2.07

If they got rid of these errors, it would be a good study guide, but as it is, it's too sloppy to merit more then two stars.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't know how I got by without one!, April 5, 2008
Simply amazing product. Not to turn into a Bosch cheerleader, but they have yet to disappoint me. I do kitchen design and remodeling. Now, it takes me all of a minute or two to get all my interior wall dimensions taken down to get my computer model started. Try measuring the interior width of a dark closet full of clothes and boxes without one. No more need to ask someone to hold "the dumb end" of the tape measure for you. Just don't throw away that old Stanley 25' just yet.

Seriously, I'd give this 100 stars if it was an option.

Bosch 1640VS Finecut 3.5 Amp Power Handsaw
Bosch 1640VS Finecut 3.5 Amp Power Handsaw
Price: $69.99
22 used & new from $58.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This little saw saved the day, January 7, 2008
I had to cut out a countertop from around a vertical cabinet that rested on the base cabinets without disturbing or damaging any of the adjacent woodwork. The Sawzall woudl have been way too much tool for the job. Fortunately, my granite installer had this in his toolbag. Like another reviewer said, you won't use it every day, but when you need it, you'll be glad you have it.

Page: 1 | 2