Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for Bucherwurm > Reviews

Browse

Bucherwurm's Profile

Customer Reviews: 421

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bucherwurm "bucherwurm" RSS Feed (California United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
doTERRA On Guard Protecting Throat Drops (2 pack)
doTERRA On Guard Protecting Throat Drops (2 pack)
Offered by Nature Glow
Price: $31.84
11 used & new from $26.85

2.0 out of 5 stars My first reaction to these lozenges was: "are these ..., January 16, 2016
My first reaction to these lozenges was: "are these flavored with jalapeno peppers?" They're not, but they are really spicey. You get somewhat used to them, but I'm not inclined to buy another bag.

Reading Glasses _ Best 4 Pack for Men and Women _ Have a Stylish Look and Crystal Clear Vision When You Need It! _ Comfort Spring Arms & Dura-Tight Screws _ 180 Day 100% Guarantee + 1.75
Offered by TruVision Readers
Price: $47.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Always carry around two pairs of these glasses., July 30, 2015
The strength of these glasses seem quite accurate for my eyes. The problem with them is the frames break quite easily. An ear piece falls off, then a lens falls out because the frame around it breaks for some reason. No wonder they're sold in sets of four. I'm on my second set now. I'll keep buying them because the price is so low. Th low price is why I give them 3 stars; if the price was higher I'd give them one star, and stop buying them.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2016 2:39 PM PST

KIND Bars, Cranberry Almond + Antioxidants, Gluten Free, 1.4 Ounce Bars, 12 Count
Price: $18.17
76 used & new from $11.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Eat the Cranberry Almond bar & then take a shower., July 25, 2015
These are extremely sticky bars. Good taste, but I had to keep them in the refrigerator to reduce the stickiness. I no longer buy this flavor, but I do like the Peanut Butter/Dark Chocolate bars & the Dark Chocolate/Cherry Cashew bars. They're not at all sticky.

KIND Bars, Cranberry Almond + Antioxidants with Macadamia Nuts, Gluten Free, 1.4 Ounce Bars, 4 Count
Price: $6.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Eat the Cranberry/Almond bar & then take a shower, July 25, 2015
It tastes good, but is unbelievably sticky. I kept them in the refrigerator to reduce the stickiness. I no longer buy them because of this problem. Instead I buy the Dark Chocolate/Cherry Cashew & the Peanut Butter/Dark Chocolate bars. They're tasty and totally non sticky.

Kindle Unlimited:  Why Most of You Should Not Use It
Kindle Unlimited: Why Most of You Should Not Use It
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Unlimited Is A Life Sentence, December 4, 2014
I'm being facetious? Not really. I gave this tract 3 stars because it didn't go far enough. There is some information that can be useful to someone lacking knowledge of the program. A quick glance through available books will turn many readers off. My experience was to sign up for the program when I came across a newly published science book by a reputable author. Hey, maybe this program has merit after all.

A really great deal, I thought. Time passed. No other books interested me, and I decided the unlimited program was not for me. I canceled out. Then it hit me: IF YOU CANCEL, EVERY UNLIMITED BOOK ON YOUR KINDLE WILL DISAPPEAR. If you trash your books after reading them then this program may still be a good one for you. On the other hand if you tend to keep many books after reading them, then you may have a problem. To keep my science book on my Kindle I would have to pay Amazon $10 a month for the rest of my life. Well, when my science book disappeared I bought a hard copy to replace it. I have a fairly large library of hard copy books that serve me well for reference, and rereading. It is comforting to know that they will still be there when I get up in the morning.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2016 8:26 AM PST

Orthofeet Bismarck Mens Stretchable Therapeutic Arthritis and Diabetic Shoes Black Synthetic /Spandex 11 W US
Offered by Orthofeet Inc
Price: $113.95

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, June 20, 2014
Arrived on the last allowable day set by Amazon. Shoes are so-so but that's not necessarily the vendor's fault. My shoe requirements are not quite normal, and I have problems getting ones that fit properly.

Botony 500 - Mens Long Sleeve Broadcloth Pajama, Blue 29635-Large
Botony 500 - Mens Long Sleeve Broadcloth Pajama, Blue 29635-Large

1.0 out of 5 stars These PJs weren't made for me., November 4, 2013
First of all, all my clothing, including pajamas, are size large. They fit me just fine. This pair of pajamas was too tight in the chest; the arms were too short; the pants fit, but I've seen better; light weight providing limited warmth. You'll notice that I used the words "was", and "were". Those are the right words as the set is now residing in our garbage can. Included in this particular Amazon order was another set of PJs, brand name "Noble Mount" (my wife looked askance at me, and then laughed when I told her the name). These pajamas were also "large" and fit perfectly. While also light weight they provide warmth for a cold night.

In short, you can do a lot better than buy these Botany PJ's. The brand name isn't even spelled correctly in this listing. A real dud.

Ulysses (The Gabler Edition)
Ulysses (The Gabler Edition)
by James Joyce
Price: $14.14
258 used & new from $1.14

5.0 out of 5 stars One Excellent Reason to Buy The Gabler Edition, January 12, 2013
One can dispute various things regarding the Gabler edition of Ulysses, but, for me, there was one compelling reason to purchase it.

If a reader wishes to purchase one or more books that discuss and/or annotate Ulysses, then this, the Gabler edition of Ulysses, should be given prime consideration. Many of these supplementary books are line coded to the Gabler addition, such as:

1. Ulysses Annotated by Don Gifford. This is a large book that annotates almost everything in Ulysses.
2. Ulysses Revised Edition by Hugh Kenner. Another book of annotations.
3, Reading Joyce's Ulysses by Daniel Schwarz.
4. New Bloomsday Book, by Harry Blamires. Line coded to Gabler, but also has line codes for 1961 Random House and 1992 Penguin.
5. Ulysses and Us by Declan Kiberd is an exception as it refers to the 1992 Penguin version of Ulysses. But this book doesn't use line codes.

I own all of the above books (+James Joyce and Ulysses by Stuart Gilbert, and am grateful that I bought Gabler.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2014 9:44 AM PDT

580 Color Paintings of Paul Cezanne (Cézanne) - French Post-Impressionist Painter (January 19, 1839 - October 22, 1906)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars What a ratings problem.., January 5, 2013
The paintings are great. Give them five stars. There is no contents or indexing. That's a one star. You can find a painting if you know its title, and then type it in using "search". So, on balance, when you consider the price this collection rates about four stars.

One further note: quality might vary depending on which Kindle you have. I have an HD8.9 so I assume I have the highest quality that the Kindle can provide.

The Birth of the Republic, 1763-89, Fourth Edition (The Chicago History of American Civilization)
by Edmund S. Morgan
Price: $12.86
99 used & new from $4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars, But Don't Buy It!, December 14, 2012
Don't buy it if you have the 1992 third edition of this book. Word for word the text is the same as the 3rd edition. Well, what's new then? A 3 and 1/2 page introduction by Joseph Ellis, and at the end a brief essay on the scholarship of the American Revolution by Rosemarie Zagarri. Not even the bibliography has been updated for this "edition". It even states in the book that the text hasn't been changed.

I won't write a review of the text. There are many fine reviews that you can read for the 3rd edition, and I mostly agree with the four and five star reviews. It's a great, although brief book on the political aspects of the history of the period. My only qualification is that if you are truly interested in the Revolutionary era you need more books than just this one. Unfortunately the 20 year old bibliography isn't an awful lot of help...although there are some still in print classics listed by authors such as Bailyn (Ideological Origins of the American Revolution), Fischer (Albion's Seed), Wood (Radicalism of the American Revolution), Middlekauff (The Glorious Cause), and others.

I am really concerned about the ethics of a growing trend among publishers who have become too enamored of words like "new", "revised" and "anniversary" placed in front of "edition" when there really has been no modification of the text.

If you don't own any edition of this book, then by all means buy it. If you have the 3rd edition my recommendation is to save some money, and don't buy it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2012 10:50 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20