Profile for PennyLane > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PennyLane "Penny Lane" RSS Feed (Seattle, Wa United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Roku 3100AB 1080p 2 XS Angry Birds Limited Edition Streaming Player - Red
Roku 3100AB 1080p 2 XS Angry Birds Limited Edition Streaming Player - Red
8 used & new from $64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my, I love my, I love my Red Roku- now with youtube, August 5, 2014
Hi, I bought my RED ROKU quite awhile ago as I wanted to hook it up to an old (originally 1500 bucks and 2 men to haul it in) 32" humongous now 20 yr old TV along with same age - 3 ft tall floor speakers I love and 15 yr old stereo I was not about to part with. It took me a year to move that big TV into the room I would eventually use this Roku with so meanwhile I did use it with zero issues with a computer and 32" new TV (smaller screen).
FINALLY I got the that TV and it's huge antique cabinet filled with stereo equipment moved (I'm a -5 ft tall lady and it took me 3 days to nudge and push...I was determined!) and once in place.. I had NO problem connecting the Roku 3100AB 1080p 2 XS Angry Birds Limited Edition Streaming Player - Red and I LOVE IT, been using it with this old TV for over a year now. The sound booms over my old beloved speakers and- if I really need to see that detail in video I watch over the Visio that doesn't have the big speakers. My system isn't perfect but all in all, this solution cost the least for me now! Now we do indeed get youtube over the Roku. I hear the newer models of Roku are faster etc - and if I ever get a larger than 32" new TV (for the other room I have a 32" Visio in) I may buy a newer one but it will be quite awhile before I'll part with my RED ROKU! If you are in a similar predicament as I was- perhaps have a giant oldie TVin your basement and speakers good enough to still want to crank up- this just might be YOUR solution too. With the options this special edition came with I think it is possibly a model most ppl will never part with, or at least not for a long while. Buy another Roku- sure, but this one is ready for nearly all situations with older equipment and temp room arrangements.

Sun Maid Natural California Raisins, 32-Ounce (Pack of 4)
Sun Maid Natural California Raisins, 32-Ounce (Pack of 4)
Price: $29.52
4 used & new from $20.50

4.0 out of 5 stars I loved these raisins and got these a at a price ..., August 5, 2014
I loved these raisins and got these a at a price equal or less than where I live (rural and pricey) ... and at about two fifty a pound for buying pack of 4 bulk- I would definitely buy again.
These were plump, well packed snugly and securely- no bloated packng nor chance of damage on these (at least the way they packed when I bought mine) These are great raisins I thoroughly enjoying, and while yes the bag seals I choose to slip my 2 lb bag in a gallon zip loc that can at-a-glance tell it is secure.
Good stuff, great with my oatmeal which I eat raw with other goodies, Sun Maid Raisins, sunflower seeds, wheat germ etc, whatever I have on hand but the raisins are a must! (I call it "on-the-run muesli ) yum.

Avast Free Antivirus 2015 [Download]
Avast Free Antivirus 2015 [Download]
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars for now I like avast and have it on 2 systems, August 5, 2014
Hi, I have used avast for some time- I'd once used zonealarm exclusively then switched. I am going to try out 2 other programs mentioned in Pc mag before I make any full purchase, but for now I like avast and have it on 2 systems; so far so good. Oh, also, sometimes it goes on sale for a very good price; about twice a year.

Sizzix Sizzlits Die Set 3PK - Accordion Fold Flowers Set by Scrappy Cat
Sizzix Sizzlits Die Set 3PK - Accordion Fold Flowers Set by Scrappy Cat
Price: $8.20
8 used & new from $4.00

4.0 out of 5 stars breezy easy - make a garden of them!, April 29, 2014
I really like this 3 die set - 2 options for each the accordian and the base layer. It can be made to reflect any mood and design, flower power whimsical, military and sports, feminine. I run these through my pink and black machine- then I can put them together while watching tv :) Striped paper looks terrific, and a crop-a-dile or other small hole punch will easily add a lacy look, utilizes leftover paper too, while making cards that have dimension, but not too much height nor fragility- for mailing. I think they would be great for boys and mens cards, who can be hard to come up with ideas for. A look online youtube or a pictorial blog or idea craft site will give a wealth of ideas. Yes, you do not require dies to make these if you have a scoring board, but I am glad I purchased the dies for for the ease and time it saves in making this size, and at a price near five dollars, well worth it and great for beginning card makers onward.

All Bran Cereal, Original, 18.3-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 5)
All Bran Cereal, Original, 18.3-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 5)
Price: $18.40
6 used & new from $18.40

5.0 out of 5 stars fresher than at my local store, April 29, 2014
Price avg- but I live with just one fairly small grocery store nearby. The cereal was very fresh tasting - and the pkging. was not crushed as can happen getting it home with a lot of other groceries. It arrived quickly and was worth buying online in this instance. May buy it online all the time - as long as the price is reasonable. My boxes showed an expiration date of 10 months from purchase time in April - (exo Feb 2015).

Black & Decker BDBEAM-B Lantern with Batteries
Black & Decker BDBEAM-B Lantern with Batteries
Offered by Jembs Products
Price: $13.00
16 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice to have around, August 16, 2013
Hi. I have had one of these lantern lites for about 3 years- I had a nice one (disappeared) then got another one that was too big for my small hands. Then I saw this one and have enjoyed it for some time. I have aimed it up at an angle to shed light on a computer I was working on- worked well. Batteries don't seem to be eaten up really fast and overall- I like the design of it. I LIKE the fact that it does use 2 kinds of bats while 6 V arent around everywhere- D cell are even in the drug and grocery store most anywhere. I do however think that this one does not shine as bright as one I first had (forgot the brand) but that may have been due to the age of the bats that first came with this (when I had my initial impression.) Easy to carry for small hands not really heavy, on/off easier than some, handy stand to angle to aim at your work. I am considering buying another.

The Spy Who Loved Me [HD]
The Spy Who Loved Me [HD]
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars love them all tx amazon, May 6, 2013
got to watch several of the bonds movies in a marathon watch- due to amazon putting them up on PRIME FREE.
YAY! thanks Amazon.

Octopussy [HD]
Octopussy [HD]
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars im biased love them all, May 6, 2013
not the bst of them, not the worst. what can i say, love them all. love them all. love the corny effects and humor too

DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate Dreams Shredded Latex Pillow, Standard
DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate Dreams Shredded Latex Pillow, Standard
Price: $36.63
2 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars soothing- wish I'd had one long ago, March 13, 2013
I purchased the Ultimate Dreams Mattress and the DreamFoam Ultimate Dreams shredded latex pillow with it from Amazon - I am already VERY atttached to this.. it's incredibly soothing on my back when I recline for reading - This pillow works for neck and shoulder nerve endings (had surgery)- & the aches and pains of fibromyalgia. I'll be purchasing another one.

The cozy cover that comes with this is especially nice for chilly nights. For warmer weather, and to adjust the density of the foam inside TRY THIS - using 2 percale or combed cotton cases put one on- then the other in the opposite direction as far as needed to adjust the shredded foam (ever see those 2 piece bread loaf keepers that adjusts to the bread that is left? that's the idea :)D

Highly recommend this pillow- only thing, is having never owned a latex pillow the weight takes a little getting used to butt if you've been used to flinging and flipping pillows around to get comfortable you'll do it less with this one. I also have a myPillow and I'm very fond of it too but they each have such different qualities and I choose... to use both. For "all purpose" I suppose a myPillow or similar is best but already just in 1 month of using the latex I find myself reaching for it more and more often as I learn what it works best for and how to use it.

Beware- small pets love it- one of my dogs seems to instinctively head for and buries himself in it! One day I had to search the bed and I found him underneath the pillow! People mention latex pillows seem to run slightly warmer than others though I don't know why it should other than its comparatively weighty and of course if you stay in one position with any pillow rather than flinging and flipping it about, it is bound to absorb your body heat.

Favorite Cakes, Cupcakes & Frostings: 200+ Cake, Frosting and Cupcake Recipes from Club, Church & Community Cookbooks
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars YUM interesting and marvelous recipes, but no fruitcake at all?, December 9, 2012
I was very happy with this collection of recipes and hope to make 2 of them for the holidays but- if you are looking for a comprehensive go to collection of cake recipes this won't be it. ... but wow, if you are just browsing and wanting something perhaps different or something you or someone you knew once made and have forgotten- you just might find it here!
I was having some difficulty finding cakes I'd looked at before in my kindle version but maybe I'm just not used to electronic medium cookbooks? .. I really do prefer paper copies- the good old fashioned books for cookery. There is nothing like a winter evening cuddled up with tea and a real book.. okay well kindle is nice but you just can't feel the book and see the little bits of paper satisfyingly hanging out from between the pages as you mark a recipe.
Get this if you are a collector of cookbooks or wanting encouragemennt to get in that kitchen more often and get some baking done~! enjoy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3