Profile for Leanne > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Leanne RSS Feed

Her Daughter's Dream (Marta's Legacy)
Her Daughter's Dream (Marta's Legacy)
by Francine Rivers
Price: $12.75
108 used & new from $2.36

1.0 out of 5 stars Sadly disappointed, May 7, 2012
I love Francine River's books, and when I read both of these books, I must say I was very disappointed.

To me, I saw no point in the entire story. It was just two very long books about people's lives with no real point. (I understand her real point; I have read about how it relates to her family, but I found it very boring and almost a timewaster.)

As I said before, I am a big Francine River's fan, but just not this series.

Beautiful Awakening
Beautiful Awakening
Price: $34.94
84 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's God?, February 4, 2007
This review is from: Beautiful Awakening (Audio CD)
When you 1st listen, it's quite pleasing to the ear. It's obvious she's writing from her heart and singing with all her might. She's an amazing singer. It's just, where's God?

There's not one song that mentions God's name. Most of the songs are revolved around boys, which just makes it sound completely secular. I have no doubt that she's a Christian, but compared to her 1st two cd's, it has no Godly lyrics. Morally correct, yes. But Godly, no.

It's more--- soul and r&b. Which I completely love! The beat's awesome, and her voice is just music to my ears.

I am a bit disappointed to find God wasn't in this album, but if you're not concerned with that, it's one of the best cds.

I'll include the listing of the songs and my rating:

1. So Simple - 8/10

9. Is It Me 8.5/10

10. Don't Ask Me To Stay 10/10

11. I Can't Give It Up 6/10

12. Beautiful Awakening 10/10

The last song is beautiful. The first time I heard it, I shook my head and skipped over it each time I listened to the cd. But then I listened to it, and it was great! It grows on you. It's beautiful.

This cd is what it's called. A Beautiful Awakening.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2012 5:08 PM PDT

Regeneration
Regeneration
Offered by Marks Ear Candy
Price: $7.25
64 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a regular band, but much much more, December 20, 2006
This review is from: Regeneration (Audio CD)
This is not just some band that a few kids decided to do when they were bored, they had a mission: to share God's word. When you listen to the songs, they have a deep meaning that, if you're in the right mood, will stir you internally. Songs:

1. One Girl Revolution 3/5

2. Get Up 5/5

3. Me Against The World 4/5

4. Barlow Girls 5/5

5. Stand Up 4/5

6. I Belong To You 10/5 :)

7. Princes And Frogs 3/5

8. One And Lonely 5/5

9. Hero 1000000/5

As you can see, I really enjoy the song "Hero." If you listen to it, you'll know why. I think it just sounds so real; that that's really what goes on in schools (especially middle or high school) and we don't stand up for the ones who don't for themselves. It just makes me think how much better our world would be if we were all "Heros."

I also enjoy the song "I Belong To You." I can so relate to what is being sung. I do feel the way it says; (life is hard just to get through, I'm glad that I belong to You...) I mean, I don't feel like that a lot, but when I do, I know God will hear my cry in the middle of the night. Great meaning, and I love the guitar in it.

All the songs are good, just some slightly (or greatly) better than others. If you've never heard this CD or don't own it, I'd strongly advise it, for it not only provides great listening music, but an inspirational meaning within the songs.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching and spectacular, December 1, 2006
It's nice to know that there is finally a movie about the true meaning of Christmas. It's historically accurate and filled with many eye-watering scenes. The movie is believable and makes you realize how tough it had to be to be Mary and Joseph, especially Mary. This is a great movie that I would definetly buy. It's wonderful.

Mara, Daughter of the Nile (Puffin Story Books)
Mara, Daughter of the Nile (Puffin Story Books)
by Eloise Jarvis McGraw
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.29
154 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A stimulating and heart-warming book, November 27, 2006
I was 14 years old when I first read this enchanting masterpiece. It has great characters, great romance, great plot, not to mention just plain suspense.

This book had me captured after about the third or so chapter (or whenever it was when she became Sheftu's slave) and I was instantly hooked, reading for hours at night.

No it is not historically accurate with the queen being the villian, but it's just a novel! It is for enjoyment, and that is certainly what it is.

The only flaw is that it's somewhat slow paced (atleast it was for me at the very beginning). I couldn't get into it with the first chapter, which is the key into to any novel, but was sucked in once I read more into it.

If you are hesitant about reading this book, don't be, for it is surely worth your time.

Anna and the King
Anna and the King
DVD ~ Jodie Foster
Offered by ACE MEDIA DIRECT
Price: $15.50
58 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Put your hands together for "Anna and the King", October 30, 2006
This review is from: Anna and the King (DVD)
The very first time I watched this, I loved it. Jodie Foster and Chow Yun Fat are absolutely great together, and the set is amazing! The costumes are magnificent, and the power of this movie is touching.

There are many stories. There are times of sorrow and grief, but there are also times of utter happiness and joy.

Walk Two Moons
Walk Two Moons
by Sharon Creech
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.29
190 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A 1-day read!, October 16, 2006
I was at my usual trip to the library, shuffling through the books, and this book caught my eye. I picked it up, and read the inside, which honestly, I think was lamely put. Well, I took the book home and started to read it. By the third chapter, I was hooked. It was interesting, and what really was neat to me, was how it sounded like an actual 13 year old was telling the story!

I was instantly intrigued by Phoebe's tale along with Salamaca.

The story touches your heart deep down. I never thought I'd like it so much. Read it. You won't be disappointed.

The Journey of Eleven Moons (Northern Lights Series, Book 1)
The Journey of Eleven Moons (Northern Lights Series, Book 1)
by Bonnie Leon
67 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!!, October 16, 2006
This book was recomended to me, and I was instantly hooked just from looking at the cover! I read the first chapter, and it had me in tears. I kept reading, and I couldn't put the book down! I actually read on the weekend---on my own free will! (That doesn't happen much, but now it does) This was my very 1st Christian book, and it's very inspiring.

I advise any Christian to take a crack at this book filled with adventure, romance, tradgety, humor... you name it! It's a good clean, Christian romance for all ages.

If you're a bit shaky on reading it, don't worry. Just go ahead, read it. Trust me, I loved it!!! I know you will too.