Profile for Stephen M. Charme > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stephen M. Charme RSS Feed (central New Jersey)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Purell Pump Bottle, Original, 8 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Purell Pump Bottle, Original, 8 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Price: $34.08
11 used & new from $34.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective product, October 30, 2014
I have used this at home and in the office for several years. Here's why I like this.

1. It's a quick and efficient way to protect against germs. If you go to a hospital you'll find Purell dispensers all over the place.

2. The pump is easy to use and you can easily control the amount dispensed. You only need a little bit to rub into your hands.

3. There is no problem using this right before you eat something with your hands, which I do throughout the day when I snack in the office. Just wait until it dries, which takes only a matter of seconds. I'm often handling documents that have been through several co-workers' hands, so this product is a great way to protect myself.

4, While this is not fragrance free, the fragrance is so minimal that nobody will smell this after you use it.

5. I have used similar products that cost less and work as well, though I have found the fragrance more noticeable, so I prefer the original Purell.

Bottom line: A very simple to use and effective product.

NorthONE(TM) Digital Tire Pressure Gauge, 100 PSI, 4 Settings, Quickly and Accurately Monitor Tire Air Pressure for Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles and Bicycles
Offered by 52ndStreetTrading
Price: $11.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate gauge but placement can be a little tricky, October 29, 2014
I received this at no cost in exchange for writing a review. Here are my comments.

1. I compared this to a more expensive analog gauge I use and the readings were within .5 PSI, so this is accurate.

2. This is about the size and shape of large hoze nozzle (5" x 1 1/2" x 3/4"), including the finger ridges, and fits comfortably in my hand. Both the digital display and nozzle are illuminated so you can see what you're doing in the dark. This also doubles as a flashlight when you don't want something too bright.

3. You can cycle through 4 different measuring units, though the only one that interests me is PSI. When done, hold the power button for three seconds and the unit turns off. When you turn it back on you'll have the measuring unit you last chose, so no need to cycle through units each time you turn this on.

4. I found this to be a little more difficult to place on the tire stem to get an accurate reading than other tire gauges I have used. If you don't center it exactly the reading will be off.

5. This is powered by a C2032 battery and 3 LR44 batteries, which are included. That's good, because in order to install the batteries you need a small Philips screwdriver to unscrew two screws in the handle and then pry it apart. Not hard to do, just inconvenient. But at this price point I don't really expect a better design.

Also, 4 batteries to power a single unit like this is kind of ridiculous. Fortunately batteries last a while, because for the cost of replacing them you might as well just buy a new unit.

Bottom line: A nice tire gauge but a little finicky to position just right.

Sunbell Solar Lamp & Phone Charger, Yellow
Sunbell Solar Lamp & Phone Charger, Yellow
Offered by Southern Serendipity
Price: $89.95
3 used & new from $89.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy something else, October 29, 2014
I received this at no cost in exchange for writing a review. This is one product you don't need. Here's why.

1. This has to be one of the clunkiest, most cumbersome, and most expensive contraptions I've seen to accomplish two simple objectives--provide light and a solar charged source for a phone or other electronic gadget. No backpacker would dream of taking this when there are so many more compact, efficient and space saving alternatives that exist. Just look around any EMS or REI or other store that sells products for the outdoors.

And even if you're packing your camping supplies in a car, there's no point in wasting space with something like this.

2. The design is terrible. Instead of being able to simply hook your Phone into a USB port on a solar panel, with this product you first have to connect the solar panel to a battery pack, then insert a proprietary charging cable into the battery pack, and then attach a regular USB cable to the proprietary cable. None of this makes any sense.

3. For half the cost you can buy products that will perform as well if not better than this product. The current price of $89.95 is absolutely ridiculous to pay for what this product does.

Bottom line: Don't waste your money on this.

GoPro Battery BacPac (Camera Not Included)
GoPro Battery BacPac (Camera Not Included)
Price: $49.99
8 used & new from $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Think carefully whether this is your best option for extra power on the Hero 4 Silver, October 29, 2014
I bought this to use for my new Hero 4 Silver and returned it within a week. Here's why.

1. The Hero 4 Silver comes with a built in touch screen, which is far superior to the stand alone touch screen that I used with my Hero 3 Silver. The BacPac works perfectly with the Hero 4 Silver, but covers the touch screen, which I knew when I bought the BacPac. What I didn't know was how much I would miss the touch screen.

Yes, you can use the GoPro app, but there's still a few second lag between what you see and what the camera sees. Despite GoPro's claim of better connectivity with the Hero 4 Silver, the lag is still annoying.

2. Also, the BacPac provides no more power than a "lipstick charger" power bank (2700mAh)--if even that, which is not enough power if you do a lot of shooting.

3. For a recent 3 hour shooting session--with my camera and touch screen on the whole time--I decided to use a power bank that wasn't too heavy but still had plenty of power (10,000mAh). I bought the GoPro Frame Mount by CamKix so I would have easy access to the USB port on my camera. When my battery level on the GoPro dropped to 2 bars, I just plugged in the power bank, and kept shooting (2 bars was an arbitrary choice. No reason I could not have waited until 1 bar).

I also could have left the power bank connected the entire time because it charges the GoPro battery regardless of whether the battery is fully charged. But it was more convenient for me not to do that.

Unlike the BacPac, which is simply an alternate power source but doesn't charge the battery, the power bank does charge the GoPro battery, and the camera is fully operational while charging takes place (as opposed to when you plug the camera into your computer, and the camera cannot be used). I spent 3 hours of almost nonstop video and photo shooting and never ran out of power--even with my touchscreen and camera on the whole time. At the end of the day I plugged my GoPro into the power bank and had a fully charged GoPro battery when I arrived home.

4. The use of a power bank certainly is not practical for all conditions (e.g. snorkeling and scuba diving, snow and water skiing, swimming in the pool or ocean, etc.) so its usefulness depends on what kind of shooting you are doing. In my case, if I'm doing extended shooting in situation where a power bank is impractical (like filming in a pool), I prefer to rely on multiple batteries rather than a BacPac so I can see my touch screen at all times.

Bottom line: The BacPac does work, but a Hero 4 Silver user has to give up use of the touch screen and rely on the GoPro app. That's not for me.

Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Dual Charger for GoPro HERO4 and GoPro AHDBT-401, AHBBP-401
Offered by Blue Nook
Price: $26.99
2 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my Hero 4 Silver, October 29, 2014
I have been using Wasabi batteries and dual charger for my GoPro Hero 3 Silver for the past year, so as soon as I upgraded to my new Hero 4 Silver buying this product was a no brainer (the Hero 3 batteries don't fit the Hero 4). Here's why I like this.

1. Wasabi is a name well known to GoPro users who want to buy quality batteries and chargers at a fraction of the cost that GoPro charges. In fact the salesperson at my local REI who sold me the Hero 4 Silver made a point of asking me if I knew about Wasabi, which I did.

2. These batteries work fine in my Hero 4 Silver, and the charger is nice and compact (2 1/4" x 1 3/4" x 10/16")--perfect for travel. A 32" mini USB cable is included, but any mini USB cable will work.

3. When the mini USB cable is first plugged in a green LED will briefly flicker to indicate there is power. When charging the batteries there is an LED light that stays red during charging and turns green when charging is completed.

4. Sometimes I keep a power bank attached to my camera, but other times when that's not convenient and I have to go through more than one battery, I just keep a power bank attached to the Wasabi charger. As soon as I deplete one battery, I take a fully charged one from the charger and put the depleted one in its place to be charged. I never run out of fully charged batteries that way.

Bottom line: This is one of the essentials for a Hero 4 user.

Thule Active with Kids Chariot Chinook 2 MultiSport Double Child Carrier Charcoal
Offered by L&L Quality Merchandise
Price: $2,499.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product but shop for price, October 28, 2014
This is an amazing product that I have reviewed in detail on Amazon.

Shop for price to make sure you get the best deal.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2014 10:27 AM PDT

Thule Active with Kids Chariot Chinook 2 MultiSport Double Child Carrier Aqua
Thule Active with Kids Chariot Chinook 2 MultiSport Double Child Carrier Aqua
Offered by L&L Quality Merchandise
Price: $2,499.98

5.0 out of 5 stars First rate stroller, October 28, 2014
This is an amazing stroller that I have reviewed on Amazon. Check out all the different merchants who sell this to get the best price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2014 10:42 AM PDT

Scented, Natural Soy Wax Candles. Burns Clean, Even, and True-To-Scent for Hours. Perfect as a gift, or for your own home. Hand-poured in the USA. "HAPPY HOLIDAYS" themed gift set of 3 different 2 ounce candles. Includes Christmas Tree, Candy Cane, Gingerbread.
Offered by Red Rover Naturals
Price: $25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice candles but pricey, October 28, 2014
I received the Fall Harvest selection at no cost in exchange for writing a review. Here are my comments.

1. These came nicely packaged in sturdy jars that are 2" tall and have a 2"diameter. They would make a nice gift.

2. The fragrance is listed on the bottom of each jar. Cranberry was the most pungent, Pumpkin Spice was more subtle, and Autumn leaves smelled liked an Evergreen tree.

3. These burn nice and clean and fill a room with a pleasant aroma.

4. So why only 4 stars? Because the current price of $25 is much too expensive for this item compared to comparable candles.

Mini Store Haip(TM) Bdhp-002 Twisted Cable Knit Winter Built-in Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Beanie Cap with Music Stereo Speakers and Mic Hands Free Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Forget this, October 27, 2014
I received this at no cost in exchange for writing a review. Don't waste your money on this. Here's why.

1. This simply consists of a small bluetooth speaker at the rear of the hat. That means everyone around you can hear your music, and also that your music won't play in the stereo you get from a pair of earbuds. The music quality of the speaker is not very good. After I paired this with my iPhone 4S, I found that the sound was inferior to just using my phone by itself.

2. Although the speaker is supposed to be removeable so you can wash this hat, I found it very difficult to do so, and gave up trying.

3. Thinking of using this on the ski slopes or for snow boarding? Forget it. The number one precaution listed is to avoid liquids or moisture.

4. The hat itself is made 50% acrylic and 50% polyester and says to hand wash only. It is a nice looking hat and fits comfortably. But you can buy a wool hat that is nicer for much less than the current 45.00 selling price of this product.

5. If you want to listen to music without having a corded headset connected to your phone, there are very compact and realtively inexpensive bluetooth headsets that will easily fit under a winter hat.

Bottom line: Nobody wants to hear the music you are playing, and you won't have a great listening experience with this product. Using this is like holding your phone in back of your head--but the sound quality is not as good. This is not the way to listen to music outdoors, even if you're all alone.

GoPro Case by CamKix for GoPro Hero 1/2/3/3+/4 and Accessories - Ideal for Travel or Home Storage - Complete Protection for Your GoPro Camera - Microfiber Cleaning Cloth Included (Medium,Black)
Offered by ECO-FUSED
Price: $25.99
3 used & new from $23.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for my Hero 4 Silver, October 25, 2014
I bought this case for my Hero 4 Silver and really like it. Here's why.

1. This case is perfect for travel. Closed it measures 9" x 7" x 2.75", which is just right to fit in my backpack or bring to the pool, lake or beach. This is well made and durable, and very lightweight.

2. This fits EVERYTHING (doors, mounts, housing, etc.) that came with my Hero 4 Silver--and I still have plenty of room for extra batteries SD Cards, etc.--even my head strap mount. It's great knowing where everything is and not worrying that I might need something that I left behind.

3. This arrives with none of the cutouts removed, so you can customize this. And if you change your mind later on, you can easily put any of the cutouts back in (just remember to save them).

4. This also comes with two foam inserts, one of which I used to make a tighter fit for my Hero 4 case, plus some anti fog strips. Everything is well padded and protected against drops and bumps, and there is an easy to close thick zipper.

Bottom line: A well thought out and designed case. Just the right size for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20