Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for Steve Charme > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 22086

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steve Charme RSS Feed (central New Jersey)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lifecard - The World's Thinnest Powerbank - Credit Card Size - Carry in Wallet/Purse - Built in Cable - Apple Certified - Brushed Stainless Steel Finish
Offered by Plusus
Price: $59.95
2 used & new from $59.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Designed in a way that makes no practical sense to use and way too pricey., February 9, 2016
I received this at no cost. I definitely don't recommend this. Here's why.

1. This has no on/off button, so I assumed once I plugged it into my iPhone 6, that the unit would turn on and charging would begin. Nope, didn't happen. When I plugged it in to my my phone's Lightning port no charging at all started.

2. This surprised me because I was sure I had fully charged the power bank. I plugged it into a charge source to check the power level, and sure enough four indicator lights came on, showing that the power bank was fully charged. When I unplugged it from the power source the indicator lights stayed on, and on a hunch I plugged it into my iPhone 6. Now charging started.

3. So what does this all mean? You have to turn this power bank on by plugging it into a power source, and only then can you use it to charge your phone. That's kind of pointless because the purpose of this power bank is to charge the phone when there is no power source available. Having to find a power source in order to first turn this on so it is useable, makes no sense.

4. This is being sold on Amazon for prices ranging from $49.99 to $59.99. It appears to be the same product. But even at the lower end this is way overpriced. You can buy small "lipstick" chargers that may not be as thin, but are just as portable, and cost far less. Plus they have more power (2200 mAh) compared to this product (1500 mAh).

5. There is a quality control issue. The protective metal casing on the Lightning head popped off the first time I used this. It landed on my floor, and because it's so tiny, I gave up trying to find it to see if I could put it back on.

6. Finally, if you're thinking of carrying this in your wallet, forget it. This weighs 52g; my American Express card weighs 5g. So this is much too heavy for a wallet.

Bottom line: Designed in a way that makes no practical sense to use and way too pricey.

Cottonelle Clean Care Toilet Paper, Double Roll, 4 Count (Pack of 8)
Cottonelle Clean Care Toilet Paper, Double Roll, 4 Count (Pack of 8)
Price: $22.99
15 used & new from $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product but shop for price., February 8, 2016
I have tried a variety of toilet paper over the years, and found Cottonelle to be the best. It's not too thick or too thin, and wipes effectively.

However, you need to shop for price. I just bought a 45 roll pack at my local Costco on sale for much less than the price on Amazon.

Bottom line: Excellent product but shop for price.

Pard Wireless Bluetooth Bicycle Speaker, Water-Resistant Speakers with Bike Mount, Micro SD Card Slot, Flashlight, Hands-free Function, FM Radio for Traveling Hiking Climbing Camping, Black.
Offered by Pard
Price: $63.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Above average sound with "bells and whistles" that really aren't necessary., February 7, 2016
The seller sent me a coupon code that let me buy this at no cost. Here are my comments.

1. This is one of those items that tries to do a lot of different things besides being a bluetooth speaker.

--there's a flashlight attachment, but it's cumbersome and not as effective as a simple flashlight

--there's an FM antenna that plugs in, and works quite well--but it's much easier to get FM stations using an app on my iPhone

--there's a USB output port that let's this operate as a power bank--but it charges slowly and only at 1A, and it's much simpler to use a compact power bank.

2. So how does it operate as a bluetooth speaker? Pretty good, though while the sound is nice and loud, it sounds no better than speakers costing a fraction of the price. In trying to be lots of different things, in the end this speaker falls a bit short on the sound.

3. However, it does attach well to a bicycle frame, and also can be used as a standalone speaker.

Bottom line: Above average sound with "bells and whistles" that really aren't necessary.

Crazy Cups Caramel Pecan Cluster Flavored Coffee Single serve Cups for Keurig K cup Brewer (66 Count)
Offered by Perfect Samplers
Price: $47.50

3.0 out of 5 stars This has a very weak and tepid taste. Buy something else., February 7, 2016
I received four K-cups of Caramel Pecan Cluster as a sample. Here are my comments.

1. I regularly drink Green Mountain Caramel Vanilla Cream and Southern Pecan, both of which are delicious. By contrast, this product tastes like neither one and has a very weak taste.

2. Initially I tried this using the 10 oz setting on my Keurig, and I could barely taste anything. I then tried the 8 oz setting, which improved the taste, but only a little. If you're used to the taste of Green Mountain coffee, you'll be very disappointed by this.

Bottom Line: This has a very weak and tepid taste. Buy something else.

Alfa Lighting Dc (12v Car) Portable Air Compressor Tire Inflator .Supporting a variety of adapters 4-6 minutes to quickly complete Automotive tire inflator
Offered by ALFA lighting
Price: $35.68

2.0 out of 5 stars This is poorly designed, doesn't work well, and is cheap quality. Buy something else., February 7, 2016
I received this at no cost. I definitely do not recommend this. Here are my comments.

1. I've tested lots of inflators, and this is one of the worst. I'm stunned by the 5 star reviews, so let me be specific.

2. First, this is a product obviously not intended for the USA market. I say that because the entire box, with all kinds of directions, is in Japanese, though there is a typed page of directions that is included. More importantly, the "chuck" on this product--that's the metal part that attaches to your tire--is like no other chuck sold in the USA that I've ever seen. It's supposed to screw onto your tire. While other reviewers claim to have done this successfully, I couldn't do it. But even if it had worked, that's a very inconvenient design compared to the typical inflator chuck that has a simple clip that keeps the inflator attached to the tire.

3. The inflator cord stores easily on the outside. The DC cord that attaches to your cigarette lighter is a whole other matter. It's contained inside a plastic compartment when you open the unit all coiled up. Good luck when you're done using it trying to get it to fit back into the compartment. I couldn't do it.

4. Overall construction has a cheap feel. In addition, although this has a weak LED light, you can't use it at the same time as you are inflating a tire. Huh? Then what good is it, because I have an inflator with such a light that works at the same time as inflation for when it's dark. The directions say it is an emergency light, but I will tell you a simple flashlight is much brighter and more effective.

5. There is no way to set a predetermined air pressure like I can do on the inflator I use (a Cole Hahn). That means you have to watch this carefully so you don't over-inflate.

Bottom line. This is poorly designed, doesn't work well, and is cheap quality. Buy something else.

Cell Phone Car Mount Air Vent - Elegant and Simple Design, Expandable Grip, Premium Quality Universal Car Holder Cradle for Apple, Android, Iphone 6, Plus, 5, 5s, 5c, Note - Best Lifetime Guarantee.
Offered by Cellyline-Store
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This car mount air vent works well, February 6, 2016

1. I've tested lots of car mount air vents. This is one of the more effective ones, even though it costs less than many other ones. The reason is that instead of being made out of plastic, it's made out of hard rubber, which stays attached to the air vent much more securely than plastic.

2. Just push this onto the air vent and sit back for the ride. I used it with an iPhone 6 in a thin case, and this mount didn't budge an inch over a single bump in the road.

Bottom line: This car mount air vent works well

Godeson Tire Pressure Gauge 0-60psi,glow in the Dark, Heavy Duty,professional for Trucks, Motorcycles, Automobiles,glow in the Dark
Offered by Godeson
Price: $39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality tire pressure gauge with a couple of handy bonus items., February 6, 2016

1. This is a well made and accurate tire gauge (I checked it against my other gauges). The diameter is 2 1/2" including the protective rubber coating. No worries about dropping this or rough handling--it's built for rugged used.

2. The tire chuck is each to apply, and you have a 16 1/2" length from the metal crimping on the end of the hose by the gauge, which gives you plenty of flexibility. If you expose the gauge to light, it will glow in the dark like a luminescent watch, and is easily visible in low light. The bleed button for when your tires have too much air is large and easy to use.

3. This comes with four tire caps in case you're missing one, plus a tire tread depth finder. There are directions telling you how to use it.

Bottom line: Quality tire pressure gauge with a couple of handy bonus items.

ZIBOO UNI-T UT-376 Portable Digital Tire Pressure Gauge - With Safety Hammer, LED Flashlight, Seatbelt Cutter
Offered by ZIBOO TOOL
Price: $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very handy tool to keep in your car., February 6, 2016
I received this at no cost. Here are my comments.

1. First impressions count, and this product did not disappoint my first impression that it was a quality product. So let's take a closer look.

2. This come nicely packaged with a clear set of directions. Overall construction is good--this is not some cheap piece of plastic. It uses two AAA batteries, and they were included.

3. This is 6 1/4" long and easily fits into a glove compartment or the side of a car. It has a nice safety hammer tip as well as a seat belt cutter. But unlike some less expensive safety hammers, this also has a bright LED flashlight and a digital tire pressure gauge that gives readings in psi (which I use) as well as bar, kPa2, and kgf/cm2. The tip of the tire gauge is lit.

4. This tool gives the security of having a safety hammer and seat belt cutter on hand (which hopefully I'll never have to use), and provides the convenience of a tire pressure gauge and flashlight, which I use often. The display screen for the tire pressure is large (1 1/4" x 3/4") and has an easy to read backlit display.

Bottom line: This is a very handy tool to keep in your car.

Crazy Cups Frosted Cinnamon Bun Premium Hot Chocolate Hot Cocoa Single Serve Cups for Keurig K Cup Brewer,22 Count
Offered by Perfect Samplers
Price: $16.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastes delicious, but not enough of a frosted cinnamon bun flavor, February 6, 2016
I received four K-cups of the Frosted Cinnamon Bun hot chocolate at no cost. Here are my comments.

This is a good tasting hot chocolate with a taste of frosted cinnamon bun, though it's not as strong as I had hoped it would be. Instead the flavor is fairly subtle, though this is still delicious. But I do agree with another review that it's not a whole lot different than regular hot chocolate.

Love Is My Favorite Thing
Love Is My Favorite Thing
by Emma Chichester Clark
Price: $13.80
50 used & new from $9.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining book for young children with a very positive message about love and families, February 4, 2016
My 5 year old granddaughter and almost 3 year old grandson enjoy this book, which is very well written and beautifully illustrated.

The dog "Plum" says she "loves" doing lots of different things, but sometimes what she "loves" doing gets her into trouble, such as when she plays in a puddle with another dog or accidentally rips open a cushion and sends the feathers inside flying all over the room. In a variety of situations Plum gets scolded, receives a time out, and is sent to bed.

Plum wonders if the family she lives with will still love her despite the trouble she gets into, and discovers the answer is yes. Plum says she will do her best to behave and try to do what she's told, but sometimes she just can't make that happen.

This book is a wonderful way to show small children that being disciplined for misbehaving doesn't mean their families don't love them. It's a very entertaining book as we see all the mischief that Plum gets into, and has a very positive message about love and families.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20