Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Cecile McLorin Salvant $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for Afia > Reviews

Browse

Afia's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3560
Top Reviewer Ranking: 102

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Afia RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Belkin 2.0 USB-C to Mini-B Charge Cable, Works with Google Chromebook Pixel 2, Apple New MacBook and Other USB Type C Compatible Devices  (6-Foot)
Belkin 2.0 USB-C to Mini-B Charge Cable, Works with Google Chromebook Pixel 2, Apple New MacBook and Other USB Type C Compatible Devices (6-Foot)
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting beginnings for movement to new and better standard, August 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Even if one doesn't have the new MacBook, this is a great cable to acquire because it's the new standard. Both Apple and Google are 100% committed to it, and that alone guarantees it will be used even if not necessarily today.

The new MacBook has one port - just for this USB-C, or USB 3.1. My kids will soon need a new set of Chromebooks, and the fact that Google will have USB-C ports makes me think I'll buy Google, but Samsung is also on board. We'll have choices and shouldn't expect to pay more or be painted into a corner just to use this new standard if we're buying a new device.

This is better than USB 3.0 in that it's reversible plus it allows much, much faster rates of data transfer and it can be used to power up laptops even if needed.

The cable is well-made, appears to be another excellent Belkin cable that will last.

Tovolo Collapsible Microwave Cover
Tovolo Collapsible Microwave Cover
Price: $6.99
18 used & new from $5.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for all the right reasons, August 28, 2015
I did a lot of research, an embarrassing amount of time invested, before buying this microwave cover. It's perfect.

The size works for everything we microwave. If the diameter were greater, then the height would have to be greater. That's because instead of standing on top of a full-sized plate it would instead surround it - and thus lose height.

We don't fold and unfold this thing. If we did, I doubt it would last that long. We just leave it fully open all the time so as not to wear the folding joints.

This cover has lots of thin holes to let out steam, and that keeps it from shooting out of place under pressure. The whole thing needs to be washed more often than I expected because it smells of all the food that was warmed up in it.

Now the cover lets out excess steam, but not most of the steam. I noticed that everything warmed up with the cover on comes out moist - a good thing. This is actually an excellent microwave cover.

Inside Out Large Figure, Sadness
Inside Out Large Figure, Sadness
Price: $24.60
11 used & new from $18.97

5.0 out of 5 stars My girls love "Sadness", August 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my girls' second Inside Out doll. Now that they've got a set of two, they're truly interested in the dolls. They had seen the movie and loved it. The movie is good for adults too, I think.

"Sadness" is a fun doll. It's the opposite of every doll they've had. Now they desperately want Disgust, Anger, and Fear. Already they have and like Joy, but it's all the others that really intrigue them.

Suave Professionals Sculpting Gel, Firm Control 7 oz
Suave Professionals Sculpting Gel, Firm Control 7 oz
Price: $2.15
9 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for creating layers, August 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife has thick, shoulder length hair and sometimes she likes to create layers. Layers call for lift and this sculpting gel has worked well. She applied it on damp hair.

I noticed that there was no frizziness or stiffness. The result is very good. Also, the scent isn't overpowering at all.

Wrangler Men's Authentics Short Sleeve Classic Woven Shirt, Biking Red, X-Large
Wrangler Men's Authentics Short Sleeve Classic Woven Shirt, Biking Red, X-Large
Price: $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite yet the XL drapes a whole lot, August 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a super well-constructed shirt! The cotton is smooth and also thick, and the details and stitching are excellent. It's a stylish shirt.

Only issue, and it's a significant issue to me, is the shirt drapes - a lot. I went XL for the shoulders and chest, but the real XL in this shirt is the waist. There's just nowhere for me to put all that extra material. It's a shame because the material is so exquisite.

Tresemme Expert Selection Root Lifting Cream, Max The Volume, 3.4 Ounce
Tresemme Expert Selection Root Lifting Cream, Max The Volume, 3.4 Ounce
Price: $4.54
13 used & new from $4.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong scent but works, August 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the first time I've used a root-lifting cream. I'm impressed that it works as advertised. It truly does make my hair look more voluminous even in the humid climate where I reside.

However, I don't think I'll use it often because the scent is fairly strong and long-lasting. I'm all for unscented products, especially when using for myself.

Real Leaders Don't Follow: Being Extraordinary in the Age of the Entrepreneur
Real Leaders Don't Follow: Being Extraordinary in the Age of the Entrepreneur
by Steve Tobak
Price: $16.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Sincere, genuine and entertaining, August 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got hooked on this book immediately. It was apparent to me that the author delivered his genuine insights that were accumulated over years of business experience. This isn't a textbook. It's an entertaining account of how one business leader's views were shaped by actual experience.

The author has a type of humility that carries through even while supporting his beliefs by highlighting significant projects with which he was involved. There is a total lack of pretense to his voice. His style is neither formal nor informal; it's appropriate for one who openly redirected his clearly successful career because he found that he couldn't do it anymore.

My perception, informed through a lifetime of reading nonfiction, is that this guy has additional high-quality books in his future. I enjoyed the insights and would not hesitate to either read another book or listen to an audiobook by Tobak.

Brookside Dark Chocolate Fruit and Nut Bars, Blueberry with Acai (Pack of 12)
Brookside Dark Chocolate Fruit and Nut Bars, Blueberry with Acai (Pack of 12)
Price: $26.20
3 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love these bars, August 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is not a typical fruit and nut chocolate bar. First, the chocolate is dark chocolate and it tastes better than one normally expects in such a bar. Second, it's packed with blueberries and nuts. You can see this in every bite.

My kids love this, and it's a bit outside of what is normally marketed toward kids. I'm glad they like this as it's a better and healthier alternative to the junk one finds near the register.

I know these bars aren't perfectly healthy. They're quite sweet, especially for me. But my kids love them.

Belkin FormFit Cover / Case for iPad Air (Lavender)
Belkin FormFit Cover / Case for iPad Air (Lavender)
Offered by H&Mdeals
Price: $5.99
13 used & new from $0.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and good for consumption, not production purposes, August 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For the ultra low price this is in my opinion an ok case. It's moderately protective of one's iPad Air. The magnet connection is intuitive and easy to manage.

The case props up in landscape and portrait. It's a good consumption case and a poor production case, meaning it doesn't help if one is typing.

For the simplicity and price, it's good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2015 4:46 PM PDT

Mega Bloks Monster High Monster Moviemobile Building Set
Mega Bloks Monster High Monster Moviemobile Building Set
Price: $29.99
7 used & new from $29.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of style, August 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like many Lego constructions, this one is quite a nice thing to behold once it's put together. I haven't had luck in getting my kids to follow such building instructions and had to participate at team leader.

So unless one's kids are old enough to follow the fabrication instructions, this is just as much a parent's process as a kid's process.

The result is nice. We like the colors and style, and my children enjoy the theme.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20