Profile for Citizen John > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 112

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Citizen John RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Classic Accessories 55-443-011101-11 Atrium Patio Cushions and Furniture Covers Storage Bag, Green
Price: $29.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Thin, thin, far more lightweight than picture suggests, not food for mold, March 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The bag itself weighed a whole lot less than I expected from the picture, making me think a small tear or puncture could easily turn into a very big rip. So take caution based on that!

This bag, because of the way it's shaped and the material is good for storing off-season clothes providing nothing sharp comes near the bag. Sharp objects and this bag cannot go together.

My kids off-season clothes are unlikely to have a mold problem in our humid environment when stored in this bag. The material isn't food to mold, some kind of tough although thin plastic. Seems nearly air-tight - good against mold yet another reason for caution as the bag could burst if placed under pressure.

Akcord® Apple MFi Certified Tangle-Free Flat Lightning to USB Cable (3.3 Feet / 1 Meter) - Black - FREE Bonus eBook Included - Charge and Sync Data Cord for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus / 5S / 5C / 5, iPad Air / iPad Mini 3 / 2 / iPad Mini with Retina display / iPad 4th generation, iPod 5th generation and iPod nano 7th generation - 24-Month Warranty
Offered by Akcord
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Survived extreme conditions, February 27, 2015
For kicks I buried this outside for a week in the wet sand. Still works.

This is the one cable where I can't find a flaw. It's fast. It's durable and can take hardships. It's got a 2-year warranty.

Cable received for review. I tried to destroy it by harsh environment but was unsuccessful.

Ameriwood Hollow Core Contemporary Coffee Table, Medium, Black Ebony Ash
Ameriwood Hollow Core Contemporary Coffee Table, Medium, Black Ebony Ash

4.0 out of 5 stars Very serviceable for those who can use glue and who don't use bleach cleansers, February 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The parts didn't fit very tightly and give me enough confidence in terms of weight load capability as I have kids.

But - I improvised. I've got a big container of Gorilla glue and used this glue to help make the fittings strong. It worked. I recommend this improvisation, and it's not much trouble to do so. But really, I think you've got to use some kind of glue.

Now I used disinfecting wipes to clean it the first time because I got tricked into buying lots of these wipe canisters on sale at the big box. Don't do what I did. The bleach in the disinfecting wipes causes color bleeding. That in turn got me angry but I got over it. Use a mild soap if you use anything other than a wet towel.

The table looks great! It looks so good and it has pleasing dimensions. So use glue and careful how you clean it. Or spend a lot more and get higher quality. That's the tradeoff.

Scotts 71133 Handy Green II Hand-Held Broadcast Spreader
Scotts 71133 Handy Green II Hand-Held Broadcast Spreader
Price: $13.69
45 used & new from $12.76

5.0 out of 5 stars No fun to use, stores so easily, fits my needs as I don't have a big lawn, February 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have small areas of grass so this works for me. If you've got more than 3,000 square feet of grass, you'll find this fatiguing to use and will have to use this spreader in shifts.

I've got over 3,000 square feet of grass but it's all separated in small sections, unlike most homes. I find this spreader ok to use for 1,000 square feet of grass at a time. Take breaks or do sections at different times.

But I am not buying anything else with wheels, that's just me. I've got hanging racks in my garage but they are loaded already. I've got shelves and this sits on a shelf in the garage. For me the priority was storage. If you've got a big lawn, get something on wheels.

Scotts Turf Builder Lawn Food - With HALTS Crabgrass Preventer, 5,000-sq ft (Lawn Fertilizer with Crabgrass Preventer)
Price: $24.99
11 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it say, February 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used this turf product for several seasons. The important thing is to get it spread in early spring because it has pre-emergent crab grass killing agents. This is essential to getting a good lawn, and the bags I get serve 5,000 square feet per bag.

As for fertilizer, it works to get the early greening for grass. After spring I switch to Milorganite and use that several times for the remainder of the grassy season. Milorganite can be used many times but this Scotts is quite effective for the early spring application.

Under the Hood: Fire Up and Fine-Tune Your Employee Culture
Under the Hood: Fire Up and Fine-Tune Your Employee Culture
by Stan Slap
Price: $20.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Look under the hood at your own peril, or don't and see how bad things can really get, February 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What I got out of the book and the stories in it is that nobody wants to open the hood but it's a good starting point.

The reasons for not opening the hood are everything we hear and see in business lit. I didn't discover anything new but the collection of stories and arguments is nicely arranged.

Who goes under the hood, so to speak, of a large organization? It's risky on a personal level for employees anywhere in the org chart. Another way to look at it is if one wants all those hierarchical levels, then the placement of them has to by dynamic in real time. It's expensive and time-consuming to fix under the hood problem is you have to take out the engine to change a headlight.

Coal Wars: The Future of Energy and the Fate of the Planet
Coal Wars: The Future of Energy and the Fate of the Planet
by Richard Martin
Price: $20.52

5.0 out of 5 stars The war we never knew we were in and can't figure out what the bad guys look like, February 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a big Richard Martin fan, as he's made a lot of trends accessible and interesting in his books.

This book has a dramatic title. I didn't get the impression that outside of environmental groups there's a coal war going on. The author showed why Chinese use of coal will remain heavy for the foreseeable. I look around at my 'stuff' and quietly know it was made with coal. And who doesn't like coal miners. Some of my family tree were coal miners.

Martin reveals some trends away from use of lots of coal, whether it's to other energy sources or as a result of increased efficiencies. He doesn't conclude that global climate change will be stopped. It's just that the only reason for optimism is a declining economy which needs to consume less coal, and that's got plenty of downsides.

Cetaphil Baby Wash and Shampoo with Organic Calendula, 7.8 Ounce
Cetaphil Baby Wash and Shampoo with Organic Calendula, 7.8 Ounce
Price: $4.79
3 used & new from $4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and easy to use, February 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a hit with my kids as it's mild and has a good scent. Sometimes life is simpler when one can use a product that's both a body wash and a shampoo, and that's what this is made for.

As shampoos go, it is least likely to make me feel as if I need conditioner after use. It's mild in every sense. Yet a little goes pretty far.

Solid Copper Moscow Mule Siggió Mug - Set of 4 Mugs - 16 Oz Capacity - 100% Pure Copper Barware - Novelty Copper Drinkware Cups for Mules, Beer, Camping, Water - Authentic Moscow Mule Mugs with No Inner Lining or Lacquer Finish and Lifetime Guarantee
Offered by Walsh Fellowes
Price: $109.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid copper, February 24, 2015
This mug has a significant amount of copper, and that makes it highly decorative. It's beautiful and goes with literally any room decor.

I have no intention of using my solid copper mug for beverages. For me it's just a matter of beauty. Copper vessels are objects of art. It's worth having a few objects around just for aesthetic reasons. Not a lot. It's the type of accessory where fewer is usually more.

I love the vibrancy of copper and especially in a vessel shape, and this is an excellent piece.

This artwork was received for review, and it's my honest review - I love it.

Best Sports and Fitness Water Bottle | 18oz | Eco-friendly | Perfect for Running, Gym, Yoga, Tennis, Outdoors | Durable & Impact Resistant | Narrow Mouth, Air Hole for Fast Water Flow | 1-Click Easy Opening | Dust and Leak-proof Design | With Carry Strap | 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Offered by Viitrade
Price: $24.95
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect thin and handsome bottle, February 21, 2015
I love this water bottle. It's a practical size for regular activities and commutes, 18 ounces or a just a little more than that. For camping, a larger one may suffice but this is just right for all or almost all days of the year.

The light gray tones make it attractive and classy enough to place on a conference table at any type of meeting. I think it has a masculine look.

As for the build features, they're what I like: thin enough to fit in any car cup holder or in an outside rucksack pocket; tight well-fitting lid that screws on right; nice spout; handle that's strong and feels good; minimalistic level indicators; and exceptional material. There's no plastic smell or taste to this material. It can take a wide range of hot and cold liquids.

This is a quality item. It's not worth saving a few bucks to get a non-quality water bottle. This should last for many years.

Item received for honest review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20