Profile for Citizen John > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 56

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Citizen John RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
My True Nature Daisy's 2-in-1 Shampoo with body Wash, 8 Fluid Ounce
My True Nature Daisy's 2-in-1 Shampoo with body Wash, 8 Fluid Ounce
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fragrance, November 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a frequent buyer of shampoo/body washes for little ones because I have small twins. This is a real specialized 2-in-1 shampoo because of the ingredients, feel, and scent.

My kids' hair smells fabulous and their skin is easily cleaned when we use this product. I love the fragrance. One has to read the ingredient list to appreciate how special this is. The first ingredient after purified water is aloe barbadensis leaf juice. This is rejuvenating and everybody seems to like it in skin and hair related products. Glycerin is another great skincare ingredient. The tea leaf extracts add lots to the scent. Olive oil is not among the first ingredients in the list and the product does not feel oily.

Oral-B Deep Sweep 5000 Smartseries with Bluetooth Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brush head and power, November 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a powerful toothbrush with a head that is shaped nicely for relatively easy cleaning. The stand is ok with me because I've dropped my old electric toothbrush many times in part due to its small stand. The bluetooth capability looked interesting to me but I decided not to use it.

* The brush is shaped such that one can use small rotations between teeth and then lightly brush each tooth. I like it more than my previous round shaped brush.
* The power is impressive. I like to use this in the dark so I can see the secondary lights go on when I press to hard. It also slows down and makes a different sound when this happens.
* The stand can be used to keep several brushes but it also stabilizes the unit well. I've learned my lesson with minimalist stands, but others may like to separate the larger part of the stand and have the unit take up less surface space.
* The application didn't appeal to me after inspection because it can't capture what is to me the important information, and that is how I am brushing.

Drive By
Drive By
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic, November 16, 2014
This review is from: Drive By (Amazon Instant Video)
This is a surprisingly well-done film that was all made on location in Pilsen and Little Village. The acting was very good, the camera work excellent, and the editing was perfect.

It makes me want to know more about the lives of people in this culture, parts of the vast urban latino areas of Chicago. I like the authenticity and compelling personalities.

Facebook Marketing: A Step by Step Guide to Guaranteed Results (Facebook, Facebook Advertising, Facebook Ads)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading and interesting to me, November 16, 2014
Compared with other how-to books on Facebook marketing, this one is good. There are explanations for how sales campaigns are built, and these explanations definitely helped me learn several things about Facebook marketing.

Facebook marketing is an area where those that got it early succeeded quickly. A lot of people have been attracted to this platform for marketing purposes, and one has to wonder when the space will be quite crowded. For now it must be good, judging by how few quality books exist on the subject.

There are advertisements in the book, more than usual. I received my mobi version as a gift in the hopes that I would review it. Upon reading the book, I actually became interested in the subject of Facebook marketing.

Hercules Universal Heavy Duty Adjustable Metal Bed Frame with Double Rail Center Bar and 7-Locking Rug Rollers, Queen/Twin/Twin X-Large/Full/Full X-Large/King/California King, Black
Price: $58.11
2 used & new from $57.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very strong frame, November 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This bed frame delivers on the representations made in the product description.

* It is heavy for what it looks like in the product photos. Each steel rail is actually thick and heavy.
* Assembly is straightforward; I did it in minutes. I don't think there is anything about assembly that would confuse a twelve-year-old.
* The frame truly can be adjusted to match all the sizes. The adjustments are in two of the rails and easy to use. One can make a change without difficulty at any time.
* The wheels - that's the part that gets attention. They're wide, extra wide. This frame provides a lot of support, probably as much as anybody could require.
* The center rail is indeed wide and it is in my opinion necessary for any bed wider than a twin size.

Radical Possibilities: Public Policy, Urban Education, and A New Social Movement (Critical Social Thought)
by Jean Anyon
Price: $39.85
45 used & new from $33.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Prime reading material for political activists of nearly any stripe, November 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an intellectual book about the failures in education, economics, and politics of the U.S. up until 2013. The late Jean Anyon was an author and a political activist for social justice. This second edition is truly a revised edition compared to the first edition.

The second edition has a completely new introduction and Part I. The remainder of the book reveals updates in these ways: events and other literary works up until 2013 are cited and included in each of the chapters. This book is NOT an anthology although one might get that impression by looking at pages 3 & 4.

The author argues for a more equitable society and makes the case that the many, many people have been made poor as a result of federal policies.

Snowman's Story
Snowman's Story
by Will Hillenbrand
Price: $10.19
27 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Illustrations that tell stories, November 16, 2014
This review is from: Snowman's Story (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My little kids love to "read" this book. Pictures tell the story, and there are no words. The illustrations are attractive and my kids say they love the book.

It was interesting for me to see my kids with this book and their interpretations and embellishments on the story. Great imagination!

Metrokane 9957 Rabbit Adjustable Jigger, Stainless Steel
Metrokane 9957 Rabbit Adjustable Jigger, Stainless Steel
Price: $9.21
2 used & new from $9.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It works. It's odd, November 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This jigger works as is shown in the product photo. I'm not crazy about it but it will do.

It has clear measurements up to 2 shots. One can get those measurements correct.

But the flexible sliding rubber-like bottom is not aesthetic in my opinion. The moving part doesn't agree with my sense of the purpose of a jigger. It adds parts to something that is really simple.

Sony MDRXB950AP/H Extra Bass Smartphone Headset (Silver)
Sony MDRXB950AP/H Extra Bass Smartphone Headset (Silver)
Price: $119.14
4 used & new from $118.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excels in fit and comfort, November 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This headset delivers on what it advertises. It does give extra bass. I tested it against some of my other headphones, and bass was clearly emphasized more with this pair.

I'm not saying the extra bass actually delivers a better overall sound than all my other headsets, although in its price range it does meet that requirement.

Also, this is an unusually comfortable headset. It has so many adjustments that require no thought but work well together. And it's lightweight, feeling very good.

The headset adjustments include the headband, and of course that one does require user selection. The headband is more flexible than other significant headsets, and that's important because I've had them break on me in the past. Also, the cans (the speaker with covering over the ear) adjust in two ways so that they fit very nicely with no user manipulation.

This set is double wired, not single. Single is better. The wires join into one wire after about 16 inches from the respective speakers. The wires are flat, making it easier for this type of use. It's not a big deal that this set has double wires, I think.

Overall, I think the comfort is outstanding especially in the price range. The sound is pretty good and maybe very good if one wants to emphasize bass. I'm not very enthusiastic about the sound overall but I am with regard to the fit and comfort.

Eucerin Baby Cleansing Relief Body Wash, 13.5 Ounce
Eucerin Baby Cleansing Relief Body Wash, 13.5 Ounce
Price: $6.97
11 used & new from $6.74

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the handy skin care items to have around, November 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This body wash lotion really helped my oily skin. Plus it helps against painful areas where lesions develop, so I think it's one of those household items that's always good to have around.

A lot of skin conditions that are eczema get misinterpreted as food allergies, and when that happens one would never know that a lotion like this will help treat the problem. Also, it rinses off nicely without leaving any bothersome residue and smells pleasant.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20