Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for A. Marshall > Reviews

Browse

A. Marshall's Profile

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Marshall "anissam" RSS Feed (Hermitage, TN)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Tricky Twenty-Two: A Romance Mystery (A Stephanie Plum Novel) by Janet Evanovich | Debrief

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT a Janet Evanovich book!!!, April 24, 2016
This is a shockingly awful summary of a Janet Evanovich book with all of the good bits removed. Amazon should NOT have this published as if it was by Janet. Do not waste your money! This chapter summary version is utterly ridiculous. Picture your most awful monotone boring professor ever, reading a Janet Evanovich novel and that's what you have in this book.

Rekucci Women's Ease In To Comfort Boot Cut Pant (4,White)
Rekucci Women's Ease In To Comfort Boot Cut Pant (4,White)
Offered by Rekucci
Price: $29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy in white!, February 4, 2016
The cut / style of these slacks was quite nice. The material however, is far too transparent for work purposes. The only way I would have worn these would be if I had a very long shirt to put on top. Ended up returning them, as there is no way I could have worn them to the office.

Rekucci "Ease In To Comfort Fit" Boot Cut Trouser (size 4, white)
Rekucci "Ease In To Comfort Fit" Boot Cut Trouser (size 4, white)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy in white!, February 4, 2016

Dungeon Hunter 4
Dungeon Hunter 4
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars it's a solid game, June 18, 2014
This review is from: Dungeon Hunter 4 (App)
It's a nice fun game will definitely drop a few bucks into it at later levels. Has a few things though inventory being so small and the potion button being automatic use when you run out of them causing you too accidentally waste gems.

Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4
Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4
Price: $42.11

5.0 out of 5 stars For the everyday photographer who wants to be more than the everyday photographer!, June 20, 2013
Yup, you did it; you bought that big fat ($,$$$) daddy camera. It's got bells and whistles coming out of every corner. There are more buttons than you can shake a stick at. And yet... you only know how ti use it in "Auto" because every time you try to use those handy dandy buttons / features your pictures are terrible. Really, really terrible! STOP! Seriously, stop buy these books and put that camera to good use. Your photographs will get so much better!

I can't say enough how much these books have helped my photography. I have highlights all over my Kindle versions for all types of things that I like to shoot. I just go to the highlight that fits my need and BAM! better pictures!

Some reviewers have mentioned Scott's humor, I for one truly thank him for it. He's corny (totally corny), he's cheesy and yet he's kept a dry and somewhat boring subject fun! Seriously people lighten up! Lets face it there's only so much f5.6, ISO 100, aperture, shutter speed, you can read before you hear Charlie Brown's teachers voice in your head (WAH, WAH, WAH, WAH). The humor to keeps you reading!

If you are like me and you just want to know how to take "X" type of shot or "Y" type of shot without having to understand a bunch of technical lingo these are the books for you. However, when you want to know the theory or understand more about why a photo did or didn't work you can read his concise (and humorous / corny) descriptions to gain the additional technical knowledge.

My only, only negative would be to the publisher... Please for the love of heaven format the book to fit an iOS device! Like chapter headings at the top of the page instead of at the bottom!

Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo series)
Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo series)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, March 13, 2013
I read half of the first chapter thinking I knew what was going to happen... Then WHAM! Plot twist! Wha?!? What just happened. Kept reading... oh yeah now I know what's going to happen, WHAM plot twist!

All I can say is READ THIS BOOK! Seriously, totally fun and great book! I could not put it down. Can't wait to read more!

KitchenAid KICA0WH 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker Stand Mixer Attachment
KitchenAid KICA0WH 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker Stand Mixer Attachment
Price: Click here to see our price
64 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Follow the Directions!!! No, really, really follow the directions!, February 5, 2013
First and foremost it works... IF AND ONLY IF you follow the directions perfectly. Those directions really are very important and if you follow them it will work.

However, if you're like me and you decide to use this for the first time in the middle of a really hot summer right in the middle of an exceptionally warm day (actually, it was a record breaking high) and you just thought those directions could be fudged a wee bit... I mean really what's a couple of hours in the fridge give or take right? What it is, is a sticky, cold mess, bearing no resemblance to ice cream! And hey, if you were like me you had a ravenous teenager behind your left shoulder, spoon in hand offering very unhelpful commentary..., "Gee, Mom are you sure you're doing it right?!" oh, and my personal favorite, "Are you sure you read the directions (as if he ever has a day in his life)?"

Needless to say my first go round with this bad boy was a failure on an EPIC scale that resulted in a drive to the local Dairy Queen. Lesson learned.

Over the next few attempts I discovered a few very helpful lessons which I hope will help the rest of you avoid my catastrophe:
1. Do yourself a favor read the directions and follow them precisely.
2. I generally keep my fridge in the middle to high setting as we often have a bunch of fruit and veg in there but when I'm on an ice cream making bender I drop the fridge and freezer to the lowest settings for one to two days. Usually, I drop the temp one day before I start so it's good and cold before I get started.
3. Start making the ice cream during the coolest part of the day. In my neck of the woods that's usually, early morning.
4. Keep everything in the fridge when not in use during the process. Yup, everything! I stick utensils bowls of fruit, ingredients, everything in the fridge until it's time to add some more, mix, what have you.
5. Work quickly!

Now you're probably scratching your head, "Why go to that all of that trouble for ice cream available in every grocery store across the country and most of the world for that matter?"

Because DANG it's worth it!!! I splurge when I make ice cream, I mean if you're going to go to all of this trouble you might as well use the best quality and most sinful ingredients that you can find! One mouthful and you won't regret it!

KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer, Metallic Chrome
KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer, Metallic Chrome
14 used & new from $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 5, 2013
How did I live without my KitchenAid? I purchased this mixer 2+ years ago and it still works exactly as it did the day I bought it. I read other reviews mentioning oil dripping problems when I was considering the purchase and was a bit concerned. I've kept an eye out for that problem and to date have never experienced the issue.

I use it to make marshmallows, tamales, breads, cookies, ice cream (with the separate base) you name it I've probably used the mixer for it and to date I've never had even the slightest issue.

If you don't have one you just don't know what you're missing out on!

Norpro 18 Inch Aluminum Magnetic Knife Bar
Norpro 18 Inch Aluminum Magnetic Knife Bar
Offered by Kitchen Outfitters Inc.
Price: $15.92
16 used & new from $15.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Except the screws... Oh, and lack of directions..., February 5, 2013
On first opening the package and removing the contents I kept looking for directions. Search inside the box, search the text on the box, search the parts, search inside the bar. Yup, no directions. It only took a minute to figure out how it went up but I admit I was a bit surprised at no directions whatsoever.

The only real problem that I had with the installation are the screws. Do yourself a favor and use different screws. A few other reviewers had noted that the screws are of cheap quality. Wish to heaven I'd paid more attention to that because as I was finishing up the first screw I thought one or two more turns and done... *PLINK*. "PLINK" being the sound that the top of the screw made as it flew off and popped against a nearby wall. Now how in heaven you get a screw with no top out of good sturdy wood I have yet to figure out. Thirty+ minutes of using up all of the Googled advice I could get my hands on and that screw didn't budge an inch <SIGH>.

However, I was undeterred, that bad boy was going up now, no matter what! I went through my tool kit found the same size screws and put them just slightly under where the first headless screw was. The great news is the bar is sufficiently wide enough to hide the headless fellow and went up in no time flat.

Note: the ends of the product are made of plastic and popoff to allow you to place them. Once they are in place and assembled though you really can't tell and it seems to be of durable quality plastic.

The great news once it's installed it works like a dream and looks really nice. The magnets are super sturdy I have seven heavy knives lined up with no problems. Even with all seven on it takes a bit of effort to remove the knife from the magnets pull. They don't slip or slide without some pretty decent pressure.

Long story short despite the screws I'm very happy with the purchase!

Laudemio Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Laudemio Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Offered by We Are Gourmet Foods
Price: $35.00
2 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, February 5, 2013
What can I say? The proof is in the flavor, and the flavor is incredible. If you love your EVOO and want a little foodie splurge this is well worth every single penny!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4