Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for PG > Reviews

Browse

PG's Profile

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PG RSS Feed (East Coast)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Household Essentials CedarFresh Boot Shapers, 2 pairs
Household Essentials CedarFresh Boot Shapers, 2 pairs
Price: $6.98
6 used & new from $6.98

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST A QUICK REVIEW with the bottom line., February 1, 2016
I don't know why I didn't get these sooner. My boots folded in half leaving a crease and taking up valuable closet space. Now they stand up perfectly straight for as cheap a price as you're going to find. Each "shaper" has 2 sets of perforations but I went ahead and left them as they are. So what if they stick up a little above the boot height. I preferred to leave them in tact. Also want to point out that they can't be hung. They'll pull out. Regardless they still save room and keep my boots upright and crease free.

Blueberry Oxygen Facial Scrub - Loaded with Antioxidants for Facial Rejuvenation - Best Facial Scrub and Exfoliator for Skin Renewal and Anti-Aging - Expert Blend with Organic Ingredients
Offered by Pure Body Naturals®
Price: $49.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Jar of drying aloe vera with a packet of blueberry kool-aide., January 31, 2016
I can't believe all the glowing reviews on this stuff. It feels to me like a jar of jello-y aloe vera which is a cheap ingredient that is actually drying to the skin. It smells like what blueberry Kool-Aid might smell like after it's been sitting in the refrigerator for 6 months and it feels like slime when you rinse it off. It was a waste of money. At $20, I'll bet this company is making $19 per jar.

6.5 Inch Gray Elephants Mother and Child Playing with Trunks Figurine
6.5 Inch Gray Elephants Mother and Child Playing with Trunks Figurine
Offered by Aint it Nice
Price: $16.98
9 used & new from $16.98

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY Nicely Done. What a Deal., October 3, 2015
The quality and workmanship of this statue far exceeded my exceptions. Back in June I purchased a large eagle statue for my husband's birthday that cost over $100 and it isn't as nicely done as these elephants. If you love elephants you will not be disappointed. This is a beautiful piece with nice detail at a price that can't be beat. I couldn't be happier.

Aussie  Total Miracle Collection 7N1 Dry Shampoo, 4.9 Fluid Ounce
Aussie Total Miracle Collection 7N1 Dry Shampoo, 4.9 Fluid Ounce
Price: $3.47
13 used & new from $3.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Picture sticky hairspray mixed with white talcum powder and your grandmothers perfume., July 10, 2015
If you can picture hair spray mixed with white talcum powder and your grandmothers perfume then you'll know what you are getting with this. This stuff not only stripped the shine right out of my hair but it made my hair sticky and prematurely gray looking. The point of the stuff for me was to give my hair a quick "pick-me-up" so I could, for example, run to the store real quick one morning without washing my hair before leaving. It actually did the opposite by forcing me to wash my hair after application. The smell alone was enough that I would not have gone out in public but the tacky white film it sprayed on my hair topped the cake. Take my word for it...you'll want to pass on this one ladies.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2015 6:06 AM PDT

Hentex Durable 48-Inch Grill Cover, Waterproof, UV Protection, Cold-resistant, Scratch-free Soft interior, advanced functional 3-layered fabric, 3 Year Warranty (48'')
Offered by Hentex
Price: $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a grill cover to fit our 48"W grill., May 22, 2015
For $23 you really can't go wrong with this grill cover. First of all, we were just happy to find a grill cover that would fit our 48" grill. For the last 2 seasons we have looked at Lowes, Home Depot and even Amazon without any luck. It wasn't until this season (Spring 2015) that Amazon offered one in the size we needed. There were plenty of 44"W and 58"W but nothing in between so we were glad to find this one.

We haven't had it on the grill long enough to rate material longevity but judging from the fabric it should last a good 3 years of east coast winter snow and summer heat. It's definitely a step (or three) above those thin green vinyl covers...it's thicker and has what looks like fibers running through it....kind of like soft duck tape. The backing is a smooth white layer of a thin 'felt like' material so it doesn't scratch your grill. The bottom has a draw string to keep a gust of wind from blowing up under it and blowing off your grill. Our grill is 48" and this cover is listed as 48" and even though the size is exact it fit perfectly.

We are using this grill cover for our lake house grill. The Weber grill cover we use at home/home is like a silk polyester fabric that set us back $50.00. This $23 cover is ideal for something in between those green vinyl covers and the Weber cover.

I posted a few pictures of it right out of the box and onto the grill.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Wacoal Women's Plus-Size Fine Form Full Busted Underwire Bra, Naturally Nude, 38DDD

5.0 out of 5 stars I FINALLY found my new bra., May 12, 2015
I almost felt guilty for the number of bras I bought and returned to Amazon using their free returns program but my determination to find the perfect bra finally paid off.

I've been wearing the same Playtex style bra for several years now but it was no longer giving me the support that I needed so it was time for a change. If you are large busted you know finding a bra that does everything you want it to do AND be reasonably comfortable throughout the day is not easy. This bra checked almost all the boxes for me...quality, comfort, great lift, supportive (no jiggling at cleavage, no bounce when I walk), fabric that doesn't irritate (scratchy lace around the under wire is just the worst!), somewhat pretty, natural shape (no side boob, not overly pointy, not perfectly round), full coverage but not overly so (can still wear lower cut shirts), back fat control, stays in place and all without being big and bulky. The only things it doesn't have on my list of criteria is headlight coverage. As important is that is to me I couldn't let it be a deal breaker since it was perfect in all other ways.

I first bought this bra in my normal size (36G aka 36DDDD) but the band was much too tight so I reordered one band size up, one cup size down (38DDD) (sister sizing I think that's called) and it worked out perfectly for me. Even with going up a band size I still have to use the first set of hooks but I believe that is how a bra is designed to work (first hooks first, then as the bras elastic band stretches out over time you use the center set of clips then onto the 3rd set of clips then after that you know it's time for a new bra). The first time I wore it I got a little nervous because after a few hours I felt like it was cutting into me but I didn't give up on this bra and the problem resolved itself after a second wear (3rd times a charm-although I am ready to take it off at the end of the day).

Every bra fits every set of boobs differently (I guess that accounts for why the same bra can get both five star AND one star rating). After over a dozen or so tries this bra is the bra for me (short of having a custom bra made) and I hope works out for you just as well. If not, keep trying. Of the multiple bras I ordered I found this brand (Wacoal) to be among the best quality and it really seems like they try hard to resolve boob issues. On a final note, this bra is twice the price of what I was paying for my Playtex bras but I found out you get what you pay for.....it's twice in quality & design. My boobs haven't looked this good in a sweater in years.

Good luck ladies.

Beautyrest Recharge World Class Manorville Extra Firm Mattress, Queen
Beautyrest Recharge World Class Manorville Extra Firm Mattress, Queen

1.0 out of 5 stars KEEP LOOKING. YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY WITHIN 6 MONTHS., May 10, 2015
I selected this mattress under the product warranty to replace the Beautyrest Worldclass mattress that collapsed before the end of the first year. This replacement mattress it now doing the same thing. If I had written my review when I first received this mattress I would have raved about it like the other reviews written during the first month. I'd like to see what those same people have to say now. If you are dead set on purchasing this mattress READ THE WARRANTY. The body impression needs to be 1-1/2" deep WITHOUT APPLIED PRESSURE before they will consider replacing it. Do you realize how deep that is without applied pressure? To measure they put a string across the mattress and the sink hole needs to measure 1-1/2" below the string. If it's 1-1/2" without lying on it, imagine how deep it actually is when you do lie on it. Your bed also needs to have 6 support slates that run under the box spring or you're outta luck. They take a picture of it to send in with the claim.
There can also be no stains on the mattress or it's a no go so buy yourself a waterproof mattress cover now. Accidents happen. (When you put the mattress cover on you lose the "cooling technology".) If you're lucky enough to meet the fine print replacement standards, you still have to pay for shipping and purchase a matching box spring. If you want to read about my nightmare in detail, click to read my other reviews. And for the record neither my husband nor I are grossly overweight. So, if this is the mattress you purchase and you weigh more than 165 lbs. & 185 lbs you're looking at big time back problems every morning, a year from now. I am so done with Simmons.

With all this said, you don't have to take my word for it. Here is the link to 289 reviews with an average rating of....wait for it....wait for it....1.2 stars out of 5. All with the same sagging problem. I don't know how this company stays in business. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/furniture/simmons.html

Sitram A01685 Speedo Pressure Cooker with Timer, 8-1/2-quart, Black
Sitram A01685 Speedo Pressure Cooker with Timer, 8-1/2-quart, Black
Price: $178.26
4 used & new from $172.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Pressure Cooker, third times a charm., January 18, 2015
This is a quality pressure cooker. I researched Pressure Cookers to death (after purchasing two duds) and this is the one I chose. It is made in France (Not China!) which is one of the things I learned to look for. (France is where the pressure cooker originated.) It is also the one that Iron Chef, Bobby Flay uses on the show Beat Bobby Flay. I also came across a Youtube video of him using it. (video titled: "Bobby Flay for OpenSky - Bobby's Go-To Pressure Cooker" in case link doesn't work). It was just a total coincidence that I came across the video when looking for pressure cooker instructions on YouTube. The video will also show you how it opens and closes which is unique and a lot more convenient than other pressure cookers....no lining up the groves...you just twist 1/4 turn to clamp shut and to open back up. Another feature on this one is the pressure knob stays on. It is not a separate piece.

Before ordering this stove top style I ordered two different plug in pressure cookers that had electronic control panels. Both had issues after just a few uses. I was able to return one but the other I am stuck with. This stove top style has no electronic malfunctioning to worry about. I wish I had done my research prior to buying those and gone this route to begin with. Stove Top models also come to pressure MUCH faster. My pressure cooker arrived in perfect condition and seals perfectly. I love my Sitram pressure cooker. I got lucky and paid under $100 for it on Amazon Prime. Right place, right time.

The only negatives I can come up with are 1. the users manual is written in European lingo so it takes a minute to convert what is being said. On the up side, it contains a few recipes to get you started. 2. I wish it came with an extra silicone seal. The rubber silicone seal is said to last 3-5 years depending on amount of use but it would be nice to have an extra on hand when that time comes. I may just purchase an extra in case it is no longer available in 3-5 years.

A few tips: 1. Get an 8 qt size (like this one), not a 6 qt because you can only fill it 2/3 full. This way there will be no worries about fit if you want a few slabs or ribs, a larger size roast or a whole chicken. 2. Purchase Stainless Steal, not aluminum. It costs a little more but will stand the test of time without warping or staining. 3. When storing do not leave the lid in the clamped position. This way the rubber seal won't warp and you will get a lot more life out of it. 4. If you are looking for a few great pressure cooker cookbooks I highly recommend Bob Wardens, Great Food Fast and Slow Food Fast. They are written for the plug in style pressure cookers but can EASILY be converted to stove top because the cooking time is the same.

How to use: Turn stove on high until it comes to pressure (you'll know it's to pressure when steam comes out of BLACK KNOB on lid---not the hole where steam comes out first). You then turn stove down to medium/low and cook for however long the recipe calls for. That is it. The food comes out so moist and flavorful you won't believe it. That is why I keep trying to find the perfect pressure cooker after two fails. Third times a charm.

Outward Hound Kyjen  31013 Squeakin' Animals Hide-A-Bird Replacement Dog Toys Squeak Toys 3-Pack, Large, Multicolor.
Outward Hound Kyjen 31013 Squeakin' Animals Hide-A-Bird Replacement Dog Toys Squeak Toys 3-Pack, Large, Multicolor.
Price: $7.59
16 used & new from $4.81

1.0 out of 5 stars These birds do not compare in durability to the squirrels., November 19, 2014
I bought the large Kyjen squirrels w/house. My Dachshund played with them every single day for 3 months. In fact she was obsessed with the game of getting them out of the house then making them squeak for dear life. The house and squirrels are all still in one piece but only one squirrel still has a working squeaker. So, I thought I would replace the squirrels with these inexpensive birds. Every one of them were torn to shreds in less than 30 minutes! These replacements are a big disappointment. Get the squirrels.

Bali Women's Satin Tracings Minimizer Underwire Bra, White, 36DD
Bali Women's Satin Tracings Minimizer Underwire Bra, White, 36DD
Price: $19.35
26 used & new from $17.35

3.0 out of 5 stars Most supportive, uplifting bra on the planet but uncomfortable, October 4, 2014
If you want a bra that is going to lift up and strap down those Double D's so they don't budge, this is the bra for you. I'm a 36DD but could have used a 36DDD in this bra. The cup fabric has zero stretch to it which may account for the size difference. The 36DD has 4 hooks in the back. There is very little shoulder strap adjustment available so even on the longest adjustment your puppies will be back where they were when you were 18. I have tried on countless full figure bras recently and while I still like my Playtex Secrets #4415 for a lift & comfort, this bra is the bra of choice if i want absolutely no movement which the Playtex doesn't give me. I gave it 3 stars because it runs a small & it's not the most comfortable bra.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5