Profile for PG > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PG RSS Feed (East Coast)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Beautyrest Recharge World Class Manorville Luxury Firm Pillow Top Mattress Set, Queen
Price: $1,149.00
2 used & new from $1,149.00

1.0 out of 5 stars KEEP LOOKING. You will not be a happy camper before the end of the first year., August 6, 2014
I selected this mattress under the product warranty to replace the Beautyrest Worldclass mattress that collapsed before the end of the first year. This replacement mattress it now doing the same thing. If I had written my review when I first received this mattress I would have raved about it like the other reviews written during the first month. I'd like to see what those same people have to say now. If you are dead set on purchasing this mattress READ THE WARRANTY. The body impression needs to be 1-1/2" deep WITHOUT APPLIED PRESSURE before they will consider replacing it. Do you realize how deep that is without applied pressure? To measure they put a string across the mattress and the sink hole needs to measure 1-1/2" below the string. If it's 1-1/2" without lying on it, imagine how deep it actually is when you do lie on it. Your bed also needs to have 6 support slates that run under the box spring or you're outta luck. They take a picture of it to send in with the claim.
There can also be no stains on the mattress or it's a no go so buy yourself a waterproof mattress cover now. Accidents happen. (When you put the mattress cover on you lose the "cooling technology".) If you're lucky enough to meet the fine print replacement standards, you still have to pay for shipping and purchase a matching box spring. If you want to read about my nightmare in detail, click to read my other reviews. And for the record neither my husband nor I are grossly overweight. So, if this is the mattress you purchase and you weigh more than 165 lbs. you're looking at big time back problems every morning, a year from now. I am so done with Simmons.

Hamilton Beach 7 Quart Stay Or Go Slow Cooker
Hamilton Beach 7 Quart Stay Or Go Slow Cooker
Price: $39.49
19 used & new from $35.54

4.0 out of 5 stars The 2 things that are wrong with this slow cooker., May 13, 2014
When I read the reviews on this slow cooker the two cons I saw repeated the most were (1) steam burns your hand when you open the lid (there is no way around it) (2) it runs too hot even on the lowest setting (liquid actually boils). Both are true so if you think those things would be bothersome then I would pass on this particular slow cooker. There is a work-around on the higher cooking temp: I cooked short ribs for 6 hours instead of 8 hours and they came out perfect.

I like the hard to find XL size (although some reviews say it is actually 6 qt, not 7 qt.), the clamp down lid, the fold down handles and the look. I also like that it has a knob rather than electronic panel. I just don't know if these things outweigh the two major design flaws. I am still on the fence about whether to keep it or return it.

I gave it 4 stars since there is no way to give 3-1/2 stars.

Lightinthebox® Deck Mount Modern Single Handle Widespread Waterfall Bathroom Vessel Sink LED Faucet Chrome Bath Tub Mixer Taps Bathtub Faucets Cheap Discount Unique Designer Plumbing Fixtures Single Hole Direct Roman Vanity Glacier Bay Faucets
Offered by yodel from swiss
Price: $45.00
6 used & new from $45.00

1.0 out of 5 stars WHY WHY WHY did I buy this thing after reading the reviews?, May 2, 2014
This is my first ONE STAR rating, ever. After reading the reviews I chose only to believe the positive ones. That's how bad I wanted this faucet. The video a buyer posted with their review drew me in even more. I was even willing to overlook the fact that the fittings it comes with wouldn't work (which they didn't) as so many mentioned in their reviews. We solved this problem with a trip to the hardware store. That was the easy part!

What I wasn't prepared for was that the sink hole opening required for this to fit would be too small. The description reads that you need 1/2" opening. What you really need is a 1-1/2" opening. Our opening was 1-1/4". I should have returned it right there and then but noooooo, I had my husband chip away at the porcelain until it fit. Once we made the connector fit and the opening fit, it was time to hook it up and see the pretty lights when the water was turned on. Ready...Set... Nothing. EXCEPT THE LOUDEST FAUCET I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE! So, not only no lights to see but you need earplugs not to hear. Why has no one mentioned how freakin loud this thing is? I am not exaggerating when I say it can be heard throughout the house even when the door is shut!

I have learned the following lesson the hard way. No matter how cool something is, no matter how much I "have to have it", I will listen to the reviews that tell me in so many words to run for my life and never look back.

Rain and Thunder Meditation
Rain and Thunder Meditation
Price: $1.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Crack Snapple Pop, April 9, 2014
There is a click/snap noise in a couple of places during this recording that's bothersome when you're trying to relax. It's not the rain, it's a recording glitch; you even hear the volume change after the sound. If you can get past that don't worry some of the thunder clashes are so loud it will jolt you right out of relaxed state.

QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2014
QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2014
Price: $292.99
23 used & new from $284.99

2.0 out of 5 stars QB NOW (2014) CHARGES $2.14 PER PAYCHECK UNLESS YOU GET DOWNLOAD FROM THEM DIRECTLY., March 7, 2014
BEWARE! THE LOWER PRICE HERE (-VS- BUYING DIRECT FROM QB) IS A TRICK!

Let me start off by saying I have been a big fan of QB since 2005...it just doesn't get much easier for someone with little accounting knowledge. That's the reason for two stars instead of one in my rating. I should also say that it's not Amazon's fault for trying to save small businesses money. I'm sure they are unaware of what QB now does.

I order QB Payroll from Amazon every year to save close to $300 over QB direct prices. I ordered PR this year like any other year then found out since I didn't order it through them I will be charged $2.14 per paycheck. For 6 employees that comes to $667.68 per year in addition to the cost of my Amazon PR purchase. I paid $200 for PR on Amazon but with the $667.68 in paycheck charges that comes to $867.68 per year. If I had order PR through QB the cost is $476.00. I feel like I am being tricked & punished for purchasing PR from Amazon instead of them. Bottom line is QB found a way to get their money from its users either way. So why do they bother to sell it retail? Why not make everybody just go through them? I'll tell you why. They still want to get their product out their on shelves & the internet because that's the way they get their customers (in this case victims).

QUICKBOOKS: There are other ways of making money rather than using GREED tactics. You can make your money by offering a quality product and keep the respect of your customers. Your reputation has been tarnished as far as I'm concerned and I was one of your biggest spokespersons. I certainly can't be the only who feels this way. Greed will ruin you. Don't become the next AOL (who nobody uses anymore as soon as other choices became available).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2014 6:41 PM PDT

Woodstock Percussion ZENERGY Zenergy Chime - Solo Percussion Instrument
Woodstock Percussion ZENERGY Zenergy Chime - Solo Percussion Instrument
Price: $12.72
15 used & new from $7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoga Daughters Favorite Christmas Gift, December 29, 2013
Out of all the gifts we gave our youngest daughter for Christmas this was her favorite. It was the first gift I bought and the least expensive. She is a new Yoga instructor and said it will be perfect for Yoga Nidra (awaking students from yogi-sleep) at the end of class. It has a high pitch ring that lasts quite a while when tapped gently. It's a pretty nice quality item for the price and I'm glad I bought it.

Optimus U-32030 3.5 Gallon Warm Mist Humidifier with Wicking Vapor System
Optimus U-32030 3.5 Gallon Warm Mist Humidifier with Wicking Vapor System
2 used & new from $58.83

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good. Whisper Quiet. Sleeves ARE available., October 11, 2013
I want to start out by saying replacement sleeves ARE available right here on Amazon. When I ordered this unit I ordered a 3 pack to have on hand. The unit comes with one sleeve.

A lot of thought went into the design of this humidifier. It's pretty compact for a high capacity, 3.5 gal unit and it's very easy to use. They even put handles, not just on the top of the tanks, but on the bottom of the tanks to make it easy to hold while filling with water and flipping back over when you're finished filling. The sleeves that go over the heating element to keep mineral build up off the element itself is brilliant. No more scrapping! The fabric sleeves can also be washed for use again and again.

I wanted a warm mist humidifier since we only use during the winter months. My thinking was warm mist would keep the heated air warm whereas cool mist would have a constant flow of cold air blowing into the room which seemed counterproductive.

I am extremely impressed with the whisper quiet operation of this humidifier! It can hardly be heard at all and the fabric sleeve keeps it from gurgling.

I am also impressed with the amount of steam that pours out of it. It uses one tank of water at a time so don't expect to see the water go down in both tanks simultaneously. It switches to the other tank automatically once the first tank is empty.

Finally, I think the price is quite reasonable compared to other warm mist humidifiers; even with ongoing sleeve purchases. I would rather pay for sleeves than to have to scrape the element which makes it worth it to me.

We have not used it for an entire season yet, in fact, we are early on in it's use so I will update this review when we have had a longer history with it. It is for the great room at our cabin where we have electric heat and a fire burning most of the winter.

UPDATE: I have decided to scrape the element after each use. You will see white deposits on the metal element even with use of the sleeve. Build-up comes off fairly easy by letting it cool down then scraping both sides with a knife. We have not had a problem but I want to eliminate the possibility that the plastic will melt around the element like some of the other reviewers have experienced. Better safe than sorry.

David King & Co. Extra Large Multi Pocket Duffel, Black, One Size
David King & Co. Extra Large Multi Pocket Duffel, Black, One Size
Price: $126.99
8 used & new from $126.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft Leather. Large Size. Light Weight. Great Price., August 22, 2013
I am thrilled with this purchase. I was a little nervous as to what the quality of the leather would be at this price point but was pleasantly surprised that it is soft and smooth. And the size...let me tell you...I searched high and low for an extra large leather duffle bag that was truly extra large, not just called extra large. Well, not only was this one of the largest leather duffle I found but it also happen to be at one of the best prices. Now, that's something that doesn't happen everyday, not to me anyway.

Something else I am a fan of is the zippered side pockets on each end of the bag. They aren't so wide that it takes away from the width of the clothes compartment...yet they are big enough for a pair of shoes (or whatever else you want off to the side). With this duffle I can fit two pairs of jeans side by side in the main compartment without them overlapping. Other duffles may be the same exact overall width of this one but the side pockets are so wide you end up getting less room in the main compartment so you wouldn't actually be able to put two pairs of pants or two sweaters side by side. Hope that makes sense. To give you an idea of size, it can fit 5 pairs of jeans & a pair of pajama's stacked up on one side and 5 heavy shirts/sweaters & underwear on the other, plus a hoodie on top (and it's still not jammed pack to the point that you have to force the zipper to close.) toiletries in one side pocket and a pair of shoes in the other side pocket.

This bag isn't firmly constructed to stand up on it's own, unless it's full of course. The inside is fully lined but there is no heavy cardboard in between the lining and the leather. So, when it's empty it folds down (collapses) on it's own. I'm sure this is one of the reasons it is priced so reasonably and accounts for it's light weight. It actually doesn't bother me as it saves room in my closet and doesn't add extra weight when the bag is full.

Two final things I want to mention are, I have found that duffle's that open like this one (with a u-shaped flap) are much easier to get into than those that just have a zipper that goes straight across the top. Second, the shoulder strap does not clip on & off, it needs to be buckled on both sides like a belt. Not sure why they went that way. (I don't use the shoulder strap anyway.)

As long as you aren't expecting the quality of a hand crafted Italian Leather Duffel Bag for this price I think you'll be happy. Amazon had the best price on this bag at the time of my purchase. Shipping was also free. I love Amazon.

P.S. I got it in the black. It arrived so fast I couldn't believe it....I'm talking 2 days.

UPDATE: Still loving this bag and use it often but wanted to say the velcro they used on the leather piece that keeps the handles together is way too strong. Opening the handles has started to cause the velcro itself to pull away from the leather peice it's sewn to. A lighter duty velcro would have kept the handles together just fine and would have avoided this problem. Hopefully some E6000 will keep the sections bonded.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2013 10:20 AM PST

MUVAZI Anti Aging Skin Care Set with Oat Beta Glucan
MUVAZI Anti Aging Skin Care Set with Oat Beta Glucan
Offered by Natural Anti Aging Skin Care
Price: $59.95
2 used & new from $59.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Something doesn't seem legit about these reviews, August 3, 2013
I almost always read customer reviews before purchasing a new product so I especially appreciate Amazon for their review program. I was in the market for a skin care set when I came across this one. Wow, I thought, 40 ratings, all 5 stars!, this must be some seriously amazing stuff! THEN I realized almost none of the reviews were marked "Amazon Verified Purchase" AND **they were all made within a few days of one another** AND this skin care set was the only review almost all 40 reviewers have ever made on Amazon. You draw your on conclusion but it appears reviewers were asked by the skin care company to post a glowing, 5 star review. If this is the case it defeats the entire purpose of Amazon's review program making it pretty much worthless to potential customers who count on honest reviews before making a purchase.

Sorry but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth so I felt compelled to bring it to the attention of the unaware before they depart with their hard earned money like I almost did.

UPDATE: Well Folks, I don't know how they did it but overnight MUVAZI somehow managed to go from 3 helpful votes to 72 helpful votes on the top review and added several unhelpful votes to my review in order to bump it off the first page. The owner then contacted me and accused me voting 'unhelpful' on all their glowing reviews(the very thing they did). I guess they can't believe others aren't falling for the over-the-top reviews for their product. They also posted my full name and address on a public comment to my review which I have reported to Amazon. [Amazon has since removed for a violation] I have also received harassing emails on a daily basis from not only the owner of MUVAZI but her sister. Further yet, they wrote numerous (20 or more) childish, untrue comments in the comment section of my review which I would not respond top so they would delete their comment and write another. This went on for weeks. Mavazi is probably the most unprofessional company I have come across here on Amazon.
Comment Comments (38) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2013 10:29 AM PDT

8mm Round Aquamarine Cz - Pack Of 1
8mm Round Aquamarine Cz - Pack Of 1
Offered by Wire-Sculpture
Price: $4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars 8mm Stone is GEORGEOUS, July 22, 2013
I had this beautiful stone mounted in a 3-stone ring setting that I had in my jewelry box and it looks amazing. The stone is actually a little lighter than the sellers picture but I actually prefer it that way. Since it's a CZ it throws out all the flashes of color and fire that a clear CZ does. I am very pleased with the stone, especially for under $10 (including shipping). Even the jeweler said it was a beautiful stone.

I have posted some pictures of my 3-stone ring with this 8mm Aquamarine CZ in the center. One is in indoor light, one is in natural light. UPDATE: It doesn't look like Amazon shows customer photos anymore. You might be able to see it if you click my user name (PG).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4