Profile for PG > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PG RSS Feed (East Coast)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Hentex Durable 48-Inch Grill Cover, Waterproof, Sunblock, Cold-resistant, Scratch-free Soft interior, advanced functional three-layered fabric, 3 Years Warranty (48'')
Offered by Hentex
Price: $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a grill cover to fit our 48"W grill., May 22, 2015
For $23 you really can't go wrong with this grill cover. First of all, we were just happy to find a grill cover that would fit our 48" grill. For the last 2 seasons we have looked at Lowes, Home Depot and even Amazon without any luck. It wasn't until this season (Spring 2015) that Amazon offered one in the size we needed. There were plenty of 44"W and 58"W but nothing in between so we were glad to find this one. (We did try a 58" cover but even though it was only 10" wider than our grill it see waaay to big. It would have been just a matter of time before the wind blew it off.)

We haven't had it on the grill long enough to rate material longevity but judging from the fabric it should last 3 years of east coast winter snow and summer heat. It's a step about those thin green vinyl covers...it's thicker and has what looks like fibers running through it....kind of like flexible duck tape. The backing is a smooth white layer of a thin 'felt like' material so it doesn't scratch your grill. The bottom has a draw string to keep a gust of wind from blowing up under it and blowing off your grill. Our grill is 48" and this cover is listed as 48" and even though the size is exact it fit perfectly.

We are using this gill cover for our lake house grill. The Weber grill cover we use at home/home is more of a canvas cover with a rubber backing. We paid $50.00 for it though. This $23 cover is ideal of something in between those green vinyl covers and the canvas cover.

I posted a few pictures of it right out of the box and onto the grill.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Simmons BeautyRest Recharge World Class Kimble Ave Extra Firm Mattress Set - Queen / Standard Height
Offered by Cymax
Price: $1,298.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Keep Looking. This mattress started sagging in the first month!!, May 13, 2015
I selected this mattress under the product warranty to replace the Beautyrest Worldclass mattress that collapsed before the end of the first year. (It was called the "Manorville" at the time. Simmons changes the name of their mattresses every year.) This replacement mattress it now doing the same thing. If you look at my reviews you can read about our experience in detail on the first mattress we made the mistake of purchasing.)

If you are dead set on purchasing this mattress READ THE WARRANTY. The body impression needs to be 1-1/2" deep WITHOUT APPLIED PRESSURE before they will consider replacing it. Do you realize how deep that is without applied pressure? To measure they put a string across the mattress and the sink hole needs to measure 1-1/2" below the string. If it's 1-1/2" without lying on it, imagine how deep it actually is when you do lie on it. To be fair, a 1-1/2" depression is pretty much the standard depth under most mattress warranties. The difference being with Simmons is that 1-1/2" collapse will happen almost immediately. Your bed also needs to have 6 support slates that run under the box spring or you're outta luck. They take a picture of it to send in with the claim.
There can also be no stains on the mattress or it's a no go so buy yourself a waterproof mattress cover now. Accidents happen. (When you put the mattress cover on you lose the "cooling technology".) If you're lucky enough to meet the fine print replacement standards, you still have to pay for shipping and purchase a matching box spring. If you want to read about my nightmare in detail, click to read my other reviews. And for the record neither my husband nor I are grossly overweight. So, if this is the mattress you purchase and you weigh more than 165 lbs. & 185 lbs you're looking at big time back problems every morning, a year from now. I am so done with Simmons (other than letting people know of our horrible experience.)

With all this said, you don't have to take my word for it. Here is the link to 289 reviews with an average rating of....wait for it....wait for it....1.2 stars out of 5. All with the same sagging problem. Wish someone had pointed that link out to me before I threw away $1250.00. I don't know how this company stays in business. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/furniture/simmons.html

Wacoal Women's Plus-Size Fine Form Full Busted Underwire Bra, Naturally Nude, 38DDD
Price: $52.68
5 used & new from $52.68

5.0 out of 5 stars I FINALLY found my new bra., May 12, 2015
I almost felt guilty for the number of bras I bought and returned to Amazon using their free returns program but my determination to find the perfect bra finally paid off.

I've been wearing the same Playtex style bra for several years now but it was no longer giving me the support that I needed so it was time for a change. If you have big boobs like I do you probably know finding a bra that does everything you want it to do AND be comfortable throughout the day is not easy. This bra checked almost all the boxes for me...quality, comfort, great lift, supportive (no jiggling), fabric that doesn't irritate (scratchy lace is just the worst!), somewhat pretty, natural shape (no side boob, not overly pointy, not perfectly round), back fat control, stays in place and all without being big and bulky. The only things it doesn't have on my list of criteria is headlight coverage. As important is that is to me I couldn't let it be a deal breaker since it was perfect in all other ways.

I first bought this bra in my normal size (36G aka 36DDDD) but the band was much too tight so I reordered one band size up, one cup size down (38DDD) (sister sizing I think that's called) and it worked out perfectly for me. Even with going up a band size I still have to use the first set of hooks but I believe that is how a bra is designed to work (first hooks first, then as the bras elastic band stretches out over time you use the center set of clips then onto the 3rd set of clips then after that you know it's time for a new bra). The first time I wore it I got a little nervous because after a few hours I felt like it was cutting into me but I didn't give up on this bra and the problem resolved itself after another wear (3rd times a charm).

Every bra fits every set of boobs differently (I guess that accounts for why the same bra can get both five star AND one star rating). After over a dozen or so tries this bra is the bra for me (short of having a custom bra made) and I hope works out for you just as well. If not, keep trying. Of the multiple bras I ordered I found this brand (Wacoal) to be among the best quality and it really seems like they try hard to resolve boob issues. On a final note, this bra is twice the price of what I was paying for my Playtex bras but I found out you get what you pay for.....it's twice in quality & design.

Good luck ladies.

Beautyrest Recharge World Class Manorville Extra Firm Mattress, Queen
Beautyrest Recharge World Class Manorville Extra Firm Mattress, Queen
Offered by Mattress Firm Inc.
Price: $950.31
3 used & new from $950.31

1.0 out of 5 stars KEEP LOOKING. YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY WITHIN 6 MONTHS., May 10, 2015
I selected this mattress under the product warranty to replace the Beautyrest Worldclass mattress that collapsed before the end of the first year. This replacement mattress it now doing the same thing. If I had written my review when I first received this mattress I would have raved about it like the other reviews written during the first month. I'd like to see what those same people have to say now. If you are dead set on purchasing this mattress READ THE WARRANTY. The body impression needs to be 1-1/2" deep WITHOUT APPLIED PRESSURE before they will consider replacing it. Do you realize how deep that is without applied pressure? To measure they put a string across the mattress and the sink hole needs to measure 1-1/2" below the string. If it's 1-1/2" without lying on it, imagine how deep it actually is when you do lie on it. Your bed also needs to have 6 support slates that run under the box spring or you're outta luck. They take a picture of it to send in with the claim.
There can also be no stains on the mattress or it's a no go so buy yourself a waterproof mattress cover now. Accidents happen. (When you put the mattress cover on you lose the "cooling technology".) If you're lucky enough to meet the fine print replacement standards, you still have to pay for shipping and purchase a matching box spring. If you want to read about my nightmare in detail, click to read my other reviews. And for the record neither my husband nor I are grossly overweight. So, if this is the mattress you purchase and you weigh more than 165 lbs. & 185 lbs you're looking at big time back problems every morning, a year from now. I am so done with Simmons.

With all this said, you don't have to take my word for it. Here is the link to 289 reviews with an average rating of....wait for it....wait for it....1.2 stars out of 5. All with the same sagging problem. I don't know how this company stays in business. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/furniture/simmons.html

Sitram A01685 Speedo Pressure Cooker with Timer, 8-1/2-quart, Black
Sitram A01685 Speedo Pressure Cooker with Timer, 8-1/2-quart, Black
Price: $163.15
5 used & new from $163.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Pressure Cooker, third times a charm., January 18, 2015
This is a quality pressure cooker. I researched Pressure Cookers to death (after purchasing two duds) and this is the one I chose. It is made in France (Not China!) which is one of the things I learned to look for. (France is where the pressure cooker originated.) It is also the one that Iron Chef, Bobby Flay uses. See the video on You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6yKoX8mRQI (video titled: "Bobby Flay for OpenSky - Bobby's Go-To Pressure Cooker" in case link doesn't work). It was just a total coincidence that I came across the video when looking for pressure cooker instructions on YouTube. The video will also show you how it opens and closes which is unique and a lot more convenient than other pressure cookers....no lining up the groves...you just twist 1/4 turn to clamp shut and to open back up. Another feature on this one is the pressure knob stays on. It is not a separate piece.

Before ordering this stove top style I ordered two different plug in pressure cookers that had electronic control panels. Both had issues after just a few uses. I was able to return one but the other I am stuck with. This stove top style has no electronic malfunctioning to worry about. I wish I had done my research prior to buying those and gone this route to begin with. Stove Top models also come to pressure MUCH faster. My pressure cooker arrived in perfect condition and seals perfectly. I love my Sitram pressure cooker. I got lucky and paid under $100 for it on Amazon Prime. Right place, right time.

The only negatives I can come up with are 1. the users manual is written in European lingo so it takes a minute to convert what is being said. On the up side, it contains a few recipes to get you started. 2. I wish it came with an extra silicone seal. The rubber silicone seal is said to last 3-5 years depending on amount of use but it would be nice to have an extra on hand when that time comes. I may just purchase an extra in case it is no longer available in 3-5 years.

A few tips: 1. Get an 8 qt size (like this one), not a 6 qt because you can only fill it 2/3 full. This way there will be no worries about fit if you want a few slabs or ribs, a larger size roast or a whole chicken. 2. Purchase Stainless Steal, not aluminum. It costs a little more but will stand the test of time without warping or staining. 3. When storing do not leave the lid in the clamped position. This way the rubber seal won't warp and you will get a lot more life out of it. 4. If you are looking for a few great pressure cooker cookbooks I highly recommend Bob Wardens, Great Food Fast and Slow Food Fast. They are written for the plug in style pressure cookers but can EASILY be converted to stove top because the cooking time is the same.

How to use: Turn stove on high until it comes to pressure (you'll know it's to pressure when steam comes out of BLACK KNOB on lid---not the hole where steam comes out first). You then turn stove down to medium/low and cook for however long the recipe calls for. That is it. The food comes out so moist and flavorful you won't believe it. That is why I keep trying to find the perfect pressure cooker after two fails. Third times a charm.

Kyjen PP01043 Squeakin' Animals Hide-A-Bird Replacement Dog Toys Squeak Toys 3-Pack, Large, Multicolor
Offered by Haute Dauge
Price: $8.50
24 used & new from $4.81

1.0 out of 5 stars These birds do not compare in durability to the squirrels., November 19, 2014
I bought the large Kyjen squirrels w/house. My Dachshund played with them every single day for 3 months. In fact she was obsessed with the game of getting them out of the house then making them squeak for dear life. The house and squirrels are all still in one piece but only one squirrel still has a working squeaker. So, I thought I would replace the squirrels with these inexpensive birds. Every one of them were torn to shreds in less than 30 minutes! These replacements are a big disappointment. Get the squirrels.

Bali Women's Satin Tracings Minimizer Underwire Bra, White, 36DD
Bali Women's Satin Tracings Minimizer Underwire Bra, White, 36DD
Price: $16.18
30 used & new from $16.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Most supportive, uplifting bra on the planet but uncomfortable, October 4, 2014
If you want a bra that is going to lift up and strap down those Double D's so they don't budge, this is the bra for you. I'm a 36DD but could have used a 36DDD in this bra. The cup fabric has zero stretch to it which may account for the size difference. The 36DD has 4 hooks in the back. There is very little shoulder strap adjustment available so even on the longest adjustment your puppies will be back where they were when you were 18. I have tried on countless full figure bras recently and while I still like my Playtex Secrets #4415 for a lift & comfort, this bra is the bra of choice if i want absolutely no movement which the Playtex doesn't give me. I gave it 3 stars because it runs a small & it's not the most comfortable bra.

Beautyrest Recharge World Class Manorville Luxury Firm Pillow Top Mattress Set, Queen
Offered by DealBeds
Price: $1,399.00
2 used & new from $1,130.00

1.0 out of 5 stars KEEP LOOKING. You will not be a happy camper before the end of the first year., August 6, 2014

Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2015 2:06 PM PDT

Hamilton Beach 7 Quart Stay Or Go Slow Cooker
Hamilton Beach 7 Quart Stay Or Go Slow Cooker
Offered by AV House
Price: $44.54
26 used & new from $32.50

3.0 out of 5 stars The 2 things that are wrong with this slow cooker., May 13, 2014
Length:: 0:36 Mins

When I read the reviews on this slow cooker the two cons I saw repeated the most were (1) steam burns your hand when you open the lid (there is no way around it) (2) it runs too hot even on the lowest setting (liquid actually boils). Both are true so if you think those things would be bothersome then I would pass on this particular slow cooker. There is a work-around on the higher cooking temp: I cooked short ribs for 6 hours instead of 8 hours and they came out perfect.

The video I posted shows both problems. The sound you hear after opening the lid is me dropping the spoon I used to raise the lid because the steam burned my arm and that was opening it with a spoon from the side. You can see the steam pour out of the pot. It even fogs up the lens of my phone (it clears up pretty quickly so you can see the stew "boiling" on low).

I like the hard to find XL size (although some reviews say it is actually 6 qt, not 7 qt.), the clamp down lid, the fold down handles and the look. I also like that it has a knob rather than electronic panel. I just don't know if these things outweigh the two major design flaws. I am still on the fence about whether to keep it or return it.

UPDATE: I ended up keeping it and wish I had not. The steam burned everyone's arm at a party I took it to. Everyone said that is the biggest design flaw they have ever seen. I'm surprised it hasn't been recalled.

Ouku® Deck Mount Modern Single Handle Widespread Waterfall Bathroom Vessel Sink LED Faucet Chrome Bath Tub Mixer Taps Bathtub Faucets Cheap Discount Unique Designer Plumbing Fixtures Single Hole Direct Roman Vanity Glacier Bay Faucets
Offered by Saint Home
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $45.41

1.0 out of 5 stars WHY WHY WHY did I buy this thing after reading the reviews?, May 2, 2014
If I could give this a minus rating I would. After reading the reviews I chose only to believe the positive ones. That's how bad I wanted this faucet. The video a buyer (or the seller! - review is from China which is where this comes from) posted with their review drew me in even more. I was even willing to overlook the fact that the fittings it comes with wouldn't work (which they didn't) as so many mentioned in their reviews. We solved this problem with a trip to the hardware store. That was the easy part!

What I wasn't prepared for was that the sink hole opening required for this to fit would be too small. The description reads that you need 1/2" opening. What you really need is a 1-1/2" opening. Our opening was 1-1/4". I should have returned it right there and then but noooooo, I had my husband chip away at the porcelain until it fit. Once we made the connector fit and the opening fit, it was time to hook it up and see the pretty lights when the water was turned on. Ready...Set... Nothing. EXCEPT THE LOUDEST FAUCET I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE! So, not only no lights to see but you need earplugs not to hear. Why has no one mentioned how freakin loud this thing is? I am not exaggerating when I say it can be heard throughout the house even when the door is shut!

I have learned the following lesson the hard way. No matter how cool something is, no matter how much I "have to have it", I will listen to the reviews that tell me in so many words to run for my life and never look back.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5