Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for Betty Boop > Reviews

Browse

Betty Boop's Profile

Customer Reviews: 169

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Betty Boop RSS Feed (Baltimore, Md)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Air Wick V.I.POO Toilet Perfume Lemon Idol, 1.9 Ounce
Air Wick V.I.POO Toilet Perfume Lemon Idol, 1.9 Ounce

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Works!, July 22, 2016
*Same as my V.I.POO Lavender review, slight differences*

I've tried many products through the years to mask "The Funk-a-nator" in my house. It seems like no matter what he eats, nothing works! For myself, I'd give V.I.POO spray a 99 percent effectiveness, but for the funk master, I'd give it 85-90 (even after the dreaded lactose rumbles). There's nothing worse than walking through the front door to a wafting scent of poop...this spray eliminates that! Some of you may follow it with air freshener, but the spray may be enough in some cases. It really is that strong! As instructed, just shake the bottle, spray the water 3-5 times and proceed with business as usual. Some of you may need 7-8 sprays but it is effective for all!

The scent lingers for hours. I have it in lavender and now in lemon. Lavender wasn't too pleasant, but better than poop smells. V.I.POO lemon smells like a chemical cleaner or nasty flavored candy or medicine. Weird smell but masks the funk so I can't complain. I don't see any ingredients on the bottle so probably can call or visit their website for that information...

The only downside is when it nears empty, it is hard to spray in a downward motion. Maybe that's when you buy another to refill. Despite that, I hope to be a lifelong customer. Overall, I am pretty impressed but will still look for other scents & possibly a storage bottle with a better spray mechanism...pretty good overall, so I definitely recommend this spray!

BLACK+DECKER WM700R Removable Plate Waffle Maker, Maroon
BLACK+DECKER WM700R Removable Plate Waffle Maker, Maroon
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected..., July 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is like any other waffle maker/iron I've owned: it makes waffles! But there are a few pros & cons.

I like the small size of the unit but also the large size of the waffles. They are not the largest Belgian waffles I've had, but pretty good. Unlike my last maker, this is a breeze to clean! I love the removable plates because sometimes it gets gunky & you need a thorough cleaning. It is SO convenient to pop out the trays (after they've completely cooled)...that's already half of the problem solved. The next thing is to clean the unit itself. Even with spilled batter, it's so simple to wipe clean. And although the trays are approved for the dishwasher, I hand wash them.

The instructions/warnings tell you where to put your hands. LISTEN to it! The entire unit gets HOT so keep your hands in designated areas only. And of course you can touch anywhere once completely cooled!

There are three flaws: Compared to my last waffle maker, there is no room for error. My other unit has a "spill tray" so if you pour too much batter, it catches & cooks the extra. This unit does not & batter will spill everywhere! Please don't overfill. Second flaw: with plates removed, I was gently cleaning the unit & a piece broke off (within 3 days of use). Luckily that part is not necessary for making waffles, but it shows how vulnerable this unit may be over time...when you get the unit, there's a piece on the bottom back (left & right side). You'll see them (there's a tiny space between them). That's what broke off, so be careful. Other than the design flaws, the thing I liked about my last unit was that it had a temperature guide & "ready" sound. When your waffle reached your temperature preference, it made a little noise so you could remove the waffle. This unit is a guessing game. Too soon & you have a sticky mess. Too late, you'll have a crispy mess. I tend to go somewhere in the 5 minute range but it truly depends on the batter! Like I said, guessing game. But you'll become a pro with practice! No worries.

Overall, because of the ease of cleaning, I will use this 100 times before going back to other units! For me, trouble-free cleaning overrides all flaws! I highly recommend it--just follow instructions & you'll be fine!

Kleenguard G10 Blue Nitrile Gloves (57373), Large, Powder-Free, 6 Mil, Ambidextrous, Thin Mil, Sold by the Box of 100.
Price: $12.75
79 used & new from $7.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Work as described..., July 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like using vinyl gloves but have also used nitrile gloves for years. Both work & do not have latex (for folks with allergies). The difference is when vinyl gets old or when it's hot outside, they no longer hold shape & stick together. These nitrile gloves seem to maintain shape & function no matter what.

The X-Large is too big for those with small hands and medium is too small for those with X-Large hands. We use large gloves in my house because they benefit all hand sizes. These gloves are comfortable on the hand and stretchable. I haven't experienced a break/tear yet but they are not indestructible. If you are using a knife or sharp object, they will pierce right through so be careful.

They work in all areas from cleaning to staining to food prep. Some nitrile gloves are for industrial use only but this box says they're safe for food prep. Anyway, they are disposable. I use them for small household chores & messy outdoor tasks. They hold up well to different chemicals & substances and shield your hands from dirt/sludge. They also shield you from funky foods like onions/garlic.

The gloves work and I recommend the large size since it is pretty universal from tiny to huge hands. I have large hands but the medium gloves also work in a pinch. Overall, nice product and user friendly!

Air Wick V.I.POO Toilet Perfume Lavender Superstar, 1.9 Ounce
Air Wick V.I.POO Toilet Perfume Lavender Superstar, 1.9 Ounce

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Works!, July 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

The scent lingers for hours. It was only available in lavender and while I like lavender, V.I.POO's scent comes off as those cheap rose-shaped soaps. Weird smell but masks the funk so I can't complain. I don't see any ingredients on the bottle so probably can call or visit their website for that information...

Black+Decker HSVJ415JMBF71 SMARTECH Cordless 16V Max Lithium 2-N-1 Stick Vacuum 1.5Ah
Price: $144.49
4 used & new from $144.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Skeptic no more..., May 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This vacuum has real power & it will let you know when you have a filthy house--you can literally hear the dirt lifting into the bottom...clearly our outdated vacuum was doing nothing! Functions great, looks great & fits into small spaces. It has a powerboost button that allows twice the suction power and you can turn the bottom rotary brush on/off with button (on handle). Vacuum glides seamlessly across all surfaces. We did wood, tile & rugs. Adjusts automatically. I still mop though, it's not a miracle worker...

Anyway, everything you need to know is listed in the manual with pictures. It's impossible to mess this up! All parts click/snap in place. There are LED lights on the front that show how much power you have & when bars run low (like a phone), you know to charge it. It's cordless for less hassle but my favorite part is the removable hand-vac! Click a button to release & snap back in place when finished. Great design! I also love the pivoting feature. It turns with you unlike a traditional stiff vacuum. Last feature is the filter. When the canister is full (or not), press the button to release. There is a cloth filter inside of a plastic filter. Both are removable/cleanable. You can dump contents into trash and take it one step further by cleaning with warm sudsy water. If you go the water route, you must let it sit for hours or overnight to dry. I haven't done that yet, just dump, wipe & go so far...will update review months from now though...

Overall, I was a little leery about a cordless rechargeable vacuum, but I took a risk & it paid off! Skeptic no more. There is a little assembly required. You must screw the handle into the base (screw provided, tool not). Other than that, hardly no effort is needed. Charge, use, repeat. Often. Because that was the only downside to me. If you live in an apartment or small space, this is a dream! But if you live in larger space, you'll need a few charges. I'm okay with that but also keep a corded-vac around just in case...last thing, although pricey, I want another one & think it would make a great gift (as long as the person won't be offended)! I recommend this big time!

Divide(TM)+ 200L LED Flashlight
Divide(TM)+ 200L LED Flashlight
Price: $23.26
25 used & new from $18.06

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, May 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is better than all of my flashlights combined. I've owned them all. Big, small, chargeable, bulbs etc...I discovered a trick: rather than pointing flashlight at something, point it at the ceiling & it illuminates the entire room. Not to embellish, so of course it will work better in a closet than a living room. But it works & lasts forever (it seems) so I'm more than impressed!

Pointing flashlight at the ceiling is not always realistic so I still "spotlight" items/spaces when outside or when I simply choose to...I love that the light is white & not yellow. It's brighter & doesn't put a strain on eyes. There is a lock feature where you turn the top to the left or right & it allows or prevents usage. Let's say you make a mistake and hit the on button. Locked, light will not turn on. Very useful. On the opposite end of the flashlight is the battery compartment. Twist the bottom off & pop in 3 AAA batteries. Good to go! Last feature is the "dimmer". There is full light (press the on button once) & dim light (with 2nd press). I don't use the dimmed light very often but I guess it could help some folks out there...

Anyway, there's not much else to say. This flashlight is amazing, it is not a gimmick like so many others & I want 5 more! Definitely works & comes in handy! I will update with "survival" time-frame when the light dims/batteries need replacement...

STAINMASTER Carpet High Traffic Foam Cleaner, 22 Ounce
STAINMASTER Carpet High Traffic Foam Cleaner, 22 Ounce
Price: $5.99
2 used & new from $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings..., May 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you have a fresh new stain or a small area, this will work for you. If like me, you have older stains & larger space, you won't be as impressed. I spot tested (as mentioned on bottle) & everything was fine...then I tried this in two places: front door & upstairs hallway (lots of traffic). For the front door, it cleaned much better in low-traffic spots but not for high-traffic. And for hallway, it didn't work at all. Let's say I needed 3 shades lighter, I got 1/2 shade lighter. So it technically did work, but I need something stronger or professional service. As for use, I recommend for carpets or large rugs. If using for a runner or small rug, it will be messy (spilling over onto exposed floor).

Anyway, I have mixed feelings about this cleaner. While it wasn't too effective for me, it did work where less foot traffic occurred & for newer stains.

SPRI Triple Zone Massage Roller
SPRI Triple Zone Massage Roller
Price: $59.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Tight muscles, tension relieved., April 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
No idea if I'm using this right. There were no instructions...I have tried it for my neck/back area & for my thighs/calves. It hurt for the first 3 days then it started easing tension. I'm not an athlete or a person suffering from chronic achy joints...this is new for me. I tried it standing against wall and laying on floor. Works better on the floor since you can control motion easier. But takes a lot of strength to move body back & forth. I think there are pros and cons. I like that it relieves tension but a long log would probably be more effective than ball system...overall, it works as advertised but not a must-have product. Since it did actually heal my pain, it gets 4 stars.

DII 100% Cotton Chevron Herringbone Throw for Indoor/Outdoor Use, Great Blanket For A Couch Throw, Picnics, Camping, BBQ's, Beaches, & Everyday Use - 50 x 60", Yellow
Price: $23.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good., April 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I chose this because the design & color are pretty subdued...I'm not a big chevron or yellow fan, but this looks great in person! The frills/fringe are a nice touch but can get tangled or fuzzy after a while. Throw kinda feels like a thin curtain & looks like a low quality rug, but somehow functions as a decent throw/blanket. Wraps around the body (size 12) & washes nicely, but make sure you wash on cold gentle cycle only! I've washed just once so far & will update next year after several washes.

Not much else to say. It's a throw! I like the muted tones and size. The fabric is not as soft as I'd like but not stiff enough to annoy me. Plus stiffness will probably loosen up after several washes (will update). Overall I'm pleased. Buy this if you're looking for just a hint of color & pattern. Pass if you're looking for a loud pattern or color. Buy if you're not picky about medium quality/weight fabric. Pass if you are picky.

DII Kitchen Millennium, 2-Piece, Heat Resistant, Seamless, Non Stick, Dishwasher Safe, BPA Free, Silicone Kitchen Set, Includes Potholder & Spoon Rest- Red
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Work as they should!, April 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The potholders work like any good quality potholders. Same with the spoon rest. The difference is texture and flexibility. This silicone set is pliable yet firm, like cardboard meets jell-o. They stand up well to heat & fit nicely in your hand...but sometimes you can't get a good grip because material doesn't mold around items easily like cloth. The spoon rest keep counters clean but I only recommend for small/lightweight utensils. May be useless otherwise...as for temperature: potholders stand up to high oven heat but are not heat-proof. You must work fast or risk burning hands.

The color is popping. Matches the toaster and mixer sets you may already have. Same brilliant red! I only hand wash these but silicone is dishwasher safe...overall, I like this set. Works as it should. It will not serve as a replacement but as a complement to the kitchen accessories I have!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17