Profile for Glenn > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Glenn RSS Feed (Maryland)

Monte Carlo ESSWC-3-WH 4-Speed 5-Position 1.25-Amp Wall Control, White
Monte Carlo ESSWC-3-WH 4-Speed 5-Position 1.25-Amp Wall Control, White
Offered by Ceiling Fan Parts Superstore
Price: $6.69
14 used & new from $6.69

1.0 out of 5 stars This brand is not good, January 12, 2013
I have used this controller in the past except I got them from Progress lighting. They worked great. Unfortunately, one of them blew the 1st (fastest) speed. So after living with it for a long time, I decided to finally replace it. Thinking the Monte Carlo version (which looks identical except for their logo) would be the same thing I bought one.

This controller makes the fan motor hum and make other noises like it's going to self destruct. It's possible this is just a defective controller but I wish I would have just kept the old swith with the 3 working speeds.

If this wasn't defective, I highly recommend this switch because it works well and looks great.

Exervo Defender Solid PVC Treadmill Mat
Exervo Defender Solid PVC Treadmill Mat

5.0 out of 5 stars Best choice, March 11, 2011
I bought this mat to put over top the carpet and under my new elliptical. After looking at all the choices, I tried this one and am very happy with the decision. It does smell when you first open it but that goes away after a day. The mat is extremely durable and did not tear as I was maneuvering the elliptical into position. A foam mat would have been shredded as soon as I starting pushing the elliptical into place. This is also easy to clean if you sweat. Defintely the best choice and I'm going to get another to put under my Bowflex. The foam mat that came with it ripped as I placed the Bowlex on top.

Excel 2010 Power Programming with VBA
Excel 2010 Power Programming with VBA
by John Walkenbach
Price: $26.61
72 used & new from $25.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to learn Excel VBA, November 22, 2010
I tried the Bill Jelen "VBA and Macros" book first but got too frustrated with it. Too much was left "un-said" in that book. So, even though I was forcing myself to learn from it, I decided to get this book too.

WOW! John Walkenbach does a great job of starting at the beginning, giving a very interesting spreadsheet background, and then quickly and concisely plunging you into the VBA world. I have also picked up a lot of non-VBA great Excel tips that I have started using.

Keep in mind, this book still isn't for the timid. It is serious learning and you have to be prepared to learn quick. But, I feel the book does a great job of teaching with just the right amount of detail. It also helps if you think very logical and sequential. If you can't organize your thoughts, you won't be able to program very well.

VBA and Macros: Microsoft Excel 2010 (MrExcel Library)
VBA and Macros: Microsoft Excel 2010 (MrExcel Library)
by Bill Jelen
Price: $28.88
108 used & new from $19.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the beginner, November 22, 2010
While I am getting some good information out of this book, I have to say it is not for the beginner. Unless you are naturally intuitive, logical, persistant, and have a good understanding of Excel and programming, you will find this book frustrating. The problem is that a lot is left "un-said". Luckily, I have some of the previously mentioned qualities and I was a whiz at the old Lotus macros (soooo much easier) so this isn't completely new to me.

I have since bought the John Walkenbach book, "Excel 2010 Power Programming with VBA" and hightly recommend that for someone just starting out or not very intuitive. Walkenbach fills in a lot more of the gaps and really explains the whole VBA experience from the beginning in good, concise detail. After I get through more of the Walkenbach book, I'll return to this book because it does have a lot of useful information, I'm just not prepared for it yet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2014 5:11 AM PDT

LG VX8700 Phone (Verizon Wireless)
LG VX8700 Phone (Verizon Wireless)

5.0 out of 5 stars great phone, September 29, 2007
I understand people have their own opinions and there will always be something to complain about and people have their own likes/dislikes.

In my opinion, this is the best phone I've come accross. I like the square shape, the small size, the sound quality is excellent, the displays are amazingly sharp, and the menus are ok. In direct sunlight, it is difficult to see the display but I haven't seen a phone that does a better job than this one. My previous Motorola phones had much worse sound quality (which is the important factor) and the screens were completely unviewable in sunlight.

I usually use a case because any phone will get scratched so commenting in a review that the phone gets scratched is meaningless to me. And, I've never accidentally disconnected a call when picking up the phone. I say give the phone (or another LG) a try.