Profile for Motherof8 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Motherof8 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
75% HCA Garcinia Cambogia - 180ct - 750mg - 45 Day Supply - All Natural Weight Loss Supplement
Offered by SuppleSense
Price: $35.19
2 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, June 27, 2014
I figured I might be going out on a limb when I made this purchase of Garcinia Cambogia NAKED 75% HCA. I put the product in my cart and then figured I would do some research...It took me about a month or so to finally decide to try it. Now I have been taking it for about 2 weeks. I take only on e in the morning and one in the evening most days, and I have found that it works fantastic for appetite control! I am 5'4" tall and two weeks ago, I weighed 148 pounds. I am down to 141 pounds today with the help of this product, regular exercise, and making healthy diet choices. I am not a dieter. I am not an exercise fanatic. Just a normal person, trying to fight the battle of the bulge. I don't believe in 'cure-alls'. I like that this product is natural and there is actually some solid research behind the use of garcinia cambogia to support healthy weight loss. I have never tried taking a pill to help with weight loss, but I am happy that I finally decided to try this one! BTW, I haven't noticed ANY side effects, whatsoever. I am very happy with my purchase!

Bohning Youth Tube Quiver, Red
Bohning Youth Tube Quiver, Red
Price: $13.54
12 used & new from $9.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for kids, July 15, 2013
This quiver is durable and utilitarian. It has been dropped, dragged and used heavily and still looks like new. It was worth every penny I paid for it!!

Neet Suede Shooting Glove, M
Neet Suede Shooting Glove, M
Price: $14.22
14 used & new from $7.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!!!!, June 14, 2013
This review is from: Neet Suede Shooting Glove (Sports)
After giving myself a GI-NORMOUS blood blister practicing barehanded with my longbow, I started looking around for an archery glove. (Note to others: think twice about firing off "the last few" arrows once your fingers feel numb and tingly!!). I really enjoy the feeling of the string against my shooting fingers, it makes me feel more in tough with my bow; so I was little worried that using a leather glove would have a negative impact on my accuracy. This glove has proved me completely wrong!! It was a little stiff in the beginning, but now that its broken in it has softened up considerably and feels more like a second skin. A helpful suggestion I got from my dad who is an avid bow hunter (PSE Custom, 85# draw) was to dampen my hand before putting it on the first few times, and to wear it as much as possible for at least a couple of days before actually shooting with it. This really helped the finger tips to mold to my fingers quickly and properly. I did this and exercised the finger joints whenever I could, it didn't take very long before creases appeared in the leather at the natural bend of my fingers!! Now they fit perfectly, and are nice and supple. They are just what I needed!!

Arrow Precision 28" Fiberglass Arrows - 12 Pack
Arrow Precision 28" Fiberglass Arrows - 12 Pack
Price: $30.55
8 used & new from $30.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, June 14, 2013
Great deal for little ones just getting started in field archery. My 3, 4, 6 and 8 year olds all use these arrows. As long as you're not shooting at anything too hard, these are perfect for little archery enthusiasts. I use "grown up" (custom) arrows when I am practicing with my longbow, and I initially let my kids use my arrows when they showed an interest in archery. In less than 2 weeks ALL of my custom arrows were COMPLETELY destroyed and useless (beginners, especially little ones, are twice as likely to miss the target as they are to hit it). At around $100 a pop for custom arrows, I was not about to mark any more of my arrows for destruction.

After searching Amazon for a while I came across these and decided to take a chance. We have been absolutely thrilled with these arrows for the kids!! They are sturdy, so we haven't lost a single one to damage or defect yet. The tips are somewhat blunted, so they are also a little bit safer to handle and shoot than the ones I use (close parental supervision is obviously still a requirement).

I've seen some negative reviews on here about these arrows and I have to say, if you're looking for arrows you can shoot into a tree, or if you're shooting in an area where your arrows are going to hit a brick wall if you miss the target, than these arrow won't last very long. If you are shooting a hunting grade professional bow with a draw weight greater than 35#, these arrows are not going to last very long...If you're silly enough to try to hunt with these arrows you will be sorely disappointed (duh). BUT, if you're looking for good sturdy arrows for kids to use for target practice while learning field archery (as the name of the sport suggests, best practiced in an open field), look no further. These arrows are awesome for the price!!!

Genesis Bow Kit, Right Handed, Blue Raspberry
Genesis Bow Kit, Right Handed, Blue Raspberry
Price: $193.45
28 used & new from $191.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right!, June 14, 2013
This review is from: Genesis Original Bow Kit (Sports)
I shoot a PSE Wolverine Longbow (25# draw). That being said, my husband and kids were looking to get in on the action, since they saw me having such a great time practicing field archery with mine. As my name suggests, I have 8 kids (with 7 still at home) ranging in age for 3 to 23. Sure, toy bows are a safe bet for the 3 and 4 year olds, so we got a couple of low end bows for the wee ones. Keep in mind, you usually get what you pay for...Anyway, we were left looking for an 'in-between' bow for everyone else to share. The Genesis Bow has been all that and more. Every one from our 8 year old up can shoot it without a problem. When they tried previously to shoot my longbow, they got discouraged so easily, because well, accuracy with a longbow takes endless hours of practice...with the Genesis, now even the 6 year old can hit the field target regularly. This bow is amazing!!! Zero let-off, means they can all share the Genesis, without having to go to extraordinary lengths to make adjustments in between shooters. We can all shoot as a family now, which has been a fantastic experience. I highly recommend this bow!!!

And the Mountains Echoed
And the Mountains Echoed
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid read, June 14, 2013
Kept me interested the whole way through. Quick read for sure. I love learning about other cultures, even through fiction and I have read the other two novels by Khaled Hosseini (and I thoroughly enjoyed both of those). In comparison, I found this one to be somewhat fractured, and at times had trouble shifting back and forth from character to character. I imagine this book would make a great movie (along the lines of Babel). In the end, I was left feeling somewhat deflated at the end, because there was no real resolution or redemption. It is a tale about life and the everyday struggle too find meaning in a sea of seemingly random events. All in all, I still enjoyed reading it.

My Sweet Little Pony 2 - Dress Up
My Sweet Little Pony 2 - Dress Up
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute!, June 14, 2013
This is a nice app for keeping my 3 year old busy. She can dress the pony without any help and stays interested in changing the clothes, hairdo, accessories and scenery for at least 30 minutes to an hour. Content is great for preschoolers!

Japanese Mecha Bud Green Tea, 3.53 Oz
Japanese Mecha Bud Green Tea, 3.53 Oz
Offered by NIHON ICHIBAN Japan's Best to You
Price: $18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., June 14, 2013
This teas has some kick to it! Nice and smooth with vegetal tones and a crisp grassy finish. This bag will likely last me quite a while. Its perfect for use in an infusion mug, which is how I brew mine. Each portion is good for at least 3 infusions, so one portion essentially lasts me all day because when I get close to the bottom of the cup I just add some more hot water, lower the infusion basket and VOILA!! I'm back in business with a fresh cup. Word of caution though: if you are used to subtle, flowery, delicate commercial green tea this is NOT that kind of tea. In my experience, the first infusion is more like espresso, and each subsequent infusion brings forth more subtle tones, though nothing about MECHA can be considered delicate. I have fallen in love with this tea, and will be sure to order more!!

OsoCozy - Indian Cotton - Prefold Cloth Diapers Medium 4x6x4
OsoCozy - Indian Cotton - Prefold Cloth Diapers Medium 4x6x4
Offered by All Together Enterprises
Price: $24.50
2 used & new from $24.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described, June 14, 2013
I couldn't be happier. These prefolds are exactly what I was expecting, and are perfect for my needs. they wash up nicely, and the fabric is soft. Much sturdier, or more substantial than the prefolds commonly available in the big chain stores.

Real Nappies 6-Pack of Snug Wrap Diaper Covers, Newborn Size, for babies up to 12 weeks, 6 lb to 13 lb
Offered by Shopping Moa
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!, June 14, 2013
These little diaper covers are well-made, sturdy, and attractive. The design used to make the velcro-style closure tabs is ingenious. They are double sided, so one will stick to the other if you need to overlap them for a better fit on a smaller baby! I absolutely love these!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3