ARRAY(0x992c8834)

Top Reviewer Ranking: 915

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Banks, OR USA)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Will (The Magdalene Series)
The Will (The Magdalene Series)
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Alas, so many words overused, Therefore I can not give a Lovely review, Thus disapointing me, April 10, 2014
Did the above sentence make you cringe? If so be prepared to wince throughout this book. I know I did. Literally cringed and stopped reading a few times because Thus just stands out so much, and it felt like a never ending cycle of these words.

Lets start with the positive - Jake and his family are so worth this book, they are fantastic. I loved them all!!!! The kids each need their own book. So do some of the side characters, Mickey and Coert.

Josie was just off. I love KA's books, buy them the second they come out and will read until I need toothpicks to hold open my eyes. But there was something weird about her. She came across as such a pretentious snot. I liked the Josie that forgot to be that way, but the verbiage for her was awkward. I think KA was trying to make her cosmopolitan but it fell flat. The words were so stilted it did not seem natural. She seemed kinda smarmey not icy. It seemed like such an affectation that it was not in the realm of belief for me. It was just the superwoman complex where every man instantly wants her to the point where you rolled her eyes.

I still loved Jake. He was perfect, so perfect I wonder what was wrong with women for 47 flipping years. He is Hawt, sweet, loving, great dad, total alpha male, and all he wants is a woman that treats him right and loves him. Wow - Done and Done! The book is worth reading, I just wish there was a good beta reader at least that would pare down on some of the word choices and sentence structure. I know going into a KA book I am going to get some Thus, but this one had over 100. At that point it doesn't sound smart, it just sounds like you don't have a thesaurus. Feel free to use things like ergo, consequently, accordingly, that, respectively. So many choices. I hate to rant about this, but it was so distracting, especially when you got 2 on 1 page.

So yes, purchase the book for Jake, Con, Amber and Eath, put up with Josie because they are worth it.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2014 6:20 PM PDT

I Bring the Fire Part I : Wolves (A Loki Story)
I Bring the Fire Part I : Wolves (A Loki Story)
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not care for writing style, April 2, 2014
Because it was free I did not preview the writing style. It is not for me. I deleted after the first chapter I could not take being told one more Amy fact.

The Ice Seduction: Bestselling Devoted Series
The Ice Seduction: Bestselling Devoted Series
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Mindnumblingly awful, March 19, 2014
Save yourselves, run. This book is predictible trite and B-O-R-I-N-G. This is one where don't let the reviews fool you.

I finished it only because I was out of country with no internet and couldn't download anything else. Literally that is why I finished it.

The storyline sounds like something a 12 year old thinks would be romantic but if you are say 14 or above you will see it for what it is lame. If you think this will be a hot read - think again - it is as cold as the castle the story is set in. No chemistry - lots of telling, no showing, and caricature type characters. Normally if I finish a book I can give it at least 2 stars, not in this case. It is just that bad.

Allegiant (Divergent Series)
Allegiant (Divergent Series)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars WTH?????, March 19, 2014
Different writing style, boring story on the whole "what's outside the fence". And the ending was way less than good.

There were parts that needed more description and parts that needed less.

The different style where we switch back and forth between Tris and Tobias would have been okay, but I had read the previous 2 books back 2 back before starting on this and had to check who said what, it was not always obvious who was talking.

The outside the fence was pretty anti climactic and a bit boring.

This book felt very rushed, and while I will not say what happened at the end, I will say it was kind of lame. I didn't find it believable enough on that portion. The book just pissed me off and made me wish I had never read any of the series.

I read this on my phone and I almost pitched it across the room, I wanted my time back that I wasted on a crap of all ending. I can live with what happened at the end, but it just seemed done to make a splash or get people talking, the reasoning did not work for me.

Schumacher PSW-61224 DSR ProSeries 250/200/150 Amp 6/12/24 Volt Manual Wheel Battery Charger/Starter
Price: $279.98
21 used & new from $279.98

4.0 out of 5 stars As Advertised, February 24, 2014
We were hesitant to buy this due to all the complaints of damage. That said, this same unit retails for almost $500.00 locally and we finally decided to take the risk. My husband said he did not care if there were some dents in the metal as long as the unit worked.

As other people have commented, the packaging was very appropriate; however, the manufacturer uses very thin housing on this. Ours like most other reviews was dented in the fan area. The outer boxes showed no damage, so it must be something in the way the put it in the box? Our box had no outer issues at all. This said it it in no way impacts the way this runs and works.

We are very pleased with the unit, and due to the excellent price will probably by a 2nd one for home use. The first was purchased for our business.

Grim
Grim
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It desperately needs to be edited but a great new author nonetheless, February 24, 2014
This review is from: Grim (Kindle Edition)
I normally would knock this story down due to editing issues; however, I loved the characters so much that I don't care. While the editing is lacking the characters are rich and well developed as well as the world building. Yes some of these are my pet peeves, but, would you rather have a perfectly written story with lacking characters or world building, or a great story with some spelling/word usage challenges?

I think Grim is amazing, and Lisa is very strong while still being extremely supporting and loving of Grim. I loved everything about them, from the way they respect each other to their family dynamic.

Lisa is strong without being a B****. You know what I mean, those heroines that are so awesome but they look good by making the guys look small, or by everyone wanting them. This is so much better, Lisa is a genuine loving person that builds people up vs tearing them down. She always gets her way, but she is so nice and warm people want to do things to please her. Grim is so affection and love starved, I love the way this family fills his life and lets him see his own value, and by doing that, show the rest of the warriors theirs as well.

I downloaded a sample and I swear I almost deleted it based on the 1st page, I could not reconcile the way it was written with the great reviews. Skip the poorly written I guess synopsis and go straight to the book. As always I recommend seeing if the story sucks you in, I had downloaded several samples and this was the third one, I was so frustrated when I ran out of sample and was irritated waiting the length of time it took to say Purchase now and have it open, I was already that immersed in the story. It was 10:30 pm when I downloaded it and I finished around 1:00 am and immediately downloaded the novella that comes after this, although by then I was tired enough that I set my alarm early to read it this am :). I have also purchased her other first series as so far I am in love with the way she does her characters.

This author is a must purchase for me @ least on this series. Try the sample from the first chapter on and I bet it sucks you right in too.

Note to author: I would go through some of the reviews you have and for people that mention your editing but like your style asking them to beta read for you. That would clear up a lot of the glaring issues until you feel you would like to work with an editor. While I don't like doing the beta myself, I am sure you would have quite a few volunteers were you to put it out there.

Concealed in Death
Concealed in Death
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I had been worried - but I really liked it, February 18, 2014
After the last book, I was worried that this might be my last auto purchase, I am relieved to say it is not.

I will say I like that the characters are growing and maturing, this means they don't think the same way they did 17 books ago. Eve is MATURING, she is opening herself up to new experiences and while she still has her edge it is not as abrasive as it was in books past. She can still be a hard ass but she doesn't always choose to be. For those of you who don't want Eve to change - you will not like the book.

This book has a good balance with police and personal. Some of the conversations between Eve and Roarke had me laughing out loud. We are still getting new characters, and while we don't always get to visit with others as much as we want, the series needs new blood.

I like that Eve is no longer being constantly misunderstood by those around her. They have matured too. I find this series is evolving and I am glad because it is keeping me interested. I don't want the same thing over an over. She has not become a yuppy, she still has the same things that drive her nuts, but it is it wrong that she now sees value in family and friends? She has let people in her life that we have grown to trust and she feels she can talk to them somewhat, still usually about cases vs feelings, but this is progress from the stunted woman she started out as. ( I know I shouldn't respond to other reviews- but that seemed like a theme)

I am not going to give away plot or put in spoilers. I found this to be a solid Eve and Rourke book, and I read it cover to cover and will probably go back and re read this one at some point. There were some great lines in it.

I do love that we had some Dennis Mira in this book, he is one of my favorites.

Hiding in Plain Sight
Hiding in Plain Sight
DVD
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and Realistic, February 17, 2014
I will say, I usually think Joel would do better on his own, but it would be hard for it to be so well filmed then.

The show is entertaining and I usually learn some odd fact that if I become a camper I am sure will come in handy. I am not a big fan of a lot of the shows out there right now, but I have this one on my DVR and Dude your Screwed. I like watching them get in out of these situations.

I think the best episode is the behind the scenes one where you find out about the various injuries etc. I hope Discovery brings this back next year. The other thing I like about this one, they don't after every commercial break go way back going over everything that has happened to waste time because there was not enough good film.

Joel is articulate and breaks things down, the scenery is usually amazing, and I am always surprised how often these guys will be virtually on top of him and not find him.

If you like survival/evasion shows, this is the best one going.

Aftershock (Fated Encounters)
Aftershock (Fated Encounters)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Rushed, February 17, 2014
This would be a great novel, but the character development is not there for a novella. There were so many parts where this would have been great if it were a little more believable. Hopefully this one at some point will be re worked to be full length.

I picked this up after reading the Acadians and 3013 by this author. I enjoyed them better due to character development. I really wanted to love this one, but it was just too fast. Like I said, I think this could be converted to a good full length book.

Vexing Voss (Coletti Warlords)
Vexing Voss (Coletti Warlords)
Price: $6.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Heroine suffers from Overly Everything Syndrome, February 17, 2014
This is one of those books where you don't know why they gave you a Hero, because the Heroine can and does do everything, and everyone adores her or wants her, and really all I wanted was something besides the "Greatness" of Zoey.

She started off kind of cute, but then she does all this hairbrained stuff that ends up working out, but it was thing after thing, and there wasn't really a relationship, it was hard to have time between her kidnappings and attacks.

I think the author was trying for non stop action, but it just became kind of tedious. Oh Zoey is going to do say something immature and everyone is going to be shocked she said it out loud and then she is going to save everyone. Yawn. Yawn. Then they will get out of that predicament and guess what, Zoey says or does something "shocking" and she saves the world again. This might be a spoiler, but guess what happens after that??? Zoey does something shocking, then she saves everyone again, even the mighty Colletti warriors. Really why do they need the Colettis when they have these girls? She apparently comes from other women as talented as hers.

I like a strong heroine, but Zoey didn't come across that way, she came across as very immature, and Voss should have been a strong guy, but big muscles don't an alpha make. For me this should have been a pass, I gave it 3 because I finished it, but I wouldn't bother.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20