Profile for D.C. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 415

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D.C. RSS Feed (OR USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Windburn (Nightwing series Book 2)
Windburn (Nightwing series Book 2)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series!!1, June 22, 2015
Hot wow!!! I loved the glimpse I had of Lorian in the previous book, and I loved him in this one.

I really enjoyed his story. He and Sorcha are a good match. LOVE those major Alpha's, and boy is he one. Not in the creepy way, in the ohhhh take me big boy way.

I really like the world building and the story lines as they develop more details about Morags vs humans. How they interact.

This is a great new series not to be missed. Much more romancey than Urban. The heroines might be sassy, but they are not butt kickers really. I am off to purchase the new full length novel that follows this. I read Soulfire and this back to back, and now must continue to read more about this world. Not that I think anyone can hold a candle to Lorian.

Try Soulfire first, it was free when I grabbed it, and it let me know I love this authors style.

Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo
Price: $179.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall all love it, June 19, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Echo (Electronics)
I mostly love it, and I think most of the bugs have been worked out. I have had Alexa now for a little over 6 months, Merry Christmas to me :).

This has a lot of features that I don't use, mainly we end up using her as a kitchen timer, occasional measurement question, or when did someone die. And glorified radio and weather station.

It is all more handy and addictive than I would have thought; however, there are so many things I wish she did. For instance many of the things I ask such as - Can you tell me what music artist had the most number 1 hits - she will send a bing message to my phone. I don't want it sent to my phone, I want her to tell me the same way google now does, but alas she does not. If it is going to my phone, I could have used my google feature and gotten the answers there. Basically I am being too lazy to walk to my phone, and I refuse to have Bing Bar. I am a chrome girl.

So I do not use a lot of functions like timers for my house and sports stats, because I love Junior Hockey and there are no stats for that to be found.

I tried the definitions of words and every one I tried she did not get, am I mispronouncing them? Possible but doubtful. I get - Hmmm, I don't have the answer to that frequently. She just does not make the cut for me for reference, and for that I am dinging her 1 star. (she was advertised with being able to help with homework)

With that exception, she has amazing hearing, just make sure you pause after her name so she can come on and you can give her a command or ask a question. I really love the hands free option. Being able to be across the room and order a playlist is pretty magical. I can only imagine it is like having a helpful willing husband springing to do my bidding, turn up volume, turn down volume - boom Alexa does it, unlike my husband who says, WHAT? - hrmmm nevermind.

She has never had a wifi issue, even though my Kindle sometimes does,occasionally if there is a lot of wi fi use a song will cut out, but it does come back. This happens rarely. The sound is excellent. I would not hesitate to purchase her again. Easy to set up. She is overall really great, I think they will continue to add to her features, if you love technology, or would just like to be able to turn on your music when someone leaves the house and you are in middle of something, like mopping, cooking, reading, you NEED Alexa!

Reebok Women's Crossfit Lite Lo TR Training Shoe, China Red/Electro Pink/Steel, 9 M US
Price: $29.86
2 used & new from $29.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Them, June 15, 2015
I love these. I was living in my nano's, now I have a really cute alternative and am not wearing out my workout shoes. Especially since I got these for 30 bucks versus 100 and up for the nano. I can not wear vans b/c they are too narrow, so i really like this option.

These fit the same as my nano's no arch support to speak of and wide toe box, maybe a little lower on the ankle, I live in mismatched socks and when I wear my nano's I don't notice them as much as I do when I wear these. The front is a suede type material and the back is canvas.

I bought the same size as I get in the nano. They fit perfect out of the box, no issues with blistering or anything. Walked around in them for hours and had no problems.

Deception: Vampires In America, Book 9
Deception: Vampires In America, Book 9
by D. B. Reynolds
Price: $14.95
26 used & new from $13.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear your schedule, this is a cover to cover read!, June 9, 2015
Just when I thought they could not get better, this one just blew me away.

I actually cried, it just ripped at my emotions. So many good things in one book, just don't have the words. Thank you D.B.

First of all I will say I had gotten a little bit tired of Raphael and Cyn, I felt sometimes they were in other books too much. I wanted more on the other characters, which is ironic, because at first I was irritated that we had new characters. Just goes to prove some people can't be made happy.

This book brought back all the power, chemistry and ingenuity of Cyn and Raphael of old. I think that was my problem in previous books, these characters are too fantastic to only have a glimpse of them. They really do command and overshadow everyone else, as they should.

I don't want to give any spoilers, but if you have been with following this series since book 1, make sure you have nothing else you have to do until you finish this one. There are so many things I liked about this book:

1. Cyn is completely her own person that has garnered respect in spite of being human
2. Raphael and the way he trusts Cyn and the glimpses we get into how he thinks of her
3. Ken Ichi - what a great fleshing out of a character we always had and never knew
4. Juro - He is awesome and I loved seeing how close he was to his boss and Cyn
5. Lucas - because well he is Lucas
6. General badassery
7. The emotional connection you feel to the group you have grown to know and love
8. Elke

Great book. Great series, start @ the beginning with Raphael if you have not read it. Raphael and Lucas had been my favorite books up until now, I think this one bested them both.

The Days of Noah: Book One: Conspiracy
The Days of Noah: Book One: Conspiracy
Price: $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Biggest conspiracy theories all in 1, May 24, 2015
9/11, illuminati, free masons, skull and bones. Homeland security monitoring. Common core.

While some of these may be more believable thank most. This was the first 13 percent of the book. It seems there is not a conspiracy out there that is not incorporated I to this book.

I gave up. I liked the story, but it would have been better if the author wasn't trying g to convince you the whole time of a multitude of conspiracies. That is where it lost me. Nothing original, just a bunch of unproven theories. Had they not been based I reality, it might have been mote engaging. Instead I felt like I was watching a bad YouTube video carefully edited and ignoring any facts that disagree with their point of view.

Should you be a person who embraces the above conspiracies, you will LOVE this book. For others that while some of these theories might have SOME merit, but don't want to eat a conspiracy soup where everything is tossed into pot, just skip it.

GHOST (GHOST: John Spector Novel Book 1)
GHOST (GHOST: John Spector Novel Book 1)
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and Fast paced, May 23, 2015
While listed in Christian drama, this did not come across as a religious book.

It felt more like an urban fantasy. No romance, lots of fighting. Cool weapons. Decent mystery. Lots of "others"

If you have not read this due to the Christian part, do not let that hinder you. There is good vs. bad, but like I said more like you would read in urban fantasy or those nephilliam books.

I am definitely continuing the series. Somewhere this was compared to Jack Reaachrr, and I feel that is a fair comparison. The characters are very well done and we still have a l o t to learn about ghost. He is an enigma. I am eager to learn more about the memory wash and what he retains.

Miracles: 32 True Stories
Miracles: 32 True Stories
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth Reading for David's story alone, May 10, 2015
I enjoyed this book, but I will say that David's story had tears literally streaming down my face. The same with Benjamin's.

The grace of God, and peace he can bring. The miracles he can work. Just in awe.

I will say a couple of the stories might not speak to you, but there is sure to he one that will touch and soften your heart. God is great everyday. You just have to open your eyes to see it.

Thank you to the author for obeying God.

Kulti
Kulti
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely in Love with this story, May 6, 2015
This review is from: Kulti (Kindle Edition)
I don't know who I love more, Sal or Kulti. Probably Kulti, but it is hard to decide.

Sal is such and honest, warm and genuine person. She is one of the more perfect heroines out there. I love that she is 27 and still going strong. She has a great moral compass.

Kulti - he doesn't talk much, but when he does it is worth paying attention to. He is one of those rare H's that make you belly clench over some of the stuff he says and does. I love that he could care less about pretty much anything except Sal and how she sees him.

I am going to look for more works by this author. I loved her characters.

The only negatives I would say is that Sal pulled her big girl socks on way too often. It kind of worked, but it was definitely getting a little tired. That negative aside, there is pretty much nothing I didn't love about this book. I read it cover to cover and could not put it down. Definitely a keeper.

Arctic Paws Yummy Chummies Dog Treats 2.5 Lb (40 Oz) with 95% Wild Alaska Salmon
Offered by True Value Center
Price: $23.99
2 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog's will do anything for their Yummy Chummies!, May 4, 2015
They really will.

Stupid neighbor Chihuahua barking at them through fence and running up and down road driving them nuts? I yell good boy (what we call them) and they come running.

Being naughty in the house? I ask if they want to be grounded from good boys? - Instantly go and lay down.

I have not found another treat that works this way, and if we try calling a different treat a good boy they ignore us.

I have 2 shih tzu's and a rottie. They all drool for these. This is the preferred flavor. We were purchasing them at Costco, and when Costco gets them in stock there is literally a phone tree for them (after I grab 5 bags for myself).

The first time we ran out of Yummies it was ugly, the dogs quit behaving, they barked back at that annoying rat like animal that lives to taunt them. Our future as owners of happy dogs was in question. Then we discovered them on Amazon. We purchased 5 bags. My husband just came and told me we are down to our last bag, he is panicking, he is afraid that other people will buy out the Yummie's before we can. He does not want despondent dogs. He advised me to give them a bad review so no one else would want to buy them.

This is the only thing that distracts our Rottie when we take him for a walk and stupid rat dog comes up from behind and tries to "grab a hold of his leg". If I have one of these, he will keep walking. If I don't he tries to sit on the little horn dog, which is tempting, but I don't want my neighbor to hate me.

Purchase these, but I caution you - it will make all other treats pale in comparison, and I swear I am not exaggerating the power of the Yummy Chummie in our household.

Wrist Wraps ★ Heavy Duty Weight Lifting Wrist Support for Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, MMA + Exercise Classes. Boost Strength, Support Your Wrists + Lift More Weight with Our Highest Quality Wrist Wraps ★ Free Lifting Straps, Carry Bag and "Mass Muscle in Minutes" Free Report
Offered by EliteBodySquad
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality and support., April 30, 2015
Not as thich as rogue, but still very nice quality. These offer quite a bit of support for OH lifts.

I previously purchased another set of red line type wraps based on price b/c I did not realize that I also would need thickness. These do well, as I have weak wrists. I get good support on the lifts. If I am going to do a lot of heavy repetitive Clean and Jerks or Thrusters, I tape my wrists first then apply these.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20