Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Profile for D.C. > Reviews

Browse

D.C.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 443

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D.C. RSS Feed (OR USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hamilton Beach 70725A 12-Cup Stack and Snap Food Processor
Hamilton Beach 70725A 12-Cup Stack and Snap Food Processor
Price: $49.99
4 used & new from $41.77

3.0 out of 5 stars loved it while it worked, January 17, 2016
This was a great food processor for the 18 months it worked.

I am not sure what to think. I use this a lot, at first I loved it, for say the first year. Then the spring started popping it where it had to go down for the safety. I figured out how to put it back in, but I had to do it every time.

I paid about up buck at a department store for this as my food processor crudded out mid recipe. It was absolutely great, way better than previous.

My question I'd, should I be satisfied with a great processor for a year, or should it last longer? If a year is acceptable it is 5 star, if it should make it more than 2 years it goes down to 2 stars.

Now I need to find a new processor and not sure whether to just replace annually or pay more and hope it pasts longer

Magic Stars (Grey Wolf Book 1)
Magic Stars (Grey Wolf Book 1)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!!!! So worth the wait for Derek!!, December 11, 2015
I am in LOVE with this book. Derek is one of my favorite characters and it was so fantastic to get to understand him more. I really hope they get their own side series, it would definitely be an auto buy.

This book is very much a Derek POV, so you know what Derek is thinking, but not Julie. He has changed so much over the series, and it was great getting into his thoughts. Finding out more about how he felt about things that have happened in previous books. Loved it. I also really enjoyed getting a glimpse into where the next book could be going. Julie could end up being full of surprises. I am so eager to find out more.

I know I am rambling, but I don't want to give anything away, and I am so excited because it says book 1 in the gray wolf. Whoo Hoo - Happy Dancing.

I would say this is in no way a stand alone book. There is too much back story that you would be missing out. You would need to start with book 1 in the Kate Daniels series.

Elegant Comfort 1500 Thread Count Wrinkle,Fade and Stain Resistant 4-Piece Bed Sheet set, Deep Pocket, HypoAllergenic - King Turquoise
Price: $24.71
4 used & new from $19.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what is advertised, December 3, 2015
NOT 1500 threadcount - not cotton - it is microfiber, i can buy microfiber sheets @ local Krogers for 30 bucks, this is deceptive marketing.

PERFECT FOODS Bar, Almond Butter, 2.29 Ounce (Pack of 8)
PERFECT FOODS Bar, Almond Butter, 2.29 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Offered by MuscleMart Plus, LLC
Price: $27.74
4 used & new from $19.25

5.0 out of 5 stars so delicious, November 8, 2015
Just got one of these in a swag bag at a competition. They are delicious. Perfect blend of almondy butter crunchy delicousness with a little bit of honey. I need to own them, but I am hoping to find a better price.

Taken: The Vampire's Concubine: Part One
Taken: The Vampire's Concubine: Part One
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Chapter book 1 of 6, November 1, 2015
The author has bought into classism, and beats you over the head with it ad nauseum. Rich people are to blame for all the worlds ills. She keeps repeating the word rich, like she does not have a thesaurus. It is written very simply and slightly stilted.

It aslo stretches into multiple books with the story never completely finishing.

1. I hate when people using their books to rant about their political views - regardless of which way they go.
2. If you are going to do it - do it well. Don't beat me over the head with the same words
3. Write a whole book at once instead of piece mealing it into 6 little books - I would much prefer to read it all in 1 sitting.

Overall a skip.

Walk Through Fire (Chaos)
Walk Through Fire (Chaos)
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars More Low than High, October 31, 2015
Had to force myself to read it. I hated the back and forth with Millie. I didn't like Millie until over half way through the book and then it felt like it was dragging.

High Low Snooks Logan had too many names. He was one of my leastime liked guys. This one was just bleh for me.

The last Chaos book I thought was 5 stars and great. I don't know if she is trying to write too fast and give long books, but it just went on and on. It was incredibly repetetive.

Then the interesting parts were kind of glossed over. More depth with Millie, Deb and the kids. I will say I loved that Deb was not a raging whack job that needed to be killed off so Millie could be the Mom.

Read this one if you are into the series for continuity, but otherwise it is a pass

Shifter Planet
Shifter Planet
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars, October 28, 2015
This review is from: Shifter Planet (Kindle Edition)
This was a very well done book, but it didn't do it for me. It was not a cover to cover read (which most D.B. books are).

It is the first book in a series, and I struggled to get into the book. I think I was 4 chapters in before I wanted to continue. I persevered b/c of the author. I pushed myself to finish it, but this book did not have that intangible quality for me that made me want to put the world on hold to finish it. In fact I had to struggle not to read another book that came out that day instead. This is not usually the case.

I thought Amanda was a little...over the top. I never really connected with her, and her mission to prove that she could do this was just not plausible for me. I never saw her drive, or the reason for it. She wanted to go into the green- but she had been sneaking in anyway. This might just be first book issues where it is laying out the series, but I guess overall that is what I felt, that this book was a layout and there was still a lot to come that this book did not answer. A lot of the plot seemed forced so that outcome B could happen so they could move on to next thread of story.

This also chemistry wise was a bit flat. I was glad we were being told they werre attracted to each other b/c did not feel it otherwise. I am not trying to bash the book. It was well done, for whatever reason for me the story did just not resonate.

My rating system is 5 stars - Need next book now now now, where can I pre order
4 stars - definitely getting next book, but have a couple others will read before that b/c sometimes back to back shows flaws
3 stars - good book - would buy the author again, maybe not this series unless I liked preview
2 stars - finished it
1 star - utter crap not worth the download

For me this fell right in between auto buying next book b/c I love the author and checking the preview.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2016 10:28 AM PST

13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened In Benghazi
13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened In Benghazi
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Well Done, October 27, 2015
So well written, it was riveting. I put off buying this book because I thought it would be A. political or B. Dry. This was neither. You actually can visualize and almost smell what is going on. They do a great job painting the picture of what they went through.

I highly recommend this story if you want an accurate account of what happened without all the speculation that you get from the press.

These men have a remarkable story that should be known. I understand it is now being made into a movie and I look forward to seeing that. Many re - tellings are hard to picture, or they talk like you need to be in special ops to get it. This is not that way. It is a good look into the atmosphere of Libya at the time.

Dickies Men's Enhanced Visibility Long Sleeve Coverall Non-Ansi, Dark Navy, 2X/Regular
Price: $49.17
7 used & new from $49.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, October 27, 2015
the only thing we dislike about this is the narrow leg - you do have to remove boots/shoes to put these on.

Quality is good, they are a little heavier and reflective is nice. While I do like them, I don't know if I would purchase again due to boot issues. Small issue, but I hate listening to the guys every time whine about it.

AmazonBasics Mid-Back Office Chair
AmazonBasics Mid-Back Office Chair
Price: $69.99

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, October 27, 2015
We purchased 2 of these to replace old desk chairs. they tilt and swivel as well as have adjustable height. Soft leather like product. Good price point.

They are comfortable enough, we like the low back so we can see over them if no one is sitting in them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20