Profile for DinaC > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 394

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DinaC RSS Feed (OR USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Reebok Men's Crossfit Lifter 2.0 Training Shoe, Black/Flux Orange, 7.5 M US
Reebok Men's Crossfit Lifter 2.0 Training Shoe, Black/Flux Orange, 7.5 M US
Offered by YourSneakerOutlet
Price: $119.99
2 used & new from $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them., January 26, 2015
What a great deal. B/c of the size chart I picked my size in womens and was able to get these in Mens when they were on sale.

I have never had lifters and I love these. I do not know how they would be versus a straight lifter shoe.

These work great for my complex wods and strenght training.

Paleo Protein Bars (7 Net Carbs (Caramel) 12 Bars
Paleo Protein Bars (7 Net Carbs (Caramel) 12 Bars
Offered by Julian Bakery Inc
Price: $39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I will update as I choke down more flavors, January 26, 2015
Will Update as I try other flavors - Glazed Donut

It tastes nothing like a donut - they are a relatively soft bar, they consistency reminds me a little bit of (this is dating myself) food stick's from the 70's. Kind of soft and chewy. The flavor is NOTHING like a donut - if I were to name the flavor it would be maple oatmeal or something like that with out the oats. There is a distinct after taste, not sure what it is - not soapy like someone else said, for me it is more like the flavor after touching your tongue to a battery. The flavor kinda numbs the taste buds or something.

Here is the thing - if there was another option out there for being strict paleo, I wouldn't touch these on a bet. Problem is there is not. So if you are willing to choke it down b/c you have trouble getting meals in and want something portable, buy it. Kudos to the company for making these and giving us ANY option. But unless these are a necessity for health reasons of some sort, I would pass.

Burned: Fever Series Book 7
Burned: Fever Series Book 7
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't know how to wait. Best of the series! Needs more stars, January 20, 2015
Wow. Wow. Wow. I don't know how she does it and don't know why I am surprised. She surpassed the other books. This will be without spoilers.

This book is told from various characters points of view. We get a LOT more backstory insights in characters, that while they don't let you understand the character better, it does let you feel like you know them better. The one thing I have learned in this series is that I have no idea what will be next.

This book ha me literally squirming at potential possibilities. I set my kindle down. I what iffed the scenarios in my head. My biggest problem as what if it ends on some cliffhanger I can not deal with. Yes there was an abrupt end. Luckily it was a completely liveable one.

Non stop action and drama. None of the what ifs I worried about came to fruition. Hallelujah. I am going to re read this a lot. I love Barrons. I really really love him. That said Lot, whew daddy. Ryo just keeps getting better. It reminds me of when we got glimpses into Barrons, the character just becomes richer.

This is such a keeper. For those of you that did not like ICED, you will LOVE Burned. Fantastic read.

Harbinger Red Line Wrist Wraps
Harbinger Red Line Wrist Wraps
Price: $12.99
9 used & new from $8.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it - more of a placebo, January 14, 2015
Not thick enough for good support. Very thin material.

I purchased these at Dicks b/c I needed wrist support. I constantly had to tape wrists then put these on, these by themselves were not strong enough.

I have since purchased thicker wraps and I can wear just those without having to tape my wrists on OH squats and Clean and Jerks. I would skip these and pick up a thicker set.

National Security (Jericho Quinn Series Book 1)
National Security (Jericho Quinn Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting and fast paced, January 11, 2015
Once I started I could not put it down. I have had this in my tbr pile for awhile. Now i wish I had read it sooner.

Liked Jericho. Loved Thibadoux, and can not wait for next book. Started literally with a bang and never let up

Good dialogue. Fairly okay on believable scale. Not so much detail you are overburdened.

Downloading next book immediately.

Consumed (The Deep in Your Veins Series Book 4)
Consumed (The Deep in Your Veins Series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps getting better, January 10, 2015
I don't know how she keeps improving on this series. I thought it would be hard to be centered on Ava and Salem, but my fears were unfounded.

I loved this book. Very fast with lots of action. I liked that while there were some similarities in situations Ava handle them so differently than Sam that it did not seem repetitive.

Fell completely for Salem and the visits with all the other characters were the perfect balance. The only slightly strange part was bit with Chico at end. You saw it happening but that felt pretty rushed.

As always the villains were truly despicable and you rooted for their demise. Los of great interpersonal connections. Intrigued by Knox in a big way. If you like this author don't hesitate. If new to series start at beginning. Here be sexist vampires. Can not wait for next book. This author has become an auto purchase.

Gut Instincts: Dispatches from the Wide Open Space Between Sickness and Health (Kindle Single)
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written rant, January 4, 2015
No answers just questions and more about how it feels to be undiagnosed.

Horrible to imagine living with the problems and no known answers. I felt the authors pain and empathized with her as she tried everything with no answer.

I thought this would be about answers instead it was more questions. I was wondering why should could go off super strict diet and not have side effects, but be on it and have symptoms. Is she even diagnosed correctly at all,? Disheartening to think with everything she documented there is not some pattern or most frustrating an answer.

If I have these questions after a few minutes of reading, what does she suffer from living with a lifetime of non answers. This book takes you through her journey that she is still on with a very realistic and honest look about her feelings.

Sleep Tight
Sleep Tight
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A little predictable, January 1, 2015
This review is from: Sleep Tight (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the story but mostly had figured it out within the first couple chapters.

There were a couple of little twists, but not enough to make it a great book. I enjoyed it.

My rating system is 3 stars overall enjoyed but would not seek out other books by author.

4 stars, really like book and want to read more, but not this second.

5 stars, I am no sooner finishing than downloading the next one.

This was solid and based on interactions could see there may be more books with these characters, Tom and Becca. Just didn't connect enough with them to want to read more.

The actual characters Robert and Olivia , they never fully came to life. I never saw what he saw in her that made her so special. A few little tweaks that would have made this a much more engaging book. You never really felt for Dan either, just not enough of a fully formed character.

In His Shadow (Tangled Ivy Book 1)
In His Shadow (Tangled Ivy Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly In Love With It, December 30, 2014
This is one of those books that the whole time you are rooting for Devon you are wondering what on earth is wrong with women today. I know I shouldn't want him for Ivy, but I do.

I am the girl that thinks Christine should have picked the Phantom over Raul. I like the dark character and Devon should be awesome, but there is just something about him that even while I want him to be "IT", part of me hopes that Ivy will hook up with a nice boy. She has had a crappy life and she needs to be number 1 to someone, and while part of me think she IS number 1 to Devon, I can see where she wouldn't feel this way.

I could not quit reading this book, but my lack of being completely sold on Devon prevented me from giving it 5 stars. In the Kathleen Turner series I was quite happy with the results and she got the guy I rooted for the whole time. So in this series I hope A. Devon becomes more something, or B a great hero shows up for her.

Definite don't miss, looks like it will be a great series, but now I have to wait for next book - I hate this part.

The Mine (Northwest Passage Book 1)
The Mine (Northwest Passage Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, December 27, 2014
I normally don't read time travel books. This time I am so glad I did.

I almost put his book down in he first few chapters. I persevered and fell in love with the book about the time Joel hit Seattle. What a wonderful group of characters. I loved when he met his grandmother. The fact she was originally from Forest Grove was a bonus as I am 2 miles from there.

This book made me want to explore places. I always have lived going to places steeped in history. This book is making me look at places closer to home that way.

What an amazing time in history to transport to. Just before the attack on Pearl Harbor. Loved it. This did end up being a bit of a romance which surprised me.

I was very sad to leave these characters. I can not wait to read part 2. This is a complete story. There is no cliffhanger.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20