Profile for DinaC > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 364

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DinaC RSS Feed (OR USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Take a Breath (Take 1)
Take a Breath (Take 1)
Price: $1.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, August 27, 2014
I liked he story line but found the writing style a bit stiff. Persevered imagining the characters better. Jake could have been great, but he was not fleshed out properly. He had great alpha potential. Here was a great base but for me the writing style just lacked something. Was prepared for a solid 3 star like for the book and got to end.

What total bs. Made me hate the book. Only gave it 2 because I finished it. Read the whole thing. My advice skip it.

Scentsy, Just Breathe, Wickless Candle Tart Warmer Wax 3.2 Fl Oz, 8 Square
Scentsy, Just Breathe, Wickless Candle Tart Warmer Wax 3.2 Fl Oz, 8 Square
Offered by Kaitlyn s warehouse
Price: $7.00
8 used & new from $1.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A Favorite, August 14, 2014
I love this scent, I smell strong citrus with an undernote of mint. The scent does vary from person to person, my employee thinks it smells like Christmas ( I don't get that at all) but someone else said that they thought it smelled piney on reviews, so maybe.

I find this to be soothing and a great scent. If you don't like pine trees or citrus lemon types, pass, but if you love both it is a must have. It is a very strong fragrance, so I don't use quite 1 square for a small space

Cast in Blood (Morgan Blackstone Book 1)
Cast in Blood (Morgan Blackstone Book 1)
Price: $3.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to the next book, August 11, 2014
Fast paced and enjoyable, a little different twist on the Vampire genre to keep it fresh.

I have not read this genre in quite awhile because many books tend to be a rehash of a better book you already read. Not so with this one.

Morgan and Nicholai are already married which adds an interesting dimension in the fact they have been together for centuries and still love each other very much, not only that there relationship continues to grow and evolve.

They have an interesting mystery in what and why Morgan is suffering. Good supporting characters. I got this from the Kindle unlimited, but I would have no problem purchasing this book.

Sabotage '14 [HD]
Sabotage '14 [HD]
DVD
Price: $5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Gahhhhh, the cast fooled me into thinking it would be good - don't trust the trailer, August 10, 2014
I see a huge difference in the reviews here,and I think if you like:

Foul mouthed (some might call this gritty), predictable 1 dimensional characters blow crap up, have juvenile expletive filled banter and good guy gone bad - this might be for you. It seemed like it was trying and failing to be like a Tarantino flick. While I don't care for his movies, they are at least unpredictable. PS - the trailer might be only spot the f word isn't used.

I like big blow em up movies, I loved Last Stand - if you hated that - you might love this. But for fans like me that like there to be a good guy, this is a definite pass.

While possibly a more realistic movie, it falls short from having anything cohesive to hold it together. Perhaps gamers would like it; however, the story is so thin and implausible, that is just not worth watching.

I gave it 2 stars because I watched the whole thing, and some special effects were good. I wished I would have turned it off after first 1/2 hour, just because I felt like it was a waste of time. When you check to see how much longer they are going to drag this on, that it isn't a good sign. Some of the deaths seemed so incongruous, and at some point sober the heck up.

I didn't care about ANY of the characters, how hard is it to do that? Not make one someone relatable or likeable, and you just never care if any die, just roll your eyes and wonder how they are going to off the next one.

I made the mistake of thinking because of the cast it was a keeper and purchased it. Sadness. If you have to watch it wait until it is in 2,99 range. Or if everything I said you disagree with, buy it, You will love it.

Extinction Point (Extinction Point series Book 1)
Extinction Point (Extinction Point series Book 1)
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing but..., August 3, 2014
While I like the book overall I have some real problem with the heroine. I like that she isn't some uber survivalist type, but does she have to be so dumb?

Freaks out and washes her hands in bleach after touching the Red rain on jacket then sleeps under the same jacket? Kinda in the too stupid to live vein.

Lots of dumb things like this happen. I don't want to give spoilers but this girl doesn't have much common sense. From food choices to investigating things to almost anything. With all this I was still curious about what would happen. I am going to grab next installment because it is available on my kindle unlimited; however, I would not pay to continue.

Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels Book 7)
Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels Book 7)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book of series, July 29, 2014
I will not give spoilers. I will say this book so fat surpassed my expectations that I am in awe.

I need to 're read this book again to pick up on possible things I missed.

The dynamics are so good. I really enjoyed catching up with Derek. I missed Julie and I am glad she wasn't involved in this storyline except in abstract way.

I love love love the things Kate learned about herself. She has finally realized what is truly important and grown so much as a character. She is a better Kate thank we have ever had.

CURRAN stays amazing. Love him

Please read all of the books. You wouldn't be lost because they do a good job of describing things but you would miss out on nuances. Can not wait for next book.

Mr. Coffee BVMC-PSTX91 Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker, Black/Stainless Steel
Price: $62.10
20 used & new from $43.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Was faithful for 2 years then died, July 29, 2014
I loved and pampered this stupid machine for 2 years. I only put bottled water in it so it wouldn't get mineral deposits, I faithfully cleansed it with vinegar.

It gave me hot coffee. I like it not super hot, my husband likes it REALLY hot, after about 90 minutes he would need to microwave it and I thought it was finally coming out at a drinkable temperature. When I pour my first cup out of the pot as it finishes I only pour 1/2 a cup and let it sit for about 5 minutes before I can drink it.

Flavor was good. We really had no issues at all until this am. We hit the brew button and it gave us a high pitched shriek not unlike an enraged R2 Unit, the only way to shut it up was to unplug it.

I do feel a coffee maker should make it more than 2 years which is why it got 4 stars. That said, because I will have a back up carafe and all the filters already, I will be replacing it with same. I see that coffee makers have shorter shelf lives these days. But then we are pickier about our coffee now than we were before.

Crime in the Club (The Bound Detective Book 1)
Crime in the Club (The Bound Detective Book 1)
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars If you can make I through the 1st chapter, July 26, 2014
Oh wow. Awful. Jane is an admitted wretch. She thinks she is perfect and is the most unlikable arrogant character I have come across.

I hated her so much I quit reading on first chapter. Says she likes to cut through the bs then puts on a phony smile. She also thinks she is smarter, better and prettier than anyone. What a peach.

Total pass. Try the sample. Also it is shudder not shutter a shutter does not pass through the body, at least in las you are in a tornado. Then a shutter might pass through you.

How Dogs Love Us: A Neuroscientist and His Adopted Dog Decode the Canine Brain
How Dogs Love Us: A Neuroscientist and His Adopted Dog Decode the Canine Brain
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but key it is written by neuroscientist, July 26, 2014
I gleaned some great information amongst he science. I liked the conclusions and hope that he will continue to be able to learn more.

I ended up skimming to he interesting bits. As science is not my strongest suit I did not dwell on the brain bits,more the conclusions and theories. Liked the book overall, but some parts seemed repetitive. For instance going over and over how still they needed to stay in MRI. Got it, don't need it reiterated ever few paragraphs. A lo of time was spent on this and how they trained the dog.

I am glad I read it. Also glad it was on my unlimited plan.

Introductions: The Ghost Bird Series: #1 (The Academy)
Introductions: The Ghost Bird Series: #1 (The Academy)
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It was okay, July 26, 2014
The book took a while to get anywhere. Sang a previously invisible girl is all of a sudden befriended by a group of 7 guys and she has tension with all of them.

I guess to some girls this would be a dream come true. For me it was just an eye roll. Nothing good comes from 1girl and 7 guys. Not only that but every guy seems to want her.

This was a case of everything being a little too everything. If you are an adult that reads YA this would be a skip. It is more of a young person fantasy before they are old enough to realize no way would this work in real life.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20