Profile for Paul R. Edwards > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Paul R. Edwards "Paul and Sarah Edwards" RSS Feed (Frazier Park, CA)

Rip-Off
Rip-Off
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, September 22, 2013
This review is from: Rip-Off (Kindle Edition)
Ripoff is based on solid investigation, using her imagination to make realistic novels come to life. Having lived in Santa Monica, I appreciated especially liked her description of the city and insights of the city.

As more people discover her writing, she will become a foremost mystery novelist.

What's the Big Idea?: Reinventions for a Better America
What's the Big Idea?: Reinventions for a Better America
by Marty Nemko
Price: $13.50
24 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read book, June 2, 2012
Marty always writes books with significance in a way that is both informative and entertaining. This book is a guide to thinkinga about the future - something the middle class has always done and been the key to the future.

Starting a Collection Agency, how to make money collecting money (The Collecting Money Series Book 1)
Price: $21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Few people know the collection business as well as the author, April 3, 2012
Michelle Dunn has helped make access to the collection business to many people through her books and her work. She has been a helpful and reliable source of useful information to us in writing columns and books for years. You can't go wrong with Michelle's guidance.

How to Do Life: What they didn't teach you in school
How to Do Life: What they didn't teach you in school
by Marty Nemko
Price: $13.50
28 used & new from $12.18

5.0 out of 5 stars A first-rate guide for life planning, January 11, 2012
Drawing on his years of career coach as one of the nation's recognized experts in this field, Marty Nemmko shares his lifetime of experience for the benefit of any readers who has decisions, major or minor, about their life.

Web Sites Do-It-Yourself for Dummies
Web Sites Do-It-Yourself for Dummies
by Janine C. Warner
Price: $18.47
163 used & new from $0.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to its title, March 8, 2010
When you have a question about how to build a website, Do-It-Yourself Websites, lives up to its name. Instead of feeling puzzled by technical terms, they are clearly explained.I found the illustations, including the full-color templates helpful and when I looked something up in the index, I found it. Though I have had websites for years, I find this book helpful enough to keep on my desk.

Competitive Intelligence Advantage: How to Minimize Risk, Avoid Surprises, and Grow Your Business in a Changing World
by Seena Sharp
Price: $27.26
52 used & new from $17.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Valuable for small businesses, November 29, 2009
For a small business person who does his or her own business research, Chapter 9 alone makes this book worthwhile. Identifying and evaluating several dozen sources of information provides a ticket to being able to find critical information. I also liked the myth-busting chapter because from puncturing the notion that everything worth knowing can be found using Google to the false belief that you can't research private companies. Using this book, a small business person can get an advantage in making critical choices and decisions.

Writing Children's Books For Dummies
Writing Children's Books For Dummies
by Peter Economy
90 used & new from $1.92

5.0 out of 5 stars We recommend this book to anyone who wants to write children's book, September 12, 2009
Peter Economy, this time with Lisa Rojany Buccieri, writes another classic book - relevant, interesting, and of value to people who write or want to write children's books. In fact, we recommend Writing Children's Books for Dummies to anyone who, in seeking their "perfect work" expresses interest in writing books for children.

Paul Edwards
for Paul and Sarah Edwards

Getting Back to Work: Everything You Need to Bounce Back and Get a Job After a Layoff
by Linda K. Rolie
Price: $14.46
62 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Guidance one can use in difficult times, August 4, 2009
"If I were seeking a job, we'd turn to Linda Rolie's GETTING BACK To WORK. Its nuggets of advice demonstrate years of in-the-trench experience."

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-Changing Eye-Opener, March 18, 2008
Life-Changing Eye-Opener, March 18, 2008
By Sarah Anne Edwards"

I am amazed there are so few reviews of this DVD. It was the feature at a conference I attended three years ago and watching it was an eye-opening, life-changing event. Yes, we knew about the drawbacks of sprawl and its effects on the environment. Yada, yada. What we didn't know about was that our entire "non-negotiable" American way of life is perched on, if not already tipping over, the edge of collapse in the not so distant future as a result of world-wide fossil fuel depletion, among other things. The implications of this well-documented DVD affect nearly every aspect of our daily lives. Every American needs to see this. Few if any will like it. Many will discount it. But hopefully most of us will wake-up and realize that we need to get real busy, real fast safeguarding our own personal circumstances and electing officials at all levels of government who recognize the impending crises we face and have the courage to take needed action to address it. Granted the DVD goes on a bit long on the same points and verges occasionally into unnecessary political commentary. But what is being laid out here bears repeating and is not a political issue. It is a survival issue. Over the past 3 years my husband and I have made many decisions about our careers, finances, lifestyle choices, and every one has been influenced by what we learned from watching this documentary. If only we'd seen it a couple of years earlier we wouldn't be trying to compensate now for decisions we made before we knew what was at stake.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2009 8:43 AM PST

The Million Word Crossword Answer Book
The Million Word Crossword Answer Book
by Daniel Stark
Price: $15.69
90 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Aide, March 5, 2008
After going through a number of less useful crossword dictionaries, I have been using the past edition of this book for three years. I find it to be the most thorough and helpful. As the past edition aged I did find there were more current listings I was seeking that were not included, so this new edition has been eagerly awaited and appreciated. I can't imagine a more comprehensive crossword aide. I'm 100% happy with it.