Profile for D. Pollock > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Pollock RSS Feed (Scottsdale, Arizona)

VillaWare V5825 UNO S/S Classic 2-Slice Toaster
VillaWare V5825 UNO S/S Classic 2-Slice Toaster

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it looks, July 11, 2002
Some months ago, I bought a VillaWare UNO5825 two-slice toaster for about $100 at The Great Indoors. Like a foolish lover, I chose it for it's looks, not its integrity or durability. It never really toasted well from the beginning, but I was willing to overlook these "minor faults" in favor of it's Euro-sleek styling and my original investment. Within a few months it was only toasting on one side. (I was even willing to explain this away by suspecting that one of my kids had stuck a knife into it and shorted out the space-age, electronic elements...right!) Anyway, I tried to find some place I could take it for repair. The store refused it, and Villaware had no repair provisions except the factory, at my expense and ASSUMING it wasn't damaged by the customer in some way. I then decided to look up Villaware's website and write a letter to customer service for assistance. This is when I discovered that the exact same toaster was selling on-line for 30 bucks! Upon further investigation, I now realize that this price slashing is due in part to the fact that they either didn't sell or the word was on the street that inside that pretty wrapping was a piece of junk. Bottom line: give me a Sunbeam Toastmaster anyday!