Profile for Mamalinde > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 358

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mamalinde "mamalinde" RSS Feed (Dallas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tovolo Outdoor Wine Bamboo Table
Tovolo Outdoor Wine Bamboo Table
Price: $19.99
8 used & new from $11.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Whining about Wee Woobley Wine Table Playing Seesaw, August 13, 2013
SOBER UP! This Wee table wobbles so badly that that the intended use becomes quite a challenge. It will stand with 2 equally balanced wine glasses, but take one away and it becomes a seesaw. As for a bit of cheese and fruit with wine/whine, best forget that unless your reflexes are excellent, because it's going to skid one way or the other. Even totally sober -- and as other reviewers have noted -- the connection where the stake screws into the table can be a problem. The first time I attempted to use this at an outdoor concert, the ground was simply too hard. The table was put away, and I pulled it out to the pool the other day, thinking it would be perfect. Nope. It is now 2 months since purchase, second use, and I cannot return it. Another reviewer suggested a work-around with a washer, which will be my next project. In the meantime, thoroughly test your table as quickly as you receive it. It's such a terrific idea, it's attractive, folds flat and even comes in it's own little case -- and evidently works well for a lot of folks. Just an unlucky few have an issue?

GAME 8002 Solar Light Up Duck Pool Chlorinator
GAME 8002 Solar Light Up Duck Pool Chlorinator
Price: $24.99
9 used & new from $14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Solar Light Never Lit, June 22, 2013
He's cute. He floats around my pool dispensing chlorine. But he never did light up. Yes I could have returned him, but then I wouldn't of had my chlorine dispenser. Alas.

Your Present: A Half-Hour of Peace: A Guided Imagery Meditation for Physical & Spiritual Wellness
by Susie Mantell
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $8.04
25 used & new from $6.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality is an Issue, November 23, 2012
This CD was obviously a tape, and remastered somehow. It's not a good quality recording. That said, it will get me to sleep. I listen to it with volume low enough that the whispering just doesn't work.

Burnt Mountain
Burnt Mountain
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Living in a Time Warp, October 24, 2012
This review is from: Burnt Mountain (Kindle Edition)
For years and years I've anxiously bought up Ms. Siddon's novels. When they arrive, I'm cautious not to read too quickly but instead I dwell in them, I drink them in. Her characters live and breathe and with words she paints a landscape that puts the reader RIGHT there. And while Burnt Mountain offers the rich characters and the beautiful setting, there are more than a few dropped stitches in this book. Possibly this was something begun decades ago and updated, but not well? The glitches of time, together with the bizarre ending, left this reader with a sense that I'd been had.

Have You Seen Marie?
Have You Seen Marie?
by Sandra Cisneros
Price: $15.77
110 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Sad Serendipity, October 24, 2012
This review is from: Have You Seen Marie? (Hardcover)
"There is no getting over death, only learning how to travel alongside it." Saw the write up on this sweet book last week, promptly ordered a hard copy (despite being a Kindle owner) read it (very quickly) and found it lovely if a bit simplistic -- which is about the right level for someone in the midst of the ups and downs of losing a loved one. And then, I come to work and learn that a co-worker was suddenly widowed over the weekend. So, it has already been dispatched, with a card and I will buy another copy to have on hand.

Learning to Swim
Learning to Swim
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Price, October 10, 2012
This review is from: Learning to Swim (Kindle Edition)
Since it was free? $0.99? how can I complain? Well, it wasted hours of my life. Truthfully I wanted to like the book and found the characters well developed. I wanted a coherent story and thought it was possible until right at the end. The editing -- well, I suspect there was none. The story moves about in a very disjointed manner that I kept waiting to make sense of -- and didn't get there.

The Mill River Recluse
The Mill River Recluse

4.0 out of 5 stars A picture of sadness, March 25, 2012
Actually, i liked it. The story seemed real, somewhat.historical, sad -- as well as hopeful and kind. Worth the kindle price.

InSinkErator Evolution Compact 3/4 HP Household Garbage Disposer
InSinkErator Evolution Compact 3/4 HP Household Garbage Disposer
Offered by Deal_Hunter
Price: $82.55
41 used & new from $82.55

1.0 out of 5 stars Planned Obsolescence, November 29, 2010
Five years after purchasing this, not only has the motor burned up, but the bottom is just about to rust through. I don't find this acceptable, as the previous (Kenmore) model lasted more than 20 years. And those 20 years were the years spent with 6-8 people in the house, now it is just two of us. I'm disappointed to say the least, and absolutely FED UP with planned obsolescence. Obviously IT IS (or was?) possible to make a disposal that lasted a lot longer. I'm delving through reviews right now trying to find a replacement that is quality, but most of the review relate to installation and sound. Perhaps this will be helpful to those of you not wanting to relive this process five years from now?
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2013 7:05 AM PST

White with Diamond Rhinestone Soft Silicone Skin Gel Cover Case for Apple Iphone 3g 3gs

3.0 out of 5 stars Says White, But Really Semi-Transparent, June 4, 2010
LOVE this case, love love love it. Have completely worn one out (they get loose). Compliments all the time. But this isn't the white one I thought I was replacing, more a translucent color that would look fab on a white iPhone, but not as classy as my aging white one. So, if you get a REAL white one, let me know, and I'll try again. In the meantime, I found a good home for this one and she is tickled to bits with it.

The Godmother
The Godmother
by Carrie Adams
109 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Crisp and Witty and All About Friendship, March 4, 2008
This review is from: The Godmother (Hardcover)
A crisp and witty British offering, with clever dialogue and a tale of deep and caring friendships. With four god-children from the newborn twins Bobby and Tommy, to the elfin and adorable Cora and the teenaged angst of Caspar, Tessa manages to connect with each child although her own biological clock is ticking louder by the minute. Cora and Caspar are delightfully realistic, and Tessa's friendships are shaken to the very core. A wonderful escape, thought provoking and ... hopeful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20