Profile for Rachel A. Dale > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rachel A. Dale RSS Feed (Bloomington, IN United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Room A Rang, Soft Indoor Boomerang
Room A Rang, Soft Indoor Boomerang
Offered by Smiling Toys
Price: $6.56
12 used & new from $1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., December 30, 2013
This won't probably last forever, but we are certainly enjoying for now! I think the adults have used it as much as the kids! Fun toy.

Super Why: Jack and the Beanstalk
Super Why: Jack and the Beanstalk
Offered by Clyde Parks
Price: $23.92
15 used & new from $2.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Winner!, December 30, 2013
The kids have loved all of the Super Why shows and these are no exception. They have learned a lot about letters and reading!

Welcome Home, Anna Hibiscus!
Welcome Home, Anna Hibiscus!
by Atinuke
28 used & new from $2.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner!, December 30, 2013
We love all the Anna Hibiscus books. They are worth having in your home collection. Amazing look at another culture. Sweet, touching, funny, and enlightening.

Hospitology Heavenly Microfiber Goose Down Alternative Duvet Insert/Comforter, 64-Inch by 86-Inch, Twin
Offered by Hospitology

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, December 30, 2013
This is absolutely perfect! It is very cozy, soft, and warm. Just as importantly, it is lightweight enough to be used in summer time. My son LOVES it! (And so does his jealous sister.) :) We'll be getting another one soon.

Anna Hibiscus
Anna Hibiscus
by Atinuke
32 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Why can't I give it 10 stars!?!?!?, October 20, 2013
This review is from: Anna Hibiscus (Paperback)
Where do I even begin?
I LOVE the Anna Hibiscus series! I am always trying to find gentle chapter books for my preschool-aged daughter to enjoy, and it is quite a challenge. I just stumbled onto the first Anna Hibiscus book, and we were immediately hooked. The author is an amazing storyteller. There are wonderful illustrations on every page, which is so nice as your are transitioning into chapter books.

The stories are sweet, entertaining, educational, humorous, and touching. I love that my daughter is getting a glimpse of what life is like in other places around the world. You see a beautiful picture of a loving middle class family and also the realism of the intense poverty that exists right outside their doors. What an incredible teaching tool to use with young children.

The only draw-back is that my daughter gets a little irritated by all of my crying....it delays the continuation of the story more often than she would like. :)
These are beautiful stories with great life lessons.
I cannot recommend Anna Hibiscus highly enough.

The Thief (The Queen's Thief, Book 1)
The Thief (The Queen's Thief, Book 1)
by Megan Whalen Turner
Price: $6.29
180 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could give this 10 stars!, September 5, 2013
READ THIS BOOK!

I was so impressed when I read this book! It is so unique! I never REALLY knew what was coming, although I sometimes thought I did. It's just a really great read. I consumed the entire series in a week. Not because I read quickly, but because I just couldn't stop reading.
Highly recommended.

The Real Princess
The Real Princess
by Brian Williams
27 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A very fun read!, March 18, 2013
This review is from: The Real Princess (Hardcover)
Both my 4 and 2-year-old really enjoy this book. We always appreciate a non-traditional fairy tale / princess story. There are many teachable moments in the book and the illustrations are great fun! We've read it many times and I expect we'll read it many more.

Where Does Joe Go?
Where Does Joe Go?
by Tracey Campbell Pearson
48 used & new from $3.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, March 4, 2013
This review is from: Where Does Joe Go? (Paperback)
I have read this book a dozen times over the last few days. My 4 and 2-year-old both love it! It's a cute concept with a nice rhythm for reading. I love that the kids get a little glimpse of sites from around the world, and my children, of course, love the surprise ending (even when it's no longer a surprise.) :)
Highly recommended!

Boy and Bot
Boy and Bot
by Ame Dyckman
Price: $12.79
81 used & new from $4.78

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT read! (And re-read & re-read & re-read...), January 14, 2013
This review is from: Boy and Bot (Hardcover)
My two and four-year-old both ADORE this book. We read dozens of new books every week, and this one definitely stood out. It's the book they have asked for every time we sit down to read.

The story is simple and sweet, with humorous elements as well. It makes an excellent read-aloud. The illustrations are perfect for this charming tale. I'm online right now, looking for more books by this author. I was appalled to see the 3-star review and had to give my own opinion before I could continue with my task.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone with toddlers or preschoolers!

PS. It would probably make a great kindergarten story-time book too!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book for all ages!!!, August 29, 2012
I just recently read this book with 1, 4, 5, 7, and 9-year-old kids piled all around me. I'm 33 and everyone of us was laughing. What a clever and hilarious story! We read it until my four-year-old had it memorized.....and then kept right on reading. I would HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4