Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Lisa Bieler > Reviews

Browse

Lisa Bieler's Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lisa Bieler RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA)

Page: 1 | 2
The Ladies' Room
The Ladies' Room
Price: $0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars A book for older Christian-leaning romantic ladies, the more Southern the better, August 2, 2014
This review is from: The Ladies' Room (Kindle Edition)
This book was pretty ridiculous (in my scope of reading.) I'm in my later 40s and this book has its lead character turning 40. She acts and speaks as though she is sixty-five or seventy (or how a 65-70 year old thinks a 40 year old should act or speak.) I scrolled to the front to see if this book had been written in the 1950s, but no. Occasionally a modern device will pop up, such as a cell phone or a laptop. She's 40 and lives in a house for months without a computer? Has to pick up a Go-Phone because she chucked hers into a ditch? I'm older than she is, and I have devices for days.

Really, what 40 year old woman in the sweaty/humid South squeezes herself into stockings and a silk black (or other respectable color) suit on a daily basis, outside of a funeral (where the story starts) or investment banking firm? Her "breakout" clothes are something my mother (65) wouldn't even wear- everyone in her town is so shocked that she would wear a red garment with a PARROT on the skirt to church. Red kitten heels? The horror! She eschews Versace and Liz Claiborne (how can those two very disparate designers be mentioned in the same sentence) at the Dallas Neiman Marcus where she shops in paint spattered capris and a raggedy t-shirt with a man who wears bib overalls and a pressed chambray shirt (really, how many times does she have to mention this.) Gad, I'm super casual, but I know not to go to a top flight department store in raggedy old jeans and a hole-y t-shirt.

Anyhow, if you are an older (60+) romantic Christian-leaning woman, this book might interest you.

The story is sweetly written, but the characters seem 20 years too old as they are written. It's all nicely tied up in a bow. The Christianity isn't overbearing, and while I eventually got that this couple wasn't going to tumble into the sack and get all sexy sweaty in the course of the book, I didn't mind it, because I kept picturing one of my elderly friends from church as the main characters rather than people who are half a decade younger than me. I do like that she stops taking crap from her simpering cousins, bratty adult daughter, and slutty ex-husband, as well as the adulterous elderly women in her town (those who were given jewelry from her skeezy Uncle Lonnie.)

It's hard to imagine that 39-40 year old life in Oklahoma is so backward that their young people think, talk, and act in such a way that they sound older than my mother (maybe more like my grandmother who passed away ten years ago.)
Comment Comments (31) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2016 7:01 PM PDT

STK's Canon NB-7L Battery Pack - 1600mAh for Canon Powershot SX30 IS, G12, SX30IS, G11, G10, Cannon, CB-2LZ, NB7L
Offered by SterlingTEK
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, January 21, 2014
Product was as advertised. Shipped promptly. Packaging was fine. Nothing was wrong with the camera battery, and it charged properly. It is not labeled Canon (contrary to listing title)- it is a generic battery.

Samsung 1 Amp wall Power (AC) Adapter with Detachable Micro USB Data Cable (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by OEM 4 LESS
Price: $5.92
6 used & new from $1.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away. These are not as described., November 30, 2013
These are not genuine Samsung and are not 1 Amp. The adapter is clearly marked 0.7 Amp and the micro USB cable is not the style Samsung supplies with their Galaxy S3 or S4 phones. If I wanted a cheap knock off, I would have purchased a cheap knock off.

LIME GREEN Cady Cube Ultra Durable Tactical Messenger Bag fits Samsung Chromebook 2 11.6' & Chromebook 11.6 inch
Offered by vangoddy store (Ships from USA)
Price: $26.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Super Ugly and Cheap Looking, October 23, 2013
If you have any sense of fashion, this is not the item for you. The handles are extremely plastic-looking, and there is a bad odor to the product. I'm not particularly high fashion, but I wouldn't even expect a first grader to carry something this ugly. Sorry. I guess it was as described, but ugly wasn't in the description.

2000 Blank Hot Pink Single Roll Consecutively Numbered Raffle Tickets
2000 Blank Hot Pink Single Roll Consecutively Numbered Raffle Tickets
Offered by Big City Bargains (US Merchant)
Price: $7.25
6 used & new from $3.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted., May 9, 2013
The sale was quick, shipping was perfect, and the tickets were exactly what I wanted. The listing describes them perfectly. I have a lot of happy fourth graders who get to participate in our classroom raffle.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Burning rubber, burned fingers, May 9, 2013
There is no way to give zero stars, or this product would have zero.

Charger was plugged in for first time tonight- son called me in due to strange smell. Smelled of hot plastic and burning rubber- picked up charger and burned fingers.

Beware that this product is dangerous and might cause your house to catch on fire.

SpiceStor Organizer Rack 20 Cabinet Door Spice Clips
SpiceStor Organizer Rack 20 Cabinet Door Spice Clips
Price: $9.98
22 used & new from $8.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh. Not for Penzey's spices!, April 8, 2013
I suppose if you use McCormick's spices exclusively, this would be an adequate product. I had only 2 of the larger McCormick's spice bottles, so this set was overkill. The Penzey's bottles are just a smidge too big for the holder.

Also, my cabinet doors are not flat, so only four would fit across in the recessed space.

I will not be using them, and it's not really worth it to send back. I'll have to regift them to someone with different taste in spices.

The Man in the Red Bandanna
The Man in the Red Bandanna
by Honor Fagan
Price: $12.95
34 used & new from $3.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Man in the Red Bandana - tearjerker, February 26, 2013
Loved this true tale of heroism on 9/11, told in a way kids can understand. Lovely illustrations!

I cried big fat tears of Welles' heroic efforts at the World Trade Center.

6 Piece Endless Summer Coaster Set
6 Piece Endless Summer Coaster Set
Offered by SHIPSHOP
Price: $13.79
6 used & new from $13.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Coasters are lovely, February 26, 2013
This review is from: 6 Piece Endless Summer Coaster Set
I have several sets of coasters from Pimpernel and have always been pleased with their quality. These are no exception.

Bling Jewelry Royal Wedding Inspired Halo Rhinestone Tiara Silver Plated
Bling Jewelry Royal Wedding Inspired Halo Rhinestone Tiara Silver Plated
Offered by Bling Jewelry
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Chintzy tiara, February 26, 2013
I wasn't going to review this inferior product, but the seller has sent me four emails requesting one.

The tiara is very flimsy and poorly made. It is also very small, and doesn't span the head, rather perches on top.

It is still sitting in the box waiting to be returned. Shame to lose the shipping costs, but I don't want it.

Page: 1 | 2