Profile for Renaissance Woman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Renaissance Woman "Renaissance Woman" RSS Feed (Oregon City, OR USA)

Who am I? Guess the Pixel Character Quiz
Who am I? Guess the Pixel Character Quiz
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars okay, March 17, 2015
It's okay but should give a free clue if you're clearly having trouble, or move on to the next character after a few tries.

Ballykissangel Episode #1.1
Ballykissangel Episode #1.1
DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but get it free at your library..., October 20, 2012
Fun series. I enjoyed season 1, but found that season 2 is when the characters really started developing (and Assumpta was way less harsh, which helped one to feel endeared toward her more).

After running into Amazon trouble at the end of season 3, and no fix in sight, I just found out that my local library carries the ENTIRE SERIES.

So folks, before paying to download each episode, I'd suggest checking your library to see if you can get it for free!

Looking forward to the last couple of episodes of season 3 from my library copy, which, along with the rest of the series, are unable to be downloaded from Amazon.

Love You Forever
Love You Forever
by Robert Munsch
Price: $3.45
669 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Always chokes me up, October 24, 2009
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
This is a sweet bedtime book that touches my heart every time I read it to my children - both my husband and I always find it hard to finish without choking up a little at the end! My two girls are 2 and 4 and don't understand yet why mommy finds it hard to read those last couple of pages! But seriously, this is a wonderful book for children and adults alike. For those who found it 'creepy', my only comment is that you're not supposed to take every part of the story literally. Yes, it would be strange if a mother drove across town to her adult son's apartment, climbed a ladder and snuck in. This part is supposed to represent his memories and not actual events. Bascially, the story is supposed to touch a different part of you - not just your brain.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
DVD
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It could have been so much more...., May 13, 2009
This could have been a terrific movie if only the story had more to bite into. I found the final scenes - where all of the electricity goes out, were about the most profound. I've been a fan of Keanu Reeves but losing respect for his acting abilities. He plays pretty much the same character he always plays - serious, deep, all-knowing and unmoved. Surely he can do something more challenging with his career!

How to Make Your Own Organic Cosmetics: Soap and Scent: Recipes for Natural Beauty
by Gill Farrer-Halls
24 used & new from $6.60

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money. Get a more detailed soap making book., February 12, 2009
This book is clearly a marketing aid for a small number of suppliers listed in the Appendix. It is not a skin care recipe book. It tells you VERY briefly how to make cold processed soaps but the rest is full of pretty pictures and what essential oil to mix in what pre-made base - all of which you have to buy. It does not show you how to make any products in the sense that you have control over what goes in it. This book is ALSO a carbon-copy of another exact same book by the same publisher "Natural Beauty Recipe Book" (they got me twice!) Clearly this is a marketing aid for the suppliers. Don't waste your money. You can find WAY more (and free) detailed recipes and information about hand-made natural beauty products.

Natural Beauty Recipe Book: How to Make Your Own Organic Cosmetics and Beauty Products
by Gill Farrer-Halls
25 used & new from $49.84

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, it's not a real skin care recipe book., February 12, 2009
This book is clearly a marketing aid for the small number of suppliers listed in the Appendix. It is not a skin care recipe book. It's full of pretty pictures, but all it does is tell you what essential oil to mix in a ready made base - all of which you have to buy. It does not show you how to make any products in the sense that you have control over what goes in it. This book is ALSO a carbon-copy of another exact same book by the same publisher "Soap and Scent: Recipes for Natural Beauty" (they got me twice!) Clearly this is a marketing aid for the suppliers. Don't waste your money. You can find WAY more (and free) detailed recipes and information about hand-made natural beauty products.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2012 8:57 AM PST

Extech PH100 ExStik 0.00 to 14.00-PH Waterproof Meter
Extech PH100 ExStik 0.00 to 14.00-PH Waterproof Meter
Price: $74.79
18 used & new from $68.99

3.0 out of 5 stars So So pH Meter, December 1, 2008
I have been using this instrument for 4 years and found that for the most part it works okay, however at times it has been known to suddenly stop working (it doesn't give a reading above 1 and/or has a strange flashing symbol in place of a number) for no apparent reason. In 4 years I've sent 2 units back to the manufacturer who sent replacements, but did not explain what was wrong or how to avoid future problems. I take good care of the instrument - cleaning, calibrating and storing correctly. The unit stopped working again a couple of weeks ago and I have to assume it needs a new electrode, even though there was no 'RENEW' signal (I've never actually seen the symbol the whole time I've used the meter). I do find I'm left guessing about what to do to make the meter work again if it packs up! Something else that bothers the heck out of me is that the electrode needs to be replaced fairly often (every 6 months - using it on average 2 to 4 times per week) - and $39+ each time hurts (and forget the refillable model too - never worked again after it needed refilling).