Profile for J. Trimble > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Trimble RSS Feed (Central Texas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Go Add Value Someplace Else: A Dilbert Book
Go Add Value Someplace Else: A Dilbert Book
by Scott Adams
Price: $16.07
53 used & new from $11.08

3.0 out of 5 stars How It Probably Happened, November 16, 2014
(Phone rings at Scott Adams' house): Ring ring!
Scott: Hello and how did you get my phone number?
Publisher: Hi Scott it's your book publisher.
Scott: Oh hi. Is my new book coming out soon?
Publisher: That's what I wanted to speak to you about. Your books just aren't making us the same amount of money as they used to make us. Basically the same number of dolts are buying whatever you put out, but our costs are going up.
Scott: And what does that have to do with me and the price of tea in China?
Publisher: We were thinking you could be, you know, funnier, and more people would buy your books.
Scott: Well I don't see that happening any time soon. After 20-some books...
Publisher: Actually this will be book number 42.
Scott: Really? I mean, yeah, after 41 books, I'm pretty much phoning it in now. But I have a great idea.
Publisher: We're wide open for new ideas.
Scott: What is the cost difference between a paperback and a hardback book?
Publisher: It's about a buck or so.
Scott: So I'm thinking, you make it with a hard cover. Costs you a buck more, but you can list price it for an extra SEVEN bucks! The same number of dolts buy the book and you bring in an extra six on the back end!
Publisher: Scott, WHY did I ever doubt you? You are a true genius.
Scott: I know. This kind of stuff comes naturally.

Plantronics Voyager Legend Eartip Kit - Non-Retail Packaging - Medium - Black
Plantronics Voyager Legend Eartip Kit - Non-Retail Packaging - Medium - Black
Price: $5.87
33 used & new from $1.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, November 16, 2014
These are fine, but too big for my ears. See my review for the small ones for more information.

Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray + DVD)
Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray + DVD)
DVD ~ Tom Cruise
Price: $14.99
52 used & new from $12.79

5.0 out of 5 stars great script, fantastic photography and special effects, November 16, 2014
Quality actors, great script, fantastic photography and special effects, and great story. I really liked this movie.

Plantronics Voyager Legend Eartip Kit - Non-Retail Packaging - Small - Black
Plantronics Voyager Legend Eartip Kit - Non-Retail Packaging - Small - Black
Price: $6.40
34 used & new from $1.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Good For The Price!, November 16, 2014
These are good for the price. The foam is thin so it ripped after only about three weeks, but there are three in there so you get 9 weeks for this low price, not bad. The plastic part is really nice. I like these. In the picture I attached, you can see the ripped one on the left. It just split one day; there was no abuse, just the normal "put it on, take it off" use of the Plantronics device.

Internal Generic DVD-RW Burner For Dell Latitude X300,X1,D400,D410, D500, D505, D510, D520, D530, D600, D610, D620, D630, D800, D810, D820, D830, Precision M60, Inspiron 300m, 505m, 500m, 510m, 600m, 610m, 8500, 8600, 9100, XPS
Offered by Power-Optical
Price: $28.49
12 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly, December 20, 2013
Inserted it in the Drive Bay and booted up. BIOS said hello and liked it. Windows said hello and liked it. Burned a full 4GB plethora of files of wildly varying file types to a blank DVD+R disc. It took a long while, but after it was done, I inserted the burned DVD into my desktop system and I was able to copy all 4GB of those files to my Desktop hard drive.

This is the real deal.

Hershey's Halloween Snack Size Candy Assortment, 50 Count
Hershey's Halloween Snack Size Candy Assortment, 50 Count
Price: $6.96
9 used & new from $6.96

5.0 out of 5 stars For The Kids, December 20, 2013
The kid's faces would light up as I put these into their bags last Halloween. What more do you need?

Reese's Snack Size Assortment, 30-Piece, 16.7-Ounce Bags (Pack of 3)
Reese's Snack Size Assortment, 30-Piece, 16.7-Ounce Bags (Pack of 3)
Price: $15.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum, December 20, 2013
Yummy. I enjoyed these so much over Halloween I bought another bag for a family get-together we had. The kids loved the Pieces, I love the Fast Breaks, and everyone loves the Cups. YUM!

Pop-Tarts, (Not Frosted) Blueberry, 8-Count Tarts (Pack of 12), 14.7-ounce
Pop-Tarts, (Not Frosted) Blueberry, 8-Count Tarts (Pack of 12), 14.7-ounce
Price: $38.28
4 used & new from $38.28

2.0 out of 5 stars Busted Up, December 20, 2013
I'll start by saying "they taste just fine". They really do. Here comes the "However"...

They taste just fine. However, I have opened 5 boxes so far and all of them have cracked pop-tarts! They aren't in pieces, but it only takes a bump to make them that way. There are cracks running through them, weakening the structure. Now imagine putting these cracked pop-tarts into the toaster... Now imagine trying to carefully remove these cracked - and now very hot - pop-tarts FROM the toaster. It almost isn't worth the effort. I have had to flip my toaster over the trashcan every day since I got these pop-tarts.

I thought about contacting Amazon for a refund or replacement or whatever, but I figured Amazon would blame UPS, UPS would blame the Amazon warehouse, the Amazon warehouse would blame Kellogg's, Kellogg's would blame Amazon, and I would end up getting dental work done from gritting my teeth in frustration.

I would not recommend buying pop-tarts from Amazon. Just go to the grocery and buy them. Your toaster will thank you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2014 12:37 AM PST

Amazon.com Store Card
Amazon.com Store Card

5.0 out of 5 stars How About That Website, August 6, 2013
I decided there were enough reviews about the card itself and the use and non-use of the card. This review is about the Website. I pay almost everything online, such as utilities, rent, credit cards, etc., and I really do like the website for the Amazon.com store card. I really do not understand why all creditors do not have that little box with "recent transactions" on the front page. Most credit card sites, if you want to see what is recent, you have to click-click-click to find it. The Account Summary is perfectly laid out in logical order. I love not having to look all over the page for simple information like credit remaining and last payment information. It's great! AMAZON: If some fancy-pants Web Designer tells you they can "improve" the layout, please tell them "no". It is done right and does not need to be changed.

Farm-direct: 100% Kona Coffee, Medium Roast, Whole Beans, 1 Lb
Farm-direct: 100% Kona Coffee, Medium Roast, Whole Beans, 1 Lb
Offered by BLUE HORSE KONA COFFEE
Price: $30.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It Is Hard To Describe The Love, March 5, 2013
I made my first pot of this Kona this morning. The hardware: 6-month-old standard Mr. Coffee high-quality drip coffee maker, and a high-quality burr grinder. The grind: medium with small chunks and almost no powder. Water: Texas tap water through Pur filter/pitcher. The brew: 5 slightly heaping teaspoons of freshly-ground Blue Horse Kona.(I like it strong but not THICK)

Nose: smooth coffee aroma with cinnamon-vanilla hints
Taste: Pure pleasure. No bitter, no green. Warm, rich smokiness, perhaps a little dark chocolate in there. It is so smooth I almost couldn't feel it in my mouth. Amazing!

A decade or so ago, I visited my parents in California. A friend of theirs had just gotten back from Hawaii the afternoon before. As he was headed to the airport in Hawaii that morning, he stopped and bought some Kona that had literally just been roasted, to bring back with him. When he got back and found out I love Kona coffee, he invited us over for coffee from that batch. It was the best cup of Kona I have ever had.

My cup of Blue Horse coffee this morning was the second best cup of Kona I have ever had. Period.

Thank you Blue Horse for an absolutely AWESOME experience!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4