Profile for F. Wong > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 99

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

F. Wong RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for iPhone 6 (4.7 Display) Clear
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for iPhone 6 (4.7 Display) Clear
Price: $34.95
10 used & new from $27.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Well designed case that fits the iPhone 6 perfectly. Clear case doesn't provide enough grip. And why 2 holes in the back?, October 3, 2014
A well designed case that fits the iPhone 6 perfectly. There are two things that keep me from giving it the full 5-stars...(1) There are 2 square holes cut out of the back of the case for no apparent reason. These holes don't line up with anything (it shows about 1/3 of the apple logo, and about 1/4 of the "iPhone" title)...Why? A continuous back would've provided better protection. Now, these holes are just 2 ways for dust/dirt/scratches to get to the back of the phone. And (2) The clear plastic is glossy/smooth which doesn't give enough friction for a firm grip.

Cover up the 2 holes in the back, and add some texture to the glossy plastic panel, and it would be 5-stars for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2014 4:53 PM PDT

TRIPP LITE SK120USB Mini Travel Surge 3 Outlet Dual 2.1 amp USB Port Charger for Tablet and Smartphones 120V
Price: $18.50
52 used & new from $13.15

5.0 out of 5 stars The Tripp Lite is part of my daily gear-bag, September 24, 2014
Very pleased with the Tripp Lite. This is permanently part of my daily gear-bag for the office. The 2.1A USB ports charge my iPhone 5s as fast as the real Apple adapter, and it has no problems charging my other USB devices (external battery pack, wifi hotspot).

The best feature of this charger is the folding electrical prongs which lay flat when transporting. I used to carry the Belkin adapter with the rotating plug, but these were not suitable for packing since the prongs permanently stuck out.

Hot Newest Ipad 2/3/4 Case Silicone Plastic Kid Proof Extreme Duty Dual Protective Back Cover with Kickstand and Sticker for Ipad 4/3/2 - Rainproof Sandproof Dust-proof Shockproof (Black)
Offered by Pepkoo
Price: $14.03
31 used & new from $9.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-built case for the price, with one flaw, September 24, 2014
I installed this case on an iPad 2, and generally the fit is very good. All clips and edges line up well, and the additional flexible bumper surrounds the edges and provides adequate protection. The rotating clip which holds the stand feels less-than-premium, and I don't think it will last as long as the rest of the case (not subtracting any stars for this)

But the reason I'm subtracting 1-star is because the edges and corners of the touch-screen lose their sensitivity. I have a very difficult time choosing buttons or dragging items up to the edges of the iPad. This becomes a problem most often with the pull-up system menus in the later iOS version...its very difficult to make this menu work with the case on.

I do not have this problem with another case I purchased for my iPad Air,the New Trent Gladius. However, that case cost almost 3x as much, so it should be better.

Even with the one flaw, I still would recommend this case because it seems like a good value in the under $20 price-range.

Note: It was a puzzle to install the iPad when the case arrived. They place the instructions which describe how to open the case...IN THE CASE! Google for a how-to video before starting.

Planet Bike Beamer 5 LED Bicycle Light with Quick Cam Bracket Mount
Planet Bike Beamer 5 LED Bicycle Light with Quick Cam Bracket Mount
Offered by Zbikenut
Price: $28.50
36 used & new from $24.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Get noticed in the daytime - best used between sunrise and sunset, September 9, 2014
Bright enough to be seen at long distances even at daytime. I will no longer bike on public roads without this.

Note: As other reviewers have noted, this is not bright enough to be the sole source of light for biking after sunset. It's best used for safety purposes to improve visibility between sunrise and sunset

Smartphone Headset to PC Adapter - Use a 3.5mm iPhone/Smartphone Headset With Your PC, Converts 3.5mm Plug to Dual Mic/Audio 3.5mm, for Skype/VOIP (01-PH35-PC35)
Offered by Able Provider
Price: $4.89
12 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Cable worked perfectly with my HP Laptop and the 3-button Apple earbuds, September 9, 2014
I couldn't use a bluetooth headset or a USB headset due to restrictions on what can be connected to my office laptop. So I had to use a larger wired headset which took up too much space in my backpack. This small cable allows me use the same Apple earbuds I use for my iPhone with the HP laptop -- works perfectly. Definitely worth $5.

Etymotic Research ER20 ETY-Plugs Hearing Protection Earplugs, Standard Fit, Clear Stem with Blue Tip (Light Blue)
Price: $13.19
28 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars My thoughts on the Etymotic plugs vs. DownBeats Plugs, September 3, 2014
Huge improvement over cheap foam ear plugs - if you want to hear more music, step up to the Etymotics.

I also ordered the comparable DownBeats ear plugs at the same time for comparison...so the rest of my comments is a comparison between the two...

To my ears -- the DownBeats and Etymotic ER20s provided equal sound quality at reduced volumes. So for me, the choice comes down to their physical traits:

Etymotic Research ER20:

Smaller white Plugs
Harder to remove because they are so small
Less visible when inserted
No neck strap

Summary:
Pick the Downbeats if you want to be discrete when wearing ear plugs
Pick the Etymotic if you want larger colorful plugs with a cord (easier to find if they drop)

DownBeats Reusable High Fidelity Hearing Protection: Ear Plugs for Concerts, Music, and Musicians (Blue)
Offered by DownBeats
Price: $13.95
2 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My thoughts on the DownBeats vs. Etymotics, September 3, 2014
Huge improvement over cheap foam ear plugs - if you want to hear more music, step up to the DownBeats.

I also ordered the Etymotic Research ER20 ear plugs at the same time for comparison...so the rest of my comments is a comparison between the two...

DownBeats:

Larger/colorful plugs
Easy to remove
More visible
Comes with a Cord to connect the plugs

Summary:
Pick the Downbeats if you want to be discrete when wearing ear plugs

Kryptonite Kryptolok Series 2 Standard Bicycle U-Lock with Transit FlexFrame Bracket (4-inch x 9-inch) with 4-Foot Flex Cable
Price: $38.00
43 used & new from $34.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Lock, Great Cable - Bracket? Not so great, August 18, 2014
Disappointed in this purchase - Love the lock (used Kryptonite locks before). The Cable is as strong as you would expect. But the bracket is worthless to me. I usually have no trouble building or attaching anything...but I gave up on this. There was no good way to mount this bracket on my Trek bike so the lock is removeable and still have room for a bottled water.

I wish I could have the lock with me all the time, but I can't. So .. I carry the lock/cable in a lightweight backpack when I know I need it - and leave the lock/cable at home when I don't.

Sony MDRZX100 ZX Series Stereo Headphones (White)
Sony MDRZX100 ZX Series Stereo Headphones (White)
Offered by Smart Deal
Price: Click here to see our price
138 used & new from $7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Good-enough sound for under $20. The only over-the-ear headphones I've found that works for my child, August 18, 2014
I had trouble finding headphones for my 8yo (now 10yo). This is my second set of these headphones...lost the first.. No ear buds would not work, and most headphones weren't designed for children. I was pleasantly surprised to find that these fit a child's head really well. They can be adjusted to be small enough to stay put.

The sound quality isn't that great - but definitely adequate for the $17 price that I paid.

TERRO Outdoor Liquid Ant Bait  6 pack  T1806
TERRO Outdoor Liquid Ant Bait 6 pack T1806
Price: $7.97
23 used & new from $5.92

5.0 out of 5 stars TERRO works!, August 18, 2014
TERRO works! I had an ant colony outside a window that was a pretty tough bunch of insects. Prior attempts to control them only worked for a few days before they would come back. After reading lots of reviews online, I decided to give this a try. It took about 4 days before the ants discovered the bait...but once they did I saw a regular number of customers...It wasn't a swarm of them as some described...but there were always about 4-6 ants crawling around the bait. About 7 days after seeing that activity, I had zero ants entering the house. So as far as I can tell, I have TERRO to thank for that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10