Profile for Stephanie Williams > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stephanie Williams RSS Feed

Snowpiercer
Snowpiercer
DVD
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Film, July 13, 2014
This review is from: Snowpiercer (Amazon Instant Video)
I have never wrote an Amazon review, but wanted to for this.

A friend told me about this movie and after watching the trailer I was very interested. This was one of the best post apocalyptic movies I have seen in a long while. I just loved it.

The style of movie and cinematography may not be for everyone. SOME of the scenes kinda/sorta reminded me of a Terry Gilliam type, 12 Monkeys/Brazil "off" style. It's also long (by today's standards) and the story unfolds slowly. I loved and appreciated these aspects of the movie myself, but I wanted to put that out there just in case someone knows they don't like that sort of thing.

I also am amused that this is an English language, Korean film based on a French graphic novel.

Vegan Meals for One or Two: Your Own Personal Recipes
Vegan Meals for One or Two: Your Own Personal Recipes
by Nancy Berkoff
Price: $12.90
56 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving this! Great for vegans that live with non-supportive people..., February 2, 2009
This book is simple and anything i have made so far has been tasty. I esp liked the Smoky Black Beans. The "Better Than Beef Stew" was also a hit.

The recipes can use some additional seasoning, but the book even says that the recipes are mild so people can adjust easily to personal taste.

This is great of veg couples (like my situation) but also, young vegans that live at home with parents that are not the supportive. I hear it a lot "I want to be vegan but my mom doesn't want to cook extra meals/buy food ect" These are simple and easy. Teen vegans should have a problem cooking their own meals and the portions are prefect. Also, many of the ingredients (aside from some fake meats here and there) are common easy to find, already in the kitchen and not expensive.

The Ultimate Vegan Guide: Compassionate Living Without Sacrifice
The Ultimate Vegan Guide: Compassionate Living Without Sacrifice
by Erik Marcus
29 used & new from $0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A great simple guide to the basics!, February 2, 2009
I really enjoyed this book. Erik's first book "Vegan: The New Ethics of Eating" is what originally got me to go vegan in the first place. His writing style is simple and accessible. Unfortunately, after a year i had a bit of a spotty vegan record.

I decided i needed to recommit and proly just lost sight of why i went vegan in the first place. I re-read "Vegan" and got this book too. I am right back on track.

This is not only a GREAT read for someone interested in Veganism, it is great for relatively new vegans also. It has some great simple advice on how to prepare yourself and your life for the change. I really loved that chapter that dealt with cravings.

It's a wonderful introduction to living a cruelty free and compassionate lifestyle :D Thanks Erik for writing another winner!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2012 4:29 AM PDT

Aliens: DNA War (Aliens (Dark Horse))
Aliens: DNA War (Aliens (Dark Horse))
by Diane Carey
23 used & new from $5.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, August 22, 2008
A good fun read. I enjoyed it and it kept my interest. Not the best I have read but not the worst by far :) If you are an Alien fan, you will def enjoy.