Profile for Saint Anselm > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Saint Anselm "Anselm" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Yazilind Colorful Crystal Phoenix Leaf Tibetan Silver Chunky Bib Earrings Necklace Jewelry for Women Gift
Offered by YAZILIND JEWELRY LTD
Price: $34.57

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely disappointed!, December 18, 2014
Broke first time I opened the chain. I would give it zero star if I could. The same holds for other Yazillin necklaces I so foolishy ordered. Each necklace costs around $ 9. I have 4 necklaces now...all broken...the last one does not even classify as a "disposable" necklace that you wear just once on a given occasion. For $ 36 I could have bought just one better quality necklace or pin! Buyer, beware!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2015 2:03 PM PDT

Infinity Instruments Boutique De Fleur Metal Alarm Clock
Infinity Instruments Boutique De Fleur Metal Alarm Clock

1.0 out of 5 stars I like the way it looks, October 9, 2014
I bought the same clock three times. I like the way it looks, but if use it every day as an alarm clock the latch to set the alarm breaks down. The clock still works, but the alarm not longer rings. First time around the alarm broke down after 6 months of use,Second time it arrived already broken. I returned it. I received my 3rd clocks in due course. This was a month ago. It does not work anymore. Need I say more? Sadly enough I must give up on this "Boutique de Fleurs."

Extra Pair® Value Eyes Plastic Frames 6 Pack - Incredible Value, 1.75
Extra Pair® Value Eyes Plastic Frames 6 Pack - Incredible Value, 1.75
Offered by Boomer Eyeware (Super Fast Shipping from USA - Free Returns Shipping - 99% of 10,000+ orders last 12 months met or exceeded buyer expectations)
Price: $19.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 24, 2014
Excellent value. Now I can always find a pair og lasses when needed. They are well mase too.

Black 3-Button 3D USB 800 Dpi Optical Scroll Mice Mouse w/ Blue & Red LEDs For Notebook Laptop Desktop
Offered by gtcgzz
Price: $5.29
39 used & new from $1.15

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, September 24, 2014
Worked for only two weeks. Need I to say more?

GreatCase Unisex Elegant Retro Old Classic Luxury World Map Bracelet Quartz Wrist Watch with Leather Band (Brown)
Offered by ELEG TANG
Price: $4.00
8 used & new from $3.73

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk. the Watch broke after less than 3 weeks ..., September 24, 2014
Junk. the Watch broke after less than 3 weeks of use, One morning I realized that the little button to set the time had fallen off. Thus the watch had stopped working. It must have happened when I took the watch of my wrist the night before. Never again,

Equity by La Crosse 24012 Analog Key-Wound Loud Bell Clock
Equity by La Crosse 24012 Analog Key-Wound Loud Bell Clock

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch your fingers!, September 1, 2014
I got this clock a week ago. My fingers are so sore from using the back buttons that I can barely write this review. The knob you need to use to set the hand of the alarm is wedged in between two other ones. So far the clock does the job though.

The Double Life of Paul De Man
The Double Life of Paul De Man
by Evelyn Barish
Price: $24.89
86 used & new from $1.32

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Ms Barish!, April 4, 2014
Evelyn Barish is no Deidre Baird to say the least. Her work unfolds as a kind of cynical rattling about someone she envied. She does not substantiate most of her ludicrous claims.
For one thing, De Man did never hide that he had not received a Licence (a [Belgian & French] degree which is a bit more than a B.A. and a little less than a M.A.)from the Universite Libre de Brussels. On his c.v. he did put "candidature." The proof is available in the archives of the University of California at Irvine. That means that PDM did All the work for the Licence, except for the senior essay. Also the University of Brussels closed on November 25 1941
That must have been enough for those who evaluated his candidacy for the Harvard Society of Fellows in the Humanities. Do you really think that these folks would have been seduced by de Man's so called good looks? As I read through the book I got the impression that Ms Barish was indicting both PDM and the American system of Higher Education. How could they be fooled to that extent by someone she turns into a con-artist? That could be an interesting topic if indeed it were the case. The truth is that De Man never sought "power" the way so many academics do. He was courted by Hopkins and by Yale and obliged. During his tenure at those universities he always behaved as a gentleman. At a time when many Yale professors were philandering with their female graduate students, Paul de Man and Geoffrey Hartman were the only ones who were not afraid of letting their respective wives pick them up on campus.
I would suggest that in order to understand the circumstances that surrounded Paul de Man's late adolescence you avail yourself of Hugo Claus' great novel, The Sorrows of Belgium,1983-- especially as far as "collaboration" is concerned-- and consult the De Man archives at the Langson library at the University of California at Irvine.
Ms Barish oversimplification of deconstruction as anti-historicism is also ludicrous. De Man always gave historical background in the beginning of his lectures. He grounded his theoretical work in a historical context. Many did discover new ways of talking and writing about literature thanks to De Man's teachings.
Ms Barish's work does not bode well for the scientific future of historical criticism.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2014 7:46 AM PDT

Stunning Iridescent Light Green Yellow Opalescent Oval Rectangular Acrylic Goldtone Necklace & Earrings

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, but, January 16, 2014
The necklace was beautiful when I received it. I give it 3 stars because 2 months later the gold-like metal has turned black. I tried to polish it gently--at first, it worked. Yet a few days after polishing it turns brownish-black again. The chain provokes a rash on the back of my neck. Too bad.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2014 8:03 PM PST

Easy Street Women's Tidal Pump
Easy Street Women's Tidal Pump
Price: $11.99 - $65.00

2.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, January 16, 2014
I ordered this pair in red. I wore them twice and the red (plastic or very thin leather top?) peeled off and revealed a white spot on one of the shoes. I had worn them twice. Need I say more? To boot, the shoes took a week to get to their destination. They do l(or did) look good. I'm going to try to fix the white spot with red nail polish. Will never order any shoes from them.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad "deal", October 18, 2013
I received 2 broken necklaces. They charged for shipping. I wish I had given those four bucks to charity! The necklaces looked nice though. I cannot say anything about the earrings since they were not included.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3