Profile for Andrew Ancel > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Andrew Ancel RSS Feed (Milford, CT)

Timex Men's T5K312 Ironman 30-Lap Resin Strap Digital Watch
Timex Men's T5K312 Ironman 30-Lap Resin Strap Digital Watch
Offered by Watching-Your-Time
Price: $39.00
5 used & new from $34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Functionality, Nice Size, Easy to Read, November 2, 2012
I have quite a few watches including Casio g-shocks, Timex shocks as well as other Timex and Casios. Everyone's tastes are different - that being said this watch has emerged as my favorite.

Functionality is important to me. The three alarms help with meds and appointments. Also unlike almost all of the watches I have, the alarm on this watch by comparison screams when the alarms go off. I exaggerate, but you can definitely hear the alarm on this watch. The three time zones have been useful in my travels. I can't speak for its use for running, swimming, etc as it is not the reason I bought it.

It is not a big watch. I don't mind watches that are larger these days and own a few but I prefer something lighter and less bulky on my wrist. And the best part is that despite the watch not being large, the numbers on this watch are easy for these older eyes to read.

The watch has a nice look but won't impress friends, family and co-workers with shock and awe. But if you want a watch that has a lot of functionality, is easy to read and a pleasure to wear, then consider this watch...

Timex Men's T49753 Expedition Rugged Digital Black Resin Strap Watch
Timex Men's T49753 Expedition Rugged Digital Black Resin Strap Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!, August 21, 2011
This watch brings together a number of elements that I like in a digital watch.

The watched as pictured on Amazon does not do it justice. It looks a lot better in person.

It does have the green background that you see with many Timex digitals. I like it because it reflects the glare and makes it easy to see. That is an issue I have with the 1440s which are a nice value and easy to read but they can be tough to see when there is a lot of light. Not a problem with this watch.

The numbers are easy to read. They aren't huge but they are readable. At my age vision is becoming a bit of an issue, but again, no problems with this watch.

The indiglo button is at the bottom of the watch face flush against the bezel. So when it is dark it is easy to find and press to bring out the back light. What the other reviewer said about it being positioned to be accidently pressed is true but I'd rather deal with that versus trying to figure out which of the four function buttons to push when it is dark and want the light on to see the watch numbers.

This watch has the whole basic suite of functions, alarm, timer, second time zone etc. I use the alarms a lot so this watch having three of them works well for me.

I like the silver bezel. It gives the watch IMO a nicer look than say an all black watch though there is certainly nothing wrong with those- personal tastes...

If you are going to have a sports watch and possibly take it in the water then water resistance to 300 feet is nice. Few people will ever go into water that deep, at least on purpose. But that the watch can go that deep indicates a well constructed watch.

It is a relatively light watch that is very comfortable. I have a couple of large ironmans and four g-shocks and I like all of them. But they are a bit heavy on the wrist and bulky especially when wearing long sleeve shirts, jackets, fleece - you get the drift...

The watch is a nice blend of comfort, functionality, ruggedness with a decent look. Obviously if you want an elegant/classy look an analog is probably more practical. But I like digital sport watches because I do like functionality and a rugged watch and this one IMO is a very good one!

Casio Men's Alarm Chronograph Digital Sport Watch #W96H-1AV
Casio Men's Alarm Chronograph Digital Sport Watch #W96H-1AV
Price: $16.07
14 used & new from $13.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!, November 4, 2010
I was looking for another, inexpensive digital sport watch when I came across this one. At first glance I completely forgot about the other watch and bought this one!

I like digital sport watches. I've never been one for dress watches. I have them for those times that I need one. But generally I like the more casual sport watches and I like digital watches.

I like the look of this watch. The silver trim gives the look some character not found on the rubber (resin) sport wathes. It really sets this watch apart from other digital sport watches. The numbers are easy to read. The watch is a nice size. It doesn't overwhelm your wrist and it is pretty light.

Most information you would want at a glance is there; the time, day, date and even the year. The buttons are easy to reach and the watch is has nice symmetry.

I don't use the functions found in the watch but it has the basic flavor alarm, stop watch, etc.

The watch is what it is, an inexpensive, nice looking sport watch and therefore your expectations should be in line with that. You probably won't get many compliments on it and it may not last forever, $20-$30 range watches don't.

But Casio has done a very nice job delivering a very nice sport watch that is easy to read, very functional and has a little bit of style for a very nice price!

The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur: The tell-it-like-it-is guide to cleaning up in business, even if you are at the end of your roll.
by Mike Michalowicz
63 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's Get to Work!, February 14, 2009
I enjoyed "The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur" and was very inspired by it! Having been down the entrepreneurial road in the past, I think Mike Michalowicz does a great job taking the mystery out of starting your own business. The book contains good sources of useful information to assist the entrepreneur in building their business. It is a very good blue print for success!

The book has a definite edge to it which makes it seem like Mike is in the the room with you giving you a mild dose of "tough love" motivation as you progress through the book. It makes for a more interesting read and sets the tone for reality. A successful entrepreneur understands that straight talk and "tough love" are part of the equation in the business world today!

"The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur" is a must read for anyone thinking about starting their own business, someone in the process of starting their own business or anyone in an established company who in these tough economic times are reassessing their business. For the latter the book is a great tool to revisit business fundamentals.