Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for J. Kerekes > Reviews

Browse

J. Kerekes' Profile

Customer Reviews: 192

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Kerekes RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BulkSupplements Pure L-Tyrosine Powder (100 grams)
BulkSupplements Pure L-Tyrosine Powder (100 grams)
Offered by BulkSupplements
Price: $13.96
2 used & new from $13.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for everyone!, April 16, 2015
I received a sample of this for free from BulkSupplements for the purpose of reviewing it.

I've found Tyrosine to be a wonderful addition to my life. My mood is better, I seem to have a little more energy (which could just be related to my mood), I sleep better, and I feel a better sense of general "well-being."

What a vague load of unverifiable crap, I know, but it's true! Tyrosine is an interesting compound that, through several mechanisms of action, signals your body to produce more dopamine, thus also adrenaline. Between the two, you'll feel just -better- and also respond to stressful situations with more ease. I don't believe there is anyone out there who wouldn't benefit from Tyrosine supplementation, honestly.

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is a variety of this amino acid bound to Acetic acid, which increases the bioavailability and absorption rate. Arguably, NALT is superior, but Tyrosine still works!

As always, Bulksupplements has fast shipping, good packaging with reasonable listed doses, and good pricing. I find that the taste of most amino acid powders is unpleasant, so I ultimately decided to go with tablets for my Tyrosine needs.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective, but misleading (ingredient breakdown), April 16, 2015
(Full disclosure: I did take it with grapefruit juice, which has some citrus bioflavanoids that change how some compounds are absorbed by the body.)

I received a three-capsule trial of this product with an order I placed through a different website. I checked the ingredients first, and it all seemed reasonable. A couple herbal extracts and something called "methyltheobromine." I'm familiar with theobromine as a compound present in cacao, which gives energy without the jitteriness or dependency of caffeine.

My experience with it was pretty intense - there wasn't much to speak of at first, but about an hour later (near the tail end of my workout) I noticed I was pumped full of energy and speed, as if I had consumed quite a bit of caffeine! I was getting into the music like never before, and felt great! My appetite was shot all day afterwards - barely ate a thing - and I was just shy of vibrating with energy for about 10 hours straight.

So, pretty good stuff, and the ingredients are interesting if not intentionally misleading. See, I try to watch my caffeine intake as I'm relatively sensitive to it. I typically try to keep it at under 90mg / day because of irritability, insomnia, and anxiety. So, when I saw this had no caffeine, I was excited... And then I google searched "methyltheobromine". Caffeine. 160mg of it. That's not a super huge amount or anything, but it's more than zero and that is more than they make clear on the bottle. Heck, the instructions even say "do not take with caffeine" which is absolutely hilarious.

As for the other ingredients:
- White Willow extract: known to reduce fever and pain, which will increase your endurance a little bit.
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine: the amino acid L-Tyrosine bound to acetic acid, which increases tyrosine's bioavailability and absorption rate. NALT increases the production of Dopamine which is closely tied to the production of Adrenaline. There's more to NALT than that, but that's a whole essay in itself.
- Naringin: Remember what I said about grapefruit and bioflavanoids? This is one of them, built right into the capsule. Generally speaking, it will increase the bioavailability, absorption rate, and duration of most compounds - notably, caffeine.
- Cymbidium Goeringii extract ("Orchidlean"): An extract of a Himalayan orchid that this company touts as "THREE TIMES STRONGER THAN DMAA" (a substance recently banned by most sports anti-doping agencies). There isn't much information out there about this particular ingredient as a supplement aside from what this company is stating, and there's a pretty dire conflict of interest there. I wouldn't assume this actually does anything.
- Pikatropin: GABA and Niacin combined. Between the two, they are anti-anxiety and vasodilating (widens and softens blood vessels for increased circulation), and Niacin helps the body produce energy as well.

This is a well-rounded supplement, and the ingredients are decent. Just keep in mind that the majority of the effect is likely to be the caffeine, and you could probably replicate the most noticeable effects of this supplement by getting Niacin, grapefruit juice, and caffeine pills - for considerably less than this product. It's worth getting if you don't want to get the ingredients separately, I would say - the price is reasonable for the quantity and effect. Certainly, the appetite suppressant aspect was most notable to me.

Neocell Collagen Sport Whey Protein, Belgian Chocolate, 47.6 Ounce
Neocell Collagen Sport Whey Protein, Belgian Chocolate, 47.6 Ounce
Price: $37.99
35 used & new from $33.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Anytime protein, exceptional formulation, April 3, 2015
I have a lot of protein mixes, and this is probably my favorite. It doesn't have the best flavor out of all of them, but what it does have is, hands-down, the best muscle recovery blend I have seen.

I've been a fan of hydrolyzed collagen for a while now. It helped me get rid of my loose skin around my stomach and it also boosts the appearance and resilience of your skin and joints.

What isn't often touched on with this "beauty" product is that it also helps with muscle development. Hydrolyzed protein is broken down to bi and tri peptides, which are more readily absorbed by your digestive system. Indeed, within 30 minutes of ingesting this on an empty stomach, those peptides are already getting to your tissues - be they muscles, ligaments, or skin.

I prefer to use this pre and mid workout, and as a nighttime snack. To avoid protein uptake competition, I eat it on an empty stomach. That also ensures the BCAAs inherent in the protein are at their optimal ratios for recovery and muscle building.

My skin and muscles have never looked or felt better. This is going to be a staple of my regiment until I find something superior - which I strain to imagine. Between the high-quality proteins, vitamins, minerals, fiber, and delicious taste, this is a hard one to replace.

TCL LE40FHDE3000 40-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black)
TCL LE40FHDE3000 40-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a good deal, a year later, and working perfectly!, March 31, 2015
Even almost a full year after I purchased this TV, it is still a good deal! Great picture, low power usage, intuitive design, no unnecessary bells and whistles - just sharp picture on a big screen for a low price. I'm even using it now as I type this, because I use a cable DV to HDMI cable to turn my 13" laptop into a 40" desktop! Good times. Highly recommended.

Panda 300Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter - Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10, Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE, CentOS, Lubuntu, Zorin, Kali Linux and Raspbian Wheezy
Offered by Panther One
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, relatively cheap!, March 31, 2015
I was pleasantly surprised with how quick and easy this was to set up. Even without the stupid proprietary software, my computer (2012 Macbook pro) was able to recognize it and steal my neighbor's unsecured wireless signal through two brick walls and 20 feet of air!

Jarrow Formulas Sacharomyces Boulardii & MOS, Provides Enhanced Support   to the Intestinal Tract, 90 Caps
Jarrow Formulas Sacharomyces Boulardii & MOS, Provides Enhanced Support to the Intestinal Tract, 90 Caps
Offered by Glutenfree4U
Price: $17.10
31 used & new from $16.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it so you can stop hating life., March 31, 2015
I used to hate my intestines more often than not. Now, we hang out. We're cool. We don't fist bump because we tried that once and it hurt a lot. After a few days with this stuff, I noticed a difference even though I was jaded by my previous probiotic purchases. This was the missing key, it seems! I've never had a better digestive tract. I went from mild gas and painful bloating to... just being me. Seriously. Get this. It's worth it.

MAN Sports Orotine Nutrition Supplement, 224 Count
MAN Sports Orotine Nutrition Supplement, 224 Count

4.0 out of 5 stars Works? Sure. Worth it? Eh., March 31, 2015
While reasonably effective as a Creatine source, I can't say that I noticed any substantial difference in recovery time, endurance, or results. It seems to basically just function as a Creatine, which tells me I overpaid by about 1000%, as I can get 100 servings of creatine monohydrate for about fifteen bucks.

Not to say there's anything wrong with this product - it worked just fine - but I wouldn't say the effects are proportional to the cost.

Ex02 Fld 3.5 Tb Flip Brsh Fin Gm Blk/Gry
Ex02 Fld 3.5 Tb Flip Brsh Fin Gm Blk/Gry
Price: $171.88
65 used & new from $167.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond incredible., March 31, 2015
Hogue makes an amazing knife. For the price of, say, a mid-grade Spyderco or a Benchmade, you end up with a knife that has the fit-and-finish of a good mid-tech knife. The materials are sound, the action is incredible, the lockup is perfect, the blade shape is just right, and the clip and carry weight are a dream come true.

Seriously, it's hard to beat the level of absurd quality these are built to. You might scoff at the blade steel, but they heat-treat it so well that you'd swear it was M390. I've carried and used a pair of these for over six months, and they have only needed occasional stropping to maintain the factory-polished hair-popping edge.

Ex02 Fld 4 Tb Flip Brsh Fin Gm Blk/Gry
Ex02 Fld 4 Tb Flip Brsh Fin Gm Blk/Gry
Price: $195.44
39 used & new from $195.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously fantastic., March 31, 2015
Hogue makes an amazing knife. For the price of, say, a mid-grade Spyderco, you end up with a knife that has the fit-and-finish of a good mid-tech knife. The materials are sound, the action is incredible, the lockup is perfect, the blade shape is just right, and the clip and carry weight are a dream come true.

NOW Foods Inositol, 100 Capsules / 500mg
NOW Foods Inositol, 100 Capsules / 500mg
Price: $5.35
24 used & new from $4.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, costs less!, March 31, 2015
Very effective stuff! I take it at night for enhanced sleep, and in the morning for my workout! I've experimented with cutting inositol out, and I noticed the same lethargy and lack of iron will that I was experiencing before I started taking it. NOW makes a fantastic product, and the price can't be beat!

As a side note, I used to take the "Life Extension" brand inositol, which was 1000mg, and this seems to be just as effective at half the dosage. Placebo? Maybe. I'd wager that there's some higher-quality production going on in the NOW facilities, though...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20