Profile for Robert J. Welsh > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert J. Welsh RSS Feed (Houston, Texas, USA)

Foscam Plug and Play FI9826P (Black) 1.3 Megapixel (1280x960p) 3x Optical Zoom H.264 Pan/Tilt Wireless IP Camera
Price: $199.99
19 used & new from $185.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera... if you can get it set up!, December 31, 2014
Great camera but VERY difficult to set up. Ultimately, I had to call Foscam technical support and they walked me through everything. I'm a fairly sophisticated technology consumer but I don't think I could do it myself even after having been shown how.

Saicoo® 8A/40W 5 USB high output car charger - including 33"Cable Length, separate ON/OFF Switch with LED indicators for each port, silicone paste and velcro for mounting. Charge iPhone 6 Plus, 5S, 5C, 5;iPad Air, mini; Samsung Galaxy S5,4,3,Note 4 3 2 Egde; HTC and More - black (3 Apple + 2 Non-Apple ports)
Offered by SaicooDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty amazing!, May 29, 2014
I bought this for a road trip we were taking in my wife's SUV and, let me tell you, this device is incredible. Blazing fast recharge times for all Apple devices. After the trip, I'm taking it for my truck and keeping it there.

Savvies Crystalclear Screen Protector for Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6, Protective Film, 100% fits, Display Protection Film
Offered by FairPrices-24
Price: $5.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it!, February 1, 2014
I finally received this by USPS. This item didn't have any reviews yet when I decided to order it but I have now discovered that it doesn't fit the screen on my G6 very well, as the other reviewer pointed out. To top that off, the material itself is cheap and prone to scratching/hazing. Overall, it feels more like something that should be covering a pound of hamburger, not an LCD screen. I guess I can chalk up the $5.95 to a lesson learned.

Canopy 4-Year TV Protection Plan ($1000-$1250)
Canopy 4-Year TV Protection Plan ($1000-$1250)
Offered by Asurion, LLC
Price: $199.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Very straightforward - given they are selling empty promises, October 5, 2012
Part 1 - I ordered this as my last HDTV went out inside of 3 years so I thought I would purchase some added protection this go around. The offer came up in conjunction with my purchase... I could have easily declined it but thought otherwise. I got the contract terms shortly after and now have my new HDTV and the assurance of knowing it's gonna last me longer or else.

Part 2 - Sure enough, two years in, one of the HDMI ports on my HDTV dies so I call Panasonic technical support which basically tells me it most likely needs to be brought in to an authorized repair facility to replace the electronic board to which the ports are soldered. I call Canopy to register a claim but they tell me they will come to my house and fix it?! I tell them what Panasonic technical support shared with me and their instruction to take it in to one of their AUTHORIZED servicers to order the OEM part and then open the TV and replace the board. I had already brought it to the Panasonic authorized servicer so the Canopy rep says he can't help me... one of their technicians has to come to my house to look at it and repair it. What?!?! I would much rather take my chances with Panasonic's authorized repair and pay for it myself. Lesson learned... Canopy is great at taking my money but not very good at providing any service whatsoever.

Lightload Towels (Two Pack12x12"hand Size), the Only Towels That Are Survival Tools
Offered by Lightload Towels
Price: $4.15
7 used & new from $3.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Great towel to have in a pinch, February 22, 2011
I love these durable little towels! Much stronger than I initially expected and they do a great job. They're not for around the house, of course, but they certainly come in handy when you're outdoors. They're also extremely portable so I've gotten into the habit of carrying a few in the glove box of my car, my luggage, and the underseat bag of my road bicycle. You just never know when you may need it! I highly recommend them.