Profile for Luke > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 87

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Luke "LukeA" RSS Feed (CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Obsessed
Obsessed
Price: $5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars crazy story. interesting writing., August 6, 2014
This review is from: Obsessed (Kindle Edition)
I thought the story was interesting and I really liked the writer's style. It made the read more entertaining. He did pour the personal comments on a bit thick towards the end but that is forgivable. But seriously, what's the deal with Nelson? Lots of comments about the guy that never are explained. If you know tell me.

Exposed: The Secret Life of Jodi Arias
Exposed: The Secret Life of Jodi Arias
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $11.04

4.0 out of 5 stars a bit repetitive, August 1, 2014
I love Jane VM. She rocks. This books was good bit JVM is the absolute top drawer. She's the real deal kids.

The Church of Fear: Inside The Weird World of Scientology
The Church of Fear: Inside The Weird World of Scientology
Price: $8.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Hated to go so low on the stars, June 25, 2014
I think John Sweeney is a top notch journalist and a hero. It may sound lame because I know he's British but it was a bit hard to read because of the many, many words, phrases, and idioms used. It was also a long dry read. Very repetitive. Any-who that's just my two pence guv, don't go all exploding tomato on me.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
DVD
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to give it more stars..., June 23, 2014
But considering the bar set with the Lotr films before it it falls short. But mostly, because I read the book, I kind of hated the movie. The dwarves are ridiculous, the best parts of the book were left out and replaced with garbage. Rhadagst is the new jar jar. I hate that character.

Cries in the Desert (St. Martin's True Crime Library)
Cries in the Desert (St. Martin's True Crime Library)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $7.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Great start, sick bastard, June 16, 2014
The first half of this book was gripping and interesting. The last half became drawn out and somewhat repetitive. Overall a good read.

Max Cutter and The First Black Book: Book 1 of the Max Cutter Series
Max Cutter and The First Black Book: Book 1 of the Max Cutter Series
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars humorous and rich, June 11, 2014
I loved the historic aspects and the funny pop references. There were many moments made all the more creepy by the silly banter as contrast. I especially applaud the author for writing something very different and unique, that's one of the pluses to independent publishing. And for being an indie author it was quite clean and easy to read.

Hosting a Virtual Book Release Party: Keys to (Perceived) Success
Hosting a Virtual Book Release Party: Keys to (Perceived) Success
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Shana is a wealth of information, June 11, 2014
I read Shana's bio after I started the book. It makes sense she that she is prolific and varied in her activities. I mention this because her book was great but also was well written. Poor writing is sadly one of the biggest drawbacks to indie publications.

Benton: A Zombie Novel: Volume One
Benton: A Zombie Novel: Volume One
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars so far and that's a lot for me because..., June 8, 2014
I normally don't like YA or the first person. That last first person fiction I remember reading that I liked was I am Legend and the original Starship Troopers. I don't know what caught my eye or why I looked at this book. It was the cover initially but I see a lot of cool covers that just won't convert me to YA. Anyway, I started reading the sample and got hooked immediately. I purchased the book and am more than half the way through. I will update this review if there is anything to add. My only complaint is the length being so short but that's a personal opinion as YA may require a much shorter length.

I think the line that really pulled me in was "the sound changes, however, when they do see you. That's a sound you don't want to hear. Trust me." Her descriptions of the undead are subtle but so disturbing. I am a reader of mature zombie novels where the author attempts to scare or disturb with overly detailed gore, but they aren't as unsettling as the ones in this book.

Keep writing please.

The New Hate: A History of Fear and Loathing on the Populist Right
The New Hate: A History of Fear and Loathing on the Populist Right
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Very one sided to say the least, June 3, 2014
Total focus, admittedly in the title, is hate on the right. Hate is on both sides and the left keeps up their end of things well.

Wizard Dawning (The Battle Wizard Saga Book 1)
Wizard Dawning (The Battle Wizard Saga Book 1)
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars lots of promise, June 3, 2014
Needs more editing and it lacks length. But that's not really a star taker since it was free. The characters are interesting and did keep me turning the page. Not too sure if I will read more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9