Profile for Jay > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 394

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jay RSS Feed (Houston, TX, United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tippi My Book of Africa
Tippi My Book of Africa
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice pictures, January 11, 2014
The pictures were high quality and definitely worth the price. The interaction between a kiddo and the animals was unique and well arranged. I would have liked the back story to explain a little bit more of the how and why... Otherwise, a good book to get and show the kids, make some dreams, then go to the zoo... or Africa. :)

Innocence: A Novel
Innocence: A Novel
by Dean Koontz
Price: $20.03
273 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Innocence - Good quick "different" story., December 31, 2013
This review is from: Innocence: A Novel (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am not sure if I would call this fantasy or romance. The writing is eloquent if a little long-winded at times. The gift of the book is in the story, so I do not want to give too much away... It is essentially the coming together of two very different types of people, who still manage to respect each other and realize their similarities.

If you like Dean Koontz, you should like this story. It feels like a standalone book - I don't really think we will see this world again, but it was nice to visit.

Jay

Pilot Axiom Collection Retractable Ball Point Pen, Matte Black Barrel, Blue Ink, Medium Point (71414)
Price: $16.49
15 used & new from $13.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Pilot Axiom - an excellent ballpoint pen!, December 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The pen is medium weight - dependable click when you press the end. The pen feels very solid in the hand. Not too slippery. I believe the pen will stand up to wear well based on the 1st month's use. Have not tried refills yet, but ink flows well, first time - every time. A step up from box pens... definitely worth it!!

Jay

PowerGen 2.4Amps / 12W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices - White
Offered by POWERGEN
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, December 22, 2013
I have had the plug for some time now... it stays in the car. The cord itself has stayed supple and the covering has not started to crack in any way. The plug worked first time - every time and the power comes up as quick if not quicker than when I charge it in the house. I am very happy with this charger. I run an IPad and Iphone simultaneously - without issue. I definitely recommend as an in-car charger.

Runner (Sam Dryden)
Runner (Sam Dryden)
by Patrick Lee
Price: $18.29
145 used & new from $0.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Runner - an awesome story!!, December 9, 2013
This review is from: Runner (Sam Dryden) (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The story boils down to ex-special forces loner vs. secret company/agency bad guys as he protects a young girl they are after. The story moves at an excellent pace and the characters are believable. There is some great speculative science, and the moral dilemmas raised by the story make it a cut above. I honestly am not sure how Mr. Lee is going to make this a series, but this one book is definitely a winner.

I highly recommend this book!!

Jay

Note: I received an ARC of this novel from Amazon Vine for review.

5.11 #74273 Men's TacLite Pro Pant (Charcoal, 34W-30L)
5.11 #74273 Men's TacLite Pro Pant (Charcoal, 34W-30L)
Price: $49.99
5 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars TacLites are great pants!!, November 27, 2013
The cut is proper and the material is solid... no craftsmanship errors. They are the same fit I expect from 5.11... I know from experience that these pants are durable - years and years durable!! Pockets are numerous and functional. I wear these pants at work and home.

I highly recommend these pants!!

IMAK Hand / Elbow Le Petit Cushion Color: Black
IMAK Hand / Elbow Le Petit Cushion Color: Black
Offered by BestSource OfficeSupplies
Price: $8.67
22 used & new from $6.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but cushiony..., November 27, 2013
The size is pretty small and is best suited as a secondary pad or on a platform with limited workspace. I use one for both wrist and elbow. Durability seems okay. I don't expect a cushion to last forever... if this one gives me less than a year, I will advise and revise... :) Otherwhise, not much else to say... relieves pressure and that is worth a lot to me!!

I highly recommend this product.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Book
The Rocky Horror Picture Show Book
by Bill Henkin
25 used & new from $7.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know about TRHPS... and then some!!, November 27, 2013
Having gone to school at North Texas University in Denton, I quickly learned about the weekly excursion to the midnight showing of 'Rocky Horror'. I was trying to explain the phenomenon to my kids, when I came upon a blog entry by Neil Gaiman, recommending this book. He was right. It captures the genius behind the conception, making and marketing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

If you ever have any interest in the how or why... this book will definitely have the answers. I highly recommend!!

The Panopticon: A Novel
The Panopticon: A Novel
by Jenni Fagan
Price: $16.41
111 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Ride along and don't mind the accent..., November 27, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
#1 Caveat... if you do not like to read brogue or have to look up colloquial terms... this is probably not the book for you.

Two weeks after I have read the book, I am still not sure what category I would list it under... Doesn't matter, I still found the book moving. It's essentially the story of a girl who has been in the (foster) system for a long time. She is on or past her last chance and this story is, much like 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" a depiction of her time in the last place she is held. The flashbacks and some of the current events are harsh... definitely not light reading, but the ending is redemptive and worth the effort. I thought Ms. Fagan could have slowed the story down a bit and fleshed out some of the side characters a bit more... that, and maybe had her main character's intelligence more consistent... although I think that may be more my personal bias then the story telling.

So... if you like stories that run the gamut from sweet to harsh and ultimately make you think, this book is worth a shot. I think we will be hearing from Ms. Fagan again soon!!

Battroborg 3-in-1 Battle Arena, Green and Red
Battroborg 3-in-1 Battle Arena, Green and Red
Offered by The Locke Group
Price: $65.87
21 used & new from $23.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Rock 'em Sock 'em upgrade... needs just a few more., November 18, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The game was easy to set up and even easier to teach to six year old twin boys. They stayed interested for about three days... Even with the maneuverability, the basic moves are pretty simple. Additional moves and angles of attack would make the game interesting for longer. The cost to benefit of getting multiple bots is questionable... With that said, the advent of a bigger arena and more maneuverability would turn this into a really exciting game that even adults would play!! It also chews up batteries... hard to explain to kids and takes effort to manage... more than the return of fun in my opinion.

My suggestion is that unless you have unlimited discretionary funds, wait until this idea extends through a few generations of improvement.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20