Profile for Jay > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 426

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jay RSS Feed (Houston, TX, United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Best 100 Kindle Fire HDX Apps (Updated With Top Apps for the Kindle Fire HDX!)
Best 100 Kindle Fire HDX Apps (Updated With Top Apps for the Kindle Fire HDX!)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Several apps were new to me, August 7, 2014
I ended up loading five new apps - thank you!! keep the updates coming!!! The newsreader apps work like a charm and I have been using the scanner app to monitor the hurricane over Hawaii... :)

Francois et Mimi Double Wall French Coffee Press, 34-Ounce, Stainless Steel
Francois et Mimi Double Wall French Coffee Press, 34-Ounce, Stainless Steel
Offered by Luzy's Storage Place
Price: $44.95
2 used & new from $37.08

5.0 out of 5 stars The press itself works great. I have had no issues with grounds getting ..., August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This coffee press looks elegant. The press itself works great. I have had no issues with grounds getting up into the coffee. I have always had glass coffee presses before and not worrying about breaking the press is an awesome feeling. I have not had for long, but this seems to be well made and should stand up over the long haul. I will update if anything changes.

I definitely recommend this coffee press.

The Word Exchange: A Novel
The Word Exchange: A Novel
by Alena Graedon
Price: $19.53
90 used & new from $2.09

4.0 out of 5 stars The word flu finally strikes..., August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A story about the dangers of over-reliance on technology, with a lot of fun word-play and a strong female character - This first novel by Alena Graedon challenges the reader to buy into her world and follow along as things degrade. (If you are a stickler for form and function, you might want to give this a pass) Without giving too much of the story away, the technology is infected and everything starts to suffer, which by necessity, affects the grammar and spelling in the book. Luckily, the plot does not suffer from the same malady... :)

I thought the story was witty and well crafted. I look forward to reading more from Ms. Graedon.

Jay

Epson WorkForce WF-3640 Wireless Color All-in-One Inkjet Printer with Scanner and Copier
Price: Click here to see our price
56 used & new from $120.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid entry into the All in One Printer field..., August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The printer setup was easy. I hooked one computer up by USB and another over the ethernet. Both were smooth operations. The manual for the printer is online and link is provided during setup. The scan and print functions both worked well for me on both Windows 8 and Windows 7 machines. I have completed around 100 scans without issue to date. Note: I have not had the opportunity to use the fax feature for the printer... so have no input regarding that function. Time to print seems consistent with HP, which is my benchmark device. I will update if there are any reliability issues, but to date, this seems like a solid machine!!

Mccormick Gluten-Free Chili, 1 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Mccormick Gluten-Free Chili, 1 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Price: $18.14

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid Chili packet!!, August 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We eat chili every other week - usually without beans. I have made four pots of chili with this gluten free mix and have had nothing but rave reviews. Using beans with this mix tends to get a little bit better reception - not sure why. The spices are complementary, not overwhelming. It compares favorably to the standard (Wick Fowler's) and I comfortably recommend for a gluten-free change of pace. The lack of Masa - flour paste, does mean that this sauce will not be quite as thick, but that makes for a good change of pace.

Ghost Heart
Ghost Heart
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story!!, July 28, 2014
This review is from: Ghost Heart (Kindle Edition)
The story was magic!! Easy reading, the logic of the story fell in to place and flowed well!! The mythology of Indians, witches, bikers, and young boys were all well represented... Did I mention that there were zombies???

The authors obviously are familiar with the landscape and were descriptive enough to bring the area back to anybody who has ever been near the badlands. (Some of scene setting reminded me of Cormac McCarthy's box canyon description in Blood Meridian - I felt like I was there!!)

I stayed up way too late finishing this story, but it was worth every yawn it will cost me tomorrow!!

I highly recommend this book for anyone 12 or older who like a good ghost story!

Enigma
Enigma
DVD
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought the storyline was straightforward and it felt like it came from a short story, June 25, 2014
This review is from: Enigma (Amazon Instant Video)
I thought the storyline was straightforward and it felt like it came from a short story, not a screenplay. It was spare, but got all of the atmosphere across with each scene. I would definitely give these guys another shot... Why not shoot a full length sequel of the actual war... bring back the lieutenant!!! :)

Great job guys - keep it up!!!

The Police Manager
The Police Manager

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Balance, June 8, 2014
Green's book is short on errors and the sections provide a good overview for those considering management jobs in policing. I read this book three times over a month, studying for promotional exam... Definitely my favorite of the three assigned for my test. Covers the main theories adequately and would work both for education or promotion material.

If you have any specific questions, message me and I will do my best to help.

Jay

Police Administration: Structures, Processes, and Behavior (8th Edition)
Police Administration: Structures, Processes, and Behavior (8th Edition)
Price: $113.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent book, good theory..., June 8, 2014
... But 8th editions need relentless editorial review and checks for consistencies. Too many minor errors and inconsistencies to merit that fifth star. These authors know their books are being used for promotional tests... So lots of lists and lots of qualifiers. This is all part of the industry... Aggravating, but part of the game. The book covers the main theories and provides a solid general introduction to Police Administration.

Annedroids
Annedroids
DVD
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute - with potential, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Annedroids (Amazon Instant Video)
Drawings are sharp and interactive. A little bit of science thrown in with some silly fun. I could see this being used to introduce a lot of different concepts to kids who might not listen otherwise. Keep 'em coming!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20