Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation
Profile for K. Bess > Reviews

Browse

K. Bess' Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Bess RSS Feed (Portland, OR)

Inner Strength E*2 Portable Massage Table Package (Agate Blue)
Inner Strength E*2 Portable Massage Table Package (Agate Blue)
Price: $269.00
2 used & new from $179.00

4.0 out of 5 stars good enough, July 30, 2010
This is a pretty decent massage table. I've been using it for a little more than a year and I haven't experienced any issues with it. The padding is a bit firm, firmer than I'd like, and the vinyl isn't the softer stuff I thought it was.. but it's still a good table. I often use a heating pad with a soft cover over it, and that makes it plenty soft.
It's heavy, as all tables are, but I think it's on the lighter end. I'm 5'0 tall, and while toting it around isn't *easy* it's certainly doable (just not too fun).
Nice table for the price.

Evolving Body Care Oil
Evolving Body Care Oil

5.0 out of 5 stars whoa., July 30, 2010
This review is from: Evolving Body Care Oil (Misc.)
This is a superb product. I can't believe how well it works. I've only been using it for two days, morning and night, and already there is a noticeable difference in my skin tone, texture and clarity. I've been experiencing dark areas under my eyes recently, and have used a myriad of different eye creams, concealers and makeup without much improvement, but 2 applications of the Evolving oil and the dark areas have faded.

This is such a simple product, too. All natural and certified organic, completely safe for use all over the body (face, eyes, hands, lips, minor abrasions and irritation), it feels good (it feels fantastic actually. I want to marinate in Badger products!), it smells nice.. Win win win.
I've used a handful of other Badger products as well, and they are all really effective and easy to use.. and all with multiple uses! I wish I'd started using Badger ages ago.. I don't think I'll use anything else now if I can help it. I hope they expand their line of body care items so I can replace my current useless, toxic, and expensive crap.

Let's Go Ireland 12th Edition
Let's Go Ireland 12th Edition
by Let's Go Inc.
16 used & new from $0.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets you around Ireland, January 1, 2008
In preparation for a 2 week trip to Ireland I purchased nearly every travel book I found, but while traveling, this was the one I used most. It seemed to fit my needs best as a budget traveler and had a lot of useful information on places to go and places to stay (i used it together with the Hostels Ireland book to compare reviews of hostels to make sure I was finding the best places possible).

The only problem I seemed to have with it was the organization and also the lack of visuals in the book, it's just packed with so much information and so many city profiles that it could become overwhelming at times trying to figure out where to go.
My advice would be using perhaps the Eyewitness Guide to help you plan for the trip (where to go, what to see) then find the places in this book and tag or dogear the sections somehow so you can find it later.
So, great book to open up if you're in the city, standing on a street corner trying to figure out what to do and where to go, not so good if you're sitting at home in your kitchen mapping out your travel itinerary.

I will probably stick with the Lets Go series for any future trips I take abroad.

Hostels Ireland, 3rd: The Only Comprehensive, Unofficial, Opinionated Guide (Hostels Series)
by Paul Karr
25 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars a hostelers bible, January 1, 2008
I purchased this book among many others to prepare for a 2 week trip to Ireland and since we were staying in hostels every night, this book became our bible. Combined with the Lets Go Ireland book, we had pretty much everything we needed to get around. It would have been nice to have more complete addresses for the hostels or perhaps better instruction on how to get to each one, but I suppose it cant have everything. We kept this book with us at all times and consulted it every time we got into a new town. We found the descriptions to be fairly accurate and came to rely on it quite a great deal. This book is a great buy if you plan to hostel your way through Ireland.

For Beginner Piano
For Beginner Piano
Offered by Sanam-Sama
Price: $15.99
24 used & new from $0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The cutest music you've ever heard., December 29, 2007
This review is from: For Beginner Piano (Audio CD)
Now, let me start by saying this album is not for everyone, believe me, I've tried, not everyone digs the sound.

But seriously, it's the cutest, fluffiest, happiest, creepiest, oddest, video game-esque sounding music I've maybe ever heard. It's insane that music can sound so downright adorable, where suddenly you're imagining fluffy little bunnies batting each other on the heads with giant cotton balls or something (try bibi plone or marbles). Then they dive into something with a slightly more sinister feel, maybe a hungry crocodile comes slithering along, watching the bunnies hop and kick, getting hungrier and slitherier..(on my bus or busy working, perhaps?).

In any case, I find it to be very "visual" music and a lot of fun to listen to. It's a little strange, a little bizarre, quite colorful, and overall pretty enjoyable.

Also, if you think you might like the sound, but find it a little hard to get on board with, try some of Plone's other collaborations with Pram, Broadcast, or Mike in Mono.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Comfy, Cute Shoes, December 29, 2007
So I bought these shoes thinking, "wow, what a cute, odd looking little shoe. I think I might like to own that little shoe." And let me tell you, one of my best shoe purchases I've made. I wear them nearly every day, I bought them first in green, then went and bought a second pair in black, and I get compliments on them all the time. As I said, cute, odd looking shoe, people notice. They are very comfortable too. If you cant get away with wearing slippers out and about all day then these shoes are a nice second option. Virtually no heal on them and little foot support, but as long as you're not running marathons I dont see it as a problem, maybe just takes some getting used to the flatness of them. Also, they fit pretty snug, not a lot of wiggle room, but being that they are mostly canvas, they stretch pretty comfortably to your foot. Overall though, a really great little shoe.

Head Over Heels
Head Over Heels
Price: $9.99
100 used & new from $4.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes., April 22, 2004
This review is from: Head Over Heels (Audio CD)
This is without a doubt the greatest Cocteau Twins effort, in my opinion(even Liz has said she favors this album). If you're just now hearing about them and looking for a good place to start, this would definitely be it. The full range of moods contained in this 10 track album will give you a pretty good idea of what you might find in the others, and yet not one is like the other. It may take time to warm up to their music and Liz's other worldly vocals, but once you settle into the sound its hard to escape. This album alone has gotten me through many a dark times and it continues to be one of my very favorite recordings to date. Listen to it. Take a chance. Forget about music you know. And let yourself slip into the sounds. You'll enter into another world all together. Also, try Victorialand. Incredible sounscapes... like snow drifting in the sun.