Profile for Rick Pam > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rick Pam "I love a great read!" RSS Feed (Lake Worth, FL)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great colors and it works!, September 15, 2011
I really love this tape, it has a lot of uses and the selection of colors is huge. I put the tape around the end of some old sport glasses and it was very comfortable and the tape stayed in place.

The Magicians: A Novel (Magicians Trilogy)
The Magicians: A Novel (Magicians Trilogy)
by Lev Grossman
Price: $24.11
91 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars A very cool book, September 15, 2011
I really liked this book. I enjoyed the character development in the novel and the magical places. Could have done without some of the profanity.

The Lost Wife
The Lost Wife
by Alyson Richman
Price: $10.12
289 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect marriage of history and the human experience beautifully told., September 14, 2011
This review is from: The Lost Wife (Paperback)
The Lost Wife is one of those books that you can't put down; I didn't.

Ms. Richman managed to marry history and the human experience into a novel, rich in detail and emotionally charged, using her gifts of words, tempo, emotion and thorough research skills.

Personally, this was total fulfillment for me. I have traveled to Prague and Terezin, and having spent time there, all the places that were mentioned in the book came alive through the story of Lenka and Josef. Anyone that is not familiar with the customs of these persecuted people or the period in time spoken about in this book, will get a first class lesson and hopefully, a new understanding.

The time frames, places, and details all came together for me and reinforced my own personal experiences. Previoulsy, I actually had spoken with and emailed a few of Ms. Richman's resource people, who were so happy to assist me with our family search of those who had perished, or spent time at Terezin. I have a book of The Artists of Terezin, and I was so blown away as their names were mentioned; then their names became lives, then mere memories.

My final review of the book came as no surprise after reading all the author's previous works, I was so looking forward to the newest achievement, which is important and something that lived up to my expectations. The only thing missing is the date when the next novel will be released. Bravo!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 19, 2011 7:14 AM PDT

Top Chef: The Game
Top Chef: The Game
Offered by TnsDeals
Price: $1.45
33 used & new from $1.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Top Chef, November 14, 2008
This review is from: Top Chef: The Game (CD-ROM)
I was so happy to see this game on Amazon. I am a real cooking nut and I love anything that supports my hobby. Top Chef, The Game was fun, challenging and easy to play; it kept me interested and I was surprised to have learned some new ideas as well.

My young adult children were interested in playing, in spite of their limited cooking experience. I think I will be making "starter gourmet cooking baskets" for the holidays and will be sure to include a Top Chef game in each! This would also make a great gift for that 50's to 60's party you get invited to for your baby boomer friends or think of including it with a shower gift for young newlyweds.

Whatever the occasion, what could be better than a great get together with food and fun!