Profile for randessa > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"randessa" RSS Feed (USMA)

Live At Billy Bob's Texas
Live At Billy Bob's Texas
21 used & new from $1.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner, October 31, 2002
Like the other Live At Billy Bob's CDs this one is freakin awesome! Cooder Graw is a band full of talent and fire. You can tell they're tearing up the stage and burning down the house on this CD. If you like Cooder Graw or just want to know what they're all about - BUY THIS CD. It's got almost all of the best songs and it's a Live album. My favorite songs are "Dirty Little Hometown Girl" and "State Line" and "Llano Estacado" and well... just about all of them. You get the idea. I like this CD and I think you will too.

Electric
Electric
Offered by We'reBookedUp
Price: $15.79
50 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack Is Still The Best, October 19, 2002
This review is from: Electric (Audio CD)
I felt that I had to write a review after reading one that claimed that Jack Ingram has lost his roots. I've got every album Jack Ingram has released. I believe he's a VERY talented song writer and performer. I've seen him live twice. He's just as amazing up close and personal as he is on his albums.
Electric is somewhat different from Jack's previous albums. But it's STILL Texas country. In fact it's more Texas than a lot of the stuff coming out today. Electric brings to mind Buddy Holly and Joe Ely and Willie Nelson thrown into a crock pot and left to simmer. Electric has been in my cd player since I first bought it and I have no intention of taking it out any time soon.
Anyone that claims Ingram has sold out or lost his roots obviously doesn't know what Texas music is. Just because you're from Houston doesn't mean you know diddley. I wonder if those who claim Jack's no longer Texan know who Bruce Robison is. Just let me tell you that Bruce is an AMAZING singer/song writer and he's on Jack's Electric. They've written a few songs together before and I am more than sure that if Jack had lost his Texas roots, Bruce would have been the first to tell him.
If you like Texas music and you know more than JUST Pat Green, give this album a good listen. You'll love it. Jack Ingram is still the best!

Merle Haggard's My House of Memories : For the Record
Merle Haggard's My House of Memories : For the Record
by Merle Haggard
84 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, But Not Great, April 1, 2002
I enjoyed the book, but I thought it could have been so much better. I learned more about Merle Haggard than I knew before. I liked the stories and Merle's sense of humor. I just think there was something missing. I can't really put my finger on what it is, but I was expecting more. The book was pretty good though. I read it cover to cover. I am sure anyone who likes Merle Haggard will enjoy this book.

The Facts of Life and Other Dirty Jokes
The Facts of Life and Other Dirty Jokes
by Willie Nelson
133 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Willie Is A Genius, April 1, 2002
I absolutely LOVED this book. From the moment I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. Willie Nelson is truly brilliant. The book is very well written. I loved the jokes, I loved the pictures. But most of all I loved the way Willie explains the lessons that life has taught him. I recommend this book to all readers. I think it should be made mandatory reading for students, like Shakespeare or Robert Frost. It's just that good.

I Got the Guns
I Got the Guns
16 used & new from $0.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Roger Rocks!, April 1, 2002
This review is from: I Got the Guns (Audio CD)
Roger Creager is an unbelievably taltented singer/songwriter. He's already HUGE in Texas. Eventually he's gonna rock the rest of the world. If you haven't heard any of his music, then you're seriously missing out. Roger writes the best songs. He will make you laugh, cry, and/or sing-along to every song. You can hear the passion in his voice. And you can really tell that his words are straight from the heart. Give him a listen. You will NOT be dissapointed. Roger Creager is one of the best musicians out there.

Now That's Awesome
Now That's Awesome
Offered by SHOP@HOME
Price: $9.95
50 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another WInner, January 13, 2002
This review is from: Now That's Awesome (Audio CD)
Bill Engvall just gets funnier with every CD. I'm glad he's more versatile than SOME comedians who shall remain anonymous. He does so much more than Here's Your Sign. And everything he does just makes me laugh until I've got to pee. You won't be dissapointed with this album, I promise.