Profile for Will > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Will RSS Feed (Virginia, USA)

Doctor Who: The Invisible Enemy (Story 93) & K9 and Company: A Girl's Best Friend
DVD ~ Tom Baker
Price: $21.49
10 used & new from $21.47

5.0 out of 5 stars but we love it., December 10, 2014
K9 and Company is one of the "Christmas movies" we watch every year. A classic Dr Who spin-off. Maybe not to everyone's taste, but we love it.

Valtev 12 Function Multi Tool Pliers with Hoof Pick
Valtev 12 Function Multi Tool Pliers with Hoof Pick

4.0 out of 5 stars Good trail riding backup, June 8, 2014
These are fairly large and would not fit in a trouser pocket. And I'd worry about falling on them if they were mounted on my belt. But these are immediately going into my saddle bags for trail riding.

These would be five stars except for the hoof pick. They've "sharpened" the blade. These will do in an emergency but I'd be nervous using them routinely. The hoof pick would have been perfect if they had left the material alone for the full length of the pick.

Dragon Models Space Shuttle "Discovery" with Solid Rocket Booster Spacecraft Building Kit (Cutaway Views), 1/144-Scale
Price: $89.75
13 used & new from $86.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs modification for assembly, August 16, 2013
Detail is adequate for a model of this size. The transparent parts are a bit hazy and come with some light scratches. The External Tank (ET) has four large pins, two for each Solid Rocket Booster (SRB.) The SRBs are supposed to snap to the ET. The included instructions don't show that there is a left and right SRB. You have to look at the box cover to note that the port SRB has a black paint ring next to the nose cone. But the most annoying thing was that the buyer must cut the forward ET pins almost in half to get the SRBs to mate to the ET. DragonUSA technical support said that cutting was necessary. Anyway, I was quite annoyed that I needed to spend time modifying a fairly expensive "snap together" model.

The Empress of Earth - Book III of the Roads of Heaven
The Empress of Earth - Book III of the Roads of Heaven
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Re-written ending, April 24, 2013
This series is one of my favorites and I highly recommend it. However, I feel I must give you a heads up that the ending of the Kindle edition has been completely re-written. I still haven't made up my mind how I feel about that... I still recommend the series.

The Human Division #13: Earth Below, Sky Above
The Human Division #13: Earth Below, Sky Above
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Wait for the book, April 23, 2013
Scalzi is a good writer and I enjoyed the book. But I too feel taken advantage of for buying the serialization to find out that it is not a complete novel at all. Wait for the complete book. And I will avoid these serializations in the future...

The Space Shuttle: Celebrating Thirty Years of NASA's First Space Plane
The Space Shuttle: Celebrating Thirty Years of NASA's First Space Plane
by Piers Bizony
Price: $27.51
46 used & new from $7.07

3.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't they wait?, September 20, 2011
I find it bizarre that they didn't wait a few months so that this book could actually cover the final flight in the Shuttle program.

Dragon Models 1/400 Delta II (7925)
Dragon Models 1/400 Delta II (7925)
Price: $29.99
6 used & new from $21.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Kepler mission, September 14, 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
Just a note that this model has markings for NASA's Kepler mission. The rocket itself is about 4 inches tall.

All Creatures Great & Small - The Specials
All Creatures Great & Small - The Specials
DVD ~ Christopher Timothy
Offered by WeSellMacBooks
Price: $15.99
26 used & new from $8.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Only two of the specials, December 12, 2005
Just a word of warning: this volume only contains two of the three ACG&S specials.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2008 5:17 PM PST

AGATHA CHRISTIE'S MARPLE, SERIES 1
AGATHA CHRISTIE'S MARPLE, SERIES 1
DVD ~ Geraldine McEwan
Offered by PRice-less Collections
Price: $14.92
27 used & new from $10.93

1.0 out of 5 stars Still a Joan Hickson fan, May 6, 2005
If I had to use a single word to describe the new series it would be: unwatchable. I think an earlier reviewer captured the issue by commenting that the series had been "Americanized." The costumes are overstated. Too much time is spent force feeding the viewer the clues. Unnecessary characters and plot lines have been added. The humor that was such an integral part of the Joan Hickson series is missing. They have lots of talent in the series but everthing seemed strained.