Profile for womanonamission > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 49

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

womanonamission "womanonamission" RSS Feed (Homewood, IL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bee & Flower - Chinese Sandalwood Soap 2.65oz - 12/case
Bee & Flower - Chinese Sandalwood Soap 2.65oz - 12/case
Offered by Nature and Herbs
Price: $11.97
22 used & new from $6.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 30, 2014
Great soap, smells wonderful. Wish bars were larger.

Sterling Silver Knife-Edge Hoop Earrings (0.8" Diameter)
Sterling Silver Knife-Edge Hoop Earrings (0.8" Diameter)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love, July 7, 2014
I had purchased these in a larger size and was OK with them. They were a little big but OK for casual wear. I got this smaller size and these are great. They are shiny and very light. I've purchased tarnish-free jewelry in the past and have been very satisfied with them. I wear them 24/7 (including the occasional water aerobics class) and after more than a year the damage is minimal on those that I purchased before. At this price point these are a good deal for everyday wear.

Swan
Swan
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Main character is cool..., April 18, 2014
This review is from: Swan (Kindle Edition)
I have to be honest I chose this book because work was stressful and the chances of me getting through any reading material other than a magazine was slim to none. However, I found that I actually became engaged with the main character. I didn't expect to identify with her as much as I did. She is very much a realistic character. Was the premise plausible? Yes there are periods were it gets to be a bit of stretch, but in the end it was an enjoyable read.

Coconut Oil: How To Implement Coconut Oil In Your Diet For Weight Loss, Detox And Better Health (Coconut Oil Handbook(Updated))
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars sources, February 24, 2014
This book does not document its sources. I'd like to know the sources of the information that Mr Adams provides. Without it I don't much faith or credibility in the info.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars I like them but,, December 20, 2013
These have no cushion & very little arch support in them. By the end of the day they definitely hurt my feet. I got these because when there is snowy weather I hate having to change shoes once I get to work. The goal was that these were stylish enough to wear with jeans and keep on all day. Unfortunately, the lack of a cushion padding and arch support means that you will need to add your own. What they do well is that they are very stable and the treading on the bottom is nice. I wore these through a snowy day in Chicago and did not slip once. They are also warm. I wore these with a pair of wool blend socks and my toes were happy. The double zipper is nice.

Clarks Women's Grasp Chime Loafer,Black,12 M US
Clarks Women's Grasp Chime Loafer,Black,12 M US

3.0 out of 5 stars Narrow in the toebox, December 1, 2013
I usually get a reasonably good fit from Clark's sandals but this is the first shoe I've ordered. The fit is OK but I could never where this with a sock other than a trouser sock. They are not uncomfortable but unlike some of the sandals I've enjoyed the arch support on these is not quite as good. My feet don't ache at the end of the day but they don't feel great either. Would I purchase or recommend? Probably not.

ASICS Women's Gel-Extreme33 Running Shoe,Lightning/Silver/Neon Coral,13 M US
ASICS Women's Gel-Extreme33 Running Shoe,Lightning/Silver/Neon Coral,13 M US
Offered by Fashion Footwear
Price: $57.00
2 used & new from $57.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not much support, December 1, 2013
This shoe can only be used for light duty. I am not a runner but often buy Asics running shoes because they offer great support. These had my feet aching after about about 4 hours. Would not purchase this again or recommend.

The Book of Daniel - The Complete Series
The Book of Daniel - The Complete Series
DVD ~ Aidan Quinn
Offered by Chicago-Media
Price: $5.55
54 used & new from $1.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Universal has some serious quality control issues., December 1, 2013
My rating for this DVD is not based on the series. I loved the series and was over the moon to finally see it on DVD for purchase. The reason for the 1 star is because my copy of The Book of Daniel does not contain all of the episodes. The DVD label which has not been altered indicates that the material on the DVD should be The Book of Daniel. Instead, Disc 1 has a copy of Serial Mom and Nurse Betty and Disc 2 has the deleted scenes. Essentially I didn't get what I ordered. Unfortunately I am outside the return window. Fortunately I bought the DVD used so I didn't pay full price. If you do order this DVD, immediately make sure the DVD actually has The Book of Daniel on it.

The Life List (The List Trilogy Book 1)
The Life List (The List Trilogy Book 1)
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars frustrating & sometimes shallow main character, December 1, 2013
Spent most of the book wondering why I continued to read about the antics of such a self absorbed and shallow character. She is somewhat redeemed in the end, but getting to that point was painful.

Sterling Silver Medium Wide Polished Click-Top Hoop Earrings
Sterling Silver Medium Wide Polished Click-Top Hoop Earrings
Price: $29.70

2.0 out of 5 stars Large loops, July 23, 2013
The diameter was larger than I anticipated so I don't like them very much. Not the look I was going for.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5