Profile for Shirley > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 123

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shirley RSS Feed (Sacramento CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
GORE VIDAL: Julian, Williwaw, The Judgement of Paris, Messiah, The City and the Pillar (Complete and Unabridged)
by Gore Vidal
27 used & new from $4.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Teeny Tiny Print in a Huge Book, June 25, 2014
This is a lot of book for the money but the print is so small I need to get special reading glasses. If you want a lot of Gore Vidal for a small investment this is your book. I miss seeing that man on television and hearing his perspectives on a variety of subjects.

Bookcase Beaded Curtain 125 Strands (+hanging hardware)
Bookcase Beaded Curtain 125 Strands (+hanging hardware)
Offered by ABeadedCurtain
Price: $55.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Screen for Doorway and Nicely Constructed, June 24, 2014
I have three different beaded curtain door screens in my home. I have returned two beaded door screens over the past two years because they were horrid smelling and poor quality. Those were not bought through amazon.com.

This screen is my favorite. It is my first one through amazon.com and I will look for this brand again. The wood beads are narrow in width so they look really nice. The paint on the beads is clean and neatly done. The depth of the color of the bookcase scene changes as the light in the house changes. I like the brightness of the colors and the subdued too. I think this is a good product and the delivery was very well done.

Good job!

HP 564XL (CN684WN#140) Black + HP 564 (CD994FN#140) Cyan/Magenta/Yellow Color Combo Pack OEM Genuine Inkjet/Ink Cartridge
Offered by ONGO products
Price: $52.96
10 used & new from $47.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Quality - Only Use HP Ink in your HP Printers, June 22, 2014
I will not put anything except genuine HP ink in my HP printer. This vendor, ONGO, sends the ink cartridges in a bubble pack without those ridiculously oversized boxes HP uses for its combo packs. That saves money and resources. I appreciate that.

I always trust amazon.com to provide the best prices on this high quality ink and it is rare when other sources have it for less.

Excellent product. Excellent service.

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro - Full Version
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro - Full Version
Offered by Only Genuine Software
Price: $175.00
65 used & new from $127.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Seriously a Step Backward, June 16, 2014
I have never encountered a Microsoft product so pathetically frustrating that I would write a real letter to the company. They don't respond to USPS letters, I guess, because I never heard back from them.

I have worked with MS products for decades; even did some training of staff. I loved Microsoft products. Not anymore. This 8.1 version is so convoluted that it isn't tolerable.

The latest twist is an 8.1 update that knocked out my wireless connection to my printer, Netflix telecast, attached speakers - and I don't know what else that I have not yet discovered. Go online and google that little fiasco. I am not alone in this experience. I have DSL and Wi Fi thorough a well known and revered company. It wasn't their fault.

This MS product was preloaded on my Dell desktop that I bought here on amazon.com for what I thought was a really nice price. I really like the Dell computer but not what is loaded on it. I'm sure MS meant well when they created this Windows 8.1 but I am not at all pleased.

I give up.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2014 7:32 PM PDT

Farberware Dishwasher Safe Aluminum Nonstick 5-Quart Covered Jumbo Cooker, Black
Price: $26.88
36 used & new from $25.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Farberware at its Best, May 12, 2014
This large fry pan, or sauce or stew or whatever you wish to make in it pan, heats quickly on medium heat, maintains heat well and distributes it well. The clear lid allows you to see the status of your food dish. Best of all, it cleans up easily. I wash mine by hand but the manufacturer says you can use the dishwasher. I think this is a good investment. I bought mine elsewhere because I didn't find it on amazon at the time. I buy amazon.com whenever I can.

Johnny's Salmon Seasoning Blend 8.25 oz
Johnny's Salmon Seasoning Blend 8.25 oz
Offered by Online Grocery Outlet
Price: $9.50
2 used & new from $9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Seasoning Product, April 29, 2014
I used this on some big fat prawns I was cooking. It is great. Haven't used it on salmon yet. I am looking for a natural salmon, not a farmed one. Stay tuned. This is a fantastic product. Enhances but never overpowers.

Johnny's Pork, Chicken & Turkey Seasoning, 1 4.75-ounce Bottle
Johnny's Pork, Chicken & Turkey Seasoning, 1 4.75-ounce Bottle
Offered by Donaldson's
Price: $9.98
5 used & new from $6.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Seasoning Product, April 29, 2014
I have never met a Johnny's seasoning product I did not like and this one does not disappoint. This product enhances, it doesn't override good natural flavors of what you are cooking.

Dell Inspiron Desktop  (i3647-1231BK) (Old Version)
Dell Inspiron Desktop (i3647-1231BK) (Old Version)
Offered by S&Y ELECTRONICS
Price: $349.00
41 used & new from $275.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Computer but Powered by MS Disappointment, April 29, 2014
I think the Dell desktop is a great product but the software loaded on it sure doesn't please. Makes me sorry I didn't buy an Apple product because Microsoft Windows 8.1 is a convoluted nightmare. Navigating Apple products can't be any worse.

Through online searches I was able to find ClassicShell.net. It was designed by tech people who had the same opinion as I do about Windows 8.1. Until Microsoft improves their product I can use this to navigate the Dell desktop via XP, Vista or Windows 7 methods and menus. Even have a "start" button now.

Dell is a good product.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2014 11:39 AM PDT

Johnny's Seasoning Salt - 32 oz(2 lbs)
Johnny's Seasoning Salt - 32 oz(2 lbs)
Offered by AxisDay & Co.
Price: $19.49
2 used & new from $19.07

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Seasoning Salt Product on Market, April 4, 2014
I have used Johnny's seasonings for decades. First in WA and now in CA. It is great to see it available from amazon.com online because it isn't always easy to find it in stores here. This really is the best seasoning salt product I have ever used. It isn't that horribly heavy handed single flavor that other seasoning salts have. I used this on everything I cook. It never disappoints. I remember when it was Johnny's Dock seasoning.

Gardenia Nightlight - Ibis & Orchid Designs Flowers of Light Collection
Gardenia Nightlight - Ibis & Orchid Designs Flowers of Light Collection
Offered by GeeksHive, Inc.
Price: $17.55
5 used & new from $17.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Large night lights are very "purty and sturdy", March 29, 2014
These are a great line of high quality, classy and plenty-bright nightlights for use all over the house. They are large nightlights and feel very sturdy. It's not that flimsy stuff that looks cheap and cheezy. These are a good buy.

This purchase was my fifth different flower. I put a pink bulb in a Peony one that I thought was kind of bland looking and now it is bootiful! For this Gardenia one I am using a clear light bulb and it looks just great! But a pink or baby blue bulb would be interesting to try when this clear bulb ceases to work.

I turn these on in the evening and leave them on until daylight. It saves fumbling for a light switch in the dark and consumes less electrical power that a larger bulb being turned on and off or left on.

I wish they would make something like a large red pepper or green pepper for the kitchen. I have the colorful Bird of Paradise nightlight in the kitchen now.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13