Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for Aaron Morris > Reviews

Browse

Aaron Morris' Profile

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Aaron Morris RSS Feed (Tustin, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Tronfy iWork Mini 4.0 Minimal Wireless Headset with Mic for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5, 5S, 5C, Bluetooth Enable Device, Android Smart Phone - Black
Offered by TecKlife
Price: $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Headset for Information Junkies, January 5, 2016
For my purposes, this gets FIVE STARS, but I knocked off a star because this headset is not great for music. The sound quality is just not up to the task.

But that's not what I got it for. I'm an information junkie, and when I'm walking, running, shopping, or waiting in line, I use that time to listen to podcasts or audiobooks. I find any kind of wired connection to my cell phone to be annoying, so I just wanted a small Bluetooth earbud I could stick in my ear. This fits the bill perfectly, and is actually better than I envisioned.

It paired flawlessly with my iPhone, and I really like that it uses verbal prompts. It tells you when it powers on, when it links, and when it powers off; no need to look at lights or remember what "beep boop" means. An unexpected surprise was the "VoiceDial" feature. I've had this on other Bluetooth headsets, but this one activates Siri. The entire face of the earbud is a button. Hold down the button for a second or two, and it switches to VoiceDial mode (and tells you that it has done so). Yes, you can then ask Siri to make a call, but you can also use any of Siri's features. Thus, without the iPhone ever leaving my back pocket, I can send text messages, have my text messages read to me, check the weather, etc. I'm sure most Bluetooth headsets now have this ability, but somehow it is cooler that I can do it all with just this little thing in my ear.

Again it's probably standard technology and I just missed the memo, but this works amazingly with my car's Bluetooth. If I'm listening to a podcast on my cell phone with the earbud, and start my car, the podcast switches to the car's Bluetooth. When I arrive at where I'm going and leave the car, the podcast starts playing in my ear again. I don't recall such a seamless hand-off experience with other Bluetooth headsets I've used.

I saw a few reviews discussing the fit. It comes with ear hooks, and an assortment of sizes of the rubber part that goes in your ear, including one that that is twice as long as the others to really hold on. I must have the perfect sized ear canal or something because the pre-installed one fits me. I don't use the hook and the earbud stays put with no problem.

Bluetooth Music Receiver, DBPOWER Car Charger With FM Transmitter, Hands-free AUX Cable, Car Wireless Bluetooth Solutions
Offered by NovaPower
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Way to Make Your Car Bluetooth Compatible if it has an AUX Input, December 30, 2015
I've tried a number of FM transmitters over the years, as a means to get audio from my device to the car stereo, and they always sounded horrible. Apparently this one is no exception, based on many of the reviews by those who attempted to use it as an FM transmitter.

But I recently "inherited" a 2008 Volvo XC90, and needed a convenient way to link my phone to the car stereo for music and calls. The car has no Bluetooth, but it does have an AUX jack. In my primary car, my phone automatically links to the stereo through Bluetooth. I wanted to see if I could do the same thing (inexpensively) with the Volvo.

For that purpose, the DBPOWER couldn't be better. It paired without issue and, thankfully, it now links automatically when I start the car. (Manually linking every time would have been a pain.) Volvo puts the AUX jack by the cup holders, and the coiled cord that comes with the DBPOWER turned out to be the perfect length to reach from the unit to the jack. If the jack was in the face of the radio, as I imagine it is with most cars, it would be even better since the cord wouldn't have to run back along the console (see photo).

Just to summarize, because from some of the reviews a few were confused about the setup, your phone links to the DBPOWER via Bluetooth, and then to your car stereo through the AUX input. There is no issue of "sound quality" because there is no signal degradation with this setup. Sound quality is only an issue if you don't have an AUX input, and are forced to use the FM connection.

Since the DBPOWER is always plugged into the "cigarette lighter" (wow, that probably dates me), there is no worry about charging a Bluetooth device or running power to one. I also really like the controls on the front of the DBPOWER. I can skip songs or answer a call without touching my phone. The unit has a USB jack for charging your phone or other device. There is also a built-in mic for handsfree calling. I've received no complaints about the clarity of calls.

The ability to make a car fully Bluetooth compatible for less that $20 is epic.
Comment Comment | Permalink

iGadgitz Black Genuine Leather Case Cover for Sony ICD-PX312, ICD-PX333 & ICD-PX440 Digital Voice Recorders
Offered by igadgitz_usa
Price: $13.49
2 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Leather Case for my Pocket Recorder, December 15, 2015
Perfect fit for my Sony ICD-PX440 digital recorder. I didn't want a bulky case that would defeat the small form factor of the recorder, and this is as small as possible while still providing protection. I like that the clasp is magnetic for easy access. Belt thingy on the back. Well constructed. The case even has a great leather smell. Very happy with this purchase.

Universal Air Vent Magnetic CAR MOUNT HOLDER for IPHONE 4 4S 5 5S 5C 6 6S Plus, Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 S5 S6 Note 2 3 4 5 Sony Xperia Z Z1 Z2 HTC One M7 M8 M9 NOKIA LG Huawei Xiaomi Mini Tablets etc
Offered by Menko Teleco
Price: $3.39

5.0 out of 5 stars I finally found the perfect cell phone mount!, December 7, 2015
My car simply does not have a good place for a cell phone mount. A vent mount is really my only option, and previously I had used the clam shell type, where you insert your phone and clamp it between the two sliding brackets. I really didn't like those, because it took two hands to lock in the phone, as well as to remove it. With this mount, I just slap my phone onto the magnet and I'm done. As a bonus, whereas the clam shell entirely blocked the vent, by moving this very small mount over as far on the vent as it will go, I still get air out of that vent.

But here are three details of my situation that may not match yours. I live in SoCal, and can count on one hand the number of times a year I use the heater in my car. Sticking your cell phone in front of a vent and then cranking up the heat es no bueno. Also, I use a pretty substantial charger case, and when I tried putting the metal plate inside the case between the case and the phone, the magnet was not strong enough to hold the phone. But since the case and the metal plate are both black, I just stuck it on the back of the case. If the back of your case is a photo of your pugs, that won't be very attractive. Finally, just by the luck of the placement of my car stereo, the aux jack is right below my phone. I clipped the wires off a headphone plug, stuck the plug into the aux jack, and thereby created a little rest for the phone. I used the mount for about a month before I came up with this brilliant idea, and never once did my phone fall off the mount, but this gives me a little more peace of mind.

One reviewer wrote that the magnet is so strong that it pulls off the mount. I had that problem until I realized that the four prongs of the mount create two different widths. I just turned the mount 45 degrees, and pushed it back on the vent. The mount has never come off with the phone since.

Phantom Aquatics Men's Marine Shorty Wetsuit, Black/Blue, XX-Large
Phantom Aquatics Men's Marine Shorty Wetsuit, Black/Blue, XX-Large
Price: $59.99
4 used & new from $49.67

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Batman -- Fantastic Shorty Wetsuit -- Use Reviews as Sizing Guide, August 21, 2015
Fantastic value, and great styling. Perfect for warm water dives and snorkeling. I did six dives around Maui in 80 degree water (colder at deeper depths, of course) and this suit was perfect to keep the water temp from being an issue, while at the same time allowing the water to feel refreshingly cool. My prior shorty was a 3mm, and on a hot day it was miserable while I waited my turn to enter the water from the dive boat. Even though the outside temp was 90 degrees with 70% humidity during these dives, I was comfortable waiting my turn. I can only attribute that to the fact that this suit is only 2.5mm. This also made the suit perfect for snorkeling. Even in the warm surface waters, with the sun beating down on me, I was nice and cool. My friend, who gave me grief for wearing a wetsuit to snorkel, paid the price with a nasty sunburn on his back. The flip side of that coin is that this suit does not provide much insulation, so really -- warm water dives only!

Thanks to all for posting your weight and height here, because that proved to be the best sizing guide for me. By the time I ordered this wetsuit, it was going to arrive just two days before I was leaving for Hawaii, so no time to swap for a different size. Based on what I read in the reviews, I opted for an XXL, and it was a perfect fit. I'll add my stats to assist others. I'm 6-2 and 215 pounds. The XXL was snug but not the least bit restrictive. It is tight enough that I never felt water getting into the suit, but just loose enough that I can pull it off my shoulders with no assistance.

Nikon Fabric Carry Case for Nikon Coolpix P80, L100, L110, L120, L810 and L310
Nikon Fabric Carry Case for Nikon Coolpix P80, L100, L110, L120, L810 and L310
Offered by Norman Camera & Video
Price: $4.95
8 used & new from $2.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect case for my Nikon Coolpix L120, August 1, 2015
The Nikon Coopix L120 does not have the best form factor for a point and shoot (won't fit in a pocket but doesn't really warrant a camera case), but it's a nice compromise between my SLRs and pocket cameras, given the superior optics. When on vacation, I generally keep a small pocket camera clipped to my belt to supplement my iPhone's camera, but this is my camera of choice if I know I'll be doing some serious sightseeing, but don't want to lug my SLR.

I wanted the smallest possible case to protect it, without resorting to a bulky camera case. This case fit the bill perfectly. It has small notches in the top to accommodate the camera strap on the camera, so no need for a second strap. There is ample storage space in the top for four AA batteries, lens cloth and memory cards. There are also side pockets.

Tip: If you put loose batteries in the top, they'll slide out when you open the bag. I just wrap the four batteries in a piece of plastic wrap, and they stay I place.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Wagner's 62059 Greatest Variety Blend, 16-Pound Bag
Wagner's 62059 Greatest Variety Blend, 16-Pound Bag
Price: $19.98
15 used & new from $19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Birds Sure Seem to Like It, April 29, 2015
I don't purport to be an expert on bird seed, but I can give you my quick impressions.

I have a feeder in my yard, and I've loaded it over the years with bird seed I purchased from Target and Home Depot. Birds seemed to appreciate the effort. Never gave it much thought.

Then I happened to buy a bag of this seed from Amazon, more for convenience than anything else. I loaded up the feeder, and in a couple of days my yard filled with birds. Apparently birds have a discriminating palate. I have never seen so many birds attacking the feeder. I've also noticed a greater variety of birds. Do the birds a favor and buy this blend.

Mpow Bluetooth A2DP Music Audio Receiver Adapter for Bose Sounddock and 30-Pin iPod iPhone Dock Speaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great on my Ion Tailgater!, October 11, 2014
Although advertised as being for the Bose Sounddock, I got it for my Ion Tailgater, and it works great! I had previously purchased a similar device (sorry, don't recall the brand), and it worked well initially, but then it flaked out. I prefer this one in any event for a couple of reasons. First, unlike the other one, the Mpow has no "on" switch. I just leave it plugged into the Tailgater, and make the bluetooth connection with my iPhone when I want to use it. Also, it is a little bigger and more substantial, and has clearly visible blue flashing lights to let me know it's on. Finally, it provides an audible sound to signify pairing.

Just be clear that this device needs power. Whatever device you are using it on must have a charging feature. The Tailgater, for example, is designed to be used with an iPod or iPhone, and has a switch you can optionally flip to charge the iPod or iPhone. For the Mpow to work, that switch has to be in the on position, to send it power. I see a number of poor reviews that relate to unpowered sound docks.

Luxury Jinhao 250 Calligraphy Faountain Pen Black and Golden Clip Art Pen
Luxury Jinhao 250 Calligraphy Faountain Pen Black and Golden Clip Art Pen
Offered by isawyou
Price: $3.89
8 used & new from $3.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Value!, September 10, 2014
I can't believe the low price of this fountain pen. I bought the silver with gold accents version, and it looks like a $100 pen. I've only used it with ink cartridges. The ink flows very smoothly, and for some reason, unlike some of my other fountain pens, it continues to write even after the cap has been off for an extended period of time. My highest recommendation. I've ordered two more, and I'll update this review if it turns out the quality is not consistent.

How To Write A Book Without Typing It in 6½ Easy Steps: #1 Secret Hack for Authors, (The Blueprint Author Coaches Use to "Write" a Book with Less Effort, No Writer's Block and Faster Results)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave me the push I needed to start dictating, March 23, 2014
Your experience with dictation software might match my own.

I tried it once (it actually came with Word Perfect at one time) but never really got into it. The time spent editing out all the mistakes it created ended up being comparable to what it would have taken to type the document in the first place. In my case, I've gone through that process a couple of more times. I was sent a review copy at some point, and even paid to upgrade it to keep it current, but never go into the habit of using it.

However, I was thinking about giving it another try, and came across this e-book. The book finally motivated me to to take the time to implement and develop my dictation technique, and my writing efficiency has taken a quantum leap as a result. I am a very fast typist, but I cannot type anywhere near as fast as I talk (no one can, that’s why we attorneys pay the big bucks to court reporters, and even they must constantly tell people to slow down).

This book is less about the how and more about the why. That's really as it should be, because the how is simple. Buy Dragon Naturally-Speaking and use it. There isn't much to say beyond that, but if you really want to get deep into the use of Dragon, there are a number of books on that topic. I think this book serves the far more important purpose of getting you to make the leap by explaining why dictation is better than typing, not just from an efficiency standpoint, but in terms of creativity. As another author explained it, humans have communicated through storytelling for millennia, and the typewriter/keyboard impeded the natural flow. Now, as Sean Fiedel explains, we can return to a far more natural writing style through dictation.

With multiple blogs to feed, I need to be able to create quality articles quickly. My technique is to use a wireless headset for the dictation. I pace the office talking and even gesturing as though I am explaining something to someone, the only difference being that I end sentences with punctuation and say “new paragraph” when appropriate. I don’t look at the computer monitor during the process. I found that the time it took to edit by voice (“select ‘Brad Berry’, spell it, B R A D B U R Y, go back”) was the time-consuming part of the process. If I make a mistake, I just say “fix this” and keep going.

I use Dragon Naturally-Speaking on my computers at the office and at home, as well as on my laptop. Writing an article with the keyboard seems so last millennium. It’s like the scene in the Star Trek movie, where the crew travels to the past (our present), and Scotty sits down at a computer and starts talking. When that doesn't work, he picks up the mouse and talks into that. Finally, when Bones points to the keyboard, Scotty says, “how quaint.” Once you truly get into dictating, you'll view using the keyboard the same way Scotty did.

You can do much more with Dragon Naturally-Speaking, including operating your computer. For example, you can open your email program, dictate an email and send it without ever touching the keyboard. For me, though, I just use it for the lightning quick entry of text; mostly for articles and letters. For some documents, where I will be structuring and outlining as I go, I still find that the “quaint” keyboard is best, but even there I use Dragon to speed up the process. To start dictating, you just say “wake up” and the mic turns on and Dragon types whatever you say. So, when I come to a point where I am going to insert my brilliant thoughts, I just say “wake up”, dictate in all that I want to say, and then say “go to sleep”, at which point I return to typing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2014 7:52 AM PDT