Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for Meg > Reviews

Browse

Meg's Profile

Customer Reviews: 396
Helpful Votes: 2073

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Meg "Livin la vida loca in Maine!" RSS Feed (Presque Isle, ME, United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Panasonic RPHC56K Headphones
Panasonic RPHC56K Headphones
Price: $44.67
68 used & new from $34.73

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, July 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not sure how these are considered to be noise canceling. I tried them out and (yes I turned them on with the battery installed) and could still hear other noises around me. I think these are supposed to be a cheap alternative to Bose noise canceling headphones, but they don't even come close. Extremely disappointed in these flimsy ear buds especially when considering the Panasonic name.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2015 8:31 PM PDT

Zenna Home H21WW04, Luxury HotelWaffle Weave Shower Curtain, 70 in x 72 in, White
Price: $22.82
17 used & new from $15.72

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality product!, July 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Definitely a keeper! It has a great weight and feel to it, and the white really brightens up my bathroom!

DII Bone Dry Microfiber Dog Bath Towel with Embroidered Paw Print, 44 x 27.5", Taupe
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, July 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We've had a muddy backyard this year for some reason, and have gone through multiple towels cleaning 3 sets of big dog paws before they come into the house. This is the best one yet! It really gets the mud and the dirt of their paws and I've noticed my floors are cleaner because of it. The microfiber does an amazing job and it is a great size. I definitely recommend using this over a regular shower towel!

Artscape 02-3606 Melange Window Film, 24 x 36-Inch
Artscape 02-3606 Melange Window Film, 24 x 36-Inch
Price: $24.97
2 used & new from $24.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love Artscape, so it is no surprise that I find this film to be top notch. It is true that it isn't to be used on a window in a private room (i.e. bathroom), but it does provide a modicum of privacy for a door. I have a window on my back door that looks into the kitchen. This artscape film allows me to not have some privacy and in a very beautiful way. It is easy to install, and I can't say a bad thing about it!

Taylor Big and Bold Dial Thermometer, 13.25-Inch, Green
Taylor Big and Bold Dial Thermometer, 13.25-Inch, Green

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good! But will it last?, June 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I hung this on a tree about 15 feet away from my front window and can see the numbers very clearly from there. I find the thermometer to be accurate. I like the color of the thermometer as well.

What I didn't like was how flimsy it feels. It feels less substantial than a typical kitchen clock. I've had it up for a few weeks now, but I'm not sure how well it would stand up year after year.

essie Nail Color, Corals, Tart Deco
essie Nail Color, Corals, Tart Deco
Price: $8.50

1.0 out of 5 stars What happened?, June 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I usually like Essie Products, but this one came to me thickened and hard to apply. I applied it and instead of a nice Coral, I had a chunky orange. Im not sure what happened, but I cannot recommend this as is.

The ADHD Advantage: What You Thought Was a Diagnosis May Be Your Greatest Strength
by Dale Archer
Price: $14.56
53 used & new from $12.69

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID!!, June 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Honestly, it's hard for me to write this review - I haven't read a book that has made me this angry in a long time.

I chose this book to review based on its premise - using ADHD to your advantage. To give you my background and why I would be interested in this would be the fact that I have severe ADHD Combined Type (Inattentive and Hyperactive). I am a college graduate and have worked with students with learning disabilities. I work with students using what's called the "Strengths Perspective" from Social Work - this is using the students' strengths to overcome their weaknesses (i.e. using ADHD's intrinsic creativity and quick thinking vs fighting against it. So this book seems to be right up my alley right?

Absolutely not. It is hard for me to say what angered me most - his assertion of not using medicine with ADHD, or his self diagnosis of ADHD. Adults who have been legitimately diagnosed with ADHD know how difficult it is to get a correct diagnosis. To be diagnosed as an adult, you have to show proof of ADHD in your childhood through childhood records, interviews with your family, rating scales, with a qualified mental health professional. Dr. Archer self diagnosed himself with ADHD, which people with ADHD know happens all the time. How many people in our lives say "Oh I have ADHD too?' Yes, everyone shows symptoms of ADHD from time to time, but to actually have it, it MUST have (and continue to do so) interfered with your daily functioning since you were a child. It doesn't let up, and it doesn't begin when you're an adult. Even though Dr. Archer is a mental health professional, if he wanted to be diagnosed, he needed to see another doctor. His self diagnosis seems convenient.

In this vein, I also took umbrage at his description of people with ADHD as "ADHDers". I am more than a diagnosis, and have multiple facets to myself. not just as a person with ADHD. He continuously labels people throughout the book, and that also got my ire up.

There is so much wrong with this book, I could honestly write a research paper on it. This book is pop psychology at its worst. Dr. Archer lost any credibility with his supposed self diagnosis. And reading through the references he used did not impress me. He didn't use academic research and refereed journal articles. Often he used popular news sources such as CNN or online health sites like WebMD. Or his own books!

Basically avoid this book like the plague! There are so many books that address this subject better.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2015 11:59 PM PDT

DII 100% Polyester Wrinkle Resistant Wide Tablecloth, 70 by 84-Inch, Light Blue, Seats 6 to 8 People
Price: $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great table cloth!, May 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While I would prefer a different shade of blue to go with my home decor, this table cloth is great! It is truly the blue that you see in the picture. It fits well on my large dining room table. While I haven't spilled anything (yet) on it to be able to speak of it's stain resistance, it looks great!

Hefty Slider Storage Bags, Quart, 40 Count (Pack of 9)
Hefty Slider Storage Bags, Quart, 40 Count (Pack of 9)
Price: $45.24
3 used & new from $38.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, April 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It is amazing how many uses you can find for little plastic storage bags. These are just great at whatever job I use them for! They zip shut and stay shut and don't break open like lesser brands! I highly recommend them!

Zenna Home 2135AL, NeverRust Aluminum Tension Corner Caddy, Satin Chrome
Zenna Home 2135AL, NeverRust Aluminum Tension Corner Caddy, Satin Chrome
Price: $79.99

1.0 out of 5 stars The Spring Had Sprung!, April 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I asked my husband to install this, and he wrestled with it for half an hour just to find out that the spring inside the item was "sprung" and wouldn't stay in position. Looking at it myself, I don't think that this feels like a 99 dollar item. Look at the Simple Human one instead!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20