Profile for Meg > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2007

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Meg "Livin la vida loca in Maine!" RSS Feed (Presque Isle, ME, United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Original Gourmet Lollipops Starter Kit, Original and Cream Swirl
Original Gourmet Lollipops Starter Kit, Original and Cream Swirl
Price: $30.00

3.0 out of 5 stars One flavor packs!, March 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First off my low rating isn't about all the lollipops. My low rating comes from the horrible taste of some of the lollipops and the fact that many of the pops themselves were broken. I liked several of the flavors very much (Cotton Candy, Pina Colada, Cheesecake) but couldn't stand flavors like strawberry lemonade and grape! I believe this variety pack would be a good deal if you were filling a jar at school or an office, where everyone likes different tastes, but for a small family, the good ones are quickly gone and you're left with bupkus!

QuickDraw 25' Precision Measuring Tape-Contractor Grade, Features Self-Marking Technology, Tru-View Indicator, Nylon Coated Blade
Price: $19.99
9 used & new from $14.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, but this doesn't work!, March 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I tried to use this tape measure when taking measurements of a closet. I had the hardest time using it, as it wouldn't stay latched at the spot I needed. I couldn't get the graphite mark to work either. I had my husband try it and he didn't care for it either. We went back to our old standby tape measure and forgot about this pretty quickly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2015 4:39 PM PDT

Phenomenal: A Hesitant Adventurerís Search for Wonder in the Natural World
Phenomenal: A Hesitant Adventurerís Search for Wonder in the Natural World
by Leigh Ann Henion
Price: $17.52
59 used & new from $13.37

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me!, March 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had a hard time connecting to this author in reading the book. I'm not a mother, nor am I a nature lover (I have really bad allergies). Honestly, I think you might enjoy this book, but I couldn't get into it.

Through the Flames: Overcoming Disaster Through Compassion, Patience, and Determination
by Allan Lokos
Price: $19.23
82 used & new from $9.85

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read - especially people in pain!, March 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was really inspired by reading this book.Most of us have never been through what this man has been, but we find ourselves bitter at our life circumstances. Allan really made me think about my own attitude towards the "plane crash" in my life.

Love Never Dies: How to Reconnect and Make Peace with the Deceased
Love Never Dies: How to Reconnect and Make Peace with the Deceased
by Jamie Turndorf
Price: $20.31
53 used & new from $14.84

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., March 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've unexpectedly lost both my parents in the past 5 years , before I turned 30. I'm still mourning their loss. I had the opportunity to read this book, and I can honestly say I got nothing out of it. It reads like a diary of her own experiences, and where she stretches to make connections where there truly aren't any. I would definitely recommend for people to skip this book!

His Love Never Quits: Finding Purpose Through Your Pain
His Love Never Quits: Finding Purpose Through Your Pain
by Cherie Hill
Price: $8.71
54 used & new from $4.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed!, March 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I enjoyed reading this book, especially where I am in my life right now. It was a reminder that God's love truly never does quit no matter what we're going through.

Recovering Redemption: A Gospel Saturated Perspective on How to Change
Recovering Redemption: A Gospel Saturated Perspective on How to Change
by Michael Snetzer
Price: $13.98
90 used & new from $6.63

3.0 out of 5 stars Editor needed!, March 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I enjoyed this book as much as I could in the way that it was written. I was distracted by the wordy prose and poor grammar.

Prayers For People Who Say They Can't Pray
Prayers For People Who Say They Can't Pray
by Donna Schaper
Price: $12.74
41 used & new from $8.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Be advised!, March 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I read the description of this book, I believed that it would be a book that helped teach people to pray. It's not. What it really is is just a book of prayers. While that isn't bad in itself, I wasn't looking for a book of only prayers.

The Measure of Success: Uncovering the Biblical Perspective on Women, Work, and the Home
by Carolyn McCulley
Price: $11.09
59 used & new from $5.94

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it!, March 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really enjoyed this book. I felt that the author did a wonderful job with discussing what could be termed a very sensitive subject (the role of women working vs. staying at home with children). It wasn't heavy handed or judgmental.

The Top Ten Things Dead People Want to Tell YOU
The Top Ten Things Dead People Want to Tell YOU
by Mike Dooley
Price: $12.48
79 used & new from $7.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible., February 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've lost both my parents within the past five years, and both unexpectedly. I'm now 33 and still in a good amount of pain from their loss. I decided to read multiple books on the subject of the afterlife, and I can honestly say that this one is the worst. I feel as if Mr. Dooley is preying on people's grief and pain. He never goes beyond an explanation of how he knows these things - he states that he "just does". He takes Occam's Razor out of context (which states among competing theories, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected. Philosophy scholars have debated this for decades and have caution in using this out of context. (Simple Philosophy 101!). The thing that really bugged me the most in the book is his constant dismissal of organized religion. He uses his brand of philosophy to dismiss multiple religions. I have a big problem with that. In grief, what people often have to hold on to is religion and the hope of seeing their loved one again in the context that they're comfortable with. Mr. Dooley has no basis to take that away.

I feel that this book is pure fairy tale which is making money of people and their grief. Avoid this book!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2015 4:16 PM PDT