Profile for Meg > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 1972

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Meg "Livin la vida loca in Maine!" RSS Feed (Presque Isle, ME, United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
SteelSeries Siberia Elite Prism Gaming Headset-Jet Black
SteelSeries Siberia Elite Prism Gaming Headset-Jet Black
Price: $199.99
38 used & new from $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love them!!!, December 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've never had headphones like these. They are truly amazing and probably the most comfortable I've ever worn. They are too big to wear in public, but as used for computer headphones, they are amazing. I use them for gaming, but I found they sound amazing listening to DVDs, music and everything else. And the color change feature is amazing! Definitely recommended!

Lonely Planet The World: A Traveller's Guide to the Planet
Lonely Planet The World: A Traveller's Guide to the Planet
by Lonely Planet
Price: $23.58
32 used & new from $19.57

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book!, December 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have to say I loved this book! I wasn't sure what to expect when I received it, but it was great. Reading it reminded me of when I was young and I would take an atlas out and check out random places in the world that no one had heard of. I didn't read it straight through, I picked and chose what to read and I've now got quite a list of places I would like to visit in the future.

Tweezerman Smooth Finish Facial Hair Remover (Colors May Vary)
Tweezerman Smooth Finish Facial Hair Remover (Colors May Vary)
Price: $19.71
4 used & new from $19.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me!, November 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't get a mustache or beard, but I do get very fine peach fuzz. I usually use a trimmer every few days to get rid of it, and that has worked fine. I do love Tweezerman products, so I decided to try this item, as weird as it looks. I didn't use my trimmer for the days before it got to me, so I would have something to test it out on. Unfortunately, I had to go back to the trimmer!! This did absolutely positively nothing for the fuzz. I tried it both ways that it recommends for small and large hairs and nothing! I made sure I was twisting the ends correctly... still nothing! I was quite disappointed as I usually sweat by anything made by Tweezerman.

Looking through the reviews, it looks like it is hit or miss with this product. I'm not sure if it is made primarily for people who have the aforementioned mustache and beard hairs that may be a bit more coarse. For me, it didn't work at all. I'll stick with the trimmer.

Brother PTD400AD Label Maker With AC Adapter
Brother PTD400AD Label Maker With AC Adapter
Price: $55.99
34 used & new from $49.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Tries to do too much. Fails., November 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love label makers! As someone with ADHD, I have to be extremely organized to be able to overcome my disability. To this end, a label maker is a necessity for me. I label files, storage totes, drawers, - basically anything that can be labeled! (Much to my husband's dismay, once on a label binge, I labeled him "Husband". He turned around and labeled me "Needs a life") I have the following label makers in my home:

Dymo Label Maker 450 Turbo - Connected to my iMac, I use this for files as it is always on my desk, and I can store pre-made templates
Brother Personal Label Maker PT-90 - A cheaper version of this one, without all the "bells and whistles". Used for primarily for storage totes, and left in my storage room in the basement.
Brother Personal Label Maker PT-1090 - about 4 years old, no longer sold. My go to on the run for labeling things in the garage or places I don't usually have a label maker.

So you can see I consider myself a connoisseur of label makers. (I think my husband may be correct about me needing a life)

I took this for a test run, and unfortunately, I'm not impressed. Yes, it does many things, but I found you need the manual with you to be able to take full advantage of all of the functions of it. God only help you if you lose the manual, because it is not user friendly or intuitive in any fashion (As I'm a techie, I always look at these items from a stand point of someone who may not be as familiar with technology).

The first test I ran was coming up with a simple file label, as a portable one such as this would be most commonly used for.I input the text, and pressed print. This is where I ran into the first thing I didn't like about it. To print, you need to push the print button once, and then again to confirm. That's not intuitive at all in my opinion. When I want a label to print, I only want to press the print button once.

Then the label printed way too large and I didn't care for the default font of "Helsinki" (it is worth noting that your common fonts such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana, etc are not available for you to choose). So I had to look up in the manual what fonts were available, and how to choose them in the menu. The user guide is comprehensive and I had no problem finding what I wanted to change the font to, and how to change the size.

I did that, and the label came out much smaller. All is well right? Well no. I had decided to use a frame around it. I couldn't find, (and still can't) find a way to adjust the frame so it matches the text correctly. From what I've read in the user's guide and online, the frame will only adjust size as you change the tape. To clarify, this label maker can use various widths of tape, so when you use a smaller width, it will then and only then change the size of the frame.

That brings me to another issue I had with this printer - at the current price, I assumed that it would automatically detect what size label you are using. Not so! You have to refer to the user guide to figure out how to set the label size. Also, you can change the margins so you don't have so much waste at the ends of the label, but that comes down to trial and error - you really have to play around with it and waste tape adjusting the settings.

This label maker, is first of all expensive at its current price point.. That being said, yes it does many different labels, fonts, frames and even bar codes, but what does it do really well? Not enough to justify it being purchased. Most of us want a label maker that will do one thing really well - print clear labels that we can print out and stick to various items (or husbands). If you want to take the time and make some spectacular labels, well ok, I can see this being of use for scrapbooking or some art project. Honestly, if you're looking for a good basic label maker, you can find many fairly cheap (15 dollars or so) here on Amazon that will do what you want and do it well.

PPS - Did I mention mine squeaks to high heaven? Another black mark!

George Foreman GR136B 2-Serving Classic Plate Grill
George Foreman GR136B 2-Serving Classic Plate Grill
Price: $25.79
6 used & new from $21.74

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended., October 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This grill is entirely too small. I had hoped to use this when I would be making meals for only myself, instead of dragging the big GF grill I already own out. I could get one hamburger on it, but it was too small for a piece of fish or steak. I also agree with many of the other reviewers who state that it feels flimsy. It is made of plastic more than metal, so it just doesn't feel substantial. I would avoid this one and go with a full size GF grill instead.

Double Dutch Club Mild Wild 20 Inch Hardside, White Leopard, One Size
Double Dutch Club Mild Wild 20 Inch Hardside, White Leopard, One Size
Price: $104.50

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great bag!, October 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a really cute bag, the colors are bright and cheerful! The inside of the bag is patterned with a blue and white stripe. I was pleasantly surprised to find a clear makeup bag and dust cover contained within the bag. My favorite part of this bag is definitely the wheels. They are probably the most amazing wheels I've ever felt on a suitcase. They turn on a dime and are easy to maneuver.

I'm going to be bringing it on a road trip in a few weeks, I'll report back as to how it holds up!

Angel Soft Facial Tissue, Soft Packs, 165 Count (Pack of 12)
Angel Soft Facial Tissue, Soft Packs, 165 Count (Pack of 12)
Price: $18.63

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, bad tissues., October 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love the idea of the soft pack! How many times when you're sick in bed with a cold, do you roll over on a tissue box and flatten it? Or leaving a box in the car, does it get stepped on? This is a solution to a problem I never thought I had. So I love the soft pack, but I hate 2 things about these tissues - 1. how you open them - I wasted 3 tissues getting the box started. 2. The tissues themselves - they are rough and one ply. I was using these for my allergies instead of my usual lotion added brand, and my nose was bright red after one morning sneezing.

So to sum it up, I love the idea of this soft pack, but the tissues themselves ruin this!

Amprobe CO2-100 Handheld Carbon Dioxide Meter
Amprobe CO2-100 Handheld Carbon Dioxide Meter
Price: $249.43
5 used & new from $249.43

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, September 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm happy to report that this item, even though it feels cheap, actually does work. It came up with 978ppm for CO2 in my living room (eek!), and my Netatmo weather station measured 984 ppm. I feel that the 6ppm that they were off between them was within an acceptable range.

Tangled Vines (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters)
Tangled Vines (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters)
by Kay Bratt
Price: $10.99
46 used & new from $6.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Read them in order!, September 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was definitely an enjoyable book. I started with book two, so I was a bit lost at first and will say I should have began reading them in order.

Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cleanser, 4.5 Ounce
Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cleanser, 4.5 Ounce
Price: $5.99
28 used & new from $5.81

1.0 out of 5 stars More blackheads than usual!, September 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Definitely not for me. I have very oily skin, and use a specialized routine that works fairly well, but I'm always on the lookout for new products. I tried this hoping that it would get rid of some of the blackheads I notice on my nose. I used it for a couple of weeks, and I broke out and actually had more black heads than usual.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20