Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now
Profile for Meg > Reviews

Browse

Meg's Profile

Customer Reviews: 414

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Meg "Livin la vida loca in Maine!" RSS Feed (Presque Isle, ME, United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
SINGER 19" Sewing Machine Roller Bag
SINGER 19" Sewing Machine Roller Bag
Price: $140.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful tote!, April 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a gorgeous eye catching bag, and a huge improvement on my previous plastic case. It is huge, and fits my machine, pedal, fabric and more in there with room to spare. I'm a beginner when it comes to sewing, but carrying around my machine in this bag makes me feel like a professional. While I haven't traveled with it yet, I find it has held up without a scratch being toted around the house - up and down the stairs as well.

Perfect Coat Professional Deshedder for Pets PC-86599
Perfect Coat Professional Deshedder for Pets PC-86599
Price: $19.99
4 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars One recommendation!, April 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I call my house "The Home of the Wayward Wag" - we have four dogs - 11 year old Lab/Rottie Beau, 10 year old black lab Aurora Rose "Rory", 3 year old black lab Cassiopeia "Cassie", and 2 year old mutt Michelle. If you weigh them all together that's about 300 pounds of black dog fur in the house. Oh wait - let's not forget the cat who rules them all - 16 year old Ty! You get my point as far as how much fur I deal with!
But that's the trade off for having them, and I'm good with that! However, I'll accept any help in the war on fur! I brush the dogs 2x weekly with another deshedding brush that I didn't care for as if you weren't careful, it could scratch their skin. This brush did not do that, and for that I was exceptionally pleased! I was able to get a ton of dead fur off them - much more than I feel I usually am able to! None of the dogs whined or tried to wiggle away as I was brushing them. The only reason I feel that this product isn't a true 5 star product is the cat - Ty hates being brushed! He's hated it since I adopted him when he was 5 years old. Nothing I've done has broke him of his hatred of the brush. I am able to brush him myself, but with this brush I had to have my husband help me clean it out every few minutes as it filled up with fur. What would make this brush a 5 star product would be a button to push the fur off of the brush and into the trash one handed as many other brushes do.
That would be my recommendation for this brush. I was very pleased at how well it worked on my dogs, but it frustrated me that I had to have my husband help when I was brushing the cat.

Steamfast SF-520 Fabric Steamer with Insulated Hose and Clothes Hanger
Steamfast SF-520 Fabric Steamer with Insulated Hose and Clothes Hanger
Price: $73.39
3 used & new from $73.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Good steamer despite tank drawbacks!, March 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is definitely a solid product. I was able to steam about 10 shirts, both front and back without running out of water. That fact alone makes it a worthwhile purchase. The only flaw that has me rating this steamer a four instead of a five, is the water tank. It has nothing to do with the size of the tank! What I had problems with is the placement of the hole to put water into the tank. It is situated at the very middle of the bottom of the tank. The sinks in my house couldn't reach the hole. I had to use a measuring cup to get water into the tank. (first world problem!!) My other problem with the tank is placing it back on the steamer. I put the tank back on the opening for the steamer, and it looked like it lined up perfectly. It was off by a fraction of an inch, but it was enough for it to not allow water into the steamer. I sat by it waiting for it to work, and nothing happened. I moved the tank, and then it worked perfectly. But if I hadn't noticed, I wonder what damage could be done to the steamer. I wouldn't allow these issues to scare you off from buying the steamer - just things to keep in mind. But perhaps someone from the company will see this and consider changing the tank design in a future version of this product. Overall a good steamer!

Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver Triple Pear Dangle Earrings
Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver Triple Pear Dangle Earrings
Price: $24.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Great earrings with one small issue., March 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are fantastic everyday earrings! They go with everything you own. The earrings aren't heavy and will not stretch out your earlobes. I think the only drawback I found was the length of the hook. The hook was so long it hit my head behind my ears (not sure if there's a proper term for this part of the body). I noticed by the end of the workday, that area was irritated. I bent the hook, and the next wearing of the earrings didn't have this problem. It's something to be aware of and perhaps improved on.

But other than that, I think these are great earrings. They shine and are just enough - not over the top, but not boring either.

Serta 1 Piece Reversible Stretch Suede Box Sofa Slipcover, Brown/Ivory
Serta 1 Piece Reversible Stretch Suede Box Sofa Slipcover, Brown/Ivory
Price: $91.17

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless!, March 15, 2016
Slip Cover Review

If you thought putting a fitted sheet on a bed was difficult, you haven't seen anything when you try to install this slip cover on a couch. The installation instructions were poor and they gave so insight on how to correctly install the cover. The seams of the cover did not match up to the seams of the couch and when I did try to match them up, the couch looked like a hammock rather than a couch. I tried, without luck, for over an hour to try and put this slip cover on and finally gave up.

I give this slip cover a zero star rating.

simplehuman Stainless Steel Semi-Round Sensor Can, Touch-Free Automatic Trash Can with Liner Pocket, 45 L / 12 Gal
Price: $149.99
2 used & new from $149.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid 4 Stars! Much improved!, March 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had an old version of this product that my dog learned how to open by putting his nose on the sensor, thereby defeating why we purchased it in the first place. So far this one does not open if any of my dogs put their nose on the sensor (trust me all four of them have been trying to figure it out!). This waste basket is a definite improvement on previous versions. My only complaint is that the lid raises every time I walk by it. Where Simplehuman advertises that the basket will learn over time, I hope it stops happening. I will rate it 5 Stars if it stops doing that. This is definitely a quality product that is a solid improvement on previous models.

DII Home Essentials Foldable Fabric Storage Containers for Nurseries, Offices, Closets, Home Décor, Cube Organizers & Everyday Use, 11 x 11 x 11", Chevron Aqua - Set of 2
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, March 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love these! They're similar to the Closetmaid storage bins, but they feel more sturdy. I love the patterns. I used these to organize my purses in my closet and they look fabulous!

BloomSky Outdoor Weather Station Kit - Sky Camera + 5 Weather Sensor
BloomSky Outdoor Weather Station Kit - Sky Camera + 5 Weather Sensor
Offered by BloomSky
Price: $269.99
3 used & new from $257.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, March 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I found the Bloomsky Weather Station easy to set up between the link up with my Wi-Fi network and the outdoor camera and weather station installation. The BloomSky App and website are okay. My only complaint is that I wish there was a way to enlarge both the current skycam shot and the skycam movie. An option to make the cam image and movie full screen would be helpful. Otherwise, the weather station and cam are a really nice product and it is fun to look at the changing weather each day in a 10 second movie.

Derwent Medium Sketch Book, Graphik Inspire Me, 80 Pages of Bleed Proof Patterned Paper (2302237)
Price: $22.04
14 used & new from $17.76

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended. Not Bleedproof., March 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like most artists, when marker paper is labeled as being "bleedproof" I expect it to be as such. Since I am primarily focused on mixed media, I have multiple brands of markers, pens, pencils etc around, and I decided to test if the paper was truly bleedproof.

I used Tombow, Copic, Mr. Sketch, Memento, Sharpie, Spectrum Noir, Crayola, Martha Stewart, Staedtler, Gelly Roll, Sharpie Paint and Prismacolor markers to test. The good news is that most of the markers didn't bleed through. The bad news is that the Spectrum Noir, and Prismacolor did. Obviously they didn't go completely through, but if something is marketed as being bleed proof, I expect it to be such.

I was bummed that the book didn't hold up to my test. It is a nice size for travel and the printed pages are a nice starter for doodling or sketching. The pages are nicely perforated, and come out easily; the back of the book has a nice pocket in which to store your pictures. It is a substantial book, and I'll use it now with my colored pencils. If it hadn't been marketed as having marker paper, and being bleed proof, I would rate this sketch book much higher. However, since it was marketed as such, I have to down rate it, as it doesn't do what it claims to do.
Comment Comment | Permalink

OtterBox Symmetry Series Folio Case for iPad mini 4 - Coastal Dusk (Slate Grey/Blue) - Retail Packaging
Price: $39.41
2 used & new from $38.16

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit!!, February 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have an iPad Mini 4, and no matter what I did, I couldn't get this to fit onto my iPad. I tried every which way, and had my husband try as well. I have an iPad that has 4G from Verizon, so I'm not sure if that accounts for why I couldn't get it on. The detailed instructions that were promised consist of two poorly drawn pictures - absolutely no words. I'm extremely disappointed with this product, which is a first as I have never had a problem with Otterbox in the past. Definitely avoid!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2016 9:50 AM PDT