Profile for Meg > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 1999

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Meg "Livin la vida loca in Maine!" RSS Feed (Presque Isle, ME, United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Top Ten Things Dead People Want to Tell YOU
The Top Ten Things Dead People Want to Tell YOU
by Mike Dooley
Price: $12.48
78 used & new from $11.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible., February 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've lost both my parents within the past five years, and both unexpectedly. I'm now 33 and still in a good amount of pain from their loss. I decided to read multiple books on the subject of the afterlife, and I can honestly say that this one is the worst. I feel as if Mr. Dooley is preying on people's grief and pain. He never goes beyond an explanation of how he knows these things - he states that he "just does". He takes Occam's Razor out of context (which states among competing theories, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected. Philosophy scholars have debated this for decades and have caution in using this out of context. (Simple Philosophy 101!). The thing that really bugged me the most in the book is his constant dismissal of organized religion. He uses his brand of philosophy to dismiss multiple religions. I have a big problem with that. In grief, what people often have to hold on to is religion and the hope of seeing their loved one again in the context that they're comfortable with. Mr. Dooley has no basis to take that away.

I feel that this book is pure fairy tale which is making money of people and their grief. Avoid this book!!!

Herbal Essences  Wild Naturals Illuminating Shampoo, 13.5 Fluid Ounce
Herbal Essences Wild Naturals Illuminating Shampoo, 13.5 Fluid Ounce
Price: $5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me!, February 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I tried this shampoo for a few days before I had to stop and go back to my old shampoo. It dried out my hair something horrible! I use other Herbal Essences products for styling my hair, and have used their different shampoos throughout the years, so I was surprised. I didn't care for the scent either. I was very disappointed in this shampoo and would not recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2015 12:38 PM PST

Barilla Veggie Pasta, Elbows, 12 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Barilla Veggie Pasta, Elbows, 12 Ounce (Pack of 8)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but note how much you're getting., February 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Taste wise, I very much enjoyed this product. I use Barilla pasta in my house exclusively, so I was pleased to be able to try this. I boiled it with olive oil as the package instructs, and served with Barilla red sauce. Here's my complaint. I didn't notice (and this is me, you may already notice), that the box was 3/4ths of a lb of pasta instead of the regular 1lb that you expect. So I had what turned out to be a very soupy dinner.

The taste was fine and I was happy that I was getting some veggies in, but I probably wouldn't buy it again due to the reduced amount that you get.

Gain Flings Original 57 Count
Gain Flings Original 57 Count
Price: $19.27
6 used & new from $18.49

4.0 out of 5 stars I really liked them except for the box!, February 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Some background before I write my review. I have a fairly new Whirlpool Front Loader, I usually use either Tide Coldwater or Powdered Tide. I've used pods before, but only when I travel.

I tried these out with several different loads on different temperatures, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised with their cleaning power. I felt that they cleaned my (and my husband's) clothes as well as Tide. I was most pleased with them in cold water - they dissolved fully and did the same job cleaning our clothes as in warm water.

As far as price wise, Tide Pods and Gain Flings seem to be about the same price. I was surprised to find that per load, Gain Flings came out to a 30 cent savings over my usual Liquid Tide. Even if I was to use two pods, I would still see a 10 cent savings. I may consider switching to the Gain Flings in the future.

However, I did find one flaw with this product that is worth mentioning. The box that the Flings come in is child proof. There's a tricky latch mechanism on the side that you must push in while pulling the lid up. I have no mobility problems, and trying to open the box frustrated me. I suppose you could put them in a large mason jar in your laundry area, but I don't happen to have such an item. So that was the downfall of this item.

I would recommend this product with the caveat of the packaging. I will probably buy these in the future for at home as well as travel. I could definitely see these being a top notch product for someone who uses a laundromat or has to bring their clothes to a shared laundry in an apartment building. No more carrying a large bottle of detergent! A good product all around.

Vidal Sassoon Salonist Hair Colour Permanent Color 1/0 Neutral Black Kit
Vidal Sassoon Salonist Hair Colour Permanent Color 1/0 Neutral Black Kit
Price: $8.99
5 used & new from $8.09

1.0 out of 5 stars Do the Allergy Test!!, February 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been home dying my hair since I was 12 (about 20 years ago). I recently received this to try, and as I always do, I did the allergy test for the product. I've never been allergic to any hair dye and I have used multiple brands, but I always feel it is better to be safe than sorry.

Guess what? For some unknown reason, I ended up being allergic to this dye and couldn't use it. I have no idea why as I've never had a problem before. I wonder what is in it that is different than other brands?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2015 6:44 AM PST

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Roll-A-Rounds Lamb and Chicken Formula Dog Treats
Price: $3.49
14 used & new from $3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Yum taste (according to dogs), Horrid smell, February 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have two black labs who aren't picky eaters but I'm able to tell when they really like something. They go nuts for these treats! I personally can't stand the smell, but they wolfed them down. We were able to use them as training treats for our 18 month old lab Cassie, and she seemed to love them. Honestly, I probably wouldn't buy them because of the smell. There are so many natural organic treats out there that don't smell bad like these.

Febreze Scented Oil Air Freshener with Warmer, Fresh, 0.87 Ounce
Febreze Scented Oil Air Freshener with Warmer, Fresh, 0.87 Ounce
Offered by Mid-Mich Deals
Price: $17.45
6 used & new from $12.56

3.0 out of 5 stars It works..., February 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have quite a few of the oil type plug in air fresheners in my house in "trouble spots" like the bathrooms, kitchen, near the cat's litter box etc. I usually go for mild scents like kitchen lemon or lavender. However, I was pleased to be able to try this out as I do like Febreze products.It came well packaged in a container that was recyclable, which is always a bonus. I plugged it into the bathroom and set it on low. I left the general area and came back a few hours later and the smell was so strong I could smell it clear across the house. While the scent itself isn't unpleasant in itself, the level of fragrance is way too strong. I had to unplug it immediately.

I moved it into the basement near the cat's box, and while it was too strong there, perhaps that's where it needs to be the strongest. I wouldn't recommend this in any sort of small room like a bathroom. It is just entirely too powerful even on low.

Five Star Spiral Notebook, 3 Subject, 150 Wide Ruled Sheets, Teal and Berry Pink/Purple, 2 PACK (73031)
Price: $17.27

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars for 5 Star!, January 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Yes, I am giving 5 Star Notebooks a 5 Star Review. As a professional student with several degrees, over the years I've tried many different brands, but I always come back to 5 Star. Why? When you take notes, you expect the page to stay in the notebook over the semester. 5 Star Notebooks use paper that I consider to be more durable than other brands. The notes I take at the beginning of the semester are in the notebook straight through to the end - the sheet is not worn at the rings. I find the slightly larger size of the page to be ideal for making notes in the margins of the page. I honestly can't say enough about them - they really are that good.

Westcott 6" Titanium Ultra Smooth Spring Assist Scissors with Lanyard - Pink
Westcott 6" Titanium Ultra Smooth Spring Assist Scissors with Lanyard - Pink
Price: $15.17
2 used & new from $15.17

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed., January 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was extremely disappointed in this item. The lock, like others said is filmsy, but my biggest complaint was how they cut. Even though the blades are sharp, these scissors are difficult to use and you have to cut exceptionally slowly to get any sort of straight line. There's no way I can recommend them.

URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Ice
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Ice
Price: $34.95
11 used & new from $29.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, January 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received this case along with my new phone for Christmas and like it very much. It looks very tough and durable and yet it does overly enlarge the overall size of the phone. In addition, the case does not impede or cover any of the important features of the phone, including volume control and the camera. Overall, I highly recommend this case to anyone looking for a tough and durable case.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20