Profile for L. J. Schrader > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 405

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. J. Schrader RSS Feed (Manchester, NH)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rola 59000 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Interior Organizer (25" x 15")
Rola 59000 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Interior Organizer (25" x 15")
Price: $46.41
19 used & new from $46.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect addition to the trunk to keep things neat, December 26, 2014
Perfect addition to the trunk to keep things neat!

I bought two of these and placed them side by side in the back of my car primarily to keep groceries from tumbling around. They work fantastically, providing just the right support without taking up too much space itself. They can be adjusted inside, using the removable center panels. They can be placed wherever you like to make larger, smaller or even no compartments to customize whatever you are carrying.

Two organizers is about perfect for holding a week's worth of our family groceries, or a trip to Target. Nice quality and very functional. So glad I gave them a try.

Worth every penny!

OXO Good Grips Bag CInch, 3-Count, 1 Each: Red, Blue, Green
OXO Good Grips Bag CInch, 3-Count, 1 Each: Red, Blue, Green
Price: $4.99
12 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband and I had a longstanding competition to see who had the best method of closing bread and roll bags, December 26, 2014
These little plastic doodads may have saved my marriage!

My husband and I had a longstanding competition to see who had the best method of closing bread and roll bags, since I absolutely hated dealing with metal twist ties or plastic clips. I would throw them away once I opened the wrapper and fold over the top, but he was sure this was going to make things go stale and would go looking for another way to keep it closed tightly, or complain that I should just learn to love standard twisties. No thanks.

I wasn't quite sure what to think of these little beauties when I saw them, as I am wary of bag clips that really don't stay put or keep things fresh. But, once I looked them over, and realized they were likely another hit from OXO, I gave them a try.

You simply push the spring loaded end, opening the little divot, and pop it over the end of any bag that would use a twist tie. It is so much quicker, easier, less frustrating (and, frankly much cuter, too) and they have made my kitchen a happier place.

Thanks, OXO

13 Function Stainless Steel Small Folding Pocket Knife - - Best Choice Multitool Suite Boy or Girl Scouts - Great Gift Multifunction Pocket Knives for Survival Gear, Walking, Sailing, Craft, Gardening or Camping Gear - Similar to Swiss Army Knives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, hefty, December 26, 2014
Nice, hefty, versatile pocket tool!

It might state Small in the description, but I would consider this an average Swiss type tool size. It feels nice in the hand and has obvious quality. The matte black finish is stylish and the tools are practical, including a super bright LED light.

Love the style and practicality. Great deal!

Minus33 Merino Wool Day Hiker Sock, Denim Heather, Medium
Minus33 Merino Wool Day Hiker Sock, Denim Heather, Medium
Price: $13.49
3 used & new from $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The style and craftsmanship make these socks a great buy. The wool combo is best for wicking, December 26, 2014
Soft, cushiony comfort and quality!

The style and craftsmanship make these socks a great buy. The wool combo is best for wicking, keeping your feet warm and dry. Also, important to my husband, is a top band that holds the socks in place without "strangling" the calf.

Glad we chose these!

Best Multitool Swiss Army Pocket and Folding Utility Knife for Hunting Camping Tactical. Boy Scout Pocket Knife to Use Outdoor Hiking Recruit. Winchester Sog Leatherman Handle Feel for All Heavy Duty Needs
Offered by Online Products Company
Price: $14.97
2 used & new from $14.16

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a terrific Swiss army tool, December 26, 2014
Multitool, multipurpose, nearly never ending! It even has an LED light.

This is a terrific Swiss army tool. The quality is fantastic with a nice hefty feel. The stainless finish with cut outs is really unique and my teenager loved it. If you can impress a 17 year old, it must be great, right?

Definitely recommended for both it's usefulness and style.

Genuine Toyota Accessories PT908-03120-20 Front and Rear All-Weather Floor Mat - (Black), Set of 4
Offered by Oremorautogroup
Price: $79.49
21 used & new from $69.44

4.0 out of 5 stars They are nice quality rubbery plastic and install quickly and easily once ..., December 26, 2014
These mats are much more appropriate for New England weather than the standard carpet mats. They are nice quality rubbery plastic and install quickly and easily once you remove your factory issue mats.

My only complaint is that they are not quite large enough or deep enough to handle super snowy messes. I have ordered the Weather Tech type liners for our other vehicles and they definitely provide superior coverage, with more of a lip than these.

For average wet days, or summer sandy protection, these are fine. The logo makes them look "official" and they are certainly meant for the Camry, so it's a safe choice and they'll blend right in.

High Road Mega TrashStand Car Trash Basket
High Road Mega TrashStand Car Trash Basket
Offered by Colonial Medical Assisted Devices
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, sturdy, December 26, 2014
Nice, sturdy, large trash holder!

I have been looking for a decent sized trash holder for my new car and this finally fits the bill. It perfectly holds a plastic grocery bag, which I just loop over the handles.

It has a flip top lid, which is a bit of a pain when you want to reach back and toss something (it can just be left flapped open, though) but I like to typically leave it shut so it's less obtrusive.

It certainly could also be used as a storage bin. It stands up nicely and has a mesh side pocket, great for holding small items so they don't get lost between the seats.

Terrific buy!

Genuine Toyota Camry Cargo Tray PT908-03151. Black 1 Piece All-Weather Cargo Mat. 2015 Camry
Offered by FrontierToyotaParts
Price: $62.61
3 used & new from $62.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to protect the trunk of my new Camry, December 26, 2014
Great way to protect the trunk of my new Camry. Unpacked easily from shipping and fit perfectly. I placed it right over the existing carpet and it covers nearly completely.

It's a nice medium thickness rubbery plastic, flexible enough to easily lift if I need to access the spare tire, etc. from the cubby under the carpeting.

OXO Good Grips Perfect Pull Flushable Wipes Dispenser
OXO Good Grips Perfect Pull Flushable Wipes Dispenser
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Perfect Pop Up, December 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using wipes for nearly 26 years now (since the first baby and well after the last). We keep them in the bathroom for personal use but also for quick cleanups, as they are super-handy and less expensive than pop-up canister wipes.

I kept the nicest of the "decorator" tubs when they came out a few years ago, and use replacement packages regularly. The average tubs need to be replaced from time to time since they are lightweight plastic and get too much use. The pull through aspect is fairly useless, as it tends to catch or tear the wipes. I needed a better way, so...

This system intrigued me, and I am so glad I tried it! The overall tub is much more substantial and a nice weight and sleek look for keeping in plain sight. The rubber pads on the bottom keep it in place on any surface. You simply press the top and it springs open, then closes easily, keeping everything fresh.

But, the best part is the weighted top piece that lays on top of the wipes. It sits atop the wipes, making the individual wipe quick and easy to dispense. No more clinging multiple stings of wipes sticking out of the top or falling to the floor when you simply want to pull out one or two.

It is also a great, compact size, however....my one disappointment is that it does not hold a full replacement package of my favorite brand of wipes. It will hold about 3/4 of a full 250 pack of wipes, just barely. If you are buying the small packets of flushables, it probably holds the entire thing, but the wipes that I buy come in larger bags, so I have to stow the remainder under the sink in a ziploc until there is room in the dispenser. If it were just a tad taller it would be absolutely perfect.

Once again, OXO has come up with a smart, cute solution. I have never found a product of theirs that disappoints and have them all over the house...now in the BATHROOM, too!

CANON PIXMA MG6620 WIRELESS ALL-IN-ONE COLOR CLOUD Printer, Mobile Smart Phone, Tablet Printing, and AirPrint(TM) Compatible, Black
Price: Click here to see our price
6 used & new from $99.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The little printer that packs a punch., December 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I could not resist the price on a Canon printer compared to other similar brands, knowing the name is well respected. I have always owned HP products (which were generally more expensive, but very long-lived) and decided to try one. The first model that I purchased lasted only about 8 months, before it had so many bugs that we replaced it. We needed another printer and decided to give Canon one more try.

First, it does require a download and/or use of a CD for installation and this was not as simple as it could have been, but doable. If you are going to link it up, you will need to purchase a cable (not included). So far the print quality is good and it functions just as well as more expensive brands, with one caveat. It goes through ink quite quickly. The idea that having multiple color cartridges saves you money is simply not the case. You may only have to replace a yellow, or magenta, etc. but the small individual cartridges are not inexpensive. I've found that I have spent more money on the replacements than I did with combined color cartridges for my HP printer. Although, I have also found that the warning sign for ink replacement is very premature and you can print at least 50-100 more pages before the color is actually out.

Like most similarly priced printers, the paper tray is somewhat limited in capacity, which is a bit of a pain. I would like to be able to load a ream or close to it, and forget about it, but they are simply not large enough to accomate that much paper. I do have to admit I have had less jams with the more limited trays, so perhaps that is a good point.

Overall, I would consider this an average printer for limited use. If you are going to be using your printer for a business or with great frequency, the ink replacement cost will be a negative. I haven't had this model long enough to see what the longevity is compared with my other Canon model, but I am hopeful that this one will have a longer lifespan since we are now using two printers in the household and this one does not take on the biggest jobs.

I will admit that my HP Officejet Pro 8600 is still my favorite, as it was easier to set up and has an overall sturdier quality to it, is quieter and easier & cheaper to maintain. However, the Pixma is smaller and less obtrusive, and certainly less expensive by about $100 dollars. If you are after a bargain, this might be it, but consider the ink cost as well.

Functionally, it's a good choice, plus it has the scanner/copier which can come in handy. Too bad it doesn't go a step further and include a simple Fax.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20