Profile for Magdalena Maslowska > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Magdalena Maslowska "@fabgeekling" RSS Feed (Chicago, IL)

Page: 1 | 2
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Limited Edition -Xbox 360
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Limited Edition -Xbox 360
Offered by Delaware
Price: $84.99
13 used & new from $42.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great limited ed set for Assassins Creed, December 4, 2013
Compared with the previous limited edition of Assassin's Creed this one is the best in my opinion. The figure is very impressive and the most dynamic out of all the AC:LE releases.

The game itself was very enjoyable. It evolved a bit on the introduction of ships in 3 and added interesting alternative gameplay.

Simply 7 Lentil Chips, Sea Salt, 4-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
Simply 7 Lentil Chips, Sea Salt, 4-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
Offered by Peters Select
Price: $39.60
11 used & new from $39.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Very addicting., December 4, 2013
When I say these are the best chips I have ever eaten I'm not saying that lightly. The light, non greasy flavor of these chips is absolutely addicting. There have been times when I've eaten an entire bag in one sitting. I have these on Subscribe and Save and sometimes when I run out before the next shipment comes I can't wait for them to get here. It's a healthier alternative to regular chips and a great way to curb snack cravings.

Some advice. Put some in a bowl and leave the bag in the kitchen ;)

Samsung SM-EFC-1M7FBEGSTD Flip Cover for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini - Retail Packaging - Blue

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice case but not as described, May 10, 2013
If you look closely in the picture you can tell this isn't a leather case. The top is covered in some sort of a silicone fabric.

I would give this 4 stars if it was labeled properly because the case itself is nice and really slick. I have a leather case on my big Galaxy S3 and it does add quite a bit of bulk to the phone. This case on the the other hand is extremely slim. The back replaces the phones back cover, and that's how the case attaches to the phone. The front flap is very thin I'd say around a couple of millimeters.

Only gripe is that the top cover is not magnetized to stay shut. It is possible if you drop the phone the top will open from the force leaving the screen vulnerable.

If you just need a slick case to carry your phone in a pocket or a small purse I recommend it.

Assassin's Creed III Limited Edition -Xbox 360
Assassin's Creed III Limited Edition -Xbox 360
Offered by extendedplay77
Price: $109.86
23 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful set for collectors, November 29, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I pre-ordered the Limited Ed. bundle for $120. The price has since dropped so if you're getting it now you're getting a bit of a deal on it.

I purchased this set specifically for the Connor figure and I'm very happy with it. It's beautifully made and it has a lot more detail compared with the Ezio statue from the previous release.

The flag, the belt buckle and the diary were a nice touch.

Otherwise I thought the game itself was fantastic. I did play during release week and there were LOTS of BUGS but nothing that prevented me from enjoying the story or the play. I don't know if I enjoyed the naval battles as much as other people but at least it was a bit of a break between the typical assassin duties.

I won't comment on the story itself as to not give out any spoilers. Personally I loved it and thought it fit well into the grand scheme of the Assassin's Creed world.

My only gripe with the bundle is that it did not come in a tin collector box. There is a separate bundle for that now.

MICHAEL Michael Kors Women's Quincy Jacket
MICHAEL Michael Kors Women's Quincy Jacket

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely light weight, November 29, 2012
I was looking for a down filled jacket for fall and when this popped up on a lightning deal I got it for $70.

***The Good***
This jacket is extremely light weight. It will be good to wear in early fall or late spring in cities like Chicago or New York when it's typically quite chilly in the morning and warmer during the day. If you have to take off the jacket it won't be a burden to carry around. The weight is lighter than a fleece sweater and you can fold it into the little bag it comes in and stash it in your tote.
The cut of the jacket is very stylish, the cinched waist in the back is a nice touch.
It has a detachable hood.

***The Bad***
The quantity of feathers in this jacket is extremely low. In some places it feels like the feathers are not evenly distributed. This is not apparent when looking at the jacket, but when I touch sections with my fingers I can tell some are more full than others. I don't know if I happened to receive a defective one or if this is the norm. I also believe that in the product photos the jacket appears to be warmer than it really is.

Overall I would recommend this jacket if you're looking for something lightweight for 50-60F degree weather. You might get away with wearing it when it's a bit colder as long as there is no strong windchill.

Armitron Women's 75/4024MPTR Swarovski Crystal Accented Two-Tone Mother-Of-Pearl Dial Bracelet Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice dress watch for the price, November 28, 2012
I got this in a Lightning deal for $24.99 and there was a Special Offer to get an Armitron sports watch for free. From other reviews it seems like this watch goes on a deal quite often so I would recommend watching that if you're interested in buying it.

It's a nice looking dress watch for the price it goes for. I'd prefer if the face was just a tiny bit smaller but it's not too obnoxious. I like that the crystals on the face make it easy to tell time in dim lighting.

Armitron Sport Women's 45/7019BLK Stainless Steel Top Ring, Black Resin Case and Strap Chronograph Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Great casual watch, November 28, 2012
I got this watch as a FREE Special Offer for buying one of the other Armitron watches but I think a $17-$20 range would be good price for it.

The watch DOES come with an instruction sheet. It's inside of the plastic "arm" the watch is displayed on. You just squeeze the sides and pull the part out. You can even see the paper inside.
The instructions are very easy to follow and I was able to set the watch very quickly.

This will be a great watch for every day use or to wear with a casual or sporty outfit. The face is small enough not to be obnoxious but the numbers displaying time are very large.

Other features include a chronograph, military time, and an alarm.

I took off a star because there is nothing extraordinary about this watch.

Assassin's Creed III Liberation PlayStation Vita Wi-Fi Bundle
Assassin's Creed III Liberation PlayStation Vita Wi-Fi Bundle
Offered by Delaware
Price: $349.99
40 used & new from $114.00

5.0 out of 5 stars New travel companion, November 28, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I will try to be brief. Overall I think this is a fantastic handheld gaming device. Considering my last one was a Nintendo DS there is simply no comparison. The graphics are fantastic, it's easy to use and the size is good even for my tiny lady hands.

I purchased this for gaming while traveling. I own a Xbox360 and a PS3 so I didn't buy this for gaming at home nor as my primary gaming device. I think comparing the games or the handheld system to console games or console systems is unfair. There are always limitations associated with what smaller devices can do.

***Bundle/Value***
I got this on a lightning deal for $179, and received a code for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PlayStation Vita and 3x 1mo trials of Playstation Plus. So two games, 4GB memory card, 3 months of PS Plus AND a Wi-Fi Vita for under $200 is a good deal for this. I wouldn't pay more than that for it.

***Vita***
I think the white Vita looks very neat and it masks all those fingerprints! The size is nearly perfect for my hands. I would love it if it was just a tiny bit shorter horizontally as I have to strain my thumbs a bit to touch the middle of the screen. Otherwise the buttons have good placement and it's easy for me to use index fingers on [L] [R] buttons and thumbs on the up/down arrows and action buttons.

***Liberation***
I'm a HUGE Assassin's Creed fan. Loved that the white Vita came as a bundle with the game. The game itself is a lot of fun. Obviously it is adjusted for a handheld device and I did not expect it to play the way it plays on a console. I think overall it stayed true to the franchise and delivered the same type excitement and play.

***Interface***
This is a miss for me. The graphics are so beautiful inside of the games, but the interface with the "wobbly" buttons looks really ugly to me. It is however quite simple to use, if you're used to something like an ipad or a smart phone you'll know what to do. For example "organizing" the icons works the same as it does on an ipad and an android.

***Apps***
I have virtually zero use for apps such as camera, maps, email or music. However I think it's a nice touch for someone who doesn't own a smartphone. Since the Liberation Vita is WiFi only I bet most people will be using the WiFi aspect at home, or maybe a hotel while traveling so personally I don't find these useful.

I recommend this device to anyone who wants to have something fun to do while traveling or commuting but not as your primary gaming console.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Grip-iT Analog Stick Covers
Grip-iT Analog Stick Covers
Price: $4.99
7 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I discovered earlier., November 17, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The grips are indeed comfortable and fairly easy to put on. I'm using these with an Xbox360 controller.
I did struggle a bit, since you have to stretch them over the stick and they fit snugly. But it took like 1 minute so it's not a big deal.

I'm hoping this will prevent the rubberized part of the analog stick from crumbling like it did on my last controller.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy, don't slide off., July 10, 2012
I was looking at various thong slippers when I stumbled upon these and I'm so glad I did. These are extremely comfortable, don't make my feet feel hot and don't slide off my feet when I walk.

The sole is rubber and non slippery on hardwood floors. The microterry part is pure genius. It keeps the slipper firmly straight on my feet and prevents them from slipping off like some of my other slippers do, especially when walking down the stairs!

I'm only upset that the Raspberry is already sold out in my size. I wanted to order an extra pair!

Page: 1 | 2