Profile for B. Smothers > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Smothers RSS Feed (Fair Oaks Ranch TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay Guitar Pedal
TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay Guitar Pedal
27 used & new from $196.76

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Sounds/Zero for Operating Instructions, October 25, 2014
The delay is great. Plenty of options. As with most effects pedals that I've got the instruction manual is horrible, in my opinion. I've watched several youtube videos and still have problems getting this to do what I want. Maybe I am just out of touch because of my age. To me you need a MIT degree to work it LOL. But on the upside you can get some really good sounds out it once you figure it out.

1" Self Adhesive Hook and Loop 5 yards Sticky Back Velcro Tape Fabric Fastener
1" Self Adhesive Hook and Loop 5 yards Sticky Back Velcro Tape Fabric Fastener
Offered by proshop1-us-ca
Price: $7.50

4.0 out of 5 stars ... is 5 but the backing adhesive is not that good IMO. I used this on my guitar effect ..., October 25, 2014
The sticking power of the hook/loop is 5 but the backing adhesive is not that good IMO. I used this on my guitar effect board and pedals. Sticks fairly well to the wooden board but not so well on some of the pedals. Even used 3M heavy duty adhesive spray with it and it still will not stay on some of my pedals. But the price and amount you get is great.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2014 10:21 AM PST

Godlyke Power-All PA-9D 9V Digital Power Supply Deluxe Kit
Godlyke Power-All PA-9D 9V Digital Power Supply Deluxe Kit
Offered by AmplifiedParts
Price: $39.95
3 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Power Supply, October 25, 2014
I've had no problems what so ever with this kit. It powers all my 9 of my pedals and it introduces no noise into the chain. No it isn't as nice as the high dollar units but it does the job.

Boss DS-1 Distortion Supreme Mod Kit for DS1
Boss DS-1 Distortion Supreme Mod Kit for DS1

5.0 out of 5 stars Turned My Pedal Into A Beast, September 16, 2014
This mod kit turned my DS-1 into a roaring beast. I bought a used pedal a couple of weeks ago and really didn't care for it at all. Kept getting volume drops during playing and would have to turn it off and back on to keep it from dropping during solos. Saw this kit and decided to give it a try. The description says 5 different mods you can do with the kit but the instruction sheet has 9. From simple to supreme. I did the supreme mod. I am not the greatest solderer so it took me about 2 hours to do it all. I started by checking every piece I replaced, plugged it into guitar/amp, to make sure it worked before moving ahead. Then it went to 2 pieces, then 3 and then 4. Really is time consuming when you try each replacement. Anyway I am not an electronics genius nor a professional soldering guru and I made it through the mod and surprisingly it works. The pedal is almost like another overdrive now with the distortion turned off. That is how much more volume this gave mine. Worthwhile project and if you have basic soldering skills and the equipment give it a shot. Your modded DS-1 will surprise you.

Fender Vintage Telecaster Bridge Plate
Fender Vintage Telecaster Bridge Plate
Offered by Music123
Price: $12.99
8 used & new from $7.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Plate, March 23, 2014
The only reason I gave this a 4 is because of the shoddy chrome job. The only place this is chromed is in front of the pickup. The back part has zero chrome. I bought 2 and both are the same way. I've gotten imports with better workmanship. That being said that is the only reason I am displeased with the product.

Fender Strat Mexi Tremolo Bridge Assembly Chrome
Fender Strat Mexi Tremolo Bridge Assembly Chrome
Offered by Ant Hill Music, Inc.
Price: $16.99
4 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Beat the Price and Quality, March 23, 2014
Great price. I had to do a little filing to get this bridge to fit as some others. I am replacing everything (pots, pups, tuners, etc) on this guitar so I can't say the bridge is better than the one it came with. I am still waiting on some parts to put it back together. I know the bridge block is 3 times bigger and the Fender is way better in the quality department. I am sure it will be a vast improvement over the one that came with the guitar.

Birchwood Casey True-Oil Stock Finish 8-Ounce Liquid
Birchwood Casey True-Oil Stock Finish 8-Ounce Liquid
Price: $9.36
46 used & new from $9.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Using to finish guitar neck, March 9, 2014
This is my first experience with product. I am using it to finish a guitar neck. It's a lot of work and I probably won't use it again. That being said it does leave an ok finish. It is just to time consuming for my particular needs.

Fender F Neckplate Chrome
Fender F Neckplate Chrome
Price: $9.99
19 used & new from $8.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Neck Plate, March 9, 2014
The plate is ok for me. I know others have said it is light metal but I don't think it really matters. The neck plate to me is more for protecting the guitar body then it is for anything else. The screws are what is securing the neck to the body not the neck plate.

4 x 19/32 x 3/32 HSS Planer Blades - Delta 4" 37-290, Walker-Turner - Set of 3.
4 x 19/32 x 3/32 HSS Planer Blades - Delta 4" 37-290, Walker-Turner - Set of 3.
Offered by American National Knife
Price: $18.90
2 used & new from $18.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Planer Knifes, March 9, 2014
I bought these to put in an old delta jointer. The shipping was fast and the blades look to be good quality. I haven't put them in my jointer yet but they look to be good quality. If my opinion changes once I mount them I will update this review. Also, purchasing these through amazon saves a few dollars than ordering from the ANK website.

Fender Pickguard - Standard Tele - White
Fender Pickguard - Standard Tele - White
Price: $17.86
9 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Pickguard, March 9, 2014
It fits. Shipping was extremely fast from kmc music. Price was right. It's a fender. No issues at all with this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4