Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day
Profile for jackal7 > Reviews

Browse

jackal7's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

jackal7 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Cuisinart FCT33-28H French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
Price: $99.93
18 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great product by Cuisinart!, June 28, 2014
Cuisinart continues to impress! I have used many different types of saute pans over the years to include All Clad and Calphalon, and this pan can definitely hang with the big dogs... and do it without the hefty price tag. It heats evenly, has plenty of room and cleans up beautifully. It is a bit on the heavy side, but that is to be expected with such a large pan. This challenge is effectively mitigated with the helper handle on the side. The one thing that I would have liked to have seen on this pan is a domed glass see-through lid to monitor what you are cooking, but this is by no means a show stopper.

I own an entire set of Cuisinart MultiClad Pro pots and pans to include a Cuisinart 5 1/2 quart saute pan. I have been very happy with all of them; this pan is no exception. I bought this pan because it is deeper than the standard 5 1/2 quart saute pan, which thus far has worked out wonderfully.

If you are looking for quality 5 1/2 saute pan that won't break the bank and provide years of reliable service, this is the pan to buy. A 5-Star Recommend.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Military Style Watch. A 5-Star Buy., May 14, 2012

While waiting for my watch to return from Casio I bought another Casio watch - the Casio G-Shock DW6900. I used that watch for over 13 years till it finally crapped out on me. I couldn't complain. I bought it right before Basic Training in the Army. After 13 years it finally gave up the protective shroud around it, but not the ghost. The watch still works! Unfortunately, considering my chosen profession, and the watch's current condition, I cannot wear it any longer. So again it was time to buy yet another Casio. I chose the Casio G-Shock GD100A. I wore the GD100A for a few years until just recently giving it to one of my comrades in arms. Again, I needed a replacement... that is when I bought THIS watch.

Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF). I love this watch! It truly lives up to the G-Shock name. It is practical, durable, and ultimately does what it was made to do. It has all of the features that a military member or sportsman could want - Time, dual time, date, day, stopwatch, countdown, light, etc... The only feature that I found "lacking" and this is simply a result of choice, is the light. I really liked the "Illuminator" feature from the DW6900. However, it did burn up the battery more than a regular watch light. This model does not have the "Illuminator." The tradeoff? I guess you can take solace in the fact that this watch also has world time. Aside of the little light issue, this is a quality watch that falls right into line with the G-Shock tradition. If you are looking for a solid watch that will provide years of quality service, look no further... this is your watch. A five-star recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2013 9:42 AM PDT

Casio Men's DW6900-1V "G-Shock Classic" Watch
Casio Men's DW6900-1V "G-Shock Classic" Watch
Price: $46.14
46 used & new from $43.83

5.0 out of 5 stars 5-Star Watch without a 5-Star Price, April 11, 2012
I was first introduced to the Casio G-Shock in about 30 feet of water. My friend and I were snorkeling when I saw a flash of light on the bottom of the lake floor. I free dove down to it and to my surprise it was a Casio G-Shock. It had obviously been down there for awhile as it was covered in seaweed and such. Nonetheless it was still working. My guess is that it had been down there about a year or so considering the growth on it. I brought it to the store, got a new band, cleaned up the base and proceeded to wear it for about two years or so. Finally, the battery died. Back then it was recommended that the watch be professionally sealed when the battery was replaced. I sent Casio the watch and the story. They replaced the watch for 10 dollars (the cost of the shipping). Since that day I have been a die hard Casio G-Shock fan.

I bought the DW6900 because I needed a new watch for Basic Training in the Army. 13 years, countless military schools (Airborne, SERE-C, Jumpmaster, etc...), 2 deployments to Afghanistan, 1 deployment to Iraq and dozens of jumps out of perfectly good airplanes later it finally gave up the protective shroud around it, but not the ghost. It still works! Unfortunately, considering my chosen profession, and its current condition, I cannot wear it any longer. As a result, I decided I needed a change and purchased a Casio GD100. Also a very fine watch - see review.

Bottom line ... I like this watch! It truly lives up to the G-Shock name. It is practical, durable, and ultimately does what it was made to do. It has all of the features that a military member or sportsman could ever want - Time, date, day, stopwatch, countdown, Illuminator light, etc... Best of all, it is simple. Even the technology challenged should not have a problem making this watch work for himself/herself. The only downside that I can think of concerning the DW6900 is that it "only" lasted 13 years and not 14. Aside of that, this is a quality watch that falls right into line with the G-Shock tradition. If you are looking for a solid watch that will provide years of quality service and won't break the bank, look no further... this is your watch. A 5-star recommend without a 5-Star price.

Casio G-Shock Digital Black Mens Watch GD100-1A
Casio G-Shock Digital Black Mens Watch GD100-1A
Offered by E Watch Stock
Price: $73.36
9 used & new from $73.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio G-Shock Always Gets My Vote, April 10, 2012

I bought this watch because my Casio G-Shock DW6900 finally crapped out on me. I couldn't complain. I bought it right before Basic Training in the Army. 13 years later it finally gave up the protective shroud around it, but not the ghost. The watch still works! Unfortunately, considering my chose profession, I cannot wear it any longer; hence I bought the GD100A.

I like this watch! It truly lives up to the G-Shock name. It is practical, durable, and ultimately does what it was made to do. It has all of the features that a military member or sportsman could want - Time, dual time, date, day, stopwatch, countdown, light, etc... The only feature that I found "lacking" and this is simply a result of choice, is the light. I really liked the "Illuminator" feature from the DW6900. This one does not have it. Aside of that, this is a quality watch that falls right into line with the G-Shock tradition. If you are looking for a solid watch that will provide years of quality service, look no further... this is your watch. A five-star recommend.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 3-User [Old Version]
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 3-User [Old Version]
Offered by Just 4 Games
Price: $19.95
8 used & new from $18.88

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Anti-Virus Program I Have Found Yet, March 3, 2012
I purchased this program at the recommendation of one of my co-workers who has worked with computers for years. I was having problems with McAfee, which I have used for years and get for free from my company. I was having major problems with both my laptop and desktop despite the fact that I kept my virus programs and MS pataches updated as recommended. I finally decided it was time for a change when my desktop completely crashed. The main point that I would like to highlight in this review is the effectiveness of this product. My laptop had not crashed, so before installing this program, I decided to run a little comparison. I ran the McAfee scan prior to installation of Kasparsky. It found two items, cleaned them and reported accordingly. I then installed Kasparky (which removes your old anti-virus program for you). After installation I ran the scan feature. It found 168 viruses on my computer! I could not believe the disparity between the two programs. Suffice to say, although I can get McAfee for free, I will be purchasing Kasparky from here on out. From the time that I installed this program, which was a little less than a year ago, I have had no virus problems. Kasparsky simply makes a great product! A 5-Star Recommend!

3.5mm Stereo Male / 3.5mm Stereo Male, 2 ft
3.5mm Stereo Male / 3.5mm Stereo Male, 2 ft
Offered by NC-One
Price: $3.30
14 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars What Can I Say?... It's a Great Cable., February 29, 2012
What can I say?... it is a cable. I needed a cable to connect my computer to my stereo. The price was right, so I purchased these. I have had them about a year now and have not had any problems with them to date. They work great; they do everything that they are supposed to do - transfer music signal from computer to stereo. A 5-Star Recommend.

Chicago Cutlery Insignia2 18-Piece Knife Block Set with In-Block Knife Sharpener
Offered by DEAL26
Price: $169.95
6 used & new from $158.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Knives! Great Price!, February 29, 2012
I purchased this knife set almost a year ago and thus far have been very happy with them. I have used a multitude of knives throughout the years to include Wusthof and Henckel. Although this set cannot be touted as a Wustof, it is nonetheless a quality set for any serious foodie that likes to cook. The set includes every key knife that one could need in the kitchen; in my case, the chef's knife, paring knife and slicer tend to get used most frequently. The knives themselves are one piece from stem to stern and have been fitted with large, solid, plastic handles; they feel very nice in the hand when working with them. I noticed that there were some comments regarding the craftsmanship, (the lines were not smooth and a lack of conformity to some degree between the knives), however, I have not found this to be a problem. That is more a matter of aesthetics and have no bearing on the effectiveness of the knives in the set.

The block is of good quality - a place for every knife, very solid and aesthetically pleasing. The built in sharpener is a nice touch as well. If a knife or knives is/are getting a little dull, all one has to do is swipe it a few times in the sharpener and it is back to business. The block itself is a bit large so those that are "counter challenged" might have to do some rearranging or reconsidering.

Bottom line: Chicago Cutlery has done again - they have produced another great set of knives. They may not be top end, but then neither is the price. What is important is whether it is the aspiring chef or the serious foodie, this knife set will do everything that needs to be done. A 5-Star Recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2012 8:25 PM PDT

Amazon.com Gift Cards - In a Greeting Card - Free One-Day Shipping
Amazon.com Gift Cards - In a Greeting Card - Free One-Day Shipping
Price: $10.00 - $2,000.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Who Doesn't Like a Gift Card?, February 25, 2012
Who doesn't like a gift card? More importantly, who doesn't like a gift card from Amazon? Amazon gift cards are just a great gift. They can be used for any occasion, the gift amount is flexible, they can be used for anything offered on Amazon and the shipping is free. What is not to like? There really is no downside to the Amazon gift card. Definitely a 5-Star Recommend.

Cuisinart MCP33-30H MultiClad Pro Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute with Helper and Cover
Offered by Brand Variety

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Nice Saute Pan, February 25, 2012
Just a great saute pan! I have used many different types of saute pans over the years to include All Clad and Calphalon, and this pan can definitely hang with the big dogs... and do it without the hefty price tag. It heats evenly, has plenty of room and cleans up beautifully. It is a bit on the heavy side, but that is to be expected with such a large pan. This shortcoming is mitigated for the most part with the helper handle. The one thing that I would have liked to have seen on this pan is a domed glass see-through lid, but this is by no means a show stopper.

I own an entire set of Cuisinart MultiClad Pro pots and pans and have been very happy with all of them; this pan is no exception.

If you are looking for quality, reliable saute pan that won't break the bank, this is the pan to buy. A 5-Star Recommend.

AmazonBasics Hard Carrying Case for 5-Inch GPS - Black
AmazonBasics Hard Carrying Case for 5-Inch GPS - Black
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Case to Protect Your Garmin, February 25, 2012
When I purchased my Garmin, I wanted a case to protect my navigational genius. This popped up on Amazon as one of the associated buys and seemed like the item that would do the job. It is very straight forward - a simple black hard case with a zipper running along 3/4 of the outside edge securing its contents. Inside there is a little pocket with an elastic band. The case comfortably fits the Garmin itself, the documentation that came with it and all of its associated wires. It is low profile and fits nicely under the seat most vehicles. Overall, a very nice, utilitarian case - A 5-Star recommend.

Page: 1 | 2