Profile for AK Mystery Mom > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 141

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AK Mystery Mom RSS Feed (Anchorage, AK United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
The Faithful - 2014 ABNA Entry
The Faithful - 2014 ABNA Entry

4.0 out of 5 stars What happened to Ryanne?, April 26, 2014
The prologue has me confused, but seeking answers, which I think is exactly what the author was trying to accomplish. Chapter One draws me into the story of a missing girl, her mother with a bad reputation, and Josh, the young cop witnessing this tragedy. In the next chapter we meet Sumner, and his behavior raises more questions. All the characters are well-drawn and interesting, and this excerpt makes me want to read more see how they all fit together.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2014 11:18 PM PDT

Mirrored Time - 2014 ABNA Entry
Mirrored Time - 2014 ABNA Entry

5.0 out of 5 stars So many questions ..., April 26, 2014
This story pulled me in immediately. I like Gwen and want to know why she wants to stay in the city but not go to law school. Why is Alistair looking for such an outstanding candidate for a simple filing job? What's with the wet guy in Archives? Who's the little boy above the ice? Must read more. Well done.

How to Dance on the Moon - 2014 ABNA Entry
How to Dance on the Moon - 2014 ABNA Entry

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing characters, April 24, 2014
I love the characters in this story so far, especially Bootie. The writer does a great job showing us her tender heart and her humor, as well as the burdens she carries, especially her gift. I’m interested in learning more about Grace and the interaction between them. The tone is perfect; tragedy experienced but with an optimistic, upbeat feel.

I Am Livia
I Am Livia
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars History Alive, April 14, 2014
This review is from: I Am Livia (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed experiencing Roman history from the fictional perspective of Livia, the actual wife of Caesar Augustus. I felt her frustration stuck in the traditional woman's role and rejoiced when she was able to find a way to use her many talents to better the lives of her family and of Rome. A very interesting story.

Ctech 360 Degrees Rotating Stand (Pink) Leather Cover Case for Amazon Kindle Fire w/ Stylish Embossed Flowers

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, April 12, 2014
I'm pleased with the looks and function of this cover. It holds my Kindle in either upright or horizontal position easily. I like the elastic strap to hold it closed. My old cover had a magnet, which eventually wore through the fabric and fell out. The only downside of this cover is it's a little heavy and bulky when holding in my hands, but that comes with the territory. Good value.

Adagio Teas PersonaliTea Ceramic Teapot with Infuser Basket, 24-Ounce, Black
Adagio Teas PersonaliTea Ceramic Teapot with Infuser Basket, 24-Ounce, Black
Price: $14.00
4 used & new from $10.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice pot, April 12, 2014
A nice little pot, works well with or without the infusing basket. The size is just right for one person. However, it does tend to dribble when I pour.

No Unspoken Promises (The Warner Saga Book 1)
No Unspoken Promises (The Warner Saga Book 1)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The rake meets his match, March 27, 2014
No Unspoken Promises is a steamy and yet ultimately sweet story. Blake is a wealthy but damaged man, flitting from woman to woman and appalled to find himself stuck with young and innocent Meredith. Meredith may be innocent, but she’s a self-proclaimed hellion and gives as good as she gets. They find the friction almost as exhilarating as their mutual attraction, but there are plenty of complications.

I liked this book. The characters were well drawn and the plot had more depth than many romances. I have to think that Meredith would blush that we know so many steamy details of their most intimate moments, but their attraction is central to the story. Since I’m not a history buff, I can’t comment on the historical accuracy, but I found the setting interesting. I recommend this story for anyone who enjoys romance with sparks as opposites attract and heal one another.

That Gift!
That Gift!
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, March 25, 2014
This review is from: That Gift! (Kindle Edition)
A lovely, sentimental love story of a man who completely blew his wife's gift, and yet somehow it just makes them closer. True love is a wonderful thing.

Kindergarten Baby: a novel (School Days-Grimm Nights Book 1)
Kindergarten Baby: a novel (School Days-Grimm Nights Book 1)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, March 25, 2014
This book wasn't exactly what I expected, but I enjoyed it. It's the story of Lindsey, a wonderful Kindergarten teacher with a not-so-wonderful life. Some of the situations seemed improbable, but the story was told so well I was drawn in. Lindsey is quite likable, and even though the story was darker than I expected, it's still uplifting. An enjoyable read.

Moving Can Be Murder (A Carol and Jim Andrews Baby Boomer Mystery Book 2)
Moving Can Be Murder (A Carol and Jim Andrews Baby Boomer Mystery Book 2)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Boomer-lit Mystery, March 25, 2014
I really enjoyed this mystery. Carol and her "beloved" are funny, likable, and believable, and I could relate to their situation. The mystery was good, as were the other characters. An enjoyable cozy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15