Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for Kula > Reviews

Browse

Kula's Profile

Customer Reviews: 242

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kula RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sony HDR-MV1 Music Video Recorder (Black)
Sony HDR-MV1 Music Video Recorder (Black)
Price: $298.00
19 used & new from $223.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great HD quality, April 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For a camcorder that only does two things, it does one of them pretty poorly. First the good --

Sound--
The sound recording is actually really good, crystal clear -- even when you play it back on the device, the sound is clear and crisp. Very nice. The three stars is pretty much for that. The format is .wav, which I believe is a bigger file because it records the sound better, but I found it was not recognized by all devices.

Video--
The video is not great for HD. It is grainy when watching it on a 13-inch monitor and the colors were off a lot. At work we do a lot of HD video recording and we use simple Canon point and shoots (PowerShot ELPH 115) and they work beautifully. The color is sometimes a little washed out in bright light, but they are still superior to the Sony. At home I use a Canon T3i for HD recording and again the quality is superior to the Sony (granted the T3i is twice the price). But still, I believe if you are going to offer a device for almost $300 that only does two things, it better do both things well.

Nit Picky things--
The screen is not that nice to look at -- large pixels looks like the technology is 5 years old. The recording angle is odd because the screen is on the side yet the lens points forward -- I'm just not used to holding devices the way which you have to hold this one in order to record. Either you have to look at the screen and hold it to the side (not where you are looking when you glance up) or hold it in front of you and tilt your head to the side to look at the screen. Easier to use and meant for use with a tripod.

I think for what this does, there are better options out there. But the ability to record just sound makes this device unique, but I am sure there are different devices out there that do the same.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2014 4:34 AM PDT

Amethyst Innovations M175GR Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Gray
Amethyst Innovations M175GR Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Gray
Price: $17.23
3 used & new from $17.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and connect, March 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This speaker has been great to use in my classroom. It projects the songs from the computer really well and nicely. The sound is a lot richer than the typical laptop computer and it can be in any area of the room. Sometimes it is hard to pair, but it is really sturdy and the children love to hold it and dance around with it (if it can stand up to 5 yr olds, it can weather anything).

The sound quality isn't as great as some portable speakers, but for the price, I really enjoy it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2014 9:17 PM PDT

Belkin Miracast Video Adapter (Supports HDMI 2.0)
Belkin Miracast Video Adapter (Supports HDMI 2.0)
Price: $59.99
11 used & new from $45.00

4.0 out of 5 stars No more having to watch movies on a tiny screen!, February 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had seen several products for streaming content from my tablet/phone to my tv, but wasn't sure which one to purchase. I wanted something that wasn't complicated and had an easy setup/installation. I got exactly that with the Belkin Miracast! All I had to do was plug the dongle into the back of my tv and follow the onscreen prompts to establish the connection with my tablet and in no time I was 'angry birding' on the big screen! Worked perfectly and has come in handy when I want to watch a movie with other people in the room. So far I haven't had any trouble maintaining the connection and the range works well. I was able to watch a full movie without any hiccups or interruptions. My only concern is that it may not work on some tvs or tablets/phones, so you definitely need to check the approved list to make sure your product is compatible. Luckily my tv had an extra USB and HDMI port.

Toshiba CB35-A3120 13.3-Inch Chromebook
Toshiba CB35-A3120 13.3-Inch Chromebook
Offered by jblessed111
Price: $230.00
28 used & new from $120.00

2.0 out of 5 stars This would be prefect if...., February 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
...it actually had storage. With how cheap SD cards are now, it makes no sense to have a computer that has no way of storing anything. I just do not understand the purpose of this device. I think maybe 4 years ago there was a market for this (before iPads and other Android devices) but not so much now.
I like this computer because my MacBook Pro is about 6 years old and it is pretty slow so this device fills the internet searching void, but other than that I don't see its benefit. First, you can only use it if it is connected to the internet. You can't use anything at all unless it has a wifi connection. Even just typing. Nothing. Everything works on apps that are internet based (the settings are even internet based). A few times the internet has not worked, therefore all my data was lost. A few times the computer would not start up and said there was a malfunction with the internet program. Very frustrating.

All in all this is a perfect device for internet searches and nothing else. If this device had memory that would be great. It would be like a backup hard drive to store all your programs, but it is not. Save your money and buy a tablet. There is no need for this device if you have either a fast computer or a working tablet.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2014 10:18 AM PDT

Toshiba Flash Air II Wireless 16 GB SD Memory Card (PFW016U-1BCW)
Toshiba Flash Air II Wireless 16 GB SD Memory Card (PFW016U-1BCW)
Offered by JDI Electronics
Price: $24.99
30 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to setup and easy to use!, February 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This wireless SD card is really easy to use and setup us a breeze. I
first set it up on my Samsung Galaxy tab -- just needed to download
the app. Then, while the camera is on, open the app and search for the
SD card. One you enter the password, all the pictures that are on the
device show up and you can choose which ones to download. But it did
not download the video (not sure if it's able to transfer such big
files).
All in all this is a great wireless device and I only wish I had
purchased one sooner!

The Duchess of Duke Street Episode #1.1
The Duchess of Duke Street Episode #1.1
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, February 16, 2014
I enjoyed Upstairs, Downstairs and downloaded The Duchess of Duke Street based on John Hawkesworth's name. For some reason I thought I probably would watch one or two episodes. I just completed watching all the episodes in Season 1. The characters are believable and their eccentricities/weaknesses/strengths are well developed. The set and costumes are well done and mirror the time period realistically. Great actors and I am sure that I will watch a few episodes again. But, for now I am onto Season 2!

Point South Furnishings 2-Pack Marlette Accent Tables
Point South Furnishings 2-Pack Marlette Accent Tables

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful addition to living room, December 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These end tables are great -- very easy to put together and even comes with extra bolts, screws, and wooden pegs. It took about 10 mins from start to finish to put them both together. They look great in our living room.

A few things to consider -- the top tray does not nestle in anything, it just sits on top. At first this annoyed me, but because of the size and weight it won’t fall off with a bump; but they do slide back and forth about half an inch; so something to think about if you have small children.
The size of the top part surprised me -- I thought it would be smaller. It’s kind of heavy, but because of that when you place it on a soft surface like a couch the contents on it wont slip or spill. Because of the size, the top fits my 15-inch laptop and all the shelves do too.

The pieces arrived with one noticeable piece of the wood peeling along the side of the top tray. And the wood around one of the trays is not a consistent size -- it goes from thick to thin to thick again.

All in all this is a great purchase. I am really happy with these and I am very pleased with their sturdiness, and ease of assembly!

Better Body Workouts for Women
Better Body Workouts for Women
by Dean Hodgkin
Price: $19.95
55 used & new from $0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Whole body approach, December 18, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What is the best about this book is that it begins with a fitness routine that encompasses a whole, well-rounded mind and body connection.
It starts off with your specific body type, and what type of food you should eat and why (if you tend to put on fat easily eat less carbs, you tend to put on muscle more easily, eat more protein, etc). It includes what type of meals you should eat if you are focusing on strength training vs. physical endurance. The book also has a physical fitness test so you can easily gauge your fitness level and make a routine that best suits your goals. There are also tips on most pages, including tips for technique for different physical routines (biking, swimming, running, etc).

What I like about this book is that it tailors the workouts to you specific body types; for instance if you put on muscle easily they have a specific way to do the strength training, verses if you put on fat more easily, you will do the same exercise at a higher intensity. There are so many exercises out there and not one routine is a one size fits all for many reasons. This book gives you the tools to know what routine will work best and WHY.

Really great info, complete info, and allows you make a plan that suits your body type, lifestyle, and fitness goals.

I would recommend this book for people who are starting an exercise routine as well as people who want to know a little more in depth on why they do a particular exercise.

Yoga for Runners
Yoga for Runners
by Christine Felstead
Price: $16.47
58 used & new from $7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally an all inclusive exercise book, December 18, 2013
This review is from: Yoga for Runners (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love running. It makes me happy. It makes me feel good. It hurts my body. A lot.

I have been to many physical therapy appts for various injuries related to running. I have told all of them that I know it's because I have tight muscles; weak muscles; or a combo of both. They all dismiss this and give my stretches that fix the immediate problem, but have not been able to prescribe a program to keep injuries from happening.

Enter Yoga for Runners --
First, the layout is great -- short, sweet, and to the point. It focuses on a whole mind, body, spirit connection -- and why. For me, I remember everything better if there is a why. For instance, the chapter on tight muscles in the hip are from overuse in running, this means they are weak muscles, then they give you the 4 or 5 yoga poses that support building, strengthening and elongating this muscle group. You can also turn to a page that pictures a yoga pose and it will tell you how to do it and what muscles you will be helping by practicing it.

I just wish this type of book had been available when I began running. I recommend it to ANYONE who runs or does any cardio.

SteelSeries Siberia Elite Headset with Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound (White)
SteelSeries Siberia Elite Headset with Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound (White)
Offered by RightSpot Electronics
Price: $179.95
7 used & new from $149.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Eh... not at all what I expected, December 18, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was so excited to have nice headphones to use for games and also for music on my macbook and on my iphone. i was disappointed with a few things that I will explain:

-I could not get my macbook to recognize the headphones; I was not running the right OS, so the software would not work. I tired to see if there was an update for my computer and there was not. Siberia's website said an earlier version of their program would work, but it did not. I have not been able to access the color changing feature, which only works when plugged into the USB.

-The headphones are quite heavy and slip a a lot no matter what position your head is in. The fit is not good.

-The sound quality was not impressive. Usually as soon as one experiences superior sound quality, you can tell the difference immediately. I kept checking with my other headphones ($30) and did not notice a considerable difference at all.

-Forget about wearing earrings with these (I know, I know most people who buy these will be men, but none the less something to consider), the headphones make them pierce your head.

-The sound does not go that high. I do not like listening to music on a high volume, but at its highest, I still had to strain to hear some songs.

All in all I was really not impressed and would not suggest anyone to spend this kind of money on these. I'm sure there are better headphones out there for less or similar pricing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20