Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Labor Day Savings with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Profile for Kula > Reviews

Browse

Kula's Profile

Customer Reviews: 230

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kula RSS Feed (USA)

Price: $13.11
74 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars More serious than I thought it would be, October 27, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
By the title of this book, I thought it was going to be more sarcastic and an exaggeration of common sense, but it is not. It is based in reality and seems to teach the common sense and manners parents nowadays are not teaching their kids. "If you do not do your homework, do not make excuses, let your instructor know that you haven't done it and ask if you can make it up. Do not let it happen again." My mother would have said that to me when I was 10, but her word choice would have not been so nice.
An easy read that touches on important points for young adults, but again it just reiterates common sense (that I guess isn't so common anymore).

SilberDream earring flower pink 925 Sterling Silver SDO508P
SilberDream earring flower pink 925 Sterling Silver SDO508P
Offered by Fit4Style Silver Jewelry
Price: $15.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for 7th birthday, October 27, 2013
I got these for a friend's daughter for her 7th birthday. She really liked them, and they were just the perfect size for her - not too big and not too small. They look girly and age appropriate. Nice product.

Purple Belkin Smooth Tri-Fold Cover with Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - 7.0 inch (Purple)
Offered by ShopSmartSave
Price: $4.99
18 used & new from $1.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and Nice, October 27, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wish tablet covers were a little less expensive, but I guess to $40 to protect something that is upwards of $300 is worth the cost. And cases that are less expensive just feel cheap -- you really get what you pay for. Belkin consistently makes products that are sturdy and hold up to daily wear and tear. The tri-fold cover makes the tablet rest at comfortable viewing angles.

All in all a good purchase and I am pleased knowing the cover will last a long time.

Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence
by Rick Hanson
Price: $15.05
73 used & new from $10.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily written to be a quick reference for happiness, October 16, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Just reading some reviews, and it seems the exact reason I liked this book is the same reason others didn't.

What I loathe about the typical self-help book is when authors tell you what you need to do (i.e. don't get stressed) but in 500 pages give you no help on how to do that. What I really like about Hanson's book is that he gives you the tool, an anecdote or two, examples of how to apply it, and examples of what we typically do and how to break the pattern, all if this is peppered with light research -- just enough for you to feel that it's not hogwash, but not too much that it bogs down the point of the chapter.

For example in the second chapter Hanson talks about taking in the good in life, he begins the chapter with an anecdote, gives 4 steps (abbreviated H.E.A.L.), and then elaborates on each one. Hanson then explains HOW you can do each step in your daily life (appreciating the little things, be yourself, enjoy good experiences, etc.). Then at the end of the chapter he sums up what he has just said in bullet points. Easy for quick references.

I am sure not too much in this book is groundbreaking, but it appeals to me because he gets right to the point in each chapter, he gives simple tools with a brief scientific explanation of why/how they work.

Great read and great content. I would recommend this to anyone looking to be more optimistic in their everyday life, or just needing a reminder of all the wonderful things life has to offer.

You Knew Me When
You Knew Me When
by Emily Liebert
Price: $11.49
140 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy, fun read, October 16, 2013
This review is from: You Knew Me When (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So many other reviewers have told what the plot is, so I will skip that in my review, I'll just tell you what I thought about the book.

I found the story engaging, not the best I have ever read, but I definitely wanted to finish it and find out what happened to Laney and Kitty (Katherine) to break up such a solid friendship. Libert's writing is just the right mix of beautiful, well thought out descriptions, but it also moves along nicely.

What I really did like about the book is that I found the storyline as well as the characters were developed and relate-able. I also found it refreshing that what drove them apart wasn't anything too dramatic. It was just a life event that could really happen to anyone. And also friendships have been broken over lesser stuff. So I applaud the author for not making the storyline over the top.

What I did not like was I felt like the character types are kind of tired -- Katherine the high powered driven career woman, mid-thirties, no kids, husband, harsh, cold, has a lot of money, has not visited family in years, etc. and Laney -- the working mom who got married and had a kid young, longs for the single life. I think every chic-lit book I have read in the past 10 years has one of these. Also, I found it kind of weird that Laney was so affected by their friendship ending, but Katherine was more okay with it.

Anyway, not a life-changing book, but a good read, non the less.

Eureka AirSpeed ONE, Bagless Upright Vacuum AS2013A
Eureka AirSpeed ONE, Bagless Upright Vacuum AS2013A
Offered by Big Red Toolbox UK
Price: $76.31
13 used & new from $59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, loud, works well, August 25, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This vacuum is really good for the price. I have a $200 Hoover vacuum and the two perform the exact same. We just moved and had to clean our whole carpeted house, we had this vacuum going for almost 2 days straight and it never overheated or stopped working. The bagless see through canister was easy to clean and see when it was full. What I really like about the vacuum is that it is so lightweight, it makes vacuuming the stairs so much easier than with the much heavier Hoover.
This is a really good vacuum, one star off because it sounds like a jet plane taking off when it comes on.

SKLZ DRLZ Timer - Workout Interval/Circuit Timer
SKLZ DRLZ Timer - Workout Interval/Circuit Timer
Price: $19.28
13 used & new from $18.50

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty limited capabilities, May 20, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like the simplicity of this design. You have the option of four rest times -- 30, 60, 90, or 120 and three interval times -- 60, 90, or 120.

But the simplicity of being able to use this timer fast, does not allow for greater flexibility with the times or set numbers. You can only go up to 10 for sets, sometimes you may want to do 11 or 12, but this does not allow for this.

One other thing I do not like is the beep. I thought with the option of vibrate, there would also be an option to not have a beep, but instead the timer beeps and vibrates at the same time -- the beep is pretty loud, so I personally would not want to use this at the gym.

So to sum up ---
pros -- quick and easy to use and set up
cons -- limited options (times and set numbers), loud beep

I also own the gym boss, and prefer that over this one for the amount of options available.

Jabra VOX Corded Stereo Headphones
Jabra VOX Corded Stereo Headphones
Offered by Happybabies
Price: $45.99
8 used & new from $44.95

4.0 out of 5 stars hard to change tracks, May 15, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
All in all these headphones are pretty nice and the sound quality is great. I wouldn't necessarily say they are worth how much they cost, but they are good.
The one problem I have with them is how difficult it is to use the controls. One click to pause; two clicks to skips to the next track; three clicks to go back to the previous track. The one click works well, but once you start clicking more than once, the remote only recognizes one click and tends to just pause the song. I still can't figure out how to make it work so that it responds accordingly to the number of clicks. When I do it fast, it will just pause and when I do it slow it definitely just pauses.
Without this flaw, I would like the headphones a lot more.
As I said, the sound is good.
Just the controls need some work.

Creative Sound Blaster Axx SBX 10 Sound Blaster with Bluetooth Wireless and Dual-Array Microphone
Offered by Reforger
Price: $59.99
4 used & new from $49.49

5.0 out of 5 stars good, just needs a wall adapter, May 15, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like this speaker. The sound is amazing. The only problem is with it's power source -- it can only be used while plugged into a computer. I thought this would be a completely wireless product, but I was mistaken. BUT once I realized I could used a USB adapter and plug it into a wall socket, I was okay with it. I wish it was battery charged so it could be portable, but it is not advertised as that, so it is okay. Bottom line -- easy to use, sound quality is great. I would recommend this to anyone who needs an external speaker.

Pros:
-The sound is really good
-easy to pair with your device
-controls are simple to navigate
-not too much to have to learn in order to use

Cons:
-I wish it came with a wall adapter

Moshi Moonrock In-Ear Headphones, Pink
Moshi Moonrock In-Ear Headphones, Pink
Price: $39.00

4.0 out of 5 stars good, but not for working out, April 18, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like these headphones. the call quality is clear and the sound volume for listening to music is good. With the different earbuds, you can easily find your fit. I like how each side of the earbuds are differently colored, so it is easy to put the correct side that has the microphone in your ear for when you have a call.

The buds aren't good for running, they fall out pretty easily.

The only thing I don't like is when tapping the button to go backwards or forwards in a song, you have to click so fast that it sometimes only recognizes one click and pauses the music.

Other than that they are great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20