Profile for Bold Consumer > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 444

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bold Consumer RSS Feed (USA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
PureGuardian H7500 90-Hour Elite Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier, 1.32-Gallons
Price: $139.95
7 used & new from $139.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I gave away my old humidifier that required maintenance and I'm loving these, both the larger version and the smaller one., July 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I retired my old humidifier with all the stuff that had to be cleaned and replaced.

First I got the 2-gallon version of the PureGuardian. Loved it!
Then I got this 1.32-gallon version.

Other than the color, the 2-gallon being black and this one being white, there subtle differences and lots of similarities.

They both are very easy to use, basically plug-and-play.
They both have the extension wands which give it a space-ship look, but they do disperse the mist better, although it does just fine without them.

The 2-gallon version was a little heavy for me to turn over and place in the unit, but not a problem.

The 1.32-gallon version is a little lighter, a little easier to fill, turn over, and fit it in place.

Both versions are the same height and width, but the 2-gallon version is deeper, so the 1.32-gallon would be a good choice if space is an important issue.

The night light is easy to get rid of, but makes an attractive night light if you like that. There's a timer, an adjustable humidistat, 3-level mist control, an 'Auto' function which I like a lot, and the choice between cool and warm mist, which I'm not sure really matters much.

Using the digital display that comes with it and comparing it with another one that already have in the room, it's sometimes slow to register the rise in humidity, but eventually it does. I don't know if it gets beyond 50% or not because I've never let it go further than 50%.

So, I gave away my old humidifier that required maintenance and I'm loving these, both the larger version and the smaller one. I recommend them.

Lost Women of the Bible: The Women We Thought We Knew
Lost Women of the Bible: The Women We Thought We Knew
by Carolyn Custis James
Price: $13.35
93 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I highly recommend Carolyn Custis James' books, particularly for women who wonder about their place in God's plan., July 4, 2015
Carolyn Custis James is my new favorite non-fiction author. She writes with spiritual grace, knowledge, and authority. Her books have revealed and are revealing to me so much that I've previously missed while reading God's word. Some of it is intriguing and thought-provoking, including one that was also enjoyable, the story of what we actually know about Mrs. Noah. It makes you wonder why we don't know more about her since she is the ancestor of all of us. Just going through the process of unpacking all that we DO know about her helps when reading about other people from the Bible, extracting just exactly what we do know and giving us lots to wonder about. Carolyn Custis James is a heroic author. I am busy buying and reading her books as fast as I can, always learning more than I thought I would. I highly recommend her books, particularly for women who wonder about their place in God's plan.

After the Fall, Before the Fall, During the Fall
After the Fall, Before the Fall, During the Fall
by Nancy Kress
Price: $10.75
58 used & new from $4.13

5.0 out of 5 stars The characters are interesting and the plot actually believable. I greatly enjoyed it., July 4, 2015
The plot is based on the earth being slowly destroyed, people kidnapped and placed in a dome. The characters are interesting and the plot actually believable. I greatly enjoyed it.

Preen Garden Weed Preventer - 5.6 lb. 2463795
Preen Garden Weed Preventer - 5.6 lb. 2463795
Price: $12.99
20 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A H-U-G-E container that covers lots of territory. The spout helps apply the right amount. Three months later, it works!, July 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a H-U-G-E container that covers lots of territory. The spout helps to apply the right amount. Three months later, it works! I also very much like the results I got from the Preen Weed Preventer with Plant Food.

I had heard about Preen for years, but not being much of a gardener, I didn't know why people always recommended it. This year I used it with my container plants and in the garden areas of my yard. The weeds just didn't grow the way they usually do. In our neighborhood some people have decided to give up their gardens because of the weed problem. I paid someone over $1,000 to dig out weeds one year, but decided that was not a good plan when he turned out to be an annoyance for lots of reasons. Never again. The Preen Weed Preventer prevents weeds. It's as simple as that. The container has a little spout that helps shake out the right amount. There is a little video on Amazon that demonstrates how much to put out. It's pretty much mistake-proof though if you should put too much or too little. Preen is guaranteed to block weeds up to 3 months. This container covers 900 square feet.

1) Remove any existing weeds, being careful to remove their roots, because Preen doesn't kill existing weeds.
2) They recommend a three-inch layer of mulch to help retain soil moisture and keep the soil temperature even, plus they say it looks nice and tidy. Your choice there I would think. Sometimes I use mulch and sometimes I don't, but as their instructions mention, mulch also has weed-preventing properties of its own.
3) Sprinkle the Preen Weed Preventer on top of the mulch when the garden is dry, b ecause you don't want the granules to stick to wet leaves.
4) You're supposed to water in the granules to release the weed preventer ingredient within two days of application, unless it's going to rain.
5) Some random weeds may appear, usually those that had already sprouted but weren't visible yet when you applied the Preen.
6) Finally you re-apply the Preen Weed Preventer mid-season to "keep seeds from the current year's weed crop from germinating, bearing in mind that many weeds set seed in late summer or fall." Great idea! That cuts down on next year's work, although I don't plan on running out of Preen now that I've used it.

PureGuardian H8000B 120-Hour Elite Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier with Digital Smart Mist Sensor, 2-Gallons
Price: $169.99
9 used & new from $135.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek black unit holds 2 gallons of water. Fill tank, screw lid on carefully, turn it over/place it on the base, plug/turn it on, July 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this to help with allergies. It's a sleek black unit, as attractive as a humidifier can be, and very simple to operate. I'm known for not being able to follow instruction manuals, but this one is clear and easy to understand.

There are two pieces. One is the water tank which holds 2 gallons of water. It is HEAVY when filled, and you just make sure that you screw the lid on tight, turn it over and place it in the unit base, plug it in, and turn it on. It couldn't be simpler. It started immediately and after a very short time was up to 50%. I have good air circulation in my house, so that may be an advantage. The air obviously has to circulate.

There is a very tiny but pleasant sound that is hardly noticeable. In fact, if anything it would be helpful when trying to get to sleep, if you noticed it at all.

There is kind of a "pole" that you can stick on the top of it so that the mist dispenses higher and covers more area faster. Without it you see more mist. I haven't decided yet which way I prefer. Both work fine.

Negatives for me was that
*2 gallons of water is a lot, so it was a little bit of exercise turning it over when full. Okay, it wasn't that bad once I knew which way to turn it. Now it is not a problem. Just my own personal learning curve. No water spilled out.

*I squished my hand just a little as I was figuring out which way to turn it. Again, it only happened because I wasn't sure which way was supposed to face out/in. Now it is not a problem.

Risk/Reward: Why Intelligent Leaps and Daring Choices Are the Best Career Moves You Can Make
by Anne Kreamer
Price: $13.62
70 used & new from $8.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Discussions on various aspects of risk-taking followed by examples written by celebrities., July 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The author gives what I would call short essays on different aspects of risk-taking. These were followed by fairly short examples written by celebrities on their own risk-taking experiences. Excellent and appropriate quotations were sprinkled throughout. I would recommend this book to someone who is facing a big decision, just to get the thought processes going.

Prodigal Father Wayward Son: A Roadmap to Reconciliation
Prodigal Father Wayward Son: A Roadmap to Reconciliation
by Sam Keen
Price: $11.75
61 used & new from $6.78

2.0 out of 5 stars TMI for me. I wasn't able to relate, even though the writing skills of both authors were excellent., July 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While the writing was excellent, I felt as if I were listening in on a conversation between two men at the next table in a restaurant. I would be happy to know that they had learned to communicate with each other, that they had sorted out several decades of pain and poor relationships and were on the mend. There was a point that was just so disgustingly vulgar that it wasn't worth my time reading it. I really just didn't want to know anymore. There was just TMI.

Hot Wheels Spin Storm Playset
Hot Wheels Spin Storm Playset
Price: $44.99
2 used & new from $44.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The idea is to see how many HotWheels cars you can wreck, right? It's not called a "Spin Storm" because it's a safe ride., June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The idea is to see how many HotWheels cars you can wreck, right? No, seriously, the idea is to see if you can get the cars through the loop and down the ramp safely, although who really wants to do that?! It's not called a "Spin Storm" because it's a safe ride. You really do need more than the one car provided, and some 4-D batteries. Other than that, it's HotWheels, which doesn't take much of an explanation.

Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil, 200 Sq Ft
Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil, 200 Sq Ft
Price: $10.03

5.0 out of 5 stars If we still had that old-fashioned American tradition of the "Pound Party" for new brides, this would be included., June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Everyone loves Reynolds Wrap. It's a household essential. What makes this product stand out is the fact that is's got 200 square feet of aluminum foil in a very compact, easy-to-store box. I'm not sure how they did it, but it fits in my Reynolds Wrap drawer better than the ones I still have in there, and I'm not as likely to run out of it. If we still had that old-fashioned American tradition of the "Pound Party" for new brides where everyone brings a lb. of this or that, the Reynolds Wrap would definitely be included.

First, Fast, Fearless: How to Lead Like a Navy SEAL
First, Fast, Fearless: How to Lead Like a Navy SEAL
by Brian "Iron Ed" Hiner
Price: $20.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly I came out of this book a lot smarter than when I went in. I’m already putting some of what I’ve learned to work., June 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had to ask myself in the beginning why I would be interested in a book written by a Navy SEAL. I was pleasantly surprised. The book reminds me of a very excellent Executive Management Retreat, very much worth my time. I’ve already used some of what I’ve learned.

The author starts with the history and organization of the Navy SEALS, in great detail. Since that’s not a goal of mine, I read that part quickly and got on to the part that would help me as CEO of an already successful business.

The chapters start with an example from a military experience. While I wouldn’t have thought it would be especially interesting, not being a military person, it was a very helpful addition to the text.

The ‘training manual’ then goes on to the Leader as Moralist, the Leader as Jurist, the Leader as Teacher, Steward, and finally Philosopher.

One of my favorite famous quotes used in the book was “When your opponent is hurrying recklessly, you must act contrarily and keep calm. You must not be influenced by the opponent---Miyamoto Musashi.

We learn how to be ‘present’ in times of stress: “Leaders present in times of stress are far more valued than ones who stop by once in a while when things are going well.” Topics include ‘risk’ in how things get done, how stress, fear, and negative energy are overcome. I enjoyed the point of how to “make things happen, not to let them happen to you---to be the cause, not the effect.” That’s in the “Adopting a First Strike Mindset" section.

Amazingly I came out of this book a lot smarter than when I went in. I’m already putting some of what I’ve learned to work for me. My poor book, however, hasn’t survived the process very well. It is covered with highlighters and notes, a sign that tells me I really liked a book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20