Profile for Bold Consumer > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 463

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bold Consumer RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Starfrit 93209 Rotato Express - Electric Peeler
Starfrit 93209 Rotato Express - Electric Peeler
Price: $19.71
23 used & new from $19.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for peeling potatoes and oranges. I am buying a backup today in case one ever breaks. Don't want to be without it., May 3, 2015
I love this for peeling potatoes and oranges. I'm buying another one today in case it should ever break. I don't want to have to do without it. I mainly use it for peeling potatoes. One of my favorites is sliced, baked potatoes. The only thing I didn't like was peeling the potatoes first. Now it's no problem at all.

About the oranges. I've loved oranges since I was a small child. LOTS of oranges. I'm probably one of the best orange peelers around. However, this is so much easier and does it as well as I can. Saves time, so I tend to grab one and eat it more often, which is healthy.

Tri-Lynx 00028 White 6-LED Solar Light with Motion and Dusk/Dawn Sensor
Tri-Lynx 00028 White 6-LED Solar Light with Motion and Dusk/Dawn Sensor
Price: $22.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little solar light that works without a lot of fuss., May 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love solar lighting! It took me a couple of days to warm up to this one, because I'm not mechanical and wasn't sure which was the on, off, or motion detecting switch. To make it worse (or actually better), the switch is covered in a little foam sheath to protect it. Finally, as I experimented with it, I discovered which was which. I plan on leaving it on motion detection. The light itself is just right for my purposes, to alert me when someone is there. I'm using the Velcro strips rather than screws. We'll see how that works over time, weather, etc. All-in-all, this is a brilliant little solar light that works without a lot of fuss.

Scotch 5-Inch Soft Touch Pointed Kid Scissors, 12 Count Teacher Pack, Green (1442P-12)
Price: $15.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use sharp tip scissors with soft handles, intended for ages 6 and up. Nice product., April 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are easy to use, but remember that they are pointed tip and too sharp for tiny children. They work as well as grown-up scissors for my purposes. Designed for both left- and right-handed users. Amazingly they have a 5 year limited warranty, which I hadn't really ever expected from scissors. I can't imagine returning them. There are 12 of these 5" pointed tip scissors with soft touch handles. They are intended for ages 6 and up.

The Attacker's Advantage: Turning Uncertainty into Breakthrough Opportunities
The Attacker's Advantage: Turning Uncertainty into Breakthrough Opportunities
by Ram Charan
Price: $17.14
74 used & new from $12.05

4.0 out of 5 stars The author makes us think out of the box, which is always rewarding and stimulating., April 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The book is helpful for stimulating your thinking toward recognizing change and building on it to your advantage. Our world is full of disruptions. The business path we thought was going to take us into the future is often met by roadblocks, challenges, and opportunities. The key is to recognize those and act on them. "Structural uncertainty" is a good term for what we all face today. What worked years ago doesn't come close to working today. The author makes us think out of the box, which is always rewarding and stimulating.

Five Years in Heaven: The Unlikely Friendship that Answered Life's Greatest Questions
by John Schlimm
Price: $17.25

5.0 out of 5 stars What a delightful human being Sister Augustine was. I am happy I got to know her through this thoughtful, kind, loving book., April 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very kind, thoughtful, loving book. The absolute perfect reader would not be me, but I love it anyway. The ideal reader is a Catholic who is an artist and/or pottery maker. The wisdom Sister Augustine shared with her artist friend, who just happened to drop by one day and just kept coming, is valuable to me as a Southern Baptist. It was pure joy to get to know Sister Augustine and learn about her 'joys and sorrows' and she opened the kiln and observed the results of her work. Some were joys and others were sorrows. What a delightful human being! I'm glad I got to know her.

3M Fastener TB3526N/TB3527N Hook/Loop Black, 1 in x 10 ft (1 Mated Strip/Bag)
3M Fastener TB3526N/TB3527N Hook/Loop Black, 1 in x 10 ft (1 Mated Strip/Bag)
Price: $18.14
8 used & new from $18.14

4.0 out of 5 stars 3M fasteners specifically made for certain tasks. This one for upholstery/wood. They have another one for plastics, etc., April 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this to use on a beautiful designer ottoman with quilted patterns on a gorgeous wood base. The material is separating from the wood in a couple of places, so this is my solution. It's designed to secure fabric to furniture, so couldn't think of a better solution for my beautiful ottoman.

This product uses hook and loop fasteners. Apparently it can be used on cushions, airplane seating, carpet panel attachments, uniforms, gloves, and clothing. These are somewhat a little more industrial than my purposes, but that's okay. I also have a piece of wood that is supposed to be framing my generator box, but it wasn't put on right. Since I'm not a carpenter, I'm just using this instead.

They have another similar product for plastics, etc. I have that one too. I'm just hoping I will remember to read the very helpful, easy-to-use description on the storage baggie so I get the right one for the right task.

3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fastener TB3551/TB3552 400/170 Black 1 in x 10 ft (1 Mated Strip/Bag)
Price: $37.02
3 used & new from $20.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Indoor/Outdoor Adhesive for metals, Glass, Plastics, and Paints (not Wood), which features high temperature performance., April 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a sturdy recloseable fastner. In other words, you can use this to fasten something, unfasten it, and fasten it again.

This is an Indoor/Outdoor product. It comes in a plastic storage bag that holds 2 sets of fasteners. You cut off the length you need from each loop, attach them, and you're good to go! This says that it has high temperature performance. We live in an area where we get the coldest of ice storms and the hottest of drought weather. Mailbox alert systems and other outdoor attachments sometimes fail. That's the main reason I use this. It's a general purpose acrylic adhesive for metals, glass, medium to high surface energy plastics and paints. I'm not sure I understand all that, but I do understand metals, glass, plastics, and paints. It doesn't mention wood, but they have another product that is designed for attaching upholstery material to wood. I have that one too.

Ortho Weed B Gon Weed Killer, RTU Trigger 1 gal
Ortho Weed B Gon Weed Killer, RTU Trigger 1 gal
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and you don't have to mix anything or hook it up to your water hose. Excellent product that gets results., April 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Excellent product! I love to use it because it's easy to use and it's effective. Keep in mind that it doesn't keep new weeds from growing. It just kills the ones you hit with the spray. It's a surface killer rather than into the ground. I will only use the RTU or Ready To Use weed killers because I refuse to hook them up to a hose, etc. With this one you don't have to do anything other than put on the spray nozzle that comes with it and spray it. Have a little patience because doesn't provide instant results, but it doesn't take long.

Woof (Bowser and Birdie)
Woof (Bowser and Birdie)
by Spencer Quinn
Price: $11.90
34 used & new from $9.27

5.0 out of 5 stars A dog adopted, a price marlin stolen, and adventure begins. A great story, well written. I recommend it., April 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The story starts out with the 'adoption' of a dog and goes on to a well-written story of adventure---with that same dog. Our main character, Birdie, gets to adopt a dog from the shelter for her 11th birthday. We see the incident from the dog's point of view. Does he really want to be adopted by this person or that? Why? Then the adventure starts. a prize marlin is stolen. Birdie and Bowser leap into action. Lots of excitement and mystery.

Race the Wild #1: Rain Forest Relay
Race the Wild #1: Rain Forest Relay
by Kristin Earhart
Price: $4.49
23 used & new from $2.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Encourages the reader to think, analyze, and make decisions along with the characters in the book., April 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book is an adventure book located in the rain forest. The children are chosen for teams and face unusual challenges that most of us will never face. I found it interesting how critical thinking skills were used to determine who to select for the team. The adventure is 'fun-scary' - just scary enough, but not too scary. There is a point where cheating is involved. I very much like the fact that the book encourages the reader to think, analyze, and make decisions along with the characters in the book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20