Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Baby Sale
Profile for Mark Twain > Reviews

Browse

Mark Twain's Profile

Customer Reviews: 71

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mark Twain "Sr" RSS Feed (Sherwood, WI)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Lucifer's Hammer
Lucifer's Hammer
Price: $6.30

5.0 out of 5 stars but books like Lucifer's Hammer, April 24, 2015
This review is from: Lucifer's Hammer (Kindle Edition)
It's been several years since I read Lucifer's Hammer, and it's a book I think about regularly. It's a classic novel, and even though it was written a fair time ago, it still stands the test of time. I'm a child of the 80's, and this book just speaks to me. That period of time had so much going for it. It had an intangible spark to it, where you really did think anything was possible. We were building the space shuttle. From there, we were going to the stars. Well...that didn't happen, but books like Lucifer's Hammer, and many of the Niven and Pournelle novels captured that quality, that hopefulness, in a bottle. Yeah, I know, this is a book about the Apocalypse, in essence, yet it fills me with hope and nostalgia for a time much better than one we currently live in.

If you're a fan of scifi, this is a great book. If are a fan of scifi and were born in the 70's or 80's...you simply owe it to yourself to read this book.

PDP Energizer 2X Charging Station for PS4 - PlayStation 4
PDP Energizer 2X Charging Station for PS4 - PlayStation 4
Price: $19.99
24 used & new from $15.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to get charger in and out and feels very flimsy., November 28, 2014
I've had this charger almost since PS4 launched, and I really don't like it. It's hard to get the controllers plugged in. It feels really flimsy and like it's going to break at any moment as well.

The basic design flaw though is that you have to push the controller into the dock horizontally, instead of vertically. That means plugging in the controller is a two handed affair. If the controller pushed down vertically, you'd be applying pressure to your shelf. That you push it in horizontally means you have nothing to hold it in place as you try to plug it in.

Last gen all of my charges you just set them into a dock and contact was made. Even the Energizer charger for the XBox One controller works that way, where you just set it into the dock and contact is made with metal contacts on the controller. So you aren't plugging it in, you're more setting it in. I don't know why they decided to design the PS4 charger this way.

Regardless, I think there are better chargers out there. I'd go with one of those if I could do it over again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2015 1:39 AM PDT

Akai KS-213 CD+G Karaoke Player with iPad Cradle
Akai KS-213 CD+G Karaoke Player with iPad Cradle
Price: $63.95
51 used & new from $51.16

2.0 out of 5 stars Sounds awful., November 21, 2014
It's a good idea, but it's a REALLY cheap product. It sounds bad. The mic broke almost instantly. Bottom line is, it sounds really bad. I expect more from Akai. Akai's name is why I bought this. I figured, they make pro audio gear, they aren't going to put out a total piece of junk, right? Well...they did.

Lindsay Brin's Boot Camp 2 DVD with Moms Into Fitness
Lindsay Brin's Boot Camp 2 DVD with Moms Into Fitness
DVD ~ Lindsay Brin
Offered by The Big Lebowski
Price: $9.30
12 used & new from $4.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Who knew bun cakes were a thing?, November 21, 2014
Who knew bun cakes were a thing? I didn't, but now I did, and now I can't stop saying it. Work those bun cakes ladies!

I'll write this from a male's perspective. It helped whip my wife right back into shape. She seemed to enjoy it. I enjoyed hearing about bun cakes. Now I say bun cakes as often as possible, and people think I'm crazy and have no idea what I'm talking about. Apparently if you're not working your bun cakes out, you might not know what that means. Who knew?!

36" - 12 Solid Color LED Hula Hoop - Hooplesly In-Love
36" - 12 Solid Color LED Hula Hoop - Hooplesly In-Love
Offered by Eco Groupe
Price: $50.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Flaky connections cause issues almost immediately., November 21, 2014
Doesn't work all that well. It loses connection with the lights and then it stops working. It worked well for about a day.

Everything Will Be Alright In The End
Everything Will Be Alright In The End
Offered by Great Price Media
Price: $8.49
89 used & new from $3.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Weezer is back!, November 21, 2014
Best Weezer album in years. It reminds me of early Weezer at times, and then at other times it just sounds very original, which is the highest praise I can give it. Well done!

TCP LA1027KND6 LED A19 - 60 Watt Equivalent Soft White (2700K) Light Bulb - 6 Pack
Price: $33.72
23 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't tell the difference between the color of this and an incandescent bulb., October 14, 2014
I have a lot of LED light bulbs from various brands. Not only were these the cheapest per bulb, they also look identical to an incandescent bulb to my eye. I honestly can't tell the difference. The other awesome thing about these bulbs is the shape. Because the plastic wraps around, you don't get the weird line that you do with a lot of LED bulbs, where it looks like the bulb is cut in half. Meaning, it lights more evenly, and less directional than a lot of other LED bulbs.

Also, they seem to use less watts than a lot of the other competitor bulbs in the price range. All in all they are a great bulb for general use.

inFAMOUS: Second Son Standard Edition (PlayStation 4)
inFAMOUS: Second Son Standard Edition (PlayStation 4)
Offered by NationWide Distributors
Price: $30.76
114 used & new from $15.77

4.0 out of 5 stars It's certainly a fun game. It's a pretty game, August 25, 2014
I think the reviewer reviews for this game are spot on. It's certainly a fun game. It's a pretty game. But, it seems rushed. The things you can do in the game could have been much deeper, but it seems like they forced it out into the launch window.

That said, the story is fun, the graphics are great, and the things you can do in the game are fun. I just wish there was more of it, and more variety in the types of things you can do.

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - PlayStation 4
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - PlayStation 4
Offered by X-Button Games
Price: $20.75
172 used & new from $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars AC4 is by far the best game in the series, August 25, 2014
AC4 is by far the best game in the series. I've played them all, and this one plays the best, it obviously looks the best, and is the best PS4 game to date. At least that I've played. If these games appealed to you in the past, then you can't go wrong. This is as good as it's been done.

Only Killzone Shadow Fall is a prettier game on PS4. This is a very close second, and is another showpiece for what the PS4 can do. It's a very fun game too.

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)
Killzone: Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4)
Offered by 4555_inc
Price: $29.59
245 used & new from $7.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Killzone Shadow Fall is a good game, that is hampered by its status as ..., August 25, 2014
Killzone Shadow Fall is a good game, that is hampered by its status as a launch title. I'm about 90% of the way through this game right now, and it's clear that this game could have used another 6 months baking in the oven. It's still a fun game, and by God is it gorgeous. That said, there are some spots in this game that are just...mind boggling. The "flying" parts are stupidly hard, and difficult to control. They are cool concepts, and they could have been AMAZING, but they blew it by making them super difficult to control. Your 10th time trying to dive in from space, you start to wonder, did they do any play testing of this stuff at all?

The good news is that the bulk of the game is fun. It's very pretty. If you're looking for that next gen game to show off your PS4, this is certainly it. I'm glad I bought it. Glad I played. I just wish they would have polished off the few sections of the game that are stupidly difficult (for no good reason). I think this game is $30 now, that's well worth it. PS4 owners should give it a shot. If you love amazing graphics, you can't go wrong with KZ SF.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8