Profile for Andy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 38

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Andy RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
C&E CNE11445 SATA Data Cable (2pk.)
C&E CNE11445 SATA Data Cable (2pk.)
Price: $1.99
41 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but questionable quality, February 12, 2014
To be honest, I should have bought the cables with the right angle connectors, especially since there isn't much space between the door of the computer case (Corsair 500R) and the actual cables. Also, one of the cables had the plastic black end snap off. I taped it back together with electrical tape, but I wouldn't advise this since the hard drive or SSD is worth much more than a stupid cable.

Nevertheless, it works, but I would suggest spending a little bit more and buying the right angle SATA cables or at least another cable with better quality to it.

DVI to HDMI Cable 6ft Male-Male
DVI to HDMI Cable 6ft Male-Male
Offered by Century Accessory
Price: $4.79
28 used & new from $1.45

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, and it was cheap., February 12, 2014
The cable seems to have an okay quality. The plastic wrap around the wiring is loose since I can hear it crinkle when I move bend the cable around. It's also only 3 feet instead of the promised 6. It was cheap, which is why I bought it, but I can vouch for the Amazon cables since I have three of the HDMI ones and they have great quality.

I bought it so that I could connect my laptop's HDMI to my monitor's DVI because using the HDMI of the monitor (ASUS) results in the monitor pop up with a blue, bright screen when I shut off my computer. It works perfectly, just don't forget to change the settings from HDMI to DVI as I did.

Hoover Style 190 Agitator Belt (2-Pack), 40201190
Hoover Style 190 Agitator Belt (2-Pack), 40201190
Price: $1.88
30 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars It works and it's from Hoover, December 16, 2013
The belt has to be stretch and pulled in order to fit within the vacuum. I believe that's intentional to create tension or something. I took out the brush roller first and and used it to stretch out the belt by pulling the brush to it's intended position and then fitting it back into the vacuum cleaner. Amazon had the best price for this so I'm very glad that my vacuum cleaner works again.

Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STCA4000100)
Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STCA4000100)
Offered by Beach Camera
Price: $179.95
44 used & new from $129.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I recommend scanning first, December 16, 2013
All hard drives will eventually fail. Some fail on arrival. Within a certain amount, that's normal. It's similar to getting a TV and then having it be broken the first time you try to turn it on. External hard drives are especially fragile with the platters spinning thousands of times per minute. Before this, I have only bought Western Digital hard drives. 4 in fact and they're all still fine. I bought this because of the great price and I'm hoping that it won't die out on me.

I recommend to not have this on for too long or in other words to not let it overheat. Don't ever let it drop or fall especially when it's on. Finally, always have a backup of the backup if the data is important to you.

Compared to the My Book, it's thinner and there are 4 platters rather than 5 since it's 1 TB per platter. The one feature that I don't like about these drives is that the heads park within seconds of being idle. I can even hear it happening, but I don't expect to use this drive that much.

I don't have much to say about the hard drive. I strongly recommend to completely scan the drive for errors with a program like HDDScan or HD Tune to ensure that nothing is wrong with the drive before you store terabytes of information into it. The drive can still die anytime, but it still ensures that nothing is initially wrong with it. It did take me about 40 hours though, but I'm using only USB 2.0 rather than the faster USB 3.0. To backup your backups or to have exact copy of hard drives or just to backup folders and drives in general, I recommend Free File Sync. Finally, always expect drives to die at anytime and good luck.

Chapin Hand Sprayer Multi Purpose Poly Foamer Sprayer 48-Ounce 1054
Chapin Hand Sprayer Multi Purpose Poly Foamer Sprayer 48-Ounce 1054
Price: $21.46
8 used & new from $17.82

3.0 out of 5 stars Was slightly leaking, December 14, 2013
As others mentioned, it didn't come with a hose so I had basically taped one onto it. It's not the best solution, but it's the best I got. One problem that I have with it is that it was leaking after I shook it to create the foam. That can be pretty dangerous if you're using termacide or a dangerous chemical which I was so make absolutely sure that you've screwed on the top completely tight before you start pumping out the air and creating the foam. It can be hard to tell, but you should be able to tell when you start pumping it. It should be harder to pump with each stroke.

The other problem is that it can't pump out the remaining liquid in the bottle so I had decided to just leave the liquid lying in there until I use it next time. I figured that it would be better than disposing the harmful chemicals through non-ideal methods.

As far as I could tell, this is the only foamer unless I buy the big ones that you have to wear on your back which I didn't want to do.

Yotsuba&!, Vol. 12
Yotsuba&!, Vol. 12
by Kiyohiko Azuma
Price: $12.00
72 used & new from $5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars First manga I've bought, December 14, 2013
This review is from: Yotsuba&!, Vol. 12 (Paperback)
I've read many manga already and this is the first that I've bought all of the volumes for. It's a manga about the adventures of a very young, cute girl with her adoptive father in Japan. She's a little bit crazy at times, but her adventures in town are always fascinating and always makes me laugh. I strongly recommend it to those that want to delve on the childish side in them.

That's the main reason why I bought all of the volumes: to laugh and enjoy life a little more.

Logitech G500s Laser Gaming Mouse with Adjustable Weight Tuning
Logitech G500s Laser Gaming Mouse with Adjustable Weight Tuning
Price: $52.48
67 used & new from $39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse for everyday use, December 14, 2013
I bought to mouse to use along with wireless trackball m570 also made by Logitech when my thumb feels tired from using it too much. I'm not a gamer so I bought this mainly for normal computer usage. The other mouses that I have were all too small for my hands, but this one is a bit larger. The best size and fit in my opinion would still be the m570, though.

The mouse feels sturdy and I think it has a high quality. I also enjoy the braided cable it has and the grip on the sides of the mouse. Everything else has been described in numerous other places so I won't get into that. Oh, the other thing that I like about the mouse is that it's easier to click than the m570 and other mouses that I have used which is nice especially for people who use the computer often. The back and forward buttons are on the area where you put your thumbs and it wasn't like that on the m570 so I have to get used to that.

I really enjoy using the mouse and I hope it will last for a long time. Also, in my experience with Logitech, they're very helpful. This mouse has a three year warranty like the m570. When that mouse broke down on me, they were very help and very quick in replacing the mouse. That's why I strongly recommend their products. Lots of people also have similar good reviews of the company.

Thermos 16-Ounce Stainless-Steel Backpack Bottle, Silver
Thermos 16-Ounce Stainless-Steel Backpack Bottle, Silver
Price: $23.78
31 used & new from $22.12

5.0 out of 5 stars It's still warm 8 hours later!, May 17, 2013
Everything seems to be covered by the other reviews. It's great. I made tea at 2 at night, when it was very cold, and then about 8 hours later, the tea was still very warm. It doesn't seem to hold a lot of liquid at a time, it may be due to that fact that I like to gulp things down. If you look at pictures of the cap, the liquid flows out of the hole and then into the plastic sprout which makes it much easier to drink hot water by the way it flows out. The thermos is beautifully designed and seems to be very durable. Thermos is a great brand and has been making this for a long time.

SafeTouch Nitrile Exam Gloves, Non Latex, Powder Free, Medium, Box/100
SafeTouch Nitrile Exam Gloves, Non Latex, Powder Free, Medium, Box/100
Offered by NorthShore Care Supply
Price: $8.92
22 used & new from $5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and great gloves, May 17, 2013
I've bought 2 boxes so far and they've been great. They work well with chemicals and organic solutions. These gloves do rarely break and I mean rarely, but, this is why they are disposable and are at such a low price. I use it 4-5 hours at a time, and I've had to replace it maybe once every 20 or so times that I've used it. At this price, it's even cheaper than the ones at Costco, and they've protected me well thus far.

CableWholesale 5 Pin 3-Feet USB Type A Male/Mini-B Male Cable, Black (10UM-02103BK)
Offered by E-Market1122-Ships From HongKong
Price: $1.79
58 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work for all devices, December 7, 2012
It's a pretty thin USB cable 1 meter long. I bought it to replace the cable that I have for my external hard drive. Sadly, it didn't work because the cable doesn't provide power or enough power and is mainly used for data transfer. It works for a Western Digital 2.5 inch drive, but I would be wary of using this unless your device has its own power supply.

I bought it to use it with the Vantec Nexstar hard drive enclosure on Amazon because their cable is absolutely terrible. It frequently disconnects even when no one is touching it. Anyway, the drive doesn't load up and continually clicks or it freezes after booting Windows. As a result, I need to use their old cable until I can find a replacement.

Final note: I would suggest buying a cable with two USB cables at one end or the Y-cables as these are made to provide enough power. A funny thing is that a Western Digital cable with only one end works whereas this cable does not.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4