Profile for Andy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 42

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Andy RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Powerbuilt 648796 Honda Cranks Pulley Removal Tool
Powerbuilt 648796 Honda Cranks Pulley Removal Tool
Offered by Toolsmithdirect
Price: $23.95
7 used & new from $23.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Perfectly., December 1, 2014
Not much can be said because it has been said already. Used this to change the timing belt of a Honda Accord. Worked perfectly. I've read that impact guns are not good for the crank pulley bolt. I recommend googling for the instructions from http://honda-tech.com/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/how-replace-timing-belt-timing-balancer-belt-water-pump-f22b1-1908944/

I apologize if I am not allowed to post links, but this is what I followed. That and the service manual. I've never done anything this big of a project before and my only suggestion is to be thorough and careful. It was very stressful for me and I constantly worried that the oil seal would leak or that something went wrong. The alternator died a month or so afterwards and my suggestion is that the alternator and power steering belts are much tighter than you think it is. If it squeaks, make it tighter and don't keep on testing it to see why it squeaks.

Counting the alternator cost, the entire project cost more than what it would probably cost at the mechanic to change the timing belt, but it was a good (but stressful) learning experience and the cost included a lot of tools so I have that to use from now on.

The Ultimate Hairstyle Handbook: Everyday Hairstyles for the Everyday Girl
The Ultimate Hairstyle Handbook: Everyday Hairstyles for the Everyday Girl
by Abby Smith
Price: $13.42
32 used & new from $10.72

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe you'll like it., December 1, 2014
I don't think I have ever given a bad review here before, or at the very least I haven't done many, but I was disappointed when I got this book. It contains a few pages telling you to use conditioner and not to wash your hair with hot water. Next, there are 40 or 50 pages of pictures where she just folds her hair into different styles. I apologize; I don't usually do this, but I was just disappointed.

I recommend that you view the sample pages on Amazon first to see what you are getting. The hairstyles are all for people with long hair, the directions are simple and hard to follow especially if you've never done this before, and the pictures are also very simple and sometimes hard to decipher. Also, the pictures with the directions are in black and white. This is from a perspective of a guy, but all you really need are the names of the hairstyles and then you can just google for better pictures (or videos) and directions.

I should have noticed that the book was from an independent publisher and that it was only 56 pages, but I honestly expected a book with more substance and information. I mean, her other book cost less than this and still has more pages!

I"m just in shock right now so this book might be much more helpful to others so I apologize for such a low rating. To top things off, the corner of my book is bent from delivery. I'm just filled with so much regret now after multiple purchases from Amazon that have gone right so maybe I'll refrain from shopping on the Internet more now.

Powerbuilt 640847 1/2-Inch Drive 20-Inch Extension Bar
Powerbuilt 640847 1/2-Inch Drive 20-Inch Extension Bar
Offered by Wayfair
Price: $13.70
2 used & new from $13.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, tough tool, September 10, 2014
I bought this to change the timing belt for a Honda Accord. It was able to handle the torque effortlessly. Overall, changing the belt was pretty easy, though you had to be extra careful in certain parts to set things aligned properly.

I used in conjunction with a crank pulley tool. If you have the service manual, you'll also see that Honda uses something similar to this. I've read that using an impact gun has a bigger potential to damage the bolt or one of the components. Also, I bought a breaker bar and a ratchet bar (both 1/2 inch) along with the tool and some steel pipes for better leverage and it worked perfectly.

Aqueon 06080 QuietFlow 10 Power Filter, 100GPH
Aqueon 06080 QuietFlow 10 Power Filter, 100GPH
Price: $9.99
26 used & new from $9.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps on chugging, August 31, 2014
Initially, I thought that the filter had broken, but after plugging it in again, it's working again.

I use this as a water fountain for my cat to drink water out of. He also seems to like watching the filter work since it makes noise and everything. For anyone wondering, I took off the top cover and the filters and such inside the filter so it was basically just the motor that pumped the water and the bottom outer case that you see. For the price, it worked well.

It was hard to wash though as there were lots of crevices and corners, so if your water tends to deposit things when it evaporates away, then it can be a bit of a pain to wash. Some parts are also impossible to reach. Also, it does make noise with the motor running and from the water falling down, but the motor itself is pretty quiet. Most of the noise just comes from the water falling.

On the whole, it's cheap and it works. I'm using the filter as basically a water pump with tap water and it's working so far.

C&E CNE11445 SATA Data Cable (2pk.)
C&E CNE11445 SATA Data Cable (2pk.)
Price: $1.99
42 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but questionable quality, February 12, 2014
To be honest, I should have bought the cables with the right angle connectors, especially since there isn't much space between the door of the computer case (Corsair 500R) and the actual cables. Also, one of the cables had the plastic black end snap off. I taped it back together with electrical tape, but I wouldn't advise this since the hard drive or SSD is worth much more than a stupid cable.

Nevertheless, it works, but I would suggest spending a little bit more and buying the right angle SATA cables or at least another cable with better quality to it.

Gefen DVI to HDMI Cable 6 feet Male-Male
Gefen DVI to HDMI Cable 6 feet Male-Male
Offered by jesseterry3320
Price: $3.82
30 used & new from $1.43

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, and it was cheap., February 12, 2014
The cable seems to have an okay quality. The plastic wrap around the wiring is loose since I can hear it crinkle when I move bend the cable around. It's also only 3 feet instead of the promised 6. It was cheap, which is why I bought it, but I can vouch for the Amazon cables since I have three of the HDMI ones and they have great quality.

I bought it so that I could connect my laptop's HDMI to my monitor's DVI because using the HDMI of the monitor (ASUS) results in the monitor pop up with a blue, bright screen when I shut off my computer. It works perfectly, just don't forget to change the settings from HDMI to DVI as I did.

Hoover Style 190 Agitator Belt (2-Pack), 40201190
Hoover Style 190 Agitator Belt (2-Pack), 40201190
Price: $4.39
29 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It works and it's from Hoover, December 16, 2013
The belt has to be stretch and pulled in order to fit within the vacuum. I believe that's intentional to create tension or something. I took out the brush roller first and and used it to stretch out the belt by pulling the brush to it's intended position and then fitting it back into the vacuum cleaner. Amazon had the best price for this so I'm very glad that my vacuum cleaner works again.

Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STCA4000100)
Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STCA4000100)
Offered by Eonline
Price: $219.99
24 used & new from $109.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I recommend scanning first, December 16, 2013
All hard drives will eventually fail. Some fail on arrival. Within a certain amount, that's normal. It's similar to getting a TV and then having it be broken the first time you try to turn it on. External hard drives are especially fragile with the platters spinning thousands of times per minute. Before this, I have only bought Western Digital hard drives. 4 in fact and they're all still fine. I bought this because of the great price and I'm hoping that it won't die out on me.

I recommend to not have this on for too long or in other words to not let it overheat. Don't ever let it drop or fall especially when it's on. Finally, always have a backup of the backup if the data is important to you.

Compared to the My Book, it's thinner and there are 4 platters rather than 5 since it's 1 TB per platter. The one feature that I don't like about these drives is that the heads park within seconds of being idle. I can even hear it happening, but I don't expect to use this drive that much.

I don't have much to say about the hard drive. I strongly recommend to completely scan the drive for errors with a program like HDDScan or HD Tune to ensure that nothing is wrong with the drive before you store terabytes of information into it. The drive can still die anytime, but it still ensures that nothing is initially wrong with it. It did take me about 40 hours though, but I'm using only USB 2.0 rather than the faster USB 3.0. To backup your backups or to have exact copy of hard drives or just to backup folders and drives in general, I recommend Free File Sync. Finally, always expect drives to die at anytime and good luck.

Chapin Hand Sprayer Multi Purpose Poly Foamer Sprayer 48-Ounce 1054
Chapin Hand Sprayer Multi Purpose Poly Foamer Sprayer 48-Ounce 1054
Price: $16.09
3 used & new from $14.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Was slightly leaking, December 14, 2013
As others mentioned, it didn't come with a hose so I had basically taped one onto it. It's not the best solution, but it's the best I got. One problem that I have with it is that it was leaking after I shook it to create the foam. That can be pretty dangerous if you're using termacide or a dangerous chemical which I was so make absolutely sure that you've screwed on the top completely tight before you start pumping out the air and creating the foam. It can be hard to tell, but you should be able to tell when you start pumping it. It should be harder to pump with each stroke.

The other problem is that it can't pump out the remaining liquid in the bottle so I had decided to just leave the liquid lying in there until I use it next time. I figured that it would be better than disposing the harmful chemicals through non-ideal methods.

As far as I could tell, this is the only foamer unless I buy the big ones that you have to wear on your back which I didn't want to do.

Yotsuba&!, Vol. 12
Yotsuba&!, Vol. 12
by Kiyohiko Azuma
Price: $10.75
59 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars First manga I've bought, December 14, 2013
This review is from: Yotsuba&!, Vol. 12 (Paperback)
I've read many manga already and this is the first that I've bought all of the volumes for. It's a manga about the adventures of a very young, cute girl with her adoptive father in Japan. She's a little bit crazy at times, but her adventures in town are always fascinating and always makes me laugh. I strongly recommend it to those that want to delve on the childish side in them.

That's the main reason why I bought all of the volumes: to laugh and enjoy life a little more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5