Profile for Travashamockery > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Travashamockery RSS Feed (Moore, OK)

Page: 1 | 2
Trojan-enz Condom ENZ Lubricated, 36 Count
Trojan-enz Condom ENZ Lubricated, 36 Count
Price: $13.97
38 used & new from $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit!, April 23, 2014
Amazon sent me an email asking if I was satisfied with my purchase, and I just couldn't wait to respond!

I used to have a problem with credit cards falling out of my wallet. Not anymore! I stuffed one of these bad boys in there and now nothing goes anywhere I don't intentionally put it. The box is in my bathroom cabinet and it gathers so much dust, I swear there is now less dust on other things! These are also pretty good balloon substitutes though the lubricant creates a weird situation. I have one in my car, and it holds heat really well. When it's a hundred degrees the condom knows it. It's like a dial-free thermostat! No poisonous Mercury either! So far, that's all I have, but I doubt I have found all the uses!

THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE: THE NEW REVIEW
THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE: THE NEW REVIEW

1.0 out of 5 stars The Review of the Review of The Ocean at the End of the Lane...., December 4, 2013
It's a review. He's trying to charge for a review. I wouldn't recommend anyone pay for a review of anything ever. The entire point of a review is determine whether you should pay for something in the first place.

PHILIPS UHP/DLP BULB ONLY W/O HOUSING
PHILIPS UHP/DLP BULB ONLY W/O HOUSING
Offered by Exclusivebulbs
Price: $79.99
4 used & new from $50.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to say..., April 26, 2011
I purchased this lamp as a replacement for one I had in a 56" Samsung (which lasted well over 10,000 hours). The replacement process is about as easy as others have described. I will say I can see someone dropping and losing a screwing in their tv, but if I made it through without doing this I am sure you will to. Putting the bulb in the housing is very simple though I still managed to leave the cables outside of it initially. Just pay a little bit of attention as you take it apart and you'll be fine as it fits back together very easily and pretty much won't go any way but the right way.

The resulting picture is excellent, but just like one other reviewer (who still gave it 4 stars for some reason!?!?) after a couple minutes of use there was a buzzing sound coming from my TV. With the TV muted, it was annoying as hell; with my regular volume level it was faint, but I KNEW it was there. Naturally, I decided to apply science, so I walked to the TV and exerting an exacting amount of force I bumped the TV near the housing (I'm an idiot.). The sound stopped and then started... bump.... stop... start.... bump bump bump... Stop... Start... At this point I returned to my recliner, debating as to whether or not I should open up the TV and re-seat the lamp in its housing, but after about a minute the sound stopped and has yet to return.

So, if your lamp is buzzing after installation remember that's "bump... bump... bump bump bump." all very light (DO NOT DO THIS DESPITE MY SUPPOSED SUCCESS.)

3 stars because I'm afraid the sound is probably going to come back at some point.

On a non-product review note, if you are a TV watching machine and the lamp going out on your DLP is a near 911 dialing ambulance emergency Top Seller Worldwide (who is the Amazon seller on this) shipped same day despite me placing my order after 1:00pm central.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2013 1:05 PM PDT

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead
The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead
by Max Brooks
Price: $11.48
544 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR ZOMBIES!, March 8, 2011
As Zombie, me thought "Zombie Survival Guide" for help Zombie survive. No case... Me remember read subtitle next time. Do not read if Zombie, but especially do avoid the reading if human. No help for you here.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2011 2:52 PM PDT

On Stage Classic Single-X Keyboard Stand
On Stage Classic Single-X Keyboard Stand
Price: $24.95
24 used & new from $24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I was a little worried..., March 8, 2011
that my keyboard would slide all around on this thing, but it stays firmly in place. As others have stated the stands lowest setting is still very high. I have to put several pillows under me to get to a good level, but the stand folds easily and provides for great maneuverability. I replaced the stand that was made for my PX-110 with this and while I still prefer that stand, it wasn't fitting in my car anytime soon. Solid if you are planning on taking your keyboard anywhere.

Dell Extra Slim AC Adapter Laptop Charger for Dell INSPIRON P/N PA-3E 90W
Dell Extra Slim AC Adapter Laptop Charger for Dell INSPIRON P/N PA-3E 90W
Offered by SCompI
Price: $16.81
24 used & new from $13.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Froze my laptop after less than a week..., March 8, 2011
Worked fine for a couple of days and then my computer started freezing... At first I thought I had a virus or some type of hardware failure. Luckily, I caught on to the fact that unplugging this adapter unfroze it before I went nuts testing components. Seller handled the refund well, at least. Go through dell, pay a little more, and be careful with their cable as they do not take well to abuse. Sadly, this seems to be the best option.

Nodor Professional 90% Tungsten Steel Tip Darts
Nodor Professional 90% Tungsten Steel Tip Darts
Price: $35.87
5 used & new from $35.87

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good..., April 13, 2010
I picked these up just yesterday and have played with them for about 5 hours total (they were the most expensive darts carried by Academy). I bought the 26 gram variety and to this point they have been well worth the upgrade, as my clusters are much more accurate than with the fatter, lighter $8 darts I was throwing before. My only gripe with them is that one of the fins that came pre-attached was bent rather badly and had to be replaced. I should also mention that I have already lost a shaft due to robin hooding it with another dart (piercing one dart with another), but this is why it comes with extras.

Bottom line: For 90% tungsten these are priced well, and you get an excellent dart for a beginner looking to become an intermediate.

Update: May 1st, 2010

These darts continue to please, and my game continues to improve though I admit the temptation to try an even higher quality dart at times just to see what they would be like. The tips have remained sharp despite meeting with the concrete of my buddy's garage on more than one occasion

Update 2: March 8th, 2011

I recently picked up a second set of these darts and decided it was the perfect time to update my review once more... I have now weighed all 6 darts and each came in exactly to the specifications provided (26g). This as opposed to 3 different sets of cheap darts (under 20 dollars) that a friend had purchased... Every one came in at wildly different weights within the context of one set and none hit on the claimed weight. The brand there, Fat Cats (he even had one open up with the tips already disconnected from the dart)... DO NOT BUY FAT CATS! There is one detriment to these, as I have had a hard time finding identical replacement shafts... My current back-up shafts are made by... UGH... Fat Cat! Luckily, while the shafts have been robin hooded dozens of times now, only one has broken permanently while the rest have been reshaped by the tool that comes with them... Still 4 stars, but I really wish I could find a Nodor replacement shafts kit.

On Writing
On Writing
by Stephen King
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
56 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars A dangerous book for aspiring writers..., March 11, 2010
This review is from: On Writing (Mass Market Paperback)
I have to admit, it has been no less than 5 years since I read this book, BUT I remember the effect it had on me at the time. I was struggling greatly and found myself unable to sit down and write. Steven King told me that I should quit. He told me that if I couldn't write a thousand words every day, I couldn't be a writer. It has been in the back of my mind ever since. I had never thought of King as a great writer, but I respected both his output and his success (I still do.) He, however, has no business giving such advice. It stuns me that he has never had trouble sitting down to write, and I cannot help but feel that his drinking/drug problem was his cure for such issues. In any event, any connection between his writing and his addictions goes unaddressed...

If you are like me, and you don't need extremely tired advice like "Write the first draft with the "door" closed, and the second draft with it open.", but need help actually sitting down. If there is something in your bones that pulls you away from your work, tells you anything to keep you from writing: "Oh, I'm tired... I have accomplished enough for the day... I need to pay my water bill... What's new on Digg today?... My favorite show is on..." read Steven Pressfield's book The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles. The first two sections of THAT book spoke to me in the way I had hoped King's book would (too bad I stumbled onto it just 2 months ago).

If, however, you are just a King fan looking to learn more about him and his process, then read this.

PS I now write over a thousand words everyday, no thanks to King.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2014 11:28 PM PST

Bulls Eye Baseball
Bulls Eye Baseball
Offered by Discount USA
Price: $40.00
10 used & new from $28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I HATE THIS THING!!!!, August 7, 2009
This review is from: Bulls Eye Baseball (Toy)
It's so addictive, I can't stop playing. I am considering picking up a drug habit to draw me away from it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2010 4:48 PM PST

Hamburger Helper Microwave Singles, Cheesy Lasagna, 7.4-Ounce Box (Pack of 6)
Hamburger Helper Microwave Singles, Cheesy Lasagna, 7.4-Ounce Box (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious..., February 2, 2009
You will need to experiment with the amount of water to use. I try to use as little as possible, while still allowing the noodles to become soft. It tastes fantastic if you get it right. You will be surprised how close it is to actual Lasagna.

Sadly, the Wal-mart near my place stopped carrying them, so I am looking to buy them elsewhere... And will resort to Amazon if I absolutely have to... Although, I must say that when it says 6 pack [...] it better be referring to the number of boxes and not the number of "packs" within a single box.

Page: 1 | 2