Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "drtweetybird" RSS Feed

Scarlett: The Sequel to Margaret Mitchell's "Gone With the Wind"
Scarlett: The Sequel to Margaret Mitchell's "Gone With the Wind"
by Alexandra Ripley
Price: $14.43
137 used & new from $0.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Its Good if you think of it as a book, and not a sequel!, June 2, 2009
I have read this book more than just a few times. I was a great fan of GWTW and thought this would be great.

I really do think its a good book. At first read its a little disappointing if you are intent on thinking of it as a continuation to Gone With the Wind. But if you read it as a book for its own worth it is really quite enjoyable!

It would be really unreasonable to expect Ripley to write like Mitchell, so think of it as 2 separate books and allow yourself to be presently surprised!

Pawn of Prophecy (Belgariad (Rhcp))
Pawn of Prophecy (Belgariad (Rhcp))
by David Eddings
2 used & new from $999.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Brings Back Memories, June 30, 2008
I had first been introduced to the Belgariad Series when i was about 13 years old, around the same time that the books had just come out. I remember vividly because i was able to buy the first 4 books then had to wait almost a year to get the last in the series.

It was the first fantasy series that I can recall reading, even though i had watched the Lord of the Rings Trilogy as a cartoon.

I distinctly recall being totally enthralled by the books. In fact, as a former "special ed" student, i can defintely say that if it wasnt for "Babysitter's Club" and "Belgariad" I wouldnt have gotten into reading that much.

I became an avid David Eddings supporter, and eventually bought all of his books (gave away High Hunt, and The Losers though, werent worth keeping).

That being said, since I was introduced to the books as an impressionable adolescent, I may tend to have a more romanticised view of the series.

Now having read a few more series in the same area, I must admit that the story line is a little bit predictable, and the characters are sometimes either all one dimensional or all very witty.

Despite all of that however, the books are still enjoyable. They are not so far "into the dark side" that you cant let your younger audience read it (and i think the younger audience is who it is aimed at anyway).

I have read the series at least twice a year for the last 16 years, i skip to my favourite parts, i read it cover to cover, whatever makes me happy.

I know that there will be several who will not like the books, but then, there is enjoyment there for more to come.

The Anatomy Coloring Book
The Anatomy Coloring Book
by Wynn Kapit
359 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Could it Get Any Better!, August 16, 2006
I am a doctor now, but i used this book when i was a medical student and i thought it was great.

Some people may say it does not have a lot of detail. But i thought the annotations were pretty detailed. And i had the 2nd Edition!

There is no way you can know all that is in this book and NOT get a good grade on your anatomy final!

The only down side, its a bit time consuming, all that colouring takes time. SO use it WITH your course work. Dont wait till you are close to exams, because you wont have time.

To tell you how much i loved this book, i bought a copy of the 3rd edition for a friend of mine who is starting med school in september!

BUY IT!!!!

The Belgariad, Vol. 1 (Books 1-3): Pawn of Prophecy, Queen of Sorcery, Magician's Gambit
by David Eddings
Price: $14.84
163 used & new from $0.59

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK!!!!, July 9, 2003
I remeber reading the Belgariad series first back in 1993, since then, i have read the series countless times, and i have owned several copies of the series, I read it over so often that the books fall apart and i have to buy them again ( I am on to my 7th set)
If you are a fantasy lover, or if its the first you are ever reading fantasy, then the Belgariad is the series for you!!! You get sucked into the lives of the characters, they just seem so real!
BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!
I guarantee you'll enjoy it.
Put it this way, when i first read the belgariad i was in remidial english class,.....................after reading that series so many times i definitly know how to read!!!!

Carbon Copy [VHS]
Carbon Copy [VHS]
VHS
Offered by VideoDiscounters36thAnniversary
Price: $1.84
36 used & new from $0.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A BLAST!!, August 17, 2002
This review is from: Carbon Copy [VHS] (VHS Tape)
My family had this video for a few years, and I can truly say that it is one of the best movies I have ever watched. The movie itself is fun, but yet shows the ups and downs of a father son relationship in a prejudiced society.
There are also a lot of funny one liner, like when the main charchter refers to his son as being "Hickory Bronze", the same colour as a car, or when her learns the hard way, that being black does not mean you can play B-Ball.
I great movie for ALL members of the family.
Highly recommended

Classic Pit
Classic Pit
Offered by Carlo A
Price: $59.51
9 used & new from $24.15

5.0 out of 5 stars AN AWESOME GAME!!!, July 18, 2002
This review is from: Classic Pit (Office Product)
From as early as the age of 3 years, I remember my parents and their friends playing the Pit Game in the living room on a Saturday night. I was too young to join, but they seemed to be having so mch fun.
Finally, when I was 7 or 8 they decided I could join in.......and they say there is no heaven on earth! I was addicted. This is honestly one of the few games out there that people of all ages can enjoy....and enjoy together. And the funny thing is, that watching a day on wall street looks just like a game of Pit!
"Trading ONE!" "TWO, TWO, does anyone want TWO?"
"NO not that card again!"
I'm in my early twenties now and I have not found a game I love as much!
And the tin version of the game makes it even more easy to carry around from house to house and place to place.
For a long time, my family was the only one I knew with the game, we carried it to a church social and stared a following there too!
Just make sure that you play the game on durable furniture, and be prepared to play LONG into the night.
Also, be prepared for bellyful laughs, lost voices and just all in all good fun with friends you never new you had.
A sure crowd pleaser!
Don't buy just one.......BUY ONE FOR EVERYONE YOU CALL A FRIEND!