Profile for Tay > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tay RSS Feed

Nikon COOLPIX P510 16.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 42x Zoom NIKKOR ED Glass Lens and GPS Record Location (Black) (OLD MODEL)
Offered by Electromax
Price: $445.00
38 used & new from $127.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally It's HERE!, March 27, 2012
Let me start by saying I have been waiting for this camera since early February. And waiting and waiting long after it was supposed to be released February 15th. Today I finally got mine! (obviously only having it for a few hours won't allow me to give the best review but I would like to point out some of the things I have noticed)

I am an avid camera collector and Nikon fan, taking classes in high school and college (and the last thing I needed was yet another camera) but I was unhappy with my options. My DSLR took fantastic pictures but was too heavy to carry around for everyday use and my basic point and shoot was the perfect pocket size, but took less than decent pictures. I was hoping a bridge camera would solve all of my problems.

Pros so far:
- Camera powers on very quickly.
- Its surprisingly light and compact without sacrificing amazing picture quality.
- The camera body has a nice grip on it so it's easy to hold on to and stays in your hand.
- The pop out screen makes it oh so easy to see pictures you're taking at weird angles.
- Easy to use (especially for those people who aren't comfortable with adjusting ISO and shutter speed manually - but can be adjusted for those who are)
- Has tons of settings (hard to say forsure but seems like it performs well in low light situations)
- The zoom is INCREDIBLE (I can take a picture of a lego mini figure from 20 feet away with better clarity and image quality than I could right in front of the object with my point and shoot)

The downsides I have noticed so far:
-Video is alright, when I blow it up on my computer it doesn't look to be true HD quality but it's good. Also the zoom on the video can be heard no matter what which is a little annoying.
-The zoom on the actual camera is very slow if you're extending it the full range and it takes a few seconds to focus.
- Battery life is not that good - would definitely recommend getting a back up!

Overall I LOVE this camera. Sure you may find a Canon or Olympus that has slightly better reviews in one feature or another, but let's be real, no camera has it all. However, in my opinion so far this comes pretty close!
Comment Comments (22) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2013 8:57 AM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice but didnt fit, February 12, 2012
I was excited when I first received this,I had just gotten my industrial pierced and still had a good 2 months to go before I could change it - but I fell in love. However when those 2 months were up and i tried to put this in it just didnt fit right, the spiral was huge and the bar was way too long. My ear was stretched in all sorts of weird directions. I ended up having to go back to the place I got it pierced just to get the bar removed. probably a more ideal product for people with a larger space in their upper ear.

Dove Damage Therapy Cool Moisture Conditioner, 25.4 Ounce  (Pack of 2)
Dove Damage Therapy Cool Moisture Conditioner, 25.4 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Price: $13.99
5 used & new from $13.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for the first week..., February 12, 2012
I first received this shampoo and conditioner in a bath set for christmas (it came with the cucumber and green tea scented body wash and body spray as well - both of which I use frequently and love so I thought the products for my hair would be just as good). And for the first week it was. My hair was soft and clean (having long hair I wash it everyday). The best part was 8 hours after I washed my hair people would still be telling me how good my hair smelled, and that has never happened with any other shampoo/conditioner.

However, about a week and a half after I started using it, after my hair would dry my part all along my scalp would feel and look greasy. I thought it was an issue of me not rinsing it all out but my hairdresser told me the intense repair was stripping too much from my hair and leaving it gross. Overall this shampoo/conditioner is too harsh for everyday use, and I ended up switching back to Aussie which works much much better for me!

Dove Damage Therapy Cool Moisture Shampoo, Cucumber/Green Tea, 25.4Fluid Ounces (750 ml) (Pack of 2)
Offered by Family Findings, L.L.C.
Price: $23.00