Profile for Jose Chavarri > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jose Chavarri RSS Feed (New York, NY)

Page: 1 | 2
Kasugai Muscat Gummy Candy, 3.77-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
Kasugai Muscat Gummy Candy, 3.77-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
Price: $35.58
10 used & new from $29.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A great candy, December 15, 2013
Just delicious. Taste quite natural, not too sweet nor have any extraneous flavors. The individual wrapping for each candy is a plus, too.

Sony MDRRF985RK Wireless RF Headphone, Black
Sony MDRRF985RK Wireless RF Headphone, Black
Offered by Urpi
Price: $78.99
152 used & new from $27.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother., December 9, 2012
I returned these headphones immediately. The interference was just unbearable - I tried different channels and relocated the base as far as I could from my wireless router - and the earpad material is quite irritating! Besides, the base and the headphones themselves are incredibly cheap-looking.

Sony SANS500 Portable Wi-Fi Speaker System with AirPlay (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by cMore
Price: $299.95
4 used & new from $145.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, nice design, Airplay still undercooked., January 12, 2012
I liked the design, the sound quality and the idea of portability. However, the Airplay initial configuration was far from quick and intuitive. The response to any command input from my Mac or the iPhone always took a second or two. Finally, the Airplay disconnected a couple of times, while Pandora and iTunes were playing, the day I had the speaker. I had to restart the speaker to resume play.

By the way, I read the newer reviews and the software update, which is supposed to solve the dropout issues, so I bought the speaker again and updated it. The dropout issues are still present, albeit less frequent.

Sony LCS-BBF/B LCS-BBF/B Soft Carrying Case for Sony NEX series Camera (Black)
Sony LCS-BBF/B LCS-BBF/B Soft Carrying Case for Sony NEX series Camera (Black)
Offered by PORTABLE GUY
Price: $24.87
15 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, January 12, 2012
My NEX-C3 fits perfectly in this case, even with the flash attached. It is sturdy and well cushioned, but it looks slightly cheap. It is not really black; its color has a slightly red or brown hue, which I do not dig.

Panasonic NI-W750TS 360-Degree Quick Multi-Directional Steam Iron, Silver and Black
Offered by TMall
Price: $39.99
17 used & new from $24.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not get warm enough, February 9, 2011
This iron is useless, unfortunately. It does not heat enough, so it is impossible to properly iron a cotton shirt, even using steam at maximum. It does not glide smoothly over the clothes, neither.

The construction is bad, too. The plastic creaks all the time.

I tried vertical steaming also. The really small amount of steam coming out is laughable.

I can't believe I did not find anything positive about this product...

T-Fal FV4259003 Ultraglide Easycord Iron with Scratch Resistant Nonstick Soleplate, Blue

2.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to iron cotton clothes, February 1, 2011
Unfortunately, this iron never gets warm enough to iron cotton clothes. Even with steam, you would not be able to iron out the wrinkles on shirts, which will remain clearly visible. I believe a lot of people have the same problem, just check out some other reviews.

On the plus side, the iron glides really smoothly, and the construction is all right. It did not leak, like other reviewers noted.

Kenneth Cole Reaction Men's Spread Collar Tonal Solid Woven Shirt
Kenneth Cole Reaction Men's Spread Collar Tonal Solid Woven Shirt
Price: $27.50 - $38.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, August 24, 2010
This shirt actually looks good, but it ends there. In my case, this 15/34-35/medium sized shirt was anything but medium. While the neck and arm sizes were almost perfect, the trunk size was way too big. It seems to be large or XL, as an another reviewer noted.

I thought it could get it to a tailor, but when I put it on, I realized that the material, which is supposed to be 100% cotton, was crappy and really itchy, way below the quality of any shirts I had recently. Not recommended at all.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2014 7:16 AM PDT

Sony HT-CT350 Virtual 5.1 Sound Bar (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sony HT-CT350 Virtual 5.1 Sound Bar (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds great, great design, but no real replacement for 5.1/7.1, August 17, 2010
It works very well and sounds great, particularly with music. It does not create a believable surround effect, though. For example, in instances when the sound is supposed to come from the rear speakers, with this system it is more like an amplified echo effect, but there is no hint of directionality. Of course, it is not a replacement of a full 5.1 or 7.1 system, but it saves a lot a space and cables.

It connects perfectly with my Bravia TV. In this case, the HDMI control (Bravia Sync) just works. However, I am not able to control my slim PS3 with this system's remote. There might be some incompatibility, because I'm able to do so with the tv's control.

It looks good, and the construction is flawless, as with most Sony products. My advice, though - particularly for gamers, because of the lack of the directionality of the surround sound - is that if you have space for a full home theater system, do no opt for this product. I live in a small apartment, so I had no choice, and this system is great in my case.

Canon PSC-2060 Deluxe Fitted Leather Case for the Select Powershot
Canon PSC-2060 Deluxe Fitted Leather Case for the Select Powershot
Offered by Rand's Camera
Price: $9.99
11 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, August 17, 2010
This fits perfectly and looks good. It's a little girly, though, because it reminds me a little party purse.

Sony BRAVIA EX 700 Series 40-Inch LCD TV, Black
Sony BRAVIA EX 700 Series 40-Inch LCD TV, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok... and I returned it, August 17, 2010
In my experience, this tv is just ok, while I expect Sony products to be the best. The menu structure, the remote, the apps (I really don't know why every manufacturer keeps putting an internet connection in their tvs - my blu-ray, has it, my PS3 and Xbox360, too - why do I need to pay for this duplicate function?), the thin design and the build are all right. The image quality is clearly imperfect, however.

First, the blacks have a clear blue tinge. I think it's because of the LED side illumination, because my old XBR4 didn't have this defect.

Second, the viewing angle is bad. As soon as yoy stray from a central viewing position, the blacks begin to wash out significantly. From about a 45 degree angle they become a blueish-gray mess.

I thought I could live with this nuisances, but my tv developed a dead pixel in a week, so I decided to return it. Amazon's service was, of course, top notch.

In exchange I bought a (cheaper) Bravia EX500. In my opinion the image quality is clearly better, beacause of deeper blacks and the perfect viewing angles. I noticed a little more motion blur and you lose the thin frame, the Xross menu system and the internet connection, but I can trade these for image quality anytime.

Now I see you can get the 40' EX700 at $749 everywhere, I guess nobody is buying.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2011 6:58 AM PST