Profile for Anthony's Mom > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 61

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anthony's Mom "actteachlive" RSS Feed (NY, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil Conditioner, 8 Ounce
Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil Conditioner, 8 Ounce
Price: $11.98
11 used & new from $9.60

2.0 out of 5 stars Why do natural conditioners always come in such tiny bottles??, August 18, 2014
This works fairly well, but with my thick, 4B and 4C hair, I find I scrimp on it because the bottle has maybe three honest doses of the stuff. Not only is that on the pricey side, but it's a pain constantly running out of conditioner. If the bottle were more reasonably sized, I'd give the product three stars. It's okay for detangling, not outstanding. Love the ingredients and the company, but 12 ounces or more is a must.

Tropic Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo, 8 Ounce
Tropic Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo, 8 Ounce
Price: $9.99
15 used & new from $9.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't make my hair feel very clean, August 18, 2014
Well, it certainly doesn't dry your hair out, but I can't say it cleans it all that much, either. If you have any kind of oil or other buildup on your hair, this won't cut it. For naturally kinky hair, the gummy feel you get during the rinse-out it isn't going to help you with combing or sorting (I stopped combing a few months ago, I just sort my hair out with my fingers now). But I love the natural ingredients, and a little goes a long way. I don't believe I would buy this again because I like a little bit more of a "clean" feel than this offers.

The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration
The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Seminal, August 18, 2014
Amazing. Should be required reading in every public high school. Brought so many relatives to mind, and gave me a new perspective on what my parents went through growing up in the segregated South and how they related to the world thereafter.

Sensational Movie Monologues
Sensational Movie Monologues
Price: $4.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so Sensational out of context, August 18, 2014
I wouldn't call most of these sensational when taken out of the context of the movies they were written for. For actors looking for audition material, I don't think this is your richest resource.

Jardins du Seda France - Asian Pear Ceramic Box Two Wick Candle
Jardins du Seda France - Asian Pear Ceramic Box Two Wick Candle

5.0 out of 5 stars Candles like this ruin you for everything else, August 18, 2014
This candle is ridiculously delicious. Fruity, a teeny bit of something warm, not too sweet. Men and women love the scent. Plus the container is gorgeous, and the lid keeps the half-burnt candle look under wraps. Worth every penny. This, along with Diptyque's Baies and Neom's Tranquility candles are my favorite scented candles. None of them are cheap, but the scents are so rich, you only burn them for a few minutes to fill you entire home with fragrance, so they last a very long time.

Tropic Isle Living Coconut Jamaican Black Castor Oil Hair Food 4oz
Tropic Isle Living Coconut Jamaican Black Castor Oil Hair Food 4oz
Price: $8.95
15 used & new from $6.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank the lawd!, June 5, 2014
This product solved every issue I had with my natural hair: dryness, knotting, breakage, and missing edges from occasionally wearing wigs with those murderous clips in the caps. It also freed me from what I call "kitchen lotto" - blowing cash on a bunch of ingredients trying to come up with the winning combo (and the power ball is...Crisco! The kind from England! *sigh*)

Finally, this product let me use coconut oil without being chased down by bees and castor oil without having to make like one of those ducks in the Dawn commercials to get it out. It's not not pricey to use. You use a tiny bit a few times a week. Compared to the over-hyped natural hair products out there, this is very economical. Have you priced Miss Jesse or Carole's Daughter lately?? Don't those names sound like they're your girlfriends? But check the prices!! No love there.

Now if they'd only do a 2 ounce version for airport security....

TWO MONTH UPDATE: Don't ask me how, but I have less grey hair now. It has to be this product because I haven't changed anything else. WTH, but I'll take it!

Pantene Pro-V Truly Relaxed Hair Oil Creme Moisturizer 8.7 Fl Oz
Pantene Pro-V Truly Relaxed Hair Oil Creme Moisturizer 8.7 Fl Oz
Price: $4.97
25 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for natural hair, too!, January 8, 2014
The ONLY thing that has EVER kept my naturally kinky hair soft for days, not hours. it does contain one or two 'cones, which usually dry out and break natural 4a to 4c hair, do I gave this product a couple weeks before writing a review. Pantene is notorious for dropping products and making new ones, but this one deserves permanence. in love with my hair again.

Maybelline Pure Foundation - Caramel
Maybelline Pure Foundation - Caramel
Offered by Decorstock
Price: $5.00
7 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars so perfect, but discontinued!!, January 8, 2014
Excellent balance of adequate civerage and natural texture. Maybelline totally nailed it with the caramel shade: no cheap orange or grey pigments are visible. Discontinued now, so buy a few if yiu can. The drugstore cosmetic companies never seem to know which product lines to keep.

The Fine Print: How Big Companies Use "Plain English" to Rob You Blind
The Fine Print: How Big Companies Use "Plain English" to Rob You Blind
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Have your blood pressure checked first!, December 17, 2013
Infuriating information that everyone MUST have. I caught the power company tripling my bill after reading this. I question every bill now.

The 7 Principles of Fat Burning: Lose the weight. Keep it off.
The 7 Principles of Fat Burning: Lose the weight. Keep it off.
Price: $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great information!, December 17, 2013
Trying the program out now (okay, I'm doing it with about 90 percent compliance.) I feel good - not deprived. Great information. I've never heard a lot of the things in this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7